Kore: Our Little Damnation

Characters go here!
Ryoko

Kore: Our Little Damnation

Post by Ryoko » Sat May 23, 2020 9:38 pm

Is this thing on?

Okay, so...

My name's Kore Smith.

Long story short, my dad is the Devil. Well, okay, he's a devil. If you ask him, he'll tell you that he's the one and only, but he's about as absolute as any of the other '"gods" running around on this stupid planet. Doesn't mean that he couldn't burn this world to the ground whenever he does show up, though. And, before you get all upset and start pointing guns at me. No.

We don't get along.

Apparently, I'm supposed to be some dimensional crowbar. "The Antichrist" is what my dad likes to call me. The longer I stick around, the wider the door between our world and his opens. Demons have an increasingly easier time slipping over into our dimension, and I get more powerful. Dad had this dream that, one day, he'll be able to cross over into our dimension and we'd rule it all together.

Then I told him to fuck off.

Well, I haven't found a way to close the rift letting his pawns in and, honestly, I don't think there is one aside from having my head roll across the floor. The thought crossed my mind a few times, until I realized something. Or, until someone brought something to my attention, anyway. Dad used to call me the 38th alot. I'm not sure why I took so long to realize what that meant. I'm just his current crowbar. The first one to actually have a problem with being a crowbar, funnily enough. As soon as I die, he's just going to find another witch to stick his dick into and start all over again.

So, I've got a better idea.

I might be prying open his door, but I'm also stealing his power. And, from what I understand, he's not invincible... just close to it. I'm sure that most people won't agree with me, but fuck them. Why perpetuate the cycle when the answer is so clear?

I'll just have to kill him whenever he makes the mistake of crossing over into my world.

Until then? I'm just going to keep soaking in the power and wiping his kind from the face of the earth. And if I end up helping out some of these capes along the way? Well, that's just more experience for me.

I am... not entirely sure yet.

The answer will probably become clear with time, though. Thing is... I'm constantly evolving. I don't mean that in a presumptuous way where I'm deluding myself into thinking that some vigorous training is going to allow me to take down fucking Satan!

No, I'm literally evolving.

Sometimes it happens quicker than others but, every once in a while, I wake up in the morning and find out that I can do a new trick. It never starts out strong, but it's like finding a new muscle. And it only ever happens right after a wild dream.

The plan is... well, I don't have a fucking plan, really. I'm just hoping that, by the time dear old dad decides to show up and "renovate" my world, I'll have a collection of potent enough powers to put him into the ground... somehow.

I've got 5 tricks right now. Just enough to recognize a pattern, but that's subject to change. Also, is it just me, or do they seem to have a similar theme?

#1 Sin Sense

The first gift from dear old dad. I can tell just how awful of a person someone is. It's not particularly useful most days, but it does allow me to sniff out a psychopath from a mile away and demons light upon my radar the instant they come withing a 100 square mile radius.

Also, great for avoiding serial killers and rapists when walking through the wrong parts of town.

#2 The Void

It's kinda like portals, but not really? I can make these stationary black orbs that transport anything that they can fully consume into a... uh... sub-dimension? Let's just call it that. A void that used to be empty when I first opened it, but now I keep a few things lying around inside it for convenience. haven't been able to fit anything bigger than a human inside of it, but I don't know why I'd need to, honestly. I use it just as you'd expect, to get around the world quickly.

Or to just take a break, honestly. I've never been much of a people person, so it's nice to have a place of my own that not even my step-dad can get into.

#3 Brinesteel? Brimstone?

Demon Metal. It's Demon metal.

I can produce the stuff on my skin. It doesn't actually do anything special aside from being extraordinarily hard. That and it just kinda disintegrates if I lose physical contact with it for a few minutes. Kinda like Spiderman's webs and how they just seem to... disappear before the next day and somehow not leave his hometown absolutely drowning in webs.

I tried wearing it as armor once, but I'm like... not athletic and this shit is about as heavy as you'd expect nigh-indestructible metal to be? So what is it good for? Killing things.

Force multipliers that don't break.

Up until I develop some super-strength or the ability to shoot... something out of my hands, unbreakable melee weapons and shit I can throw by hand are probably going to be my go to for slaying demons.

#4 Regeneration

I actually have no idea how long I've had this power, to be quite honest.

Demon hunting and general vigilantism are both fairly new things to me. I figured out that I heal fast while I was washing dishes. Some idiot left a fucking knife at the bottom of the soapy water and I ended up slicing the palm of my hand open just trying to be a good employee.

I ended up looking like an idiot when I presented him with... a normal, healthy hand a few seconds later.

#5 The Power of lies

Illusions.

The ability to enchant my surroundings and project sensory information from my mind. They aren't real, and you can't touch them, physically, but they can fool every other sense... Aside from the supernatural, anyway. The quality of the illusions depends entirely on my memories or my ability to accurately visualize an experience that I'm trying to replicate.

Unfortunately, I don't have a photographic memory, so I'm going to need to do some studying if I want to use this for more than decoys, smokescreens, and distractions.

Part of the reason why dear old dad has never been able to cross over into our world is because, well, it's kind of hard to hide the fact that you're a freak in this world. Humans, especially, can't keep secrets for long. Not even me.

At one point in time, when you cut your arm and it healed in three seconds, people would start screaming "WITCH, WITCH!" and burn you alive out of principle. Now, I have no idea if any of the other "crowbars" had developed an immunity to fire, but I don't have that. Or an immunity to drowning. Or being beheaded. Or alot of things that people used to do to each other without a guilty conscience.

Huh.

I digress. Being born in a world where the insane is normal has actually made it incredibly easy to be the Antichrist and just tell everyone you're normal. I doubt I'll be able to keep that secret forever, but at least I don't have to hide what I can do from anyone.

Well... I want to thank my Stepdad... my real dad for convincing me to not end my life. You've been holding it down for me my entire life. I don't know what kind of person would agree to have a kid with Satan, and I don't regret never having the opportunity to find out, but she uh... she had great taste in men.

Well, sometimes.

I don't know how this is going to end but... thanks for everything.

Enter: Prince of Lies- [^]
Last edited by Ryoko on Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:51 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Active Sandbox Characters: Ryoko/ Kore/ Mina

For all other characters, click here

OniGirl

Re: Kore: Our Little Damnation

Post by OniGirl » Sat May 23, 2020 9:41 pm

BE MY FRIEND! Promise not like sent by your dad!

Looks great

Ryoko

Post by Ryoko » Sat May 23, 2020 9:42 pm

I think I'll send her to milk punch to practice some sword-fighting. Her and Oni-Girl can probably bump into each other there!

Ryoko

Post by Ryoko » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:56 pm

Updated 7/5/2020.

Kore gained "The Power of Lies", Trick #5.

Associated with An Unpleasant Trip to the Void