Dinner Date [CLOSED]

Roleplay locations.
Sayde

Re: Dinner Date [CLOSED]

Post by Sayde » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:35 pm

Chase was doing a wonderful job keeping the creature occupied. The lycanthrop swung blindly and ferally at her friend. Bonnie took no pleasure in his desperation, but he had attacked her once. Siobhan didn't forgive and forget easily. The only weapon that could harm it was six inches long, a small silver blade.

Bonnie waited for the right moment, until Jacob had his back to her. She ran at him, leaping onto his back like a cat. Her fingers dug into his matted fur and skin and she wrapped her legs around his waist in case he tried to throw her off. She hooked an arm around his neck and stabbed him in the shoulder. Nothing fatal, but it would certainly hurt.

Siobhan held on tighter to the monster, letting go of the blade. She couldn't keep hold of the illusion while struggling to keep her grip, and the blindness left Jacobs eyes. The couldn't create a new hallucination either. Chase was strong, but they no longer had the element of surprise. "HE CAN SEE YOU NOW!"

The Original

Post by The Original » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:55 pm

Blinded and faced with opponents did not help despite being physically more capable and superior. His foe just happened to be experienced enough to be toe to toe with a fully turned werewolf, with the help of an illusionist. Slashes were made on various parts of his sturdy frame, cuts that vaporized instantly and wounds that did not bleed. As the fight went on, Jacob was slowly getting used to the pace and movements of Jacob despite the handicap. Focus, Instinct and the absence of one sense diverted all that sensory abilities to another in order to aid Jacob.

That was, until he felt something or someone climb on to his back, their legs caged around his torso with one arm locked right around his beastly neck. And then came a sharp pain unlike any he'd experienced before. Jacob had heard about silver being a bane for werewolves, but having never experienced it first hand, had no idea what it was like to be stabbed with one. It jabbed right into his shoulder, a moment after which he regained his eyesight and realized what was going on and who was riding on his back, who had stabbed in.

It wasn't the thought of revenge or fighting back that coursed through the young werewolf's thoughts. Rather, he saw a chance to realize at least one of his goals, even if that meant abandoning the hunt. He could save her from the monstrous being! Despite the pain in his shoulders, Jacob took a sharp turn towards a building and one mighty leap later, stood atop the roof of a building with Bonnie still hugging his back. He did not stop. "...He's dangerous!" Yelled Jacob, almost growling as he took off, leaping off building top as he headed towards the distant marshes, away from the nightly lights of the district around them. "How on Earth did you even meet that demon?!" Jacob's shoulder with the silver blade in it had started going a blackish green, a clear sign of spreading poison.

Windigo

Post by Windigo » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:42 pm

If this was any other situation, Chase would consider Bonnie just a little bit crazy for even considering climbing on a werewolf's back. He would absolutely do the same in her shoes, though, and the second she warned him about the issue of sight, he backed off, ducking under one last swing before dancing to the side, knives currently ready, but no longer the flurry of black steel that they had been just a moment before. Though the wounds hadn't had the chance to bleed, the knives had struck deep enough to still be stained red before they were withdrawn.

Backing away was probably the worst mistake he could make at this point, as he quickly learned when the black and gray flurry of fur and girl disappeared from view at speeds he couldn't even hope to match. Even Chase, who was used to fighting metas and had met dozens of fellow supernaturals in his time, had to take a moment to process what had just happened. When it hit him, panic came, obviously, with a single syllable.

"...Shit."

But panic couldn't last. Chase was a survivor, and he'd had to get rid of the habit of panicking early on. The forcible replacement was determined calm, the call to action in the face of danger. Usually that danger was for himself, but now someone else needed the help more. He'd spent enough time playing vigilante to be more than willing to go after other people if the risk was acceptable. With Bonnie, it definitely was. She was smart, strong, stubborn. A survivor, at her core. Much like him. He wouldn't be following without reason.

With a deep sigh through his nose, the Cryptid turned in the direction where the werewolf had disappeared with Jinx, and did the only thing he could: followed.

Sayde

Post by Sayde » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:21 pm

Siobhan would have been exhilarated had she been in any other situation. The wind on her face and hair, and the racing of her heart. It was like a rollar coaster but faster, scarier and infinitely more dangerous.

Before she can realize it they are miles away from Cyrptid. Bonnie swings her fist against the monsters head. The only word she catches from the werewolf was "He's dangerous".

Is he talking about Chase?

Bonnie takes her legs off the beast and lets herself fall off, tumbling to the roof of the building he's on. The fact that he tried to talk to her annoyed her too. They had met before, he had to know she was deaf. She rolls along the gravel and groans standing up, taking in her surroundings. "Leave me alone! You don't even know him!" For the life of her she couldn't figure out why the beast thought Chase was a threat. "If you don't take care of that it'll kill you." Siobhan points at the knife.

The Original

Post by The Original » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:59 am

When Bonnie decided to let go of his back and fall, Jacob had no choice but to come to a sudden halt, almost tumbling off the edge of the roof they were on. He maintained balance, having had enough time to practice his superhuman abilities in werewolf form. He looked past her shoulder as she spoke to him, realizing that they had in fact managed to create some distance between the cryptid and themselves. And he realized, with regret, that he had forgotten the girl could not exactly hear his voice.

Jacob shook his transformation off, shrinking back to his human form. His hooded shirt had completely vanished from his upper body and his pants were a mess. What Bonnie could see was a fairly lean and bony form of a guy, malnutrition-ed because of his refusal to feast of human flesh and drink of human blood. He straightened his messy white hair as he approached Bonnie.

Jacob grabbed the knife and pulled it out his shoulders, smelling it before throwing it aside. It smelled of Silver, an odd choice for a blade of a knife. Then he recalled all those movies and myth about silver being dangerous to werewolves. It made sense. His whole arm ached as though the muscles were being liquified from the inside out.

For a while, Jacob scratched his head as he wondered how he was going to communicate with Bonnie. He could NOT sign, and he hadn't really paid much attention to videos or programs that taught him this particular skill either. He didn't think it was going to be useful to him before today. "uuuuuuuuh........" Jacob transformed into a werewolf again, using a claw to dig into the concrete floor of the building's roof to write a message for Bonnie. "He has something evil inside him. I can smell it." He wrote, pointing to his nose, a canine's that can sniff a scent for miles, and his was even more potent than normal animal sense of smell. "DO NOT TRUST HIM." Jacob wrote in bold words.

And Jesus the nerve endings on his finger tips hurt as hell by the time he finished writing the message. Fortunately, it healed in a matter of seconds and it didn't hurt anymore. He stood up to face her, his shoulder still showing no signs of healing. He was probably going to need some sort of medicine to combat the silver poisioning. But Jacob wasn't too worried. If nothing else he'll just sever his arm and hope it heals properly. He hadn't regrown a limb before but he hoped that was possible.

Sayde

Post by Sayde » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:31 pm

Siobhan watched as the hulking beast transformed into a rather scrawny man she would feel sorry to fight. She stepped back as he approached her, pulling out her knife. But strangely he doesn't attack her. Bonnie is curious as to what he is playing at. Most werewolves would slink off into the night licking their wounds if they were hit with a blade of silver.

He re-transformed, growing once again. Jacob used his nails to scratch onto the floor a message. Bonnie had to admit of all the strange communication methods hearing people came up with, this took the cake. She reads the message, and her forehead creases.

"He's my friend." Bonnie slurred slightly, "Chase has never laid a finger on me. Why the hell would I trust the monster who attacked me in my own home...As far as I'm concerned, I trust him more than you."

Siobhan took a deep breath. Something didn't sit right. He smelt something off. It was an odd choice of words. Not like a gut feeling or your eyes playing tricks on you. Smell was highly reliable. "Where'd you get this idea anyway?"

The Original

Post by The Original » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:41 pm

He started writing on the concrete floor again, "Back in Chicago. Met him at a coffee shop where he was talking to someone. Not sure what is inside of him but it's NOT normal." He emphasized the not normal part. Something that wasn't seen on the surface. He didn't smell like your everyday metahuman. Besides that stinking feeling that his aura gave off, he was basically human. "It was faint but, I sensed a bloodlust, a hunger for flesh. I should know, the same hunger has been haunting me for months!" Which was basically the truth. Whereas the hunger was overbearing for most, Jacob could go without that kind of food. He didn't feel any weaker despite looking the part.

Sayde

Post by Sayde » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:58 pm

Bonnie kept watching Jacob write. She didn't quite understand what he meant. Bloodlust? hunger for flesh?

She paces back a forth for a few moments, processing what Jacob was saying. Why was she even trusting him? After all, he nearly killed her. Stole from her. Jacob had also taken the time to "save" her, and from his facial expressions, was genuinely concerned. "What do you mean? He eats people or something?"

That was impossible. Chase hadn't even shown the slightest interest in harming her. They had traveled and fought together. Siobhan figured she would have figured something like that out already. He was also rather skinny and malnourished. It typically showed when a monster indulged themselves. She could tell Jacob hadn't eaten for how bony he was.

"You want me to believe my friend...is like you?"

The Original

Post by The Original » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:47 am

“I cannot confirm what he is, but he is not a werewolf.” The young werewolf painstakingly wrote on the ground, realizing this was the first time in his memory that he took the effort to really convince. Most people in his life in the past he did not really feel the need to have to try for.

“He may just be waiting for the right moment when you are completely vulnerable. Somethings enjoy toying with their prey before eating.”

Windigo

Post by Windigo » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:39 am

"Y'know, I've never actually heard of someone smelling hunger. In the past, it's always been 'fresh snow and dead leaves'."

It was hard - almost impossible - to say how long the man had lingered on the ledge of the roof, hands stuffed deep into his copious trenchcoat pockets, head at a thoughtful angle, but the rest of him straight as a rod. His words were abnormally loud, adjusted and enunciated so his friend could hear them while he communicated primarily with the animal that had carried her this far. He'd given up his element of surprise, but he acknowledged that there were more important things at stake right now than pummeling a werewolf pup.

How he'd gotten up here without being noticed was easy - he'd stayed downwind from the lycan, and nobody knew how to cover their tracks better than someone in the middle of the food chain. That's where Chase would place himself, anyway. He'd only been there for a moment - on the ledge, not the food chain - but once again, he might as well have been there for minutes, as he skimmed over one side of the conversation and had heard the other side's loud slurring from a block away. He wasn't looking forward to explanations. He also wasn't looking for a fight, however, as he did his best to indicate with his body. Werewolves could be so touchy about manners.

"He's right, though," he continued, stepping off his ledge, keeping his eyes on the beast while slowly edging his body between it and his friend. "I'm no werewolf. The full moon thing would be incredibly inconvenient. And as such, I've got manners. If I was going to eat somebody, I wouldn't bother toying with them. They'd know what was coming, and it would be a perfectly fair fight."

The words would stink of the truth. No wavering, no change in blood pressure or heart rate, no smell of telltale hormones. Because, well, it was the truth. The lycan had admitted to not knowing what he was dealing with, and that was more than an understatement. A surprisingly low number of fellow-supernaturals knew what Chase was at a glance, only that he was one of them, cursed, and hungry. And a loner. Unlike most loners, though, the very fact of that matter made him much more protective of the few people he got close to. Bonnie was one of those people. And if the werewolf so much as twitched in their direction, he'd be ready for it.