AMPERE Laboratory (Location)

Roleplay locations.
Azra
Bronze

Re: AMPERE Laboratory (Location)

Post by Azra » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:55 pm

"Yeah. I keep that in mind a lot. I like it though, keeps the crazy in check you know?"
Mana said it in jest, but her left hand motioned to touch the good luck charm given to her by Niku. Couldn't help but feel like things had been incredibly generous and fortunate despite everything she'd gone through. It mattered though, if the worst thing was harm to someone else, and for somebody else she was part of their someone else, then one had to be careful as well. Couldn't just take a hit, because ones pain shouldn't drag someone else down. It helped stay on guard, and if that mentality bridged out as wide as she felt it might then maybe someday things could be brighter. It was one of the lead components she liked to think to the infinite possibilities of things just becoming better.

That one line, from one person was enough to help keep her adrift even when the discussion had been so heavy.

A smile made its way back to her face though when things went back to engineering. A shared passion backed by a drive to use it to help others. Wasn't going to fix the lab just lingering on dreary memories.
"I imagine that wouldn't be to hard, a few changes to work on while also helping with the energy consumption. Easy work."
Or at least she imagined it was to them, making the mech side of things function smoother while dealing with everything being practically a battery was pretty weird but Mana figured they knew their stuff.

Unsurprisingly though the mech wasn't the focus.

"We should keep that in mind for the Ryoktra boot camp though. Or would it be Quivko? MaxDragarrow?"
None of those were words, sounded better then SOS Bootcamp though. That sounded like an emergency training session or something which was rather negative as opposed to positive growth.

Tangerine eyes looked to where a focus seemed to be.
"Maybe we should make something for him? Something any of us could use working down here but that also makes you remember something special. The first project getting back into things is important after all."
She'd never really met the guy, were only loosely in the same area during LA but she could tell he meant a lot to someone. One of the best things Mana could use not so long ago was just a reminder to design something more personal, she thought maybe asking what she did might lead to a similar sort of catharsis. Not just building but working on something significant.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:18 pm

“Simple work, maybe,”
Teja said,
“But simple doesn’t always mean easy, and even easy doesn’t always mean fast. We’ll do it the right way, one piece at a time. This place took me half a year to build to my satisfaction in the first place. It’ll take months to fix it up again, what with one thing and another.”
‘One thing and another’ generally meant the fact that something inevitably came up that required her attention - but Teja didn’t sound at all concerned about the possible duration of the project. If anything, she rather looked forward to it - it was good to have something like that going on. It was a good way to focus herself, and she could use all the focus she could find, these days.
“In any case, it won’t be done before the training excursion, nor would I really want it to be.”
Teja did not deign to comment on Manaria’s attempts at renaming it, but the mashups were at least as bad as some of those she’d seen back in the Army. The best judgment she could offer was one that was reserved.
“We want that to be as useful as possible, and that means focusing on what things will be like the majority of the time. Even once AMPERE is working fully, I don’t expect to bring it out much. I would rather hold that in reserve, for when it’s truly needed. The less that’s known about it, the better.”

She’d thought that would handle the situation, but Manaria’s next comment invoked a sudden crackle of static in the air, and a single, firm denial:
“No.”
The ensuing pause was broken only by the whisper of electricity. For all that Manaria was becoming an astute observer of some things, she had much to learn about others... like that some subjects were off-limits. The static quieted, slowly, even slow breaths pulling it aside.

Nonetheless, Teja shook her head after it was gone.
“Not for him.”
Her voice was iron: hard and brittle. Not with you. Manara was very capable, and Teja enjoyed her company on the whole - but some spaces didn’t have enough room for another person, and any projects concerning Hector... those were definitely one of them. Her exhalation was as close as she could come to an apology, regretful and slow.
“Leave him out of this. That’s not your place.”
One more lingering look, to the empty table.
“Or mine.”

Azra
Bronze

Post by Azra » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:48 pm

Mana paused for a moment, that small engine one called a heart thumped in her chest fast like a drum to some of her favorite music. Her expression one laced with concern. She wasn't afraid for what it was worth, didn't think an attack would come at her. But the outburst was sharp and alarming, it had struck a nerve and it went without saying the teenager didn't want to hurt the woman she so looked up to. Before speaking though she stopped.

She set the pen down and let her hands rest in her lap. Eyes closed, some soft orange light visible between lashes as she took a second to simply breathe. To let the world go quiet, a moment of simple meditation even if it was brief in its amount. Let herself unwind and compose herself, she couldn't get rattled so easily.
"Not so long ago I needed a project to be my own. Something personal. This lab seems like that, but I just thought that might be more."
There was a connection there, not said all that much but prevalent. Mana simply thought the connection there might do more good then just the lab. She decided to drop it at that however.

Some corner of her taking note though how caring and certain barriers may have shaped things. She didn't think any less of theirs but figured there might be something to take away there. Alfonse Jordan and herself were friends, it wasn't the same sort of relationship. That was soon to be a pig part of her life though in the coming years and she was taking this as a sign to be more open about it. How distance shaped things and what she wanted to shape instead of that.

"Sorry. Anyway...updates what else were you thinking? What will help make this the best hangout for nerds to you."
It was a bit difficult for her. Mana wanted to after that bit of remorse jump right back to her smiling and energetic self. She liked to think she was semi successful at the attempt at least, but obviously could have been better. Much as the bit of outburst helped though today was for a mentor and friend the young woman wasn't going to let her goals to adhere to that be so easily swayed.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:12 pm

“It’s not your fault, Mana.”
As much as the moment had more or less passed, that was important.
“Just... it’s complicated. But I’m not ready to... make choices about him. Not right now.”
Not when she could still hope that he might make his own choice, some day.

Not today.

“Mostly I think what I want to see right now is just... progress. Things happening. This place being... in use, again. It matters less about what it is being designed so much as that something’s happening. I think, though, the first step for me is going to be to work on those wall panels. That’s where most of the extra charge is stored, so getting those all up and running maximizes the energy I can store for later.”
Some of the panels were already working, but Teja wasn’t willing to fill all of the available space with energy. AMPERE was her safety net, after all - she needed the space to be available, in case...

...In case something happened.

“Come on. Let’s pull one of the panels down and you can help me rework the internal wiring. That’ll be a good starter project for today.”

Azra
Bronze

Post by Azra » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:27 pm

Honestly she felt she could use a hug to make up for the outburst. Mana wanting some final element to help solidify the moment had passed and that anger wasn't lingering in the room. Asking for one though sounded childish which she totally wasn't. Though she might try and sneak one in at the very least when she eventually left.
"That's fair. Just know you've people who'll help if need be when you are."
Mana responded briefly, figuring best not to stay on the subject.

She didnwant to end on that note however. The cyborg while no blonde leader of the team hyperfocused on saying how important teamwork was, she still saw the value in it. Far as she had come who knew if she'd have walked away from LA without Landon, or the fight with Amaranth without Liam. If she'd have been able to pick herself up from the brawl with Jackal without the aid of Ryoko. So many had come for her when in need when taken by X, and two of her friends were saved partly by trusting Teja to go to them. She took pride in how far she had gotten but it was by no means alone on such a journey. Much as she cared for others it was also a huge component in why she was able to even continue.

"Yeah maybe should make sure there's still four walls before getting absorbed in trying to build mecha fists that can rocket off."
The teen remarked looking for something to just keep the mood bright. Even if she might get picked on for continuing to insist on a rocket punch option. Her left mechanical arm reaching out for the notes scribbled down incase they were needed to look at while working on the panels.