HELLCAT! Boxing Gym [MC Location]

Roleplay locations.
OniGirl

Re: HELLCAT! Boxing Gym [MC Location]

Post by OniGirl » Fri May 29, 2020 5:40 pm

Carmen honestly found that a hint discouraging, if only cause the idea of global traversal appealed to her. Demon fighting across the world lended itself to her want to see the world. Although she wasn't opposed to a fight coming to her either, she didn't want to see Millennium or Duskburg burning of course, but her fighting spirit burned just to intensely to not like the notion of such a challenge. The other two abilities were less fascinating to the Oni.

Making heavy monster weapons hell yes! Traveling through a black orb to places what more could a girl want? Carmen wasn't so sure she'd want to see the sin in people, to know just how bad the world was. she would much rather see people in person and form an opinion. When the image turned ugly she wanted to PUNCH IT! But that at least alluded to the idea of seeing decency. Healing was good, Carmen was a difficult woman to break though and rather liked when something got through her. Being in pain sucked but there was a thrill to finally finding challenge.

A weapon was made and the devil took it hand without much finesse. She still wasn't very good with weapons, odds being that if she swung the blade around it might not even have proper edge alignment. Being a seven foot tall monster with muscles that might stress clothing though with a flex it looked at least good in her hands. That said the only thing helping her with the patchwork weapon was weight distribution and balance didn't matter as much to her might. Her free hand took time to run along the edge testing its edge or lack there of. Was a brief moment where she could feel it might cut her skin but that edge was soon gone before it could dig in. Moving to a thicker segment of the edge Carmen would look to press down on the blade. It seemed indestructible that said Carmen had the kind of strength where a full on punch was matching a weapon of mass destruction. She figured was at least worth trying to smooth the edge into what Kore was after.

"Better than nothing but yeah less than ideal." Her smile was wide, maybe even sweet given her apearence though that might have been concerning. "Think about it like this, if I could hit with one ton of explosive force as a baby and my strength doubles every year. That means in less than a year I'm likely to hit like a NUKE! Not a lot phases me. I work a dumb moving job and a gym I'm not rich enough to afford some lessons with a ninja. Fighting actual Satan with you PROBABLY THE BEST THRILL I CAN GET!" One could say maybe it was just the need to feel something. She was a woman who most days probably wasn't going to have the fight to challenge her, fear was conquered she now just sought growth or a fight to challenge herself.

Midnight bangs were tucked behind a pointed ear as the devil continued. "Friends are good but if looking for payment I don't know. Maybe teleport me to some anchient martial arts temple to train at sometime. OH! Or when you've mastered that forge thing, some actual long lasting gear for a girl? Friggin DEMON ARMOR or weapons like a kanabo that weighs something absolutely stupid!" Her dad and her had spent a life time just fighting to make their own living she didn't really feel like asking for stuff. May as well give her thoughts though if the other hell spawn was going to insist.

Ryoko

Post by Ryoko » Sat May 30, 2020 11:42 pm

"Thrilling... I mean, sure, I guess I can't argue with that."

Kore sighed. She wasn't... overly satisfied with Carmen's answer, but at least the girl was consistent. Maybe simplicity was just... too simple of a concept for her to accept given how murky and convoluted every other aspect of her life had turned out to be. She pulled out her smartphone and slid it over to Carmen with the contacts page already open and ready to be filled out.

"My... void can only really move things that can fit inside of them. I don't mind taking you wherever you want to go, but you, in particular, might have to... scrunch up a lil bit to actually fit inside of one though. And, as for longer-lasting weapons... we'll just have to see about that one. But I'll make sure to holler at you whenever my abilities to evolve again. And if I run into a demon in town that's a bit... beyond my ability to handle."

As the girl put whatever over-the-top moniker that she was sure to identify with into Kore's phone, she decided to pick the girl's brain. On paper, her words would probably come off as rude, but her inflection portrayed a more genuine curiosity for the anomaly sitting before her.

"Outside of that one priest who's taken a liking to you, do you have people in your life outside of your family? Like, I know, I get it. Your appearance and you're powers are 'a blessing, not a curse' and you're proud of them. I know. But... that sentiment's not universal, is it?"

"Next Warmonger walking down the street" is what she said, right? Carmen might not have had a cruel fate laid out for her like Kore did... but she kind of did. Kore, at first glance, just looked like your typical eighteen-year-old goth. Nobody stared at her with judgemental eyes or sharpened their knives with sinister expectations. She might've carried a dark secret, but nobody assumed that she even had a secret to keep. With Carmen though, well...

She could only assume that it's the exact opposite.

"Cuz, I mean, if you just want someone around to shoot the shit with who's not going to make a big deal out of things that you can't control, I can be that person. That's an answer that I could accept, honestly."
Active Sandbox Characters: Ryoko/ Kore/ Mina

For all other characters, click here

OniGirl

Post by OniGirl » Sun May 31, 2020 12:29 am

The initial answer of a thrill didn't seem to get the most warm response, likely just wasn't something that one could take serious. Carmen was though, making friends with the daughter of Satan to then drive her fist through his skull sounded right up her alley! To climb up the towering red figure rip the crown from his head and claim the power as there's HELL YEAH! She laughed a bit to herself at the idea, she wasn't a fiend of conquest but something about the idea of going to hell or it coming to them shifted her thoughts some. "I mean I also just like backing people up. Dad helped me try and focus my rage and lust for fighting into something helpful. Seeing a bro rise to new heights that's also nice and reminds me I'm not just an oni but ONI-GIRL!"

Taking the phone it clearly took a bit of additional time to put her contact info in. She was pretty good at controlling her strength but phones were a bit more fragile by design all slim and compact. Just pushing a little to hard or holding for long could mean breaking the thing. It was why Carmen's own phone looked as thick as it did. Thankfully Millennium City had special phone cases for such a thing. Carmen's phone sitting by the coffee mug a thing looking a lot thicker thanks to the red and black protective case. A small Oni mask as charm hanging off the device.

Naturally Carmen was saved under. ONI-GIRL!/Carmen! Because of course it was.

The idea of curling up in a ball didn't bother Oni. She even kind of liked the idea. Off on the distant mountain tops of Okinawa the snow falls a alabaster beauty to contrast the vacant trees. The branches devoid of leaves reach out like hands. Within their grasp forms a black egg as if spawned from the aether. The shell disipates the heat of the obsidian sphere melting the snow some before it vanishes in a cloud of night. Descending from the cocoon falls the demon, who when standing dwarfs any man or woman who dares to watch. The fall and winds making her hair seem like flames of the abyss. Eyes normally a cold blue flashing red as the depths of hell as the excitement of the fights ignites that passion for conquest! Given how quick her mind came up with that though maybe she needed to get out more.

Drifting thoughts aside she handed her own phone over to the other spawn of hell. "So priests who get punched is a common thing. Actual people that matter though are sparse. There's my dad of course" posters of the retired boxer and vigilante Hellcat were plentiful around the gym. "There's also Ray, cranky redhead but he's the closest I got to an actual little bro given how long we've known eachother. Kyler more recent friend, a young Mage who's wuick to adapt. Then a few friends from work n school to an extent. School less so, dad tried to get me to go to the academy. I dropped that crap though, all lecture NO SUBSTANCE! Anyway it's yeah not a long list." She might have also just not been good with grades though. At any rate going through her contacts to plug ones own number in would reveal just how short a list it was. Likely just over ten or so certainly not over twenty.

"I'd gladly take the company. Provided you're up for the whole fire and ice combo we got going, you're rather chill...me let's say not so much." Carmen joked rather amused by how well it both fit and contrasted to her. "What about you if you don't mind? Take it at least a few more people given not so apparent in a reason to be concerned?"

Ryoko

Post by Ryoko » Sun May 31, 2020 1:42 am

"I'd like to think I have a lot of people who care about me. I grew up over there in Duskburg. Got around alot, even before I got the power to teleport. I have the luxury of choosing friends who don't reek of sin. That's a fairly small portion of Duskburg, but it's alot of people for me."

"Kore the Smartass" was the new contact added to Carmen's phone. Ugly thing, but I guess a machine has to be built Tonka Tuff to handle an Oni. She dropped her an email too, in the likely event that her exploded or dropped out of her pocket during another inevitable fight.

"And that's part of the reason why I'm trying so hard to make the impossible happen. I actually have a lot of shit to lose if I don't. And, honestly, you do too. I'm not picking a fight with the devil because I want to. I'm doing it because everything's fucked if I don't. My life, yours, and everyone else's on this planet."

Funnily enough, Kore had never really considered asking others for help in her journey. Part of it was most folk seemed the type to take the easy route, go for her head, and set the cycle back in motion to make it an issue for the next generation. Part of it was the fact that she felt that, well, it was her responsibility as her father's "crowbar" to deal with him, herself. But, if fools like Carmen wanted to volunteer?

Why turn them away?

"You're actually the first... well, I guess you're not a metahuman, technically. You're the first person with powers who I've really gotten to know. I'm still new to this whole 'joining the fight' thing. You're also the only person outside of... a certain group of people who even knows that I have demon blood, so let's... keep that between you and me, okay?"

Kore didn't feel the need to bring up the Vampire situation in Duskburg and, even if she did, there was no point in getting Carmen involved in some business that she had already taken care of, personally. And, it wasn't clear by now, Kore didn't share Carmen's sentiment on "Demonic Pride". But, then again, Carmen wasn't exactly an abomination factory, so she couldn't expect her to fully understand her situation.

"Back home, I've actually started feeling a bit like you do, funnily enough. As much as I'm not a fan of fighting, I still need to if I hope to get better at it. Believe it or not, back in Duskburg, I've got folks who've started using me as more of a 'Demon Detector' than a 'Demon Hunter'. It's nice but... I don't need to be getting soft, you know?"

She got her phone back and rolled her eyes when she saw the name. But... she was happy. Carmen was too straight forward to be real, but at least she seemed trustworthy. And Kore felt she accomplished everything that she had come to that gym to do.

Only one more thing.

"I think I'mma head out. You want a ride somewhere? This ain't a car, mind you, I can take you anywhere. Literally."

A dark orb appeared just in front of Kore; it's diameter just a few inches longer than her height. She could step right into it, but Carmen would have to put those abs to use and compact herself a little bit before she could enter the void. A void that Kore controlled. And wherever Carmen might want to be would be right on the other side.
Active Sandbox Characters: Ryoko/ Kore/ Mina

For all other characters, click here

OniGirl

Post by OniGirl » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:15 pm

Carmen was kind of pleased with that fact, most shouldn't just go looking for a fight. Especially with forces likely so much higher than they likely were, she'd rather people not be broken or killed by power beyond their comprehension. Of course she wanted to find a fight, but she could take hits meant to level buildings like most boxers took a average man's punch. She grew up wanting to be a fighter sense she was tiny, well tiny for her! Growing into expert of punching was her life's work! The challenge of such imposible odds was meant to be what she was faced with, even if that was inconceivable to most she met.

"Well now you're at least not a lone in trying to prevent the apocalypse. Classic good cop bad cop! But the good cop can make swords to stab idiots with, and the bad cop can reduce heads to paste!" Neither of them seemed out for blood like that, didn't change how the devil liked to word things though. She had gotten used to playing up what her image suggested a bit. If nothing else it meant her actual personality was disarming.

The not so obvious demon finder seemed ready to head out though so the demon got to her feet. "Let me go grab a few things. Think I've an idea of a place to hit up for a few days! Maybe hit the punching bag some? BACK IN FIVE!" With that the overly energetic demon bounded up the stairs heading to the home above the gym. She knew her work would let her draw out her weekend so it just took writing a quick note to her dad a change in clothes and quickly throwing things into a backpack. Carmen had always wanted to travel, now she had a rare chance to actually go somewhere!