HELLCAT! Boxing Gym [MC Location]

Roleplay locations.
Veil Walker

Re: HELLCAT! Boxing Gym [MC Location]

Post by Veil Walker » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:26 am

Kyler's hand flinched away, and moved at a speed unlike what he had demonstrated to her at the park. He stepped closer to her, to limit her greater range, having been taught that by his brother. He snapped a quick uppercut with his right hand at her chin, using her training to help guide it. His hands were a blur, moving much faster than they physically should have. Despite the speed and strength of the attack, the air was more still than it had been, instead of the violent outburst of energy that should have come from such an attack. If it struck, it would hit with not just the strength to shatter granite, but a burst of extra kinetic force would course through as well.
"Not bad, right?" Kyler said, laughing. He took another breath, and quickly resumed his stance before firing another quick left hook to her ribs. Once again, the environmental factors that should have occurred from such speed and power never happened.

OniGirl

Post by OniGirl » Sat May 02, 2020 2:19 am

It was difficult for Carmen as she realized what was coming. Her punch still going more as a test despite the position change went wide. Quick reflexes avoiding the hit and the body of her partner in the ring flowing for an attack. The issue was just in excitement, in retaliation. Thoughts of lashing out in response the punches she could throw or holds she might be able to try. A urge to push the fight further, as her mind raced thigh she pulled it in September simply let her non extended hand move up to catch the punch.

Her fist lifting a tiny bit from the impact, it was nothing like what Kyler had thrown back at the magic lessons start but the form was better. The speed and power behind it as well was commendable. Lastly was just the follow up of kinetic force a second sort of punch in the system. He moved to throw another punch this one flowing toward her ribs and in the span of time to move back to a normal stance Carmen brought her fist back. With this she was able to catch the incoming attack as well. Though not without a need for speed and exertion, the ropes of the ring rattling from the movement.

"Know you're not one for it, but if you can stay that reactive and hitting that hard should be in good hands. That can likely take out a fairly thick granite wall." There was an urge to go on the offensive after the words, to fight and train all the more. Such a mindset was more in the back and forth she was used to though instead she stepped back, deciding best to let the new gym member sort of figure out what typo he favored here. "Like I said before, I'm not about beating up on others but improvement. So what do you need?" She new what she favored but it wasn't her call.

Veil Walker

Post by Veil Walker » Sat May 02, 2020 2:42 am

Kyler grinned. He had hit her with some very light punches to test things out. Since she seemed to be keeping up with him just fine, he decided he could step things up. If he was honest, he figured he couldn't hurt her, but he 'd wanted to be sure. He still felt bad when he thought about when he made her bleed. Her ease at catching his punches made him happy. He knew she'd be the right teacher for this.

"Thanks, Oni. I'm glad for the help." He knew exactly what he needed. He just didn't know how to say it.

"I need.... I need to learn how to do all of this better. I can take a hit. I know that. I need to know how to avoid getting hit, and how to take someone down who's bigger and stronger than me." The young mage relaxed his stance for minute, looking down. He wasn't sure how much to tell her. She'd been a good friend to him so far, but trust was still hard for him. He'd befriend most people, but trust? Trust was hard. He swallowed, and looked her right in the eye. He tried to see just her. Past the bold confidence. Past the toughness. He smiled at what he saw, and nodded.

"I have this... feeling. Like something's coming, and I'm not ready. Whatever it is, it terrifies me. If I'm honest... I want you to teach me how to be brave, and how to survive. Please, Oni. Help me."

OniGirl

Post by OniGirl » Sat May 02, 2020 8:24 pm

Carmen found herself hesitant on if she was the person for such lessons. She seemed to get stronger with each passing year, more resilient and dangerous. With such escalation though one could say the confidence just came from a almost factual perspective. What was a meta powered criminal or gunman to someone who needed heavy artilery just to make her flinch. She liked to think there wasn't a challenge she would back down from though so her stance shifted gesturing for Kyler to come at her.

"You deal with magic, so I don't know if we're talking big or someone who towers over buildings. With a taller Fow though usually you want to get in close take away their range advantage. Depending on how tall we're talking might not be able to go for the head so go for the body get them winded." A few jabs referencing where she meant, the ones she showed taken from when Hellcat went up against the Towerror, who's name was just a bad mash up of tower and terror. He'd been a metahuman who was tall and slightly super human in strength, in the fights of vigilante and villain her dad had developed a favorite little combo of his. One he then used as the basis whenever trying to teach others.

As for avoiding that was more dependent on each situation the devil found, but she'd try. "I imagine with your senses it's hard to sneak up on you. It's still best just not to expose your back to the enemy." Oni said this as she began looking to simply move to get behind Kyler, steps often the occasional jump. Try and get the new gym member used to trying to keep the enemy ahead of them. "As for bravery that's more on you to uncover! But I like to remember why I'm in a fight as a go to." She wasn't out to save the world but to grow in her own ability, it wasn't the noblest thing but she thought it worked. Nobody could grow punching a civilian non combatant, better they fight her. And should she somehow lose well then she had lessons to take from that. When it came to fighting that development was the importance to Oni-Girl! That was hers though, she couldn't teach someone a lesson that should be their own discovery.

Veil Walker

Post by Veil Walker » Sun May 03, 2020 1:12 am

Kyler nodded. He mimicked her first set of jabs pretty well.

"That's the problem, Oni. I don't even know what I'm supposed to be getting ready for. I don't even know if it's all just in my head. Wouldn't be the first time something stupid got stuck in my head," he muttered bitterly. All he had was a feeling. A feeling of dread. It had haunted him for days now, driven him to find new people. Kyler flinched as she tried to get behind him, spinning rapidly.

"I really don't like people behind me, so that shouldn't be a problem." He let out a weak laugh, but it was pretty obvious it was forced.

"Honestly, I don't know how to be brave. Most times, I just kind of... go on instinct. Either that, or curl up in a ball for months. How do you get ready for something when you have no idea what it is? Tell me about some of your battles. I'm sure you've got some good ones." Kyler faced her again, hands coming up in a simple stance again. Before she could answer, he threw another straight right at her stomach. This time, he stepped into it, putting much more of his gathered strength into the strike. He felt the spirit of the Earth. Tectonic plates shifting and causing devastation. The punch carried the strength to shatter a mountain, moving at twice the speed of his earlier strike. His brother had told him that sometimes in a fight, you had to be distracting.

OniGirl

Post by OniGirl » Thu May 07, 2020 1:50 am

A little more power was put into her jumps sticking to slightly faster but singular motion. Her rhythm being to stick to side jumping in a predictable but rapid way. Didn't require much to keep the devil facing ones front, but would require control.
"You say that but you're flinching, jumpy! If this alone is enough to get you rattled it's going to be easy to rattle you in a fight!" Carmen leaned on her strength alone, she didn't have lasers or the ability to fly it was easy for someone with such possible weakness she knew simply being shook by movement and position was something she couldn't allow.

"Unless you got precognition you don't know what's coming in a fight. They might feint a punch to go for a gun, a left hook is just a set up for a right uppercut. You don't steel yourself by thinking my enemy is bigger. But rather that they've got everything stacking against me, so what do I do? Train to be not what is needed to conquer your enemy but your fear!" Over in the corner the father of a given demon smiled, a lot of what Oni said was just her energy mixed with his lessons. That last line though was her own.

"Story time though, well when I was seven I was walking home from school. Couldn't afford a place in Millenium so it was Duskburg. Met a teacher with some less than savory games he wanted to play. I didn't know everything then but I knew it was bad so said NO! Then though he pulled a gun on me and told me to get in the car, said it again so he shot me. I panicked and cried but found the round simply dropped from my shirt. I wasn't exactly happy with the stain on my jeans so I grabbed his wrist and squeezed until he squeezed. I was scared few shots in still blinking and scared, gun empties though and I know he can't hurt me! I couldn't take everything but was clear I could hold my own. Fears were faced! So I punch!" She throws a jab fully meant to miss but so strong and fast the pressure from it had the gym doors flinging open. The punch was intended entirely to miss Kyler no risk of it hitting mostly it was just meant to be something almost anyone would flinch or recoil from. The goal being that hopefully he realized he didn't have to move, scary as it may be there was no reason to fear.

stopping she put her hands out inviting punches to come her way. "It's okay if you're not fearless. But don't give the enemy an upper hand!"

Veil Walker

Post by Veil Walker » Thu May 07, 2020 3:28 am

Kyler stumbled a bit, managing to keep her in front, if just barely. He shook his head at her words, though he still managed a weak smile.

"Of course I'm rattled in a fight! The only times I've ever fought, I've pretty thoroughly gotten beat down. Besides, you'd have to be even crazier than I am not to flinch away from the thought of you coming up from behind. I mean, I saw you at the park. I know you hold back for me, and I'm grateful. The idea of you going all out on me still freaks me out." He looked at her apologetically now. It wasn't fear of her that drove him. It was fear instilled in him as a child. As someone who had consistently attacked by a stronger opponent.

"Show me what to look for, then. I trust you, Oni, though I doubt I'll ever be able to conquer my fear. I just have to learn to deal with it. " Kyler's expression, which had started out intrigued, turned grimmer and grimmer as Oni's story continued. He hated the fact that the world seemed to be full of bullies. People who weren't even brave themselves. Just confident because they thought they had the power. By the end of the story, Kyler was almost glaring. Shadows around the ring slowly drew closer, the nearest ones trailing lazily around the boy's left hand.

"At least you got away. The story isn't always so nice for most people. Most people get beaten down. Most people don't have anything to protect themselves. The strong get what they want, while the rest of us are meaningless." Kyler's left hand slowly darkened as his anger grew closer and closer to the surface. With a sigh and a shaken head, the shadows slowly drew back to where they had started.

"I'm sorry. Still getting used to all of this. I am just trying to be a decent person. That's my only real goal these days." He smiled ruefully, before resetting. He launched a series of three punches at the same force as the previous strike. The first was a looping right hook that left his face way too exposed aimed, oddly enough, at her bicep. The second a short left aimed for the center of the sternum, followed by another left aimed for her ribs.

OniGirl

Post by OniGirl » Thu May 07, 2020 10:47 am

The devil laughs and Carmen smiles. That was entirely a fair point! "I wouldn't go all out unless I knew you could take it. Haven't been able to study a bunch of martial arts like I'd like so a lot of time went into what I do have available and control." She wasn't to sure what her upper limits were really just knew that she seemed to get stronger each year and her own work out routine only aided in such efforts. Heavy artillery was likely only going to bruise her at best. "Maybe ask yourself then should you be afraid? If you trust me then why be concerned?"

Sure the answer was because she could turn most people into the a hellish pile of remains if she chose, she wasn't going to though! "Consider footing and position, what might you be able to use robe used against you. Consider where you are and can you catch yourself? The less you give them to exploit the less you have to fear! As well as consider what you can do! Should you run, maybe you should do one of your spells? Ask yourself do you even need to be afraid? Because you probably know you better than they do." It was hard at first but Carmen rather liked the story she shared, because it showed she was afraid then confident, well angry and confident but then knew she didn't need to be scared.

Then came the attacks her way, noticing the brief change that receded, he noticed it and controlled it. That goofy big eccentric smile of hers came from the fact, a hit of pride. Granted that might be easily missed with all the movements of Beelzebub's bull and the dancing black flames that was the midnight hair of Oni-Girl! She flowed to the right evading the attack at the bicep. "Where you aiming!? That was off center and wouldn't likely stop me using my arm you can do better!" Her left hand went up to catch the first strike and elbow moved to catch the follow up.

"Same arm and same general area, not bad to put pressure on a more singular area if you can. If not though go for a mix up!" As she said this though she looked for a moment to stomp on the mat, a heavy fall of the foot. For all the thunderous noise of the fists hitting her it might very well be dwarfed by the roar from the collision of foot to the mat. With said stomp was also enough force to make boulders leap into the air, she was looking not to harm a friend but to provide something that would likely trip him up and challenge footing. So that hopefully she could encourage landing and a better grasp of keeping ones balance.

Veil Walker

Post by Veil Walker » Thu May 07, 2020 12:17 pm

Kyler smiled at Oni.

"I know you wouldn't. You are loud and confident, but you've never shown any sign of hurting people. That's why I am here. That's why I trust you. You listen to people, and you care. I don't judge people on how they look. I judge them on how they act, and I have never been disappointed by you. You're way stronger than me, and you have never abused that. I respect you because you always hold back. I don't know if you realize how special that is to me." He fumbled with his hands for a moment, unsure of how to continue.

"I'm not concerned because of you. It's just... a bad instinct. I'm so used to getting hurt by people stronger than me, I don't know how to react differently. Oni, since my brother died, you're the only person in my life besides Bran who hasn't hurt me just because they could. You're strong and tough, and I'm so jealous. You might never know how much I wish I could have been you growing up." He sat back and listened to her next words. She was right. Watch the field. Be mindful of what was around you. She didn't know his spells, but she had excellent advice at getting out. She had even shown him that maybe it was okay not to be afraid. He wondered at her last question. Yes, he doubted he could handle currently her strongest attack. But did he need to be afraid? The person who had hurt him had no hope of doing so now. So why was he constantly afraid of those who had super strength? Perhaps it was foolish to be afraid.

"Actually, Oni, it made sense to me. My attacks. First cause you wouldn't expect to be hit in the arm. Second because you haven't studied one of the greatest boxers, obviously. " Kyler grinned at her, happy he knew something she didn't, despite being trained by a great boxer.
"Rocky Marciano used that tactic a lot when he fought. Wear down your opponent's arms so they hit with less force. My brother taught me that. He told me that Marciano was never beaten. It seemed a good move if I was fighting someone stronger than me." Kyler grinned at Oni. He figured she knew everything there was to know about fighting, so it was a great pleasure to show her he knew a bit about it she didn't. He rode the wave of force she then sent out as though he were born to it. Then looked at her with a strange expression.
"Oni. You know I trust you. If... If you trust me... I might be able to give you more of a contest. I might even be able to test you. Only problem is.... I don't know if I can control it. So.... Oni Girl.... Should I cut loose? You'd know better than me what you can handle. And I trust you to keep it contained."

OniGirl

Post by OniGirl » Tue May 12, 2020 11:47 am

"Props for knowing the name I'm really bad at that!" Carmen's laugh was accompanied by her dad's elsewhere in the gym. "It's not that I don't know the move though so much as question the goal of it. Consider who your up against and what the best play there is. If you can tire them out then yeah do it! But if your trying to knock down a brick wall you don't hit it with a tennis ball. Each fight and fighter is different, how you make that work for you may decide a win or not." Didn't change how pleased she was to see growth and taking words to heart.

She hesitated though on the request. Not that she was against such tests, quite the opposite. Oni would be kicked into the next state over with pleasure if it meant a good fight or more so the possibility for growth. Mainly the issue was just location, at the end of the day the gym was still just that. Apart of even why Carmen had the control she did was because she often had to practice knowing what it might do to her home if she wasn't careful. So rather she stepped back and reluctantly shook her head, long midnight hair flowing side to side with the motion.

"I'm absolutely up for it, but that's not a lesson for in here. These four walls can only take so much and I'd rather my bed on the floor above us not fall on you! So that can be a bit later! Let me know when ready and we can test it in the open!" Because neither the Hellcat or Oni-Girl could pay for replacing to much in this rundown little corner of Millennium.