HELLCAT! Boxing Gym [MC Location]

Roleplay locations.
Veil Walker

Re: HELLCAT! Boxing Gym [MC Location]

Post by Veil Walker » Wed May 13, 2020 8:12 am

"But whoever said it was futile? Even a tennis ball might have some tricks!" Kyler sent a pulse of magic into Oni, with the intent of weakening her muscles down to his level. The strike, after all, had simply been to transfer his power into her.
"Heh. Oni shouldn't trust that I'd play fair. When outmatched, cheat, after all! I can't match your strength currently, though Grippleback said I could if I kept studying. You're too strong for me. So what do you do with an opponent you can't beat? Weaken them!" Kyler grinned again at her, enjoying his use of tactics.
"You know, Oni, I said a lot of nice things about you, but you said nothing." Kyler threw a straight right at Oni's belly. Suddenly, the attack had sped up. It was much faster now than it had originally been, and if it hit, would strike with twice the power of previous attacks.
"I get that. I'm kinda glad you said not to. That side of me scares me. I get out of control. Still, I can tap some of its strength if I need to."

OniGirl

Post by OniGirl » Fri May 15, 2020 9:04 pm

It was a bit of a curious thing likely, to take in the strength of Oni-girl! She was nowhere close to dropping in her raw physical power. She did look a bit more tired, now actually sweating as opposed to being just fine only earlier. Taking in her strength even briefly and in the smallest of dosage likely felt as if someone was at least twice as strong. Possibly even leagues more than that, Carmen though was just a singular power. Monstrous strength, from it came some other things but at its core it was just a ever growing monster of physical power. The leading theory was that it doubled almost every year and she had already been super humanly strong as a baby. It was hard to make her less than what she was because it was nothing through magic or mutation but there from the start and always expanding.

She was left kind of blinking in surprise though about the outburst. It wasn't foreign to her, but she didn't really know what people expected. She was loud and excited, encouraging and lively to her that said all she needed to about a person. She wasn't about saying "good job" but rather "you're great and did this but do even more!" Carmen wasn't exactly known for calling people things. What was she supposed to do ask a girl to be the angel to her devil? Call some young spitfire friend cute? That didn't sound like her.

"I know I'm loud but I like to think I speak more nonverbally when it comes to that." She remarked a little bummed as she knew it wasn't what anyone was likely after. It was honestly the case though, about as far as she got was calling people chief or bro. One being family one being a sort of rank, that she cared for a friend as if they were kin. Or she listened to the words of someone as if they were the wise mentor.

With a ring rattling leap the devil bounced backwards avoiding the punch. "And is this method better? Draining energy from others? I don't know magic but I'm curious how much or far do you want to go? Bran, Drinkers, Grippleback each is different but is any of them you?" While it wasn't her field everyone was usually in some category. Favoring range, or holds, some were about pressure others calculated. The magic she saw in punching was transferable to trying to know actual magic some.

Veil Walker

Post by Veil Walker » Mon May 25, 2020 6:25 am

Oni wasn't the only one who was sweating. Slow ragged gasps escaped Kyler as he struggled to maintain the magics. He still wasn't used to them yet. Wasn't used to the toll they took on his body. But that was why you had gyms, right? To improve yourself, physically. Kyler nodded at her words. He'd honestly just been teasing her. He could tell she wasn't some mushy ball of fluff. He didn't think it would suit her.
"I think you're more angel than you think. Just because you look like a demon doesn't make you one. You're a good person, even if you might not think it." Kyler had to hope in that, not just for her, but for him as well. The magics inside him had been fun at first, but since the park they terrified him. He had turned a living thing to ash. He didn't know if he could ever accept that as part of himself, but he knew for his own sake he had to. He froze at her next question. It was a fair question. Who was he as a mage? He'd never wanted to hurt anyone, but he knew he could. It was there, just under the surface.
"I don't know anymore, Oni... I know it's not your area, but I'm trying to figure out what I want. All I can seem to think is that I don't want to destroy. But how can someone with this Darkness in them ever hope to do anything else?"

OniGirl

Post by OniGirl » Mon May 25, 2020 4:58 pm

"I don't think myself bad, I just speak more by action. And my passion isn't conventional." Granted she also didn't see herself as an angel by any means. There was plenty of broken bones by her hands, blood that had splashed along her knuckles. She wasn't a killer and tried to make sure her fights were training or stopping bad people, not to be some mindless brute or a bully. She was hooked on fighting though and found it hard to see herself as anything to good.

"What you are isn't you. What you do is!" She thought that sounded somehow stupid yet bright. She liked it though, as there was no escaping what Carmen was. Clearly though she wasn't out there conquering the city and raising actual hell. Even if she was a bit of a trouble maker. "I'd say take time to figure out what all you can do with your magic. Know what you can do, then you can sort out how to use it bro!" Which also maybe was oversimplifying things Carmen thought. Doubt was retreat though, and screw that noise!

OniGirl

Post by OniGirl » Mon May 25, 2020 5:47 pm

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (143.12 KiB) Viewed 142 times

Carmen usually announced herself as Oni-Girl! Get the name of the hell raising trouble making good intentioned brawler out there. However Kore seemed a woman with a lot of doubts in trusting a devil who's fists were warheads of nightmarish capacity. So in a show of trust she did what she almost never did and later in the day introduced herself as Carmen, the name of a person and not the fiery force of cataclysmic carnage. The training yesterday had been a lot of fun for the devil, she even thought she aquired some skill with weapons during it.

Near the end of the session Oni had concluded with something simple but would hopefully be rewarding. "Right so actual name is Carmen. My dad and I have a boxing gym if you wana talk or spar more. He'll be out around six pm too tomorrow. Hope to see you!" She would offer a small business card telling where the gym was. Her other hand was open encouraging a punch as hard as one could as a goodbye.

Fast forward to now and Carmen was sitting in the gym. Sipping on water in a mug and flipping through a magazine. There was a interview with a actor who was a martial artist that had her attention. Sadly so far that and movies was about as close as she got to studying such things. She knew she could pick up on such things easy if she had a chance it wasn't conveniently accessible however. Oni might have been a brutally average student at best in school but she had been brilliant in picking up boxing sports and so on.

As relaxed as the messy haired casual dressed devil was her foot was casually lifting the heaviest dumbbell in the gym. Was meant more for body builders yet she used it unconventionally and like a toy. It didn't do much for her anymore, but it was something she'd enjoyed sense she was a kid.

HELLCAT! Was easy to find on the edge of the city of heroes and city of perpetual night. Even if somehow it was missed though in location one could likely tell it apart from the rock music that was loud enough the walls of the gym vibrated! Nobody was in today, and dad wasn't home so while she had the place to herself she played music loud enough one would think she was trying to wake the damned!

Ryoko

Post by Ryoko » Tue May 26, 2020 2:44 am

"Hellcat Boxing Gym"

The neutral expression on her face dropped to a frown as she read the sign.

"Boxing..."

She swung open the double doors at the entrance in the most vibrant fashion that she could and started taking in the scenery. She'd been wearing her usual black getup and, somehow, managed to not break a sweat in the mid-summer heat despite all the clothing she'd been wearing. Goth acclimation is what her step-dad liked to call that special ability.

Kore pulled out her outside voice when she couldn't find her host immediately.

"Carmen, I don't know if you were aware, but I'm not exactly the type to be throwing hands. Especially not with folks like you. Dunno if you missed that little detail, but that's kinda what the various blaaaaaades were for..."

She moved farther into the gym, past the ring, and caught the girl wearing casual clothes, holding an office mug and... well, she felt kind of bad for feeling surprised by the fact that an Oni would take the time to read, let alone know how. She was still getting used to the idea that she wasn't the only... impure blood walking around. And the fact that, at some point, some of the things slipping into her reality might start getting a bit more intelligent.

Kore dropped a backpack with unknown contents on the floor and took a seat next to Carmen. The Oni wanted to talk and the little devil agreed to let her in little by little if she helped her get better on the field. But, first thing's first, there was an elephant in the room that needed to be addressed.

"What in the world were you doing at Milk Punch when you have this place?"
Active Sandbox Characters: Ryoko/ Kore/ Mina

For all other characters, click here

OniGirl

Post by OniGirl » Tue May 26, 2020 8:05 pm

The mug was put down and then Carmen was about to set the magazine down but then the bridge of the song hit. The magazine tossed aside as the devil lost herself to a brief moment of head banging. Horns bucked and that messy pony tail flared to life dancing about like black colored fire. Quickly though the moment came to a close and she straightend out her sweat shirt as she reached for the remote. Dialing down the volume of the metal the demon was so pleasantly playing at a almost migraine inducing volume. Despite looking straight out of hell she was almost disarmingly normal at times. A girl with the place to herself headbanging seemed a hard contrast to the woman who could level a city with a fiendish punch.

"Yeah boxing me is a nightmare! But this is my home, second floor is my dad and I's place. Seemed a natural invite." Carmen didn't think herself a brilliant mind but even she could deduce that Kori likely wasn't going to want to discuss the forces of the damned from which they drew power from, at some regular local. "And I went to Milk Punch for a milkshake, although if being honest they probably got better gear for metahumans." She wasn't fond of admitting that fact, but a retired vigilante and a demon working a part time job helping people move wasn't exactly having them swimming in funds.

"This is home though so it's where I usually train. As yesterday showed though I'm hooked on sparring. I like finding the strength in people! And testing myself! So see a new face I invite it to headbut me, turned out though I met another kinda like me. SO WHO WE TRAINING TO FIGHT?! Uh I mean how can I help or something."

She did her best to keep herself a bit more easy going got the impression the latest friend wasn't one for screaming, heavy metal, fight seeking hellish energy! Clearly though it was hard for the demon to reign that monster in though completely. She tried to be good intentioned, but violence was an unescapable passion for the cataclysmic chaotic chick! She could be wrath and fury used for something better than ruin, try and shape such into a pursuit of growth, but it was still present all the same.

Ryoko

Post by Ryoko » Wed May 27, 2020 4:08 am

Kore pondered that question for a moment. It didn't take a genius to see that Carmen and Kore carried very different vibes. Every five minutes of talking to the woman left the little devil wondering if she should be annoyed or amused by her... acquaintance's boundless energy. She had no intention of spilling the beans regarding what she was, exactly, but she could give the girl more than enough information to get a good idea of what was going on.

"Don't laugh but... I'm still not entirely sure what kind of threat that I'm going to be up against."

A truth. She knew full well that she was going to be fighting her father some day and all the demons that slipped out of his kingdom... but she legitimately had no idea what they'd be capable of or what they'd look like when the more powerful breeds could slip through.

"What I do know is that there's an evil building strength. Monsters slip through into our world every other day, and I've been doing my best to take care of the ones that I run into. They're demons, but they're not civil like you."

Kore looked up at Carmen as guilt began to build in her heart. She groaned as her head tilted back. If there was anyone to talk to, it had to be someone who was just as tainted as she was, right?

"Fine. Like US! They aren't like us. They fucking eat and rape people. I can sense them when they pop up, so I've been going out of my way to deal with them. I might've been a little off about you, but... you can't really blame me for that. Have you really never run into anyone who had a strong reaction to..."

She gestured towards the horns on Carmen's head, the red eyes, and then the... well, okay, abs were fairly normal, but still. She shook her head, then shrugged her shoulders.

"Anyway, the good news is, I'm getting stronger too. Maybe... Maybe not so much literally, as of yet, but... every once in a while, I wake up and find that I have a new power. No joke. I legit woke up one morning and found out I had a fucking pocket dimension. You've seen it, sorta. Like... hang on."

A black orb, much smaller than those she used to blink around, opened just in front of Kore. She reached in, rummaged around a bit, then pulled out a box of Poptarts. They were strawberry, of course, and not one of those overly-sweet, diabetes-generating, vomit-inducing "special" flavors. She was a devil, not a degenerate.

She tipped the open side of the box towards Carmen so she could pull one out if she wanted one.

"Probably not enough... protein in these for you, but you can have one. Anyway, I need to get better at fighting because... I think I'm going to have to fight... basically a god one day. And uh... I can't even beat you in a fight"

Kore forced out a laugh that quickly morphed into a depressed groan. People always told her that laying her problems out onto a table would help her to better deal with them and make her feel better. All this was really accomplishing was reminding her of just how many unknowns there were ahead of her.

"My stepdad has volunteered more than a few times to help me learn to control my powers as they come and become a better fighter, but like... he's a regular dude. A regular dude who has never had a fight in his life. I mean, he's the best dad I could ever have... so I don't want to break him, you know? But you!"

It took Kore a second to realize how that sounded.

"Well, I don't want to break you, either, I'm just... I think it'll be a long while before I could, so you might be much better help, you know?"

OniGirl

Post by OniGirl » Wed May 27, 2020 6:56 am

"GREAT A CHALLENGE! I got ya bro!" Facing the unknown and insurmountable was the ideal thing to be confronting the Oni found. Carmen saw herself as the kind of woman who would challenge a kaiju stomping through the city leveling everything. A fist that made her look insignificant coming at her, and with a single punch she would demolish that arm. When the world saw the untouchable opposition, she liked to think she would look at is maybe a fair fight!

She laughed a little bit at being called civil, wasn't wrong just was also funny to her. The towering brawler looking for at least one fight every day. Kore groaned, if the oni had to guess it was about asking for help. Such was often a hard pill to swallow. Was betterthough in truth to just ask for the aid of Oni-Girl! She'd look to PUNCH the trouble into submission either way. She wasn't all energy and thrills though there was more potent fire there. The kind of things these demons were something that deserved less restraint. She had some responses but Oni opted to wait till she had a moment, instead taking a pop tart and enjoying it.

Strawberries were good and while it wasn't sticking to a strict diet she didn't really need one. The theory went that when a tiny one year old demon tossed a teething toy, it hit a wall with a literal ton of explosive force. That physical ability just grew from there. "Thanks..." It was a bit more drawn out, one could just tell it normally was more punchy! Even in just showing gratitude with a word she had a energy about it.

"Kidding me? Isn't a day I'm not thought as the next warmongering terror in the streets. I'm around helping, and it's a city populated by heroes that's what helps lessen it. Every couple months though there's a priest trying to make a name for himself with an attempted exorcism!" The last one wasn't so pure himself, she put him through a wall.

"THATS AWESOME! So what all can you do? I've just been constantly growing in strength and don't seem to have the weaknesses of others!" Honestly the teleportation and hellish metal was two powers alone the demon would have loved to have herself. Weapons were dope, she wasn't sure if they could make armor but she imagined she could handle such as well. And teleportation was just a remarkable asset to the whole Punching Evil Ocupation! And likely regular life to but that wasn't as significant to her.

Finishing a bite of the pop tart the towering terror of a trouble maker looked to the fellow spawn of hell. "Well I do! BREAK ME! I don't do a lot like I said, way I see it learning martial arts and finding the challenge to test me is ideal. I'd follow you right into hell, cause even if I don't get a thrown maybe it'll be a decent work out." Hell hadn't exactly come to earth yet but one could already see it in Carmen that she meant it. Those ice blue eyes that often flashed crimson when she got fired up, they were near fearlessly willing to gaze into madness and PUNCH IT!

Ryoko

Post by Ryoko » Thu May 28, 2020 5:07 pm

"Well, you won't have to go far cuz I'm pretty sure that the 'hell' is coming here..."

That wasn't exactly something that Kore could avoid, honestly. And, if she stuck around, she'd inevitably end up seeing it for herself.

"Aside from what you've seen, I heal real fast. Probably the only reason why I'm still walking around today. And I can sense... 'sin'. Evil, I guess. You don't have to tell my how subjective that all is, but it works, so I can't complain. It does have a bias for demons though..."

She clapped her hands together and made... probably the shittiest looking sword that Carmen had ever seen. Portions of its edge were sharp, sharper than the swords she had been using, but those segments were immediately followed up by gaping holes and stretches of exceptionally dull edge. Sure, it was about as unbreakable as any of her other weapons, but what did that matter if it couldn't cut as well.

"Every weapon ever made by human hands has some degree of imperfection. And I'm not a robot. I've learned to make a blade as sharp as a scalpel but, if you were to study the edge closely with a strong magnifying glass or a under a microscope, you'd find that even those vary in thickness along the edge. I've been trying to make one of those monomolecular blades but, every time I do, I end up with this jank ass sword that's full of holes, off-balance, and with an edge that's dull in as many places as it is sharp.I don't know about you, but I'd prefer to run into battle with something reliable over this piece of crap."

Kore held the weapon up for Carmen to examine. She may not have had microscopic vision, but she could see the gaping holes on the edge where its maker had turned her power down a little too much in pursuit of the perfect edge and failed to even produce any brinesteel. And those gaps were often followed by portions of edge that were just as thick, if not thicker, than her typical blade. Perhaps there were portions of the blade that were monomolecular, but it wouldn't really matter if they were 'guarded' by blunt edges that kept them from cutting deeply into a target.

"I've pretty much showed you everything that I bring to a fight, believe it or not. Up until I learn a new trick, all I can do is learn how to sharpen my blades and swing harder... Or let someone with a little more meat on their bones put it to use."

She tossed the janky blade over to Carmen. It looks so much more... at home in her hands. Any weapon would, honestly. And, despite how open she had been about her own weakness, Kore still looked a tad bit uncomfortable. She was trying to make sense of the person sitting beside her and failing. It wasn't even about her blood or appearance any more, at this point.

"We've known each other for two days, Carmen. Two days And even that's a bit of an exaggeration. And you literally just told me that you'd 'follow me to hell'. You do not know me. Why are you saying shit like that!?"

Kore had heard her words from before. The love of a fight and all that jazz. But it didn't feel... real. Or... it didn't feel like it was enough. And, if Carmen was being honest, then that just went to show just how flimsy their alliance would be if it was put to the test. The hope of having someone around that she could relate to, even if their overzealous energy was a tad bit grating, wasn't enough of a driving force to make her lose all sense of logic. No matter how much people loved to believe in magic, this world ran on commerce.

She just wanted to get things straight before they moved forward.

"Do you want something? Like, from me? There has to be more than just 'Grrr, I wanna fight'. And I genuinely do not mind if there is.. I think I'd actually prefer it quite a bit. I just want to go ahead and get it straight now before I let myself... Before we have a misconception that causes problems."

Trust.

Trust you. That's what Kore meant to say before she tapered off into vague diplospeak.