Old Warriors [Closed]

Roleplay locations.
Veil Walker

Old Warriors [Closed]

Post by Veil Walker » Fri May 01, 2020 11:15 am

She had asked for people to do the little things. The things that avoided violence. The things that helped people out for more than just a day. So Wolf started in on his task. It began with his acquisition of a series of apartment complexes. He had seen how the people there were treated. For many, this was all they had. One step away from poverty. The landlords knew it, and terrorized the tenants. Rents were hiked, evictions were threatened, and sometimes carried out. Sometimes, they were not, and that meant something darker was agreed upon. Wolf had seen enough of it, and stepped in. He had overpaid, but he knew it was worth it. This city was his home, for better or for worse, and he was tired of it being nothing better than a high class slum. When the tenants of the three buildings he purchased heard there was a new landlord, hope was the last thing on their minds. Each one had been worse than the others. Their minds conceived worse and worse treatments, convinced that their lot in life was somehow about to get a lot worse.

What they were not prepared for, were not expecting, was a short mild mannered man with a pleasant smile and a seemingly endless toolbox. They were unprepared for the bundle of energy that was Jack Phillips, civilian. He had quickly renovated the first two complexes, stripping outdated plumbing and wiring. He put in new floors and refurbished and replaced old drywall. He worked with a cheery smile, and instead of raising the rent to cover the costs, he had lowered them. With determination, he set his sights on the third building. This building was far more rundown, and required a great deal more TLC. Still, if there was one thing Jack enjoyed, it was a challenge.

"Good morning, Mrs. McKinley! How are you and the children getting along?" Jack was clad in loose jeans and a sweatshirt, an Atlanta Braves ballcap pulled over his head, his ponytail tucked out through the hole in the back. He carried a canvas toolbag as he made his way up the front steps. Mrs. McKinley, the building gossip and self designated front stoop watchdog had at first glared at him with suspicion, but today she was all smiles.

"Oh, we're doing fine, Mr. Phillips. Doing just fine. Tell me, when are you going to settle down? Man like you needs a good wife at home." Jack laughed at the question. It was an old fashioned question, and it took him back quite a number of years. He could vividly remember his courtship of Abigail McCluskey, their simple service.

"Well, I shall make you a deal. When I find someone as lovely and charming as you, I shall settle down." Mrs. McKinley blushed, and Jack made good his quick escape. Mrs. McKinley had the unfortunate habit of talking for hours, and Jack had work to do. While his contractors worked upon other areas of the building, Jack set to work on the roof. The last storm had done a number on it, and now a stretched tarp anchored by stones was the only thing keeping the rain out. Jack whistled. It was worse than he thought, and while the tarp was good temporarily, another bad storm would severely damage the area. Jack quickly took some measurements, and made up a list. Informing his crew that he was headed for the local hardware store, Jack walked along the way.

A series of cries from an alley drew Jack's attention, and he sighed. This was supposed to be his day off, as Wolf and Lamb was a bit slow lately. Stalking down the alley, Jack is confronted by three men with various weapons threatening a smaller man he clutched a briefcase to his chest like his life depended on it. The man furthest in the alley had a pipe, the other two had knives, one a switchblade, the other a hunting knife. Drawing in a breath through his nose, he made the switch. Sometimes, Jack was not needed. Sometimes things required an Old Wolf. Wolf stepped in closer, and was about to speak, to warn the men of, but a telltale flash of purple simply made him grin instead. These boys were about to have a very bad day.

Lord of Nothing

Re: Old Warriors [Closed]

Post by Lord of Nothing » Fri May 01, 2020 11:27 pm

The rain had a soothing aspect to it. Enough to set some men to sleep provided they could find some form of shelter from the moisture. Some people went under bridges, gathered up some flammable items and then started a fire. Others gathered in alleyways with overhangings or by buildings. Any place with where they could get shelter.

"Here you go."

The man's eyes flutter open. And the first thing that comes to his mind is something very much out place. In a bridge of a dark, bleak colors of blacks browns and greys with the only bit of light being the kindling flame coming from a trashcan -- he saw purple. Some girl with an basket in one hand. A sandwhich in the other. Leaned over and handing a sandwich to another man. Another to an old woman. He looked down and saw a sandwhich in his lap too. The faint scent of perfume still muddled with the accustomed scent of everyone's combined musk. A scent that the girl had long gotten used to.

The previous sleeping homeless man looked down and saw in front of him a cold cut sandwich. Neatly wrapped.

When she patrolled, it wasn't from the rooftops usually. More often than not, she found that it was better to just walk around the streets. Especially in the rain. It was quite slippery. And much to her dismay, she didn't have one of those high tech grappling hooks which would have ascending easier. Nor did she have one of those memory foam capes that allowed for one to seamlessly glide down to the streets from any height.

Nobody gets mugged on rooftops anyway.

The people of the streets looked at her. Some homeless boomer brigadiers glancing over in her direction, casually toting around AK47s lowered so as to not catch barrels in the rain. Who then promptly went back to talking among themselves. A few other homeless people hanging around bus stops in prime position for sandwich hand-outs. A few thank yous here and there. Soon she picked up something as a matter of fact. Taking in the tiniest bits of information and piecing together a cry for help.

Wet footsteps indicated the girl's approach. Blaring purple made her stick out in the dark. From the other end of the alleyway, the men glanced at the one who approached them. They each pulled out a set of knives and were greeted with a tiny teenage girl toting around a basket in one hand and a hand on a hip in the other.

"I don't suppose I could give any of you a sandwich and then you all could walk away?" She asked. And the men looked at her. Hesitant for a moment for a moment. Whenever someone encountered a cape or random person who intervened, there was no real telling what sort of strange and exotic superpowers they might have. Yet, in this city there were many people who just threw on costumes and gotten the shit beaten out of them anyway.

Two of them lunged her -- the narrow alleyway forcing them to come one at a time. The violet vixen dropped her basket and BANG a gunshot. In her hand where there was once a basket there was now a gun of unknown make. However it hit not with bullets but with a potent payload of teargas which splashed the gas all over his face. And as he gets closer she spins the pistol in her hand and slams the metallic object into his crotch, dodging him as he slides to the ground.

One falls to the floor as the other rushes her. And before his very eyes she disappears. CRACK! The breaking of bone as a baton smashes into the man with the force of her swing and his charge. The man's knees buckle as Sacha spins around him with the grace of running back. Baton in one hand. Gun in the other. Aimed at the man toting around the pipe. Who seemed to be quivering in place at the little girl who clearly had something he did not.

"You seem smart! Make the right choice."

And with that, the man backed away slowly and sought to run. Going well past wolf in a hurry. Off into the distance. All the while the others limp away. One with a damn near broken femur. The other with pepper spray in his eyes and pain in his nuts that was going to last a few days.

Weapons were put away with a whir of motion. Her hands now empty as she moved to the man being mugged, examining him with care. "Are you okay?" She asks the man as she looked him over. If he was down she would take his hand and help him up.

"And you." She said, not looking at him as she examined the man for any wounds or any sign of shock. "Aren't you supposed to be having a day off. And why are you so wet."

FLOOP. From her utility belt she draws and umbrella. And throws it up. It spins and then glides over to him. In perfect position for him to grasp.

"Nobody likes the smell of wet dog. Yuck!" She says, still not looking at Jack. But a smile on her face as she looked at the man. Something in her cheery demeanor to perhaps make him feel better. Even if he was wounded.
Sandbox

Lethe, The Once Reaper
Voracious, The Vampire Vagabond
Vas, The Shadow Man
Amaranth, The Ultimate Life-Form
Jackal, The Devil's Dog

Concepts

Varcolac, The Cursed Cartel
Nosferatu, The Damned Descendants of the Darkblood

List of all characters across every sub-forum: Here!

Veil Walker

Post by Veil Walker » Sat May 02, 2020 1:18 am

Wolf's grin only increased as the girl entered the fray. As quickly as it began, the fight was over, and Wolf happily reverted to Jack. Another man might have blustered. Salvaged imagined pride Might have spoken of having the situation in hand. Jack felt no need to do any of those things. It was not unmanly to allow another to fight in your stead. He had seen the enjoyment upon Sacha's face, and he hardly felt the need to get in the way of that. Jack felt no wounding of pride, or need to bluster. His only real feeling was relief that he had not had to endanger his Atlanta Braves hat. The man with the briefcase took the offered hand, scrambling to his feet.

"Th-Thanks. I- I should go!" The man rushed away before he could be examined, clinging to his briefcase for dear life as he pounded away through the downpour. Jack nimbly caught the umbrella, flicking it open casually. He was glad for it. The rain might have damaged his hat. Jack laughed at the joke. She could not know that that particular joke had been old long before she was born. He stepped forward, ignoring the small wafts of tear gas. Tear gas had not been designed to combat someone who had waded into the hellscape of mustard gas, after all. He gave a small bow at the waist.

"Lethe. Always a pleasure to see you. I apologize for being a bit moist. I was working on repairing a roof. May I buy you a meal? There is a charming diner not far from here, and they make excellent burgers. As I recall, my son Tobias always enjoyed those." Jack's face turned grave for a moment. He remembered his son's pale face. The coughs that racked his body. The sorrow no parent should ever have to feel. Until then, he had not known they could make a coffin so small. But there it was, holding what remained of his son. His little Toby. He shook his head slightly. Now was not the time for nostalgia.

"It would, of course, be my treat. After all, it is not every day one is saved by the Great Lethe." He made no sound of mockery, only genuine respect. Since the meeting, he had done some reading on her, and had been impressed. Unlike most, he understood growing up to quickly. The obligation of responsibility falling upon shoulders that seemed far too small to carry it. The young doing what they must to keep their world afloat. He did not view her with pity, only acceptance.

Lord of Nothing

Post by Lord of Nothing » Sun May 03, 2020 8:59 am

"Okay! Buh bye!" Sacha eagerly waved to the man as he went on his way. Thankfully he was alright as far as he could tell. Perhaps a little bit wet -- but it was much more preferable to being shaken down or worse. That was something worth smiling about.

Her cowl may have lacked many of the high tech features some wealthier superheroes and vigilantes had. But it did at least have a hoodie. She flipped it up. And the rain simply slipped off her outfit. And then she turned to wolf a smile on her face. A bright eyes looking upon him. So bright that they might have concealed their precocious and curious nature to some.

"Ah don't worry about it! I'm just pulling your leg. You look like you've been working hard." She waved her hand dismissively. Lethe looked at him, seemingly silently contemplating not only his offer but what he said. "Not much for secret identities are you?" She said rhetorically. "Sure. It sounds good. It's that way, right?" The girl moved closer to him. Perhaps hopefully underneath the umbrella the taller and larger man wielded.

The girl seemed to not even need to ask about where he was. And it did not occur to her to ask how it was he died. "I'm sure you're son would want to see you happier. Sometimes I like to think they watch. And well, they aren't here. Suffering anymore. Their journey is over. And he's a better place. My brother passed away some time ago. I think he's watching me right." It was what she had liked to think. A much

"If he were hear, I'm pretty sure he would say "shets’q’vit’e sevda". Or something." She took her hand and placed it on his coat. "And I'm sure your son would also want to see you be happy. So come on!" A tug on his sleeve as she urged him along.

"Let's go have a burger. And we can talk about whatever. Hopefully I'm as great you think!"
Sandbox

Lethe, The Once Reaper
Vas, The Shadow Man
Jackal, The Devil's Dog

Concepts

Veil Walker

Post by Veil Walker » Mon May 04, 2020 6:17 am

Jack gave her a rueful grin.
"I have had so many aliases I barely remember my real name. Besides, the one everyone ends up calling me is the very one I despise. So Jack is fine." Jack nodded.
"It is just up the road a ways. I go there when I am feeling down." Jack nodded as she spoke. It was a common refrain, and he had heard it at the funeral. It was not something he could believe anymore, but he would never get in the way of the views of another person. .

"You are probably right. I am sorry about your brother. I am sure he does his best to watch over you. After all, you are still here, despite your predilection for costumed antics." Jack raised his brows at her use of an old Russian phrase. The last person who had said that to him was his mother, nearly one hundred years ago.

"My son never learned Russian. His mother would not permit me to teach him. If I had been able to, I would have taught him better than that. Your accent is atrocious." Jack ignored the wave of agony that went through him as she tugged his sleeve. It was only his prodigious tolerance for pain that kept any sign of it from his face or his voice. Jack led her into a somewhat dingy area of town. Most of the buildings on the street were filthy and rundown, but one place stood out. It was immaculately clean, an old fifties sockhop restaurant with a gleaming 1956 Buick Roadmaster in bright pink perched out front. As they walked in, The Carpenters "Top of the World" was piping gently from an old jukebox in the corner. A large woman with pink streaks in her blonde hair looked up as they entered, and beamed when she caught sight of Jack. She was slightly less enthused when she caught sight of the violet vigilante.

"Mr. Phillips! Lovely to see you. And you brought a friend. I don't want any trouble here, Missy."

"Rosie, how are you? Do not be alarmed. This is Lethe. She saved me from some dreadful gentlemen in an alley. I thought the least I could do is buy her a meal." Rosie looked at the duo appraisingly. She had seen Jack fight. He had vouched for her, though, so she was all right in Rosie's mind. Rosie fixed the girl with her best smile.

"Well, if that's the case, you have my thanks. Jack is my absolute favorite customer. Your usual booth, Jack?" Jack nodded, and followed her as she glided her way to the rear booth. Jack settled easily into the booth, waving his companion to sit. Rosie handed them two menus.

"What can I get you to drink, my loves?"

"Chocolate malt, of course." Jack did not even look at his menu. He knew exactly what he was going to order. Instead, he focused his attention on his companion. "What have you been up to since our last team meeting, Pup?"

Lord of Nothing

Post by Lord of Nothing » Tue May 05, 2020 1:52 am

"That's because it's not Russian. It's Georgian." She stuck out her tongue at him to tease him.

The girl walked down the street -- gathering attention as she did. A vigilante clad in all purple walking around in public. And yet she had little to fear. With time her reputation as someone who could react to bullets and detect danger had grown. People who tailed her were always followed. Always intercepted. Always noticed. From drive-by shootings to sniping her with an RPG, most things failed until they saw the futility of attacking her with anything less than a hardened special forces veteran, metahuman or someone truly special.

"I think life is just a journey. You learn some things from it. And then your time is up. Some people aren't as fortunate but I think it's the suffering that makes the good mean anything at all. If it were easy to be good, then everyone would be good." Oddly enough, she smiled upon his apology about her brother. She wondered what he would think of her now? Of what she has become. It wasn't ideal. But it was good.

Right?

The girl almost opened her mouth to correct him on the fact that she hadn't always worn a costume. But in all reality she always did. "I've always worn a costume. But wasn't always a vigilante." Way she figured it given her past, he would understand what it was she meant by that.

As she entered the building, Sacha's smile became more subtle and more neutral. The diner was a more peaceful place than the street. And she was visibly armed. Attention came onto her unlike any other and the confidence she had before was tempered with a healthy doubt. Her eyes looked around skeptically, wondering if people would get hurt if she was attacked here. If she would be able to eat peacefully. There wasn't much doubt in her ability to handle most of what the city throws at her. Most things she couldn't beat, she could run from. But the question was of if everyone else would be alright was another all together.

As the large lady appeared, the girl smiled encouragingly at her. A bit of sureness. Her hands clasped meekly in front of her as Wolf introduced herself. "Hi." A wave of her gloved hand. She didn't say much else -- allowing the two who knew each other well to have their moment.

The girl sat down Adjusting her utility belt and weaponry. She undid the straps and took the whole thing off. Guns rest within holsters underneath her arms, still ready to be drawn. But she felt comfortable keeping them on. Lethe only rested her hands on the table. The basket containing the sandwiches was placed underneath the table. Everything wrapped up in nice ziplock bags.

Sacha looked at the menu. And it almost terrified her to eat such fatty things more than she'd like to admit. As did the thought of patrolling and then having something happen on a full stomach. But tonight had been slow. Quiet. Enough for her to hand out sandwiches.

The lady came up. "Just some lemonade. Thanks." At least that had some vitamin C in it. As well as a lot of sugar that she liked more than she wanted to admit.

"Oh it's fine. Just handing out sandwiches really. Busting heads wherever I see them. No shortage of crime in Duskburg. Even with our new "police force". But I expected it to be worse, all things considered." The girl leaned on her arms.

"Sometimes I wonder how much of a difference it makes. Sometimes I feel like I wanna do something bigger, you know? But I don't know what'll make a bigger splash. Making things better seems like it'll take a while."
Sandbox

Lethe, The Once Reaper
Vas, The Shadow Man
Jackal, The Devil's Dog

Concepts

Veil Walker

Post by Veil Walker » Tue May 05, 2020 8:49 am

'And then your time is up.' Jack shook his head at the thought.
"How long, then, do you suppose we should get? I have always felt there is a disparity to what people receive versus what they deserve. I have seen the very worst live on when they did not deserve to, and the very best pass far too soon." Jack was glad to have the company, and glad to see she had taken his apology well. He understood how difficult it was to accept the passing of another, even now. Jack laughed as she spoke of wearing costumes, and being a vigilante.

"So, what outfit do you think I should wear? I highly doubt I could pull off the skintight purple half as well as you." Jack saw her discomfort at entering the diner, and smiled reassuringly.

"This is one of the safest places in the city. Remember your craft. An expensive vehicle left untouched out front. A clean, friendly place in the midst of this neighborhood. You are safe here. I have personally seen what comes of attacking this place. It would take an army some time to breach it, and Rosie there is full of surprises. There is a reason I come here for a quiet meal. It is one of the few places I can relax in this city." Rosie wandered away with their drink orders, leaving Sacha to contend with the chaos of the menu if she chose to eat. You could get most anything at Rosie's, from burgers to chef salads. Lasagna to chicken cordon bleu. It was an eclectic menu from an eclectic host.

"Sandwiches, eh? I suppose that is one way. I am sure they could put those somewhere to keep cold. As for busting heads, I had meant to ask you about that. I mean no offense, but much of your current equipment is sadly outdated. I would be happy to outfit you if you so choose. No charge for teammates." Jack's eyes turned tired as she spoke of the big picture.

"I was a part of the big picture for a long time. It is rarely as meaningful as you may like, and I always felt I could do more. Tell me, if you had unlimited resources, where would you start? You know this place far better than I do."

Lord of Nothing

Post by Lord of Nothing » Thu May 07, 2020 4:31 pm

A safe place huh?

That was what Sacha had liked to think. That there were safe places in Duskburg. Particularly in wealthier parts of the city. At least there was an area that was doing alright. A little bit of guard was let down. About as much as she was capable of doing. In her mind there was always some sniper somewhere hired by some no-named drugged cartel pissed at her for robbing them. And god knows how chaotic Duskburg could be. But at least this area seemed to be some type of neutral ground.

With a sigh, Lethe relaxed a little bit. But the trained eye could detect that she was ready to blow a sniper's off midflight. Or put a hole in a vampire's heart. Or something!

Though to do that she probably needs some better gear, considering some of the stuff that lurks around this place. To say nothing of the world in general. Lethe shrugs at the comment of her weaponry. Outdated was an alright term for it. All of her guns were well maintained and cleanly. A gun was her sword -- kept constantly clean to prevent jamming and kept away from the dirt and grime which would otherwise harm it. But the equipment was far from the bleeding edge of military equipment the likes of Assurance had. Indeed there were very few people.

Maybe I'm being a bit too conventional.

All the weapons she had were normal. With the exception of the Assurance Shrew Assault Rifle which she had no ammo for. To have access to something a little better would be nice. Though it would be hard to choose which ones.

"Maybe. I used to work for this guy who was a leader of a mercenary group. A kid like me. I left him....Them though. So some new guns would be really nice" Her fingers tap the table thoughtfully as she looked at Wolf. Or more accurately Jack as he liked to be called.

"Well. It depends!" Her eyes scan his features. "You wear what is best for you. I have a silly outfit. But in the middle of a fight, I wanna be the target people are focusing on. I wanna be distracting usually. If I wanna be stealthy, I have this." She wraps her cape and cowl combo around her to sheath her body in black before moving it aside and allowing for purple to show again.

"And I don't want a mask or helmet because it impedes my peripheral vision! My senses. And I don't usually have to deal with like -- explosions or something like that where a helmet would be neat. And I've always been good at being in the right place for bullets. That's just an example. If you want to run around with a helmet to protect your head." She shrugs, leaning back with a smile. Noticing how giddy she sounds talking about it.

"If you wanna wear some armor and throw some paint on it, that's you. If you don't wanna well...conceal your identity, that's you also!"

It seemed a more exciting topic to her than thinking of how to make a difference in the city. Something much harder.

"I would build an actual trained police force that can enforce actual laws. SWAT Teams. Pay for good investigations on our current police force. And then I would build schools. So people have other options of what to do besides just resorting to crime." The girl blinked. Realizing what she'd said. Sacha had never even been to school. Or at least, not a normal school. It was probably best something she didn't talk about.

The girl looks outside seeing a couple of police cars driving by. But she still remembers the jeeps filled with homeless men toting around AK47s that roved the lower level neighborhoods. And armored men who guarded some other places.
Sandbox

Lethe, The Once Reaper
Vas, The Shadow Man
Jackal, The Devil's Dog

Concepts

Veil Walker

Post by Veil Walker » Fri May 08, 2020 4:50 am

Jack grinned as she relaxed some what, but still remained highly alert. He understood that state all too well. He had spent much of his life nearly constantly in danger from one source or another. While he appeared completely relaxed, he had been too well trained not to move at a moment's notice. His eyes gave occasional flicks in various directions, and it was a clear indicator of how he thought that he had taken up the very back booth. It put a wall at his back, and allowed him to view the entrances and exits, as well as partially obscuring him from the outside. Old habits, and ones that had saved his life on more than one occasion.

"Of course. You should come by my office sometime. We have a shooting range in the basement. I am certain we can find something to suit you. As for outfits, I prefer simplicity. Nothing that restricts my movements or vision. Certainly I learned how to fight very well in a tuxedo, but it is certainly not the outfit I would choose to enter combat with." He laughed at the idea of concealing his identity. He had done so for decades, and would continue to do so. He simply did it in a different way. 'Jack Phillips' could disappear at the drop of a hat. The old man had gotten very good at keeping his assets easily accessible, even in the event he needed to run.

"Again you mention a secret identity. I have no need to hide my face under a mask. There are few records remaining of my old life, and even fewer photos. I have no familial connections, and very little in the way of good friends. Besides, I spent far too long letting people convince me to hide who I was, and what I could do. Certainly longer than they had any right to." His voice took on a hard edge for a moment, the Wolf slipping into his predatory expression before softening back to his original calm demeanor. Rosie arrived with their drinks, setting the lemonade in front of Lethe carefully, before handing Jack his malt. A small tinkle announced the arrival of a group of beleaguered looking women shuffled in, finding a table in one of the corners. They instinctively huddled together as they quietly talked about their day.

"Can I get you two anything else?"
"Yes, Rosie. Let me get a double bacon jalapeno cheeseburger, with a side of your sriracha and cheese fries. Oh, and a round of coffee for the newcomers, please. They look cold." Rosie gave Jack a grateful look, and added a note to her pad, something she had not notably done the whole time Jack and Lethe had been in there.
"Sure, Mr. Phillips. Anything for you, Hon?" Rosie turned to Lethe with a surprisingly warm smile. After taking her order, Rosie bustled off.

"Thankfully, the other reason I have no need for a secret identity is a simple one. I am mostly retired. I rarely get involved in the nitty gritty of picking fights with criminals. I do what good I can here and there, but I must admit to enjoying the feeling of returning home and having the only aches I feel be the result of building something, rather than attempting to tear it down." Jack listened to her as she spoke of law enforcement and of cracking down. He could not help but shake his head at the girl, though he found the idea of a school to be a good one.

"Who would you trust in this brave new force of yours? While I have been here a short while, there are very few people I would trust with that kind of authority, not to mention that level of ordinance. There is enough corruption and tyranny around here without adding to the arsenal of the government here. I do find your idea of a school intriguing. I had not thought of that. My first step that admittedly is taking a bit longer to come to fruition than I had hoped is to provide decent affordable housing and provide employment for individuals, to your point of offering another option. I do wonder what hoops I would have to jump through in order to build some schools here. Now that you bring it up, building two schools seems a good place to start. The first for primary education, and the second for trade school. After all, college is so expensive these days, and few people here have the options to enroll, much less the funds to keep them enrolled in such places of learning."

Lord of Nothing

Post by Lord of Nothing » Sat May 09, 2020 2:05 am

The girl does listen to his qualms about a secret identity. Though she can't help but wonder about just how anchored he is too the world despite all he says. How anchored he is to the woman of this cafe or to the people's roof he fixed. To anyone who he associated with. A part of her wondered if the lone wolf was a solitary as he actually seemed.

"Thank you!" Sacha says as the woman, her mood brightening a bit from the woman's reactions. "I would like one grilled avacodo BLT please." She said promptly, assured and politely. With a tint of a bit too much bubbliness maybe. It was difficult for Sacha to lie. In her natural state, her every facial expression and every movement indicated what she was thinking.

She shrugs.

"There isn't a single peaceful place on earth with a lot of people that has some kind of police. Everywhere I've been has people who for one reason or another just kind of fail to enforce the law. I've even been to places where people like militias and local gangs enforce the law. So someone has to do it. School isn't gonna be very useful if people think being in a gang is better or people get robbed and attacked on the way there by other kids. I didn't grow up here at all and I didn't always wear tights. But I've been in places like this. Some worse, even." The girl knew that the troubled spots in the world would need to be investigated. But it was more than a corrupt government. Sometimes the culture of the people had to change too. And it wasn't just money but how to use it. She gives it thought, wondering who exactly would be the type. In all reality she would be content with someone trustworthy from not Duskburg head up the entire program, and be advised by someone who was there.

"Oh! I think Kate would be good at that. She doesn't really want to be a superhero! And she can be tough. But also understanding given time...." And abrasive. Judgmental to some types of people. As well as a bit insecure, biased and damaged. Bleak. "....And determined."

Kate was a work in progress. But it was founded in something. It was a lot of hatred all bottled up and that didn't have anywhere to go but out to something. But she had come such a long way. She was so much better. Sacha even liked to think that she was good. Even now she worked well as a de-facto leader. And who knew what the future held? People didn't need to be perfect moral saints. They just needed to try to be good. Really, actually try. And to improve.

Do you best Kate.

"I'm sure there are some schools around. Probably can improve those too. Improve things in general. But it takes more than that. We also have to change the culture. And...inspire hope as weird as that sounds. People don't do anything without hope. Otherwise what's there to strive to to strive to."
Sandbox

Lethe, The Once Reaper
Vas, The Shadow Man
Jackal, The Devil's Dog

Concepts