Legion

Re: Menace of the Monomolecular Machiavelli! [100% OPEN]

Post by Legion » Thu May 21, 2020 3:36 am

Time: [REDACTED]
Asset: Legion
Mission: Saving the world
again, I guess

"Someone say disrupting the systems?"

He obviously hadn't always been there, but he might as well have been. There was no flurry of wings, no shift in existence. He liked to think he was really getting the hang of his new state of existence. Honestly, though, he just had a lot of practice in the last few months since the Contaminant blended him up and spat him out. He still got goosebumps thinking about that. Thank goodness for the signature trench coat.

Bringing his mind back to the present along with his body, he took a long sip of a cup that had also not been in his hands a second ago - what looked like an Eldritch thing's puke, and probably smelled like it, too. To Bay, though, it was close enough to coffee for him not to complain. Behind his red-lensed sunglasses, his toxic green eyes narrowed at the base.

"I'd ask how you've been, but I'll save that until after we've saved the planet. I can get in, but I need to save my energy if I'm going to try to stop it. Like Greta and I explained - or tried to, anyway - I'm still basically human, so even if I can stop it or alter the form of the ray at all, I'm going to be pretty much useless for anything else."

They'd decided, together, that explanations about the Foundation's involvement could wait until after Dark Helmet's scheme was ended. He was kind of surprised about the Oklahoma thing, honestly, but it was six or one half dozen to him and Greta. Distance wasn't an issue. Concentration, though, was. He studied the base for a while, feeling the people inside, then turned his head for the first time toward Elektra.

"I see Maximum Man's already in there, and you're here. Should we be expecting official reinforcements, or is it just us and whoever else shows?"

James Novak

Post by James Novak » Thu May 21, 2020 7:23 pm

Will Baron Proton be able to stop evil Molecularr's plan? Or will the villain shrink the whole Earth in his image?!

“Officer Pygamilion. James Novak. The pleasure’s all yours. ”

He flew over Elektra and Richards, waving at both of them as he did. Quiver might be the only one to see him wave because of her eagle eyed vision. The common sense compass pointed Novak to the Maximum Man sized hole he had left in his wake.

Novak noticed the staff leave and figured it was standard procedure considering the Future Hero's presence. The man was essentially a quipping nuclear deterrent with a smile across its face. He would have to eventually offer him a job, which actually reminded him.

“Computer. Record voice message to Sam.”

//Recording//

“Oh, by the way. I wanted the “Woodrogue” guy on payroll yesterday. Find out who he is and give him a contract. Computer. Send.”

//Voice Message Sent//

Novak flew through the doors of the fort. There was no visible security, meaning that there had to be more little cameras around than the entire British CCTV network. He landed and did a quick somersault when he hit the ground. Instead of getting up in a stylish jump, Novak detached the two destructo discs™ from his feet and held them in his hand.

The base was a brutalist piece of art. The grey concrete walls were the first thing you would notice. They looked like they could withstand an apocalyptic event. Brutalism was the preferred architectural design of bureaucrats, which made him wonder who the hell this guy was before this. They had a monochrome pattern to them, matching the guy’s own minimalist costume design.

Points for consistency, he thought.

He caught Molecularr's last part about Maximum Man being the first one there. It confirmed his theory about the cameras, which lead Novak to flip off the walls and ceiling in a single motion. Then he followed the trail that Maximum Man left behind.

“Maximum Man. This is Baron Proton. I’m approaching your six.”

Novak jogged over to him, discs in hand.

“So, what's your plan, big man?”

MAXIMUM MAN

Post by MAXIMUM MAN » Mon May 25, 2020 11:41 pm

The heroes fist blew through the front of the base sending debris scattering across the inside as he slid against the ground. As he did, every other door within the building swung open in a way that almost beckoned him to come deeper. To move further into the place while various goons and scientists attempted to flee. Any of the ones that got too close to him were struck with non-lethal KO blows. Everyone in the building was guilty of assisting Molecularr which made them an enemy of Justice.

"Should be in soon, going to use this time while I can to try and disrupt the systems."

"Copy that Elektra, moving to destroy the device."

Novak was the next to arrive on scene, moving in with his weapons at the ready.

"Elektra is moving to disable the bases ability to move. This villain seems tech savy meaning, stopping his weapon from deploying on the software side could pose some problems. I think you should hold him off while I attempt to take care of his shrink ray the old fashioned way. I'll go first to deal with any potential traps, just stick behind me." He cracked his knuckles, patted Novak on the shoulder, and charged forward through the open doors. He arrived in the open room where the first broadcast had been filmed.

"So, the Maximum Meddler has come to stand against humanity?"

"The only thing I stand against is villainy. I'll give you one shot to shut this whole thing down and come with us, otherwise we'll have to use force to take you in."

He took a defensive stance, allowing the villain to consider the offer he was given but, only for a moment. If it seemed like he was stalling for time or he attempted to attack them MAXIMUM MAN would let Novak handle him while he charged towards the weapon.

Molecularr

Post by Molecularr » Fri May 29, 2020 8:04 pm

The enormous treads of the mobile fortress ground to an expensive halt as an array of enormous rods lodged themselves in their gears. Quiver had made short work of the mobility gears, and the entire facility shuddered. First it listed to the side before stopping altogether, dust and sand thrown up as the gargantuan device stopped its motion.

On the inside, the floor and ceiling shook briefly, and then was still.

Molecularr turned his head slightly to gaze at Maximum Man and Baron Proton. His lips curled, the mask over his face impassive.

"You may have disabled the MolecuLair, but you can never hope to defeat me in battle, Maximum Man. My power has no weaknesses. Observe!"

In a flash, he'd be gone, vanishing into a single point, as though sucked inwards. In a glint of light, he reappeared across the room, arms crossed over his chest.

Then the sequence repeated. In an instant, he seemed to be able to be anywhere within the spacious arena that surrounded the miniaturization engine and the complementary Earth-housing jar. Like teleporting from place to place, he flashed in and out of sight.

All that could be discerned was the tiniest glowing speck moving from place to place, faster than one might even perceive.

"You stand no chance against my ability. Don't even try to fight me, Maximum Man, or you'll suffer the same fate as that filing cabinet!"

He pointed to a gray filing cabinet in a corner of the room. For a second, nothing happened.

Then the cabinet combusted, going up in flame and smoke, flying apart dramatically. A miniature explosion that completely obliterated the outdated filing device. Shards of metal and burnt paper were all that remained, as even the smoke dissipated into nothing.

Azra
Bronze

Post by Azra » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:22 am

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (23.21 KiB) Viewed 131 times
There was a brief nod as the officer saw the other SOS member go by, she was a bit surprised there was a hint of profesionalism though. With Novak she expected bad nicknames or some comment about marketing or lack there of. Maybe a line how she should have a action figure or a special edition nerf bow out there. Elektra was more surprised to find the company beside her though, this didn't seem like ACF territory by any means. She smiled though soon after maybe she shouldn't be so surprised. This was what the third or fourth time they'd come across eachother, almost might be enough for a girl to get suspicious or a living statue to worry about being put in a box. "You know Teja made a device called Prodigy, way to call for back up mind taking one?" It was for more than that, general communication and transportation and so on. That was the abridged version though and it came to the marksman's mind fairly quickly.

"Anyway besides those inside think it's just us. Anything you can do to take out the tech would be appreciated. Best I got is going in and shooting what looks important." She responded quickly giving relevant information before sprinting toward the industrial platform. The previous trio of arrows had while of conventional size had the weight velocity and raw energy behind them to bombard the treads of the base with tremendous force. A mix of components scattered to the ground and a safe bet in saying the building wasn't going anywhere. Before entering the archer aimed for a tower like structure reaching upwards.

In all likelihood its mix of boxes and dishes meant at best it was a communications or navigation system, at worst she'd be killing the cable but it at least had function. Something more visible to dismantle though for her to take aim at. It was to much of a grey box to identify anything of substance the mechanics lost to castle walls of concrete slabs. She'd leave the breaking things part of the job for the inventor inside or the reality warping anomaly of a friend. With that final shot taken to mess with things on the outside and a mental note of the current one fifteenth of her ammo expunged she moved to get inside.

With crew escaping and doors open it shouldn't be deficult by any means for the pair to enter the base and look for somewhere to go. El decided though to let Bay pick a direction she'd simply be the support to keep things off of him if need be. It wasn't a particularly glorious job but she found that an important component of the work. Nobody was the tool for every job especially not a simple cop with a bow and rock hard biceps, it was okay for her to just be the earthquake that caused the flap of a butterfly's wings. Although her afterthought was that she got that saying wrong.

Woodrugh

Post by Woodrugh » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:02 pm

Washing machine cycles drummed on in the background. It has been several minutes now since Rob tipped off the Society...or do they say 'called SOS'? Either way, knowing them the situation was most likely contained and secured by now.

Woodrugh's own work for today was already completed which left him with ample time to go over Molecularr's initial broadcast. The plan, while unsound along multiple degrees of articulation, had intrinsic merit and so he could not just cross out the scientist in Molecularr's mad scientist. However the Molecular Machiavelli may have reached this critical point, the man's brilliance shone on. At the very least to people who could appreciate the genius of this pivot.

The footage that recorded the machine was extremely vague from an engineering stand-point. At this level of technical expression, everyone had their own design language that needed to be studied and decoded. That's why there aren't people just flying around in Terminus warsuits or why disabling such machines was such an ordeal. Woodrugh wasn't entirely barred by the language barrier.

"Thank the Lord for 1080p."

With a dexterity honed by years of editing and shitposting on Reddit, Woodrugh copied several key frames and pasted them into PhotoShop to then reduce noise and artificially boost resolution. From that point he could atleast 'read' the larger, more commercial components and gain some understanding of how this machine worked.

He knew what it did. Now he just needed to find out how. Induction bit by bit. Did this machine harness Atlas Particles? Those would be very problematic to acquire. Maybe it utilized a different catalyst entirely. Something novel and exciting. He had only rough estimates coursing through his mind.

At this point Robbie caught himself sitting uncomfortably close to his monitor. His gamer eyes were left uncomfortably dry.
"It's pronounced Woodrue."

MAXIMUM MAN

Post by MAXIMUM MAN » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:16 am

Molecularr was fast and his ability seemed to cause spontaneous detonation at the drop of a hat. That did raise a question in the mind of the MAXIMUM MAN though, if he could detonate anything why not detonate the two heroes in the room with him. There had to be some sort of catch all involved with the ability, some type of range restriction maybe. That or perhaps it was connected to his incredibly fast teleportation.Either way he had given Novak a plan and that plan was what they were going to stick too.

"Don't worry Molecularr, I didn't plan on fighting you!"

He darted towards the massive cannon, using his fists to tear through any obstacle that got in his way. Walls, glass, any type of physical barrier he could break down with his bare hands would be rended through in the flex of an arm.

His goal was to get to the massive shrink ray and to discover its weak points. Hopefully Baron Proton would be able to hold off the villain till he was done with the weapon.

Legion

Post by Legion » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:21 pm

Time: [REDACTED]
Asset: Legion
Mission: Saving the world
again, I guess

Bay's expression turned incredibly sour as Novak flew over, but he returned the wave in a small motion anyway. Not that he'd actually seen it, or him, but he'd been more than aware that there was a new player on the field the second he arrived. As much as he appreciated the appearance of someone else, he still had a touch of Queenie's lingering resentment toward the man about the incident with Leviathan last year. It was little less than a relief to see him inside, out of Bay's way.

With Novak inside, he turned his attention back to Elektra, and indicated he'd heard with a firm nod of the head. He watched the people inside through the walls - watched Molecularr shrink himself at will, for example, and Maximum Man cross the building to get to the shrink-ray. When he replied, his tone wasn't a command, it wasn't at all condescending. He sounded perfectly reasonable. "Don't cover me. Just help keep Shrinky-Dink occupied. We can take care of ourselves."

Before she could object, he burst into butterflies, and vanished. They reformed inside as Greta, having found the precise location of the cannon itself and crouching slightly behind it. Her white lab coat might give the wrong impression, so instead, she was wearing Bay's coat refitted into a ladies' petite. MAXIMUM MAN was already here, and she whispered around the cannon to him, hoping to get his attention without drawing anyone else's.

"Hey there, big guy," she said, trying to watch most of the building at the same time and mostly just succeeding in seeming very distracted. "I've got in here covered.If you and the others keep Molecularr busy for about five minutes I'll get this dismantled in five minutes or less, guaranteed or your money back."

A little bit of Bay bled through at the end, but considering MAXIMUM MAN had never met the entity known as Legion, he probably wouldn't recognize it. Should he do as Greta had asked, she'd begin to focus on the shrink-ray-ness of the shrink ray, the essence of what made it...it. Sure, she could utterly destroy it, or simply cause it to not exist at all, but she'd prefer to go about this more...small-scale. Namely, by pinpointing the screws and bolts holding the darn thing together and causing them to have always been ever so slightly too loose, ready to collapse at the slightest interference...or attempt to turn the machine against anyone.

James Novak

Post by James Novak » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:39 pm

“Sam. You there?” Novak whispered while Molecularr talked.

“Mhm?”

“How long until the cleaners get here?”

“About ten.”

“Tell them to be here in five. This is going to be a short one.”

Just as he said that, the cabinet combusted.

“Fucking Christ.” Novak covered his face with his cape. Did he send a miniature bomb to that cabinet? Maybe there was a tiny compartment in his finger that released it.

He also wasn’t sure how he was able to move so fast when he turned tiny. The suit probably had a tiny jetpack that allowed him to travel from one point to another. Maybe he had a jet around that allowed him to move so quickly.

“Comp. Keep a lock on him.” His lenses adjusted, targeting the Fun-Sized Tortellini’s face and chest with red markers. They would be able to at least help him keep track of his approximate location.

Novak thought about the Brave Little Tailor. How the giant in that short appeared to move slowly to the villagers. That would mean that he would have to be ready for when Molecularr got tiny.

Until then, Novak would treat him like a regular villain.

“Surrender while you can, Molecularr! I’ll make sure you get a fair trial.” He jumped in the air and did three quick spins, then on the third spin he threw one of his discs at Molecularr. The disc was aimed towards his left thigh, hoping to slice it clean off like it was a piece of pastrami.

After the toss, he would land perfectly on his feet. Novak would move to raise the other disc in case Molecularr decided to make him combust too.

Molecularr

Post by Molecularr » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:59 pm

"Fools. All of your systems are too big to ever ensure fairness. How can something so vast ever competently uphold justice? It always falls to individuals like you and I to take action. People on the small scale."

So Maximum Man threatened his cannon? He would pay with his life. The combustive touch of the Monomolecular Man would put an end to his allegedly heroic aspirations.

Of course, Molecularr couldn't detonate organic matter. The same inhibitor field which protected his own body from explosions extended to others. To blow up other beings, he'd need to place himself at equal risk. But the same could not be said for the clothing they wore - that was not protected from his deadly grasp.

As the fortress shook overhead from Quiver's assault, Baron Proton confronted him directly.

He'd chosen death at the hands of the Shrinker.

When the disc soared towards his leg, Molecularr knew that if it struck him, he'd be put out of commission, perhaps killed. But he had no fear whatsoever. With manic intensity, he charged Novak, into the trajectory of the disc.

In an instant, he reduced himself to a speck.

Gravity took hold of him as the world appeared to expand and slow around him, the massive momentum of his forward movement accelerating him through the air. The disc closed in -

- and the bottoms of his feet ran across its lateral side, the Miniaturized Militant sprinting across Novak's thrown projectile and using it as a platform to launch himself at the brightly-garbed CEO.

The high-speed speck closed in, now glowing with evil intent. Molecularr's tiny size let him bounce off of objects in his surroundings like an explosive pinball. His attack consisted of three moves:

First, he'd bounce off of Novak, leaving behind an explosive charge in his clothing. This bounce would carry him across the room at Maximum Man, where he'd attempt to place a second bomb on his back. Finally, he'd kick off of the lab-coated saboteur who attempted to interfere with the inner workings of the Miniaturization Engine, placing a third explosive charge on her.

He'd need to come up for air, after that, or he'd suffocate.

But within a second, if he'd touched them all, their clothes would violently combust, and launch them around the room - the excess force from his shrinking power unleashed into the matter of their uniforms.

"Now...die!"