My Daddy's Got A Gun [Open]

Roleplay locations.
The Spider

My Daddy's Got A Gun [Open]

Post by The Spider » Wed May 13, 2020 8:41 am

Time: 8:39 PM

Sometimes we give villains too much credit. Overexaggerate their power over us. Sometimes they don't really break you.

Maybe you simply break yourself by trying to hold on to them.

Sometimes tweets would @ him and give him the summary of: One day it won't hurt as much as it does now. Sometime in the near future, day to day, it'll get easier. The night's wont feel so lonely, the mornings wont be so damn difficult. It's some pity-shit that his sister would say by his bedside when he cries himself to sleep over Metacon.

That's just a few rare tweets out of the thousands of death threats and hate mail that he gets. They even tried to sue him for sucking. In fact, it's gotten to the point where he lost all hope and entirely believes them. If he took Waldo a little bit more seriously he could've saved them...

He formalized all the pity messages he was given, once you see the pattern in all of them they become rather dull and meaningless. The types of text messages that you would send your suicidal bipolar friend in attempt to get them to shut up about their first world depression. Except they are giving them to Daddy Long Legs The Failed Hero of the Millennium.

It's a 3 step process. He learned this from a friend who has a college degree in giving advice: "therapy." It starts by telling them to calm down in some form, that everything has already happened so there's no need to keep being angry or sad.

Then you tell them to take things step by step.

Third step of the process is to learn how to keep retelling that formula to all your clients repeatedly without them noticing. Cause it fucking works.

But there's no formula to all the hate he receives. The only thing he could discover was a 1 step process. That it hurts. Everybody turns a blind eye to the fact that he helped stop Surgath, a world ending event. Shouldn't the billion of numbers saved even out the 100 lives that were lost at metacon?
No.. that's a bad way of thinking. Heroric Events are different from personal murders.

There's a power in his pain, some would say it's making him stronger. Others would argue that his sadness is nothing compared to theirs, they lost their friends and families, all he lost was a reputation that he barely held onto.

In fact, nothing really changed in his daily life. Sure, his depression made him skip boiling instant ramen, he now eats it as a dry cracker but some people just like it that way. The fact that he isnt feeling worse is essentially why he's going crazy.

Jon was thinking or mentally screaming, scratching at the walls of his own mind. Trying searching for what he once was. Currently avoiding the truth in what he has become.

So cold. So empty. So numb and detached. The trigger of his hunting rifle felt more like a kitchen appliance than a dangerous weapon. BAM.

He reloads.

He started to take his college friends advice, 1: calm down. He relaxes his breathing. His aim straightens.

2: Step by step. BAM. Spider by spider.

The plan was to get better but there are demons at every level. The moment you feel like you've won, you then realize that the more you advance to recovery the more you have to lose. Nothing ever gets easier you just learn better ways to navigate a life that seemingly becomes tougher.

Dont worry, Jon didnt kill them. He went for the non-vitals. Taking off their masks and slapping and stretching their skin to see if the Invisible Waldo was deep inside. "Where The Fuck Are You!" Tears behind his mask. In the middle of the streets standing over his victim's.

My daddy's got a gun.
Last edited by The Spider on Sat May 16, 2020 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Azra
Bronze

Re: My Daddy's Got A Gun [Open]

Post by Azra » Fri May 15, 2020 3:46 am

Elektra didn't want to get to involved into hero drama, she more and more was coming to terms that she was seen as one. The SOS member who was also a cop instead of that being reversed. Just seemed like heroes had way more additional drama, there dad was the mayor and crime boss or sister turned into a monster. That by being a hero in a relationship odds were some how a need would come up of fighting ones partner. That someone had to worry about their alternate self looking to murder people. Some of that was exaggerated and some of it she had actually come to know.

Which was why initially apart of Elektra liked what she was hearing about from the precinct. A known super powered criminal was shooting up other people in costumes. Simple bad guy to stop, just plug in coordinates of MC to that SOS watch and get to work. Almost immediately though things looked to be more complicated though.

The officer had never met the spider, or really any of the spider people. She knew the track record was a turbulent one though at best. Helpful in some places and at least thought responsible for other bleak instances. The gunfire looked to be non lethal, it was still shooting all the idiots who were powered or just enjoyed costumes though. All the while a slightly cracking voice of emotion made it clear he was looking for someone. At least it gave more credibility to the thought of there being two Daddy Long Legs out there. Although maybe it was just the violent ways of resolving copyright issues, just put around in every spider that wasn't clearly different.

Assault was assault though so turning a street corner an arrow was notched and pulled back. The archer who while skin looked tone but soft was of corse stone in truth. Pulling back on the bow string needed someone to be able to throw a car around. When she let the string go the arrow took off far beyond the speed of any firearm. The intent being to break the rifle or knock it free. Before ultimately sinking into a distant wall. Quiver always doing what she could to make sure that hit or rare miss nobody was unintentionally harmed by her methods.

"Put the gun down DLL" she wasn't going to be able to say the name and keep a straight face. Especially at the thought of calling anyone daddy. "Let's work to find the douchebag. He's not worth dying for." Granted if Elektra had her way it would be just an arrest. With how many people seemed to have it out for the guy though, or just squished spiders do to a phobia though she thought it worth saying. "All you're doing now is making things worse for yourself."
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (106.03 KiB) Viewed 222 times

Kid Smash

Post by Kid Smash » Fri May 15, 2020 2:35 pm

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

The tragic story unfolding before his eyes was nothing short of tragic. Samael had heard the rumors, of DLL murdering people, attacking metacon among other heinous crimes. Never thought he'd be there to witness first hand how the mighty had fallen, once a hero, now a villain with shooting other masked vigilantes. He wasn't killing them, but he wasn't being a hero by any means!

Samael didn't have all the facts, that's where Elektra came in. She seemed to know what was happening better than he did. The young hero in black and yellow lowered himself behind Elektra. "How do you want to do this Miss Elektra? Should I go around and try to take those vigilante's to safety or should we tackle him head on?"

This was a good opportunity to learn from the veteran hero. And he wanted to take full advantage of it! An enthusiastic smile greeted Elektra, and a grin flashing his super white teeth for all to see, even any camera on the scene.

Fill

Post by Fill » Fri May 15, 2020 8:17 pm

As much as Reginald shared the characteristics of a spider himself, being nocturnal was definitely one of the most difficult to adjust to. Sleep schedule was all janked up as the spider-side and human-side of his brain fought for dominance over whether he should enter into blissful relaxation or have so much energy he could do a hundred sets of pushups and still not feel tired.

Luckily, there was something to do. A crime needing to be stopped. His phone beeped several times before he reached out for it with his hand.

Daddy Long Legs targeting spider-themed heroes. How ironic.

Reginald could sense him, even from this distance at Forestside. If the man shared any similar abilities, Daddy Long Legs could be led straight to his grandmother's house. No way was his family getting involved.

The mask went on, and with it came a strategy.

Several Minutes Later . . .

"Hey. If you're gonna shoot at anyone, shoot at me."

Famous last words.

Landing from a webswing into the middle of the situation, staring lense to lense with Daddy Long Longs would be none other than the Amazing Arachno-Man while an archer and another superhuman who appeared to have atomized every single germ from his glistening teeth. Neither of them appeared to know what they were doing, despite one of them being the famous Elektra. If the archer thought she could tag Daddy Long Legs with a bow, she would be dead wrong, and the yellow-dressed rookie happened to be following her lead.

Just perfect. All I can count on is me nowadays.

Now was not the time for negotiation. It was the time for action. Daddy could have probably popped them both off before either of them made a move.

Arachno knew he could have.

Slightly crouching, the vigilante did not come into this situation unarmed. A pair of web-shields had been constructed, one strapped to his back to keep from getting blasted in the back, while another was strapped to his arm, providing some form of protection over his torso as he raised it to his chest.

Only places he could be shot at would be his legs or his forehead, but that just would make dodging easier when you knew where your enemy was aiming at. Even more so when you could dodge bullets at the drop of a dime.

"You're gonna drop the weapon, step away from the body, put your hands on your head, and do as greenie over here says."

Fat chance of that happening.

His lenses narrowed as his free hand balled up into a fist.

"Or the next person who's going to be in critical condition is you."

The Spider

Post by The Spider » Sat May 16, 2020 11:19 am

Time: 8:40 PM

Most heroes would be considered lucky when they have a crossover episode. He should've felt like a Make-a-wish kid, but he felt they just shat inside of his spider themed straight jacket. Trapped in his ego.

Ele came first. Looking like pam from the office from the neck down. She should have just stayed away and continued being a pretty bitch elsewhere. To Jon she was just another useless cop that couldn't even catch Waldo, probably prancing along with her team of super friends doing useless shit.

She aimed. He predicted. But it's not the usual scenario. Usually, Jon would ballet dance around teasing thugs and spreading violent onomatopoeia all over the pages but today he was tired and unflinching. He angled his rifle to be carved by the arrow. Shattering its wood, leaving an edged metal barrel in his hands.

Then another Class-D super friend came. His name was Smash Mouth or something stupid like that. This was irritating.

"Why are you guys so perpetually annoying?" Kid smash was one of those cringy white kids that laid the way for tik tok. He probably think's it's funny to have bleached glow in the dark teeth, Jon could literally see everything in his smiles reflection.

In fact. He saw someone swinging.

Waldo.

Waldo landed in aid of the heroes. He has them completely convinced that he's one of them. He might've stolen another person's identity but Jon could see through it. For the past month he's been monitoring them, all of them. Analyzing which ones were closer to Waldos gait and voice traits. Calculating how Waldo moves and repositions. Calculating how to dodge and evade his every move. What's their dietary and work schedule. Calculating how to squeeze the exact parts once he's gotten his hands on that little fuckers throat.

"You can't fool me! Not anymore! Not after what you've done, Waldo!"

With his grip he squeezed the gun barrel into a fine point. Javelin throwing it as he swung himself into the sky, bouncy ball bouncing against a lamppost and ricocheting its trajectory into Waldos path.

Azra
Bronze

Post by Azra » Mon May 18, 2020 12:24 pm

She wasn't expecting backup but was best to take it once given. The second help was a double edged sword though to Elektra. The spider themed hero was likely to draw fire which wasn't great but at least it did mean every cosplaying idiot wasn't going to get shot. It was Millennium City how many people just wanted to go around in costumes or cheap memorabilia. "Elektra is fine, no need for ms. Keep eyes out for anyone suspicious be ready to jump in if need be." If they went around trying to tug everyone away it'd cause a panic, was better to she thought just let the crowds move back.

The arrow from before was almost dodged, was enough there to suggest another attempted shot might not be enough. Her thumb ran along her namesake, arrows in the quiver becoming lighter. If this did get violent she was going to need things to be faster. For the moment though she simply drew another arrow and with a quick snap fired at the thrown gun, looking to intersect the hunting rifle. The broad head arrow she knew would hit the gun, was just a question of timing. It might knock the weapon aside, or just set it off centered and slow it down. There was only ever so much one could control of the situation.

"Being annoying is my job. Do you have any evidence which spider he's hiding in? That it isn't you? Unlike someone here I like to know what I'm shooting at." El didn't want to doubt the decisions and actions of all the costumed heroes. Maybe even this other spider was the one to shoot, but evidence and confirmation was important. As obnoxious as laws might be they at least had a foundation to go off of than just someone loosing their shit.

Kid Smash

Post by Kid Smash » Tue May 19, 2020 3:39 pm

"Roger that Mi- I mean, Elektra." The kid nodded, albeit very excited.

Great! Another spider themed hero!

Why was it that MC had a lot of these vigilante types reluctant or wore spider themed outfits? This one was seemingly on their side however. He had his directions, though, so Samael did not move even when the spider vigilante threw his gun at the other spider costumed vigilante and made a jump. Samael was sure of one thing, that he could react when necessary. He simply waited for further direction from Elektra, who had fired an arrow in response. All was yet under control.

Fill

Post by Fill » Tue May 19, 2020 5:47 pm

Only one thought crossed his head as the spider-vigilante surveyed the situation. He cared little if Elektra or Kid Smash were famous or respected heroes. This was not one of those negotiating type scenarios and everyone seemed to ignore the injured spider-themed individual Long Legs just shot.

Although, he may have been a bit predisposed to such a stance due to his sixth sense blaring up his skull.

"You guys are all absolute morons."

This is exactly why he hated team-ups. Not only did he have to watch their backs along with his own, but he also had to put up with their lame remarks, bringing his image down even further as well. Not like Long Legs had not already destroyed most of his credible reputation already.

No one person knew what they were doing except him. Even the so-called professionals like Elektra. And Arachno-Man was still a student in high school. How embarrassing. Seriously, who argued about being called miss during a fight?

Even under the mask, Arachno would have been reluctant to take charge at best and operating on his own at worst, but this particular fight required a greater amount of coordination than what Elektra was currently providing.

"Looks like the dementia is kicking in early for you, pal," the gymnastic jester shot back at Daddy Long Legs.

His bent knees sprang forward, propelling him forward instead of into the air to attack his opponent, but rather to the other spider-person who had been shot. The thrown projectile was a distraction, oldest trick in the book because Arachno used that page for when dealing with hostage situation. Divert attention. Subdue. However, leaving such a sharp weapon around on the field would been irresponsible and foolish, no matter where it landed. Without so much as looking at the projectile, a quick firing of his web-spinner caught the flying object before slamming and attaching it to the ground via the adhesive.

"Hey! Kid Useless! Get the injured out of here!" the scarlet satirist yelled, drawing his supposed allies attention to him as he neared the body. No telling if the guy was a cosplayer or an actual vigilante. Either way, healing factor or not, blood loss would be a risk all the same if something was not done. So the tactical tarantula decided to trust his allies to be smart and do the right thing. If not, then they would not hear the end of it from him that's for sure.

Because his run to help the fallen spider-themed individual was a ruse.

Don't know what's up with this Waldo business. But he's focused on me.

Shifting his legs and balance, the amazing Arachno-Man prepared himself to perform another one of his amazing leaps, but with a particular direction in mind. As much as he wanted to help the injured fellow out, there was no way he could reach the body, close the wounds, and fend off his aggressor all at the same time while trying to get the injured individual to a hospital or medic. Any webbing he used to seal up wounds would require a solvent from his belt to dissolve if there was a need to remove any bullets from the body. There was no time for him for that. Not with Daddy Long Legs hot on his heels. All he could do was run and wait. Wait for the right moment to jump.

Which means I have the advantage here.

The Spider

Post by The Spider » Wed May 20, 2020 3:29 pm

Time: 8:41 PM

"Fuck. Off."

"You're as equally useful at your job" finger quoting in midair. "As the spoon I use to scoop out the brown parts of a banana, why even bother." He wasnt swinging normally, watching where he was going was too slow and protecting every single ice cream licking civie from a few falling rocks was too unimportant.

He was more-so aggressively cratering off of brick walls and cars, a mach speed predator. Jon stopped caring. Building debris shot out at each jump, flattening car engines in each landoff and windows shattering at his quakes. As long as his Daddy Long Legs didnt give out he would be one step ahead of any little bitch he came across.

It was a little mind game that he liked to play, if Waldo wanted to play hero, he'd stop running away after witnessing Daddy Long Legs street carnage in his pursuit.

"I know about your apartment, Waldo." Appearing in front of the imposter, shadowing over him as he stood on top of a building. Not a single sweat was broken. In fact the only thing that was bothering was the thought that he shouldve worn socks today. Slippery cold feet was the only uncomfortable thing he felt, it was worse than being shot at by arrows.

"Just about how many fucking years have you been harbouring bombs, huh!?" Metacon was obviously not enough for him. All those plastic explosives that he used was just a fucking crumb of what Jon saw in that little apartment.

"BUT TWO CAN PLAY AT THAT GAME."
Large mechanical spiders surrounded the streets. A lot of them. So many in fact that Jon developed enough callouses in his hands making them that if he were to rip Waldos guts out he would choose his harden dried palms instead of his talons.

Waldo shouted out a heroic gesture to save the injured but Jon saw through his deception. Waldo was only using him as a distraction to escape, that wasn't going to happen.

"Don't you fucking dare touch that body!"

A spiderling clamped itself onto the injured spider and rigged itself to explode. It's explosive power was just high enough to be non lethal against most metas, considering most of them are blunt resistant. Specially made to hunt down Waldo.

"Doggypile enough of these on your body and it'll have the force to shred off a leg or two and shit out your dinner. You wont let that happen to him."

Azra
Bronze

Post by Azra » Thu May 21, 2020 12:11 pm

This was why Elektra thought training was important, the wounded could easily become a hostage. Trying to go for them could trigger the stupidity of the criminal or desperate. Sure enough at the order to help the wounded a number of spider droids rigged to blow looked to move toward the fallen. Daddy Long Legs was either right or had gone off the deep end. Both of which needed care, and defusing this situation was looking and more impractical.

On the upside between an arrow and webb slinging precision the other spider wasn't shot yet. In the mean time the spider caused more destruction. Couldn't spare everyone but a trio of arrows were quickly shot to spare any civilians in way of debris or who were somewhere that would be hit. Four arrows down she noted briefly none of which though were beyond salvaging in a pinch. "Prevent them from attaching to anyone else if you can." She'd mutter to Kid Smash in regard to the numerous small machines, hopefully they could at least keep them off more civilians.

"We're all shit at the job got it. You've no evidence though and are a danger to civilians though so I'd say surrender while you can." She didn't trust him to do so though which was why an arrow was notched and the bow string stretched. Sharp ears possibly picking up on just how much strain was on the bow despite its composition.

If agreeing to an arrest wasn't going to happen, and especially if it looked like things would get violent then the arrow would be let loose. Well into the hypersonic velocity the arrow would seek to burry into the right shoulder. Given the small distance of park space and roads it'd travel the distance before even many speedsters would notice. The stopping power enough to puncture clean through a tank and likely to pin a person to a wall with a hard smack against brick. Elektra would rather not shoot at costumed crusaders, but then again willing to stick bombs on people wasn't particularly heroic in design.