Incursion: Final Examination [Closed]

Roleplay locations.
Kilroy

Re: Incursion: Final Examination [Closed]

Post by Kilroy » Tue May 26, 2020 1:57 am

They went in circles for a little while, trying to get from point A with no kids to point B with a happy Jake and safe kids. It was commendable, because it was as he expected for the 'good guys' on this situation. Still, even if they seemed enthusiastic or simply sharing his boredom, he couldn't help but feel slightly bothered by the lack of realization. Which was why, as the tiny technopath ultimately got to the point where she just asked him for what he wanted, he gave up on trying to have them solve his puzzle. Instead, he simply leaned in, the first serious expression he had put on in forever plastered across his robotic face. "Consequence." He responded.

"The fact pieces of shit like me can exist is thanks to genuinely good people such as you. I believed that wholeheartedly. After all, I can be the biggest asshole on the entire universe, say what I want, do what I want, and there are still those who think there's any good in me. Then, if it gets too much, I can shut myself down forever and that will be it. It's like a fucking superpower. Not like I have been very alive these last few decades anyways." Jake shrugged, presenting what he liked to call "the final villain monologue", when he revealed his world domination plan and told everyone how he was mistreated as a child. "And that was fun. I had a blast until everything went to shit, and now I can quite literally commit mass genocide and nobody would bat an eye because that's just how the world is today. So then you guys come along." He points at them, and opens a genuine grin. "This is the most fun I've had in years. If I have to play villain to get this, then I'll be the fucking most despicable person I can be to get it." Without moving a single inch, he begun floating midair, setting his body in an upright position. "I'm here threatening the lives of two children and you're giving me consequences, that's what I like, that's what I want. Getting away with everything is not as cool as it sounds, and losing it all to a single game of tag? That wouldn't be fun."

A clenched fist hits his chest twice, before an index finger stretches outwards towards the one energetic lady that suggested a game to be played. "I appreciate the hustle, though." With a snap of his fingers, the video footage vanished, and instead the numbers "05:00" appeared on the monitor. "Here is a game idea. In five minutes I'll activate the systems and the kids will suffer for it. You seem confident, five minutes sound more than enough." His finger moves towards the leftmost corner of the room, a single vintage computer immediately turns on. "That's the terminal with the pods' settings, power source and all that fun. Destroying it means the only way to activate it is through me, so you'd better avoid doing that. I won't destroy it either, because where's the fun in that?!" He chuckled, folding his arms. "You can imagine how much of a toll it takes to control an entire station, so I'll let you in on a little detail: I can't fight and take care of everything at the same time. That's your chance. Sounds like a fair game?"

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Tue May 26, 2020 2:39 am

A moment of silence. Capacitor stared at him, at his little games that he was playing with the lives of children. He spoke of consequences as something to be desired, and yet he thought nothing of the consequences for the students he held hostage. As she'd suspected, they were merely pieces set up for a game.

She did not like playing games.

"Ryoko. Take him. Sunderson. Get that portal open again."

Hopefully, that would result in a flurry of action. Ryoko's strength would be enough to start a real fight. Capacitor absorbed the lightning that had crackled around her, drawing it deep within, one shell within another. Ryoko's attack would provide the focus that their opponent apparently needed, and Sunderson's portal would give him something to worry about if he needed another thing to think about.

That, and it would keep Sunderson busy.

Lightning swallowed, she reached out to Manaria again, grabbing her arm and moving her towards the terminal. In that moment, she did the thing she hated most and let her mind come unlocked to the girl, the one who had coordinated her own rescue only weeks before.
The timer doesn't matter. Launch them.

It would be based entirely on trust - but Teja didn't think their opponent knew anything about that. Their opponent knew about entertainment and imprisonment. He didn't know how to trust someone to do the impossible.

Mana did, though. Mana was a believer - and Teja had full faith that the girl would do as she'd asked, if only because Teja had asked her to do it. Mana trusted her - and that was why this might work. Capacitor twisted SPEAR from behind her back and took action on another front - while Ryoko might handle the physical aspect of the confrontation, she focused on the digital one, dumping as much electricity as possible into the station, and the instant she'd dumped it, draining it once more as she had earlier, creating a swirling tide of energy, back and forth - a hundred thousand minute variations with every onslaught, making him gauge and reassess every instant if he didn't want to overload his station or leave it powerless.

It would have been an impossible move to take if she'd cared at all about his timer. In truth, it was all a waiting game. He'd threatened to launch the kids in order to make her team comply - she would take that threat and turn it against him. He thought ninety seconds was an impossibly short window.

She thought it was just fine.

Ryoko

Post by Ryoko » Tue May 26, 2020 5:28 pm

Ryoko rolled her neck and cracked her knuckles. She was anticipating an all too obvious pain. The sensation of electricity charging through her body would never be a pleasant one, but it was something that she could wade through if she prepared herself mentally.

"Roger"

To be blunt, so long as Ryoko saw a path forward that she could actually take, she was happy. Jake might've been annoying, and his mindset was pitiable, but he was just another obstacle in their way. She was just thankful that they hadn't shown up to find a pile of corpses waiting for them. That he had chosen to hold onto those cards in his hand instead of just discarding them on a whim. Some folks might've blamed her seemingly cavalier behavior on the hope of a fool.

She just saw it as a winner's determination.

"Wonder how badly I'm gonna get tased this time..." She glanced at Teja and shot her a reassuring smile before setting her sights on Jake.

And then she advanced.

Rocketing forward like an ICBM, Ryoko announced her introduction into this fight. A flying kick, aimed straight for his core, that carried more than enough force to send him hurtling to the other side of the room and away from the others; landing in an eighth of a second if Jack did nothing to stop it.

She'd keep him busy, the rest had other things to worry about.
Active Sandbox Characters: Ryoko/ Kore/ Mina

For all other characters, click here

Azra
Bronze

Post by Azra » Tue May 26, 2020 7:23 pm

Jake didn't seem to be fond of Mana just asking what was wanted, of trimming the fat to get to the point. That got a smile out of her though as tangerine eyes looked to Ryoko. She didn't think herself as cool as a dragon but she liked to think the blunt way of things was taking a page from that woman's book. With this came the answer, there seemed to be some shade cast her way. Evil like him existing because of those like her willing to try and trust in prisons and that killing wasn't always necessary. After Amaranthe she liked to think she took a hint of inspiration from MAXIMUM MAN, she wasn't going to scream "justice" but she liked to think there was a time to hold back and a time to slay a monster. What was in this room with them remained to be seen, he mentioned he could get away with genocide. She thought just said something about this world.

They needed help, their morals were lost. Maybe they didn't want it from a seventeen year old du...no crafty cyborg but helping out was her choice. She caught herself and corrected remembering what Teja'd told her. Point was this world could take her offer how they wanted, but she wanted to be a hero. To be like the two women in this room who gave her inspiration. To continue her legacy of being a shield for others. Something Bran she imagined didn't understand but maybe one day. He did have a protege she remembered hearing about the kid from the meeting she had missed. Maybe that could smooth the jaded persona out some.

He said he would be the most despicable person, but she doubted it. He was asking for consequence from them with killing eachother before. It was hardly the worst out there. Hardly the worst she had seen, they were given something to do and Mana smiled. She wouldn't be the first to respond though, that honor went to Teja. Orders clean and simple the heavy hitter would fight. A portal was to be made the other words coming through psychically.

Mana felt herself pause for a second. Surprised as she thought it was a challenge to even be let in to that mind let alone for it to reach out. The direction was concerning, she felt by doing this Alfonse's and Jordan's life was now on her. If "Timmy and Tommy" were killed because of this that was blood on her hands. First life taken from her would be not a villain but a failure, concerns started to swell up threatening to throw her back into her mental state after X got away. An exhale, air escaping a organic and a mechanical one meditative relaxed. Taking in once more the lessons from Jackal and Niku. She trusted the woman she saw as a mentor and somehow her small mechanized self was trusted by the leader of SOS.

She nods in understanding. "They should be here." She replied in quick telepathic approval suggesting where she had picked up on their weak mental signals. Mana's understanding of the base through the machines easily relatable through Teja's obtained through electric grasp of the compound.

Mana moved to the terminal while her tail moved to Yawarakai. The fifth limb would take up the sword and the sheathe of the weapon would fold out and simultaneously be gripped. The scabbard became a shield, still with holes in one side where fifty calibur rounds had gotten through. One of which having taken her arm not so long ago. It was a bit dented but it would hold, a defensive tool should attacks come her way. Second defense was to shield her mind, steady herself with telepathy and technopathy as she knew those might become vulnerable if not cautious. With Mana's left hand a small rotating barrel would spring from her wrist. Five nails would be shot like bullets at the leg of Jake.

If they missed they'd just hit some desk or shelf no danger to anything integral. Each nail could punch into a fair bit of armor though, and then they detonated. An explosion compact and small, it could destroy a padlock and only scorch the door but that wasn't to say it wasn't potent. This was just to assist in keeping the consequence seeker at bay.

Mana's real efforts and intentions went into cracking into the terminal. A mind that talked with computers and all there codes like it was her first language. The kid who had come to understand most of the complex coding done through an alien language intent on keeping anyone and everyone out of Solar City in a dauntingly brief time. If she could build parts like those on her in hours and confident enough she could build a way to come across dimensions, this should be easy. Just navigating the systems to tell two small compartments to be launched. She didn't think herself any Terminus or Teja in techno wizardry
"Solid third place though of techno wizard you could take."

Kilroy

Bran Sunderson Was Right

Post by Kilroy » Tue May 26, 2020 8:25 pm

It was a fine way to get them riled up for the final showdown, wasn't it? Show big numbers on the screen, make a final villainous speech to complete the charade, offer them a chance of victory, of superiority. They had him figured out, to an extent. Those kids lives, his guests' lives, even his own, they didn't pass for anything other than a game, and the mere concept of it being initiated only now? Misplaced. The die was cast ever since they first walked into his ship.

He had to applaud such effort, however. This wasn't the unorganized mess a bunch of random individuals could pull off, the bonds between them seemed genuine, all except the one man who didn't truly understand superheroes. Well, as a matter of fact, he was the one who understood them most of all the others. Regardless, their next actions were nothing less than spectacular to witness, the resolve of their leadership, the tenacity of their youth, the sheer power of their brawn and resourcefulness of their wildcard. Teja and the little technopath rushed after the terminal immediately, while the taller woman - named Ryoko, apparently - had been tasked to keep him occupied. To that, he simply opened a bright, supercilious smile. "I win." He muttered to himself.

The assaults came from everywhere, the countless volts poured into the system and cast onto his grid only to be pulled off immediately after, the rushing currents so strong they would cause irreversible damage if let to their own devices, a product of Teja's paramount capability: absorption and release. The young technopath, when accompanied to the fact he was busy brawling, did such an unexpectedly strong assault towards his many barriers that he doubted he could have stopped her were he not to give her at least most of his attention, yet he heeded none of his oh, so precious time to either. Instead, he leaned forward, and dove into the kick, avoiding it so it vaguely connected to his lowered face, body arched forth as the might behind the kick sent shockwaves that stopped him into place, ripping apart half of his absolutely flawless visage. To answer her attack, he would simply attempt to lay a finger on her body. "Boop. You're it." And just like that, he vanished from thin air, followed shortly after by three dry thuds as projectiles hit his table.

After all, he desired to witness it. No. He had all the right to witness it. The man who so desperately scribbled circles on the ground, he seemed pretty professional at... Whatever that meant. It was, however, all four naught. Chargeman reappeared on the other side of the room, his face divided in half, the whirring on his ears a nuisance as his true form took shape. There was no longer an ounce of a human body. Once again, assumptions made about him could not be more correct. During the entirety of his life Jake Johns, also known as Chargeman, had never known trust. But that wasn't to say he didn't pick up quite a few interesting tricks during his life.

Such as manipulation.

And deceit.

Jake couldn't comprehend why they trusted his every word. He had made sure to play the scummiest role he could, to hide his body, to act so blatantly aggressive and egotistical. He poked Teja repeatedly and from her responses, from her utter ignorance of his words as nothing more than senseless banter, he had managed to do precisely what he planned ever since she sucked her first watt. He led her on. Did they never question as to why he so amicably spoonfed her energy? Had they not paid attention when he hammered how the kids were safer here, how they had absolutely no idea what they were getting into? Didn't his overzealous nature, practically handholding their technopath as she simply saw the files he desired her to see spark any curiosity? Or, perhaps, when a magical plot device containing everything they needed simply surged out of nowhere, just as the villain revealed his major weakness, all conveniently while they contained both an extremely charged individual and a fellow technopath, didn't that at least seem obviously false?! He gave them every reason in the book to not believe a single venomous word spat from that ridiculously self-indulging face of his. Yet, they failed him. They failed them. Again.

The lights who had danced around a tug-of-war before, now barely blinked as the supercharges weakened the ship's already old and failing capacitors, only to be pumped again with another discharge with not even as much resistance as before. Systems were going offline. Soon, they were floating in zero gravity. Then, oxygen stopped being shot into the station and, instead it actually began to leak as there was barely any functionality left. This right here meant it was show time. And he couldn't miss it for anything in this world, as the little one's face contorted in any way she deemed worthy when she realized what the pods had truly been all along. And it was not an ejectable trap. It never had been.

Jake Johns did not lie when he said the kids were better off with him, for all that anyone who knew the situation cared, he was very much the barrier keeping those children from falling over to the darker side of existence: death. How? By running their life support after his superiors did god knows what with them. There never was time for a deadly trap, because there never was previous warning about an invasion. Those improvised files, faulty and coded in mere minutes during their negotiation, they should have been a warning. The fact he explicitly pointed out precisely how his reality's heroes lost three billion lives should have been enough. But it wasn't, and as the entire station short-circuited without a single lifted finger from his, he simply laughed and laughed and laughed. His frame, the only one seemingly unaffected by gravity, was stoic, superior, after all they had just proven his point.

A single beam shoots out from his chest, and in it the children's convulsing, unawake bodies played on repeat, the very last footage captured by the cameras as he blasted the theme song for Curb Your Enthusiasm over it. "You do have Curb back at your world, yeah?" He mocked, not aggressive in the slightest. He played the music and they danced to his song, and now, who really was to blame for the kids? Who truly gambled their lives? "You might want to rush. They don't have much time." All doors were open, the ambient not even remotely as charged with electricity as it once had been, easy to track their whereabouts now.

And he simply stood there, on the skeleton of a dead space station, doomed to one day fall on the world beneath it. Were they all to prioritize the children, then that would be the last they would see from this reality's Jake Johns... Or perhaps not, as he was but a man, seeking for fun.

Orange

Post by Orange » Wed May 27, 2020 4:46 am

Negotiations had broken down. Notably, the heroes hadn't been much help at all. Ryoko and Mana did what they could but were rather slow on the uptake they weren't as bad as Teja though. When we entered this station I looked at Teja as a generally good person and a fair leader now I could hardly look at her without seeing her as Jake had said a bitch. I went along with her order drawing up the circle because we were out of my specialty and into hers.

It didn't take long for it to become absolute chaos I didn't need to look I could hear it as we followed our orders. Some of the systems on the station began to malfunction first it was the gravity.... then it was the life support for a moment while I floated in the air and the oxygen began to thin I wondered how to react. First I made sure to close off my spacesuit to make sure I didn't die of asphyxiation next I would cast a spell tentacle grab as I raised one of my hands for a moment summoning an eldritch tentacle out of some unknown dimension to wrap around my leg and pull me back to the floor and I could continue my work. The circle itself was complete as I got my feet back on the ground and kneeled on the ground to get started on the runes and the five-pointed star.

I had only made it about halfway through the star before I turned around to see Jake had shed his armor? I guess that was the right word for it and playing a video of the kids suffering. This wasn't something that he had done no this was something that we did as the kids got roasted because Teja had decided to overload the system with electricity. Jake may have set up the noose but we pulled the fucking lever as I raised two fingers to my temple casting telepathy and connected my mind to my team and the kids we were trying to save. We would now know two things they were alive after our, to put it mildly bungling and the thoughts of those we were supposed to rescue instead of fighting.

Our minds would be immediately bombarded by the thoughts of the kids reminding them why we were here whether they liked it or not. "Am I gonna die?"I want my mommy!!!!"I want Daddy!!!" It continued as memories and images of their lives flashed before their lives with us serving as an audience. I looked at Teja removing my fingers from my temple, "stop fucking around and rescue the kids." I was done and now the kids were almost dead because of us so much for heroes...

I got back to work on the star and now attempting to rush it while yelling back at my teammates, "STOP FIGHTING THERES NO POINT TO IT NOW!!!!!!!" The star was done... I would just need a couple more seconds, "Mana tell Teja however you can to take the kids back to our Earth if they're not already dead." We had just heard their thoughts I didn't have much hope as I finished up the runes and stood back up to face my teammates.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Wed May 27, 2020 2:01 pm

Good.

The students were hurt, but they were alive - and what was more, in their living, the doors were open and the same signals that tormented them alerted her to exactly where they were. For their pain, there was a part of her that wanted to take on this creature that had harmed them. For the pain that he had no doubt caused Manaria, who would take this torment on herself, blame herself for what he had chosen to do, there was a part of her that wanted to rend the very heavens in which his station rested - but that was not why she was here.
"Just remember - call for the Aegis, and it will come. That's your role. The shield, not the sword."
She was here to protect the students from her world, and she was here to bring them home.

"Invictus, protect them." She did not need to question this, because the answer was already there - had always been there. When he had gone on, he had left them with the words that in their time of need, he would be there. She had invoked his shield once before, in Millennium City, to protect the innocent there. She invoked it again now, to protect those children in their technological cradles.

Ryoko was engaging the enemy, and Capacitor trusted her to continue the assault as long as was necessary. Sunderson was sketching circles on the floor, working up the portal he'd used to bring them here, a pathway back to the surface of the earth. She ignored his outbursts - emotion was understandable, even if he risked distracting others with them at critical moments. It was best to remain professional - not engage, and trust him to do his part as the others would trust her to do her own.

The only wildcard would be Manaria, who would no doubt be inclined to go to the students herself - indeed, Capacitor could already see the tension in her body, the need to do exactly that. "Mana, cover Sunderson." Quick words, clipped, but not weightless. The words served a trifold purpose - firstly, to assign Manaria a task, simply enough. Beyond that, though, Capacitor's use of her shortened name - something she almost never used - would be a bright beacon to Manaria that this was important, and Capacitor was relying on that to arrest her attention - and her intended motion. Keeping her here meant keeping her from going after the students herself - and what was more, it meant keeping her near the portal, once it was created - an escape route, as soon as it opened.

The station bled air and gravity, and it didn't matter - the space suits Terminus had designed functioned to provide them with the air they needed, and thrust to maneuver in the vacuum of space. The first, Capacitor relied on - the second, she ignored. Her body was electric, and she rushed the formulaic ions from their scattering into a circuit, generating a magnetic field that centered upon herself, and cast the fields out to pull her through the corridors with the speed that only ions could achieve. Her mind she cocooned, protected by the ionic field to hold her thoughts intact. The suit, designed for armored combat, would protect her body from the worst of it - but not everything. Capillaries would burst, bruising beneath the skin as she did what she could to hold more critical systems like internal organs in place.

For all her intent to use the magnetic fields to get to the students, she didn't trust that their opponent wouldn't try to intervene, and that was why it wasn't the only way she was attempting to get there - more a facade than anything else, for all that it was a fully functional one. Her command to her own AEGIS device latched on to the coordinate location of the students' pods and translocated her directly there. One way or another, she'd make it there.

From then it was merely the work of the moment and a quick command: "Body Slide by three-" before the protection of the Aegis and the translocation of her own device would return her and the students to the desert.

By now, hopefully, Sunderson would have that portal completed and get the rest of them out of there.

Azra
Bronze

Post by Azra » Wed May 27, 2020 2:16 pm

Four Months Ago January

It terrified Manaria knowing two students were taken from the school. She was so busted up and broken from the fight, bandages making a shirt for the young cyborg. She felt like with Jackal getting away she had failed in her duties as a hero. Soon as she was allowed to leave the hospital however she had, and hadn't been long after she visited the families.

"I promise I'll bring them back." Tangerine eyes locked with those of Jordan's mom and dad. There intensity burned with an almost righteous fervor. To see things through.

"Thats not something that should be on you kid." Mana shook her head at though, didn't matter what the dad sad. The teachers didn't defend the school, Garrick, Liam, Ryoko and herself had. Mana may have stopped most from being taken but it hadn't been all of them. And she didn't think it right to drag others into her mission just that she owed it to the classmates of hers to be there for them.

Two Months Ago March

Mana had come to accept calling for help, she had been kidnapped by X for her technopathy. The skills shown in the attack on Millenium had attention drawn to her and with that Mana was hunted down. Instead of making the most of her birthday with friends she was knocked unconscious and dragged into the darkness. She signaled for help and it came. Her legacy of taking hits for others and trying to be friendly with most she met made it seem like when she asked for help the world had come to back her.

That was something she tried to hold onto as she was in surgery. Mana felt like a failure when X got away she felt defeated in her efforts to be a hero. During the efforts to rescue her though she chose to save someone else weathering a barrage of gunfire meant for Garrick. It claimed the cyborg's arm but she was okay with that. At the hospital of Millenium the lost left arm was cut off the teen waking up with everything from the shoulder down gone, things set up for her to build the now fully cybernetic limb.

However it wasn't family or friend who visited her first, instead it had been Alfonse's father. His callous and large hand holding Mana's small mechanical one. "You've been through enough Mango. It's been two months just let it be." There was tears there but the man didn't want to see more children hurt because of this dimensional mess.

"In my world we don't give up. They've lost hope in moving forward, that we can do enough. I have to know otherwise." It was the first real spark back in her. The mechanical hand of hers once let go clutched her necklace. A simple thing a small luck charm but in a vile. Those classmates would be fortunate enough to get through this and they would find that the world came to their aid, like it had for her.

Now

It echoes in the young teens mind.
"You'll bring them back Mango."
"Know you won't be the only one but we're counting on you kid."

The sirens blare, and the gravity kicks off. The room gets darker and her heart skips a beat. The station starts to shut down and her worst fears begin to settle in. She snuffed out those thoughts though, that was something to kill. There was hope yet. First things first reach into the bowels of the station. No gentle touch no careful work, she'd force it to obey her. She was the kid who fought when she had almost no skin or muscle tissue left on her chest. Who built mechanical limbs out of spare car parts. She built spinal prosthetics on the cheap as a busted up thirteen year old because her ability with machines was that good, because her will was that strong.

It didn't matter what the machines said, what they were instructed to do. She was a technopath, no THE technopath. Maybe not the brightest mind but that power was hers. Mastered so well that a genius predator from another dimension would hunt her down for it. She would tell the base, no order it to save the life support for last. To use every system set in place to make the students stable. Some damage was done but she could help them back from that, they were going to live. Don't trust what Jake did or didn't do, that was the lesson not to trust villains. So she wouldn't this base was going to listen to her instead. Because technology was hers to take the reigns of. The last thing the machines in the Instalation would do was look out for the students and fight their endangered state, "BECAUSE I SAY SO."

These thoughts of hers were louder than anything she had heard. And it was a message that would play on monitors last before they flickered out.

In her mind she knew this base, the fastest route, the lack of gravity only would aid her in navigating the path. Despite being unconscious some of the thoughts of fellow students reached out all the same, panic. They'd find themselves feeling embraced though psychic hands reaching out to them, followed by rewriting the responses of the brain subtly in the meld to not be panicking from the pain. Save the sensations of pain of heat and shock for the teen who'd weathered such pain and so much worse instead. "Not so long as I've something to say about it." She was ready to mealt the base with a rocket trail, to cut and bash her way to get to them. There pain was on her so of course she tried to shoulder they're suffering.

Teja spoke though, said a young hero's name or more precisely the shortened version. It cut through her thoughts, as direction was given. She wasn't alone here, this wasn't just her fight, the world had come for the students. Trust that Teja would be faster. What mana had to do was buy time. A benefit to this was that there wasn't a need to hold back. Jake was armored, versatile, fast and wanted a consequence. This base was falling apart and a dysfunctional mess, it didn't need her to keep it in tact. "Cruel and untrustworthy sure but you're not so bad. Hell I've met boy's crueler to me than you. How bout you give a kid something to be haunted by., if you can." Of all the people she had faught she didn't think a spar with the redhead would be something brought up. Even he seemed more out for blood, and Mana wanted the deepest cut to pull from. To try and goad Jake into sticking around for a fight. Keep him off of jeopardizing the students, Mana had fought four months to get to.

"Bran...focus make sure we've an out.""Teja is going to them and going to body slide them to safety. I set systems to help. We need to keep him off her. Want to hate what I AM do it later." It had been hard for her, she reminded herself though she had to stay calm a tempest ready to be unleashed but holding onto a sense of bushido until then. She sent the message to both her allies, but the emphasis was on the wizard. Who's cool was constantly slipping to instead lash out at everyone around him, these were conditions that didn't lend themselves to the situation though it wasn't helping.

Yawarakai was taken in Mana's right hand, the shield in her left and with a hiss flames came from Mana's heels. The jump jets she had built back on the parallel version of this base coming to life. She didn't need gravity, didn't want it she was less restrained here. Her left hand in the palm opened as a thruster came to life running along the Yawarakai. The sword glowed a white hot along the edge hot as plasma while the edge was thin as a scalpel but held together as it was made of Esoterium. A gift to her from Teja following the fight with Rampage.

As for Mana's attack patterns she wouldn't use her senses. He could move about to much for that, know she would look to trace him by brainwaves and his various mechanical signatures. She didn't know if she could target his machinery or if it was worth the effort. But by the very nature of her being it was something for the cyborg to trace. So she burst to life in a unorthodox mix up of attacks.

Shooting forward like a five foot five tall rocket a sword leaving a trail of heat behind it would lash for the legs of Jake. Her body tainting into a flip as she went by seeking to bring her right leg down on his forehead with a sharp kick. The strength to lift cars from her put into a striking power amplified by rocket propulsion. Her left leg twisting and with a thrust of a plasmid stream bringing the cyborg in front once again.

Yawarakai slashes for the gut, more specifically to split the mechanical figure in two separate halves. Just as the sword comes in from his left and low though the tail sneaks in from the right. A sharp whip of a limb but more importantly located in the tail was a small mining laser. This beam would look to carve across the face, wouldn't be to deep but should remove sight if it landed. All the while the nail gun and thrusters were ready, so that if he tried to flee she could give chase and in all likelihood explosive nails tailing him. While the shield was ready to provide defense. She seemed to drift into a meditative calm in this, her fighting spirit sharpened in fights with Amaranthe and Roadblock, honed into a stronger edge by those like Jackal X and Niku. All of this fortified by lessons to look out for herself along the way she liked to think from Maximum Man, Liam and predominantly Teja. Hard as she was willing to go, she wasn't just looking out for a world there was a world that looked out for her.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (275.31 KiB) Viewed 101 times

Ryoko

Post by Ryoko » Wed May 27, 2020 3:32 pm

That kinda sucked.

Not the power outage nor the leaking atmosphere; no, Ryoko hadn't even been wearing a spacesuit and wouldn't need one. She could move through zero gravity just fine and hadn't been injured in the slightest. Well...

Physically, anyway.

She wasn't entirely sure if the others, excluding Bran, felt that blow at all, given how they were acting. But Ryoko was a proud dragon and, well, that stung more than a little. It did bring her pause, if only for a moment; enough time to retread the fleeting moments that had just passed to lead to this current situation. She let out a deep sigh as her gamble failed.

She sighed, but she kept going all the same.

That was what defined a good hero, wasn't it? Taking a blow, tripping up, but finding the resolve to keep moving and trying to make things right, despite. She's be lying if she said that she didn't share most of Bran's frustration because, quite frankly, she did. That hurt. And, right now, the mission was well out of her hands and into theirs. As much as the dragon excelled in dealing death and destruction, she was no engineer nor technopath. Blowing up the station from the inside would be an easy task, sure, but all she could do was hope that the others could find a way to remedy the situation.

Still, as bad as things were, it could be worse. The kids were dying, not dead. And Ryoko was happy to find that, when their resolve was tested, the team had the balls to keep striving for victory after a blunder. Wouldn't be the first time and it wasn't going to be the last. She honestly didn't feel like fighting. Jake's life didn't mean a damn thing one way or another to her; never did, never would. But he still had the power to pose as an obstacle for the others as they worked to save the children in critical condition.

So she still had a job that needed to be done.

Mana was the first to jump into the fray against Jake. She seemed to like playing that role and, honestly, if the girl was going to go in as hard as she was, Ryoko would take advantage of it. So she moved silently through the air, swift as the wind, and positioned herself behind Jake. Her arm was white hot and god-shearing claws that could rend the flesh of titan and eldest alike adorned every finger. And she wouldn't wait for Mana to finish her combo, no, she'd strike as soon as she took position.

One move.

Amidst the chaos, the dragon would seek to spear her searing arm through his armor, like butter, and destroy whatever machinery that he had been using for a heart in an instant. And, finally, give this man some rest.
Active Sandbox Characters: Ryoko/ Kore/ Mina

For all other characters, click here

Kilroy

Post by Kilroy » Wed May 27, 2020 7:27 pm

It seemed increasing the stakes was quite enough for him to get through to most of them. Have them, at the very least, realize one does not walk into a situation with so little information. Perhaps they could have come in shooting, perhaps they could have tried to probe his barriers for answers, but it didn't matter now. If their mission was getting the kids back safely, it had failed spectacularly, because he had absolutely no idea just how long the kids still had it in them, they needed some immediate medical attention if the consequences weren't to be permanently damaging, or even worse. The systems all fried, even if life support had been the absolute last, it was time to prove they were not merely heroes, but goddamned saints executing a miracle. He could have estimated it, run the numbers on the back of his head, but what was even the point? The kids were, to put it bluntly, never his true objective.

The message was.

Still, there were some who didn't quite seem to grasp it. Not humbled, not admitting their own faults by leaping into a situation just as Chargeman leapt onto Surgath's fight, how he lost everything he had had. Instead of caring about the children, they'd rather think about Jake Johns, about how he slipped even though it all went according to plan, the kids were of no consequence, the moral high ground was. Too bad, delusions would only cause more death, but even then, even amidst all this catastrophic piece of pitch-black rock, he saw two little diamonds. Sparkling with a brilliance he truly hoped to push even further. They were, after all, what made all of this intriguing and worth scheming for.

They went for the logical conclusion, splitting the team once again, some would keep him busy while others secured a way out for the children, who's pain had been eased, a combination of technology and mind trickery to force them to believe that their dying breaths were but a walk in the park. Ah, nothing quite like masking bad as good. "Oh no, not my children!" He yelled, a clearly sarcastic smirk plastered across the half of a human face he still had left. That was what they apparently hoped he had said. That he continued to antagonize, to claw his way against their justified rescue, their blissful ignorance. There were those that did not want it this way, those who's only preoccupation was the children, and so he indulged them, for they deserved recognition.

They got him.

"Oh, come on now! I thought I had you fooled with my monologuing, don't knock me on this one!" Jake chuckled, answering the petite, keen-edged ball of fire exploding his way. He didn't need to focus on the station anymore, which meant all his power was in the master puppet he gambled with this entire time, his messenger and his main antagonist, the central piece on the board. Abaddon, they said was it's name, the thing he somehow got fused with. And now he stood still, even if his calculations and sensors could pick up movement before it was even close to him, even if he could have teleported once more and let his converging foes slice and dice each other apart, even if he could sense all the technology in the room, all the technology on this base of his, and could potentially turn it off with a mere snap. He didn't. Their objective was not to stop Jake Johns, it was to rescue the dying kids, and while he had not once posed a threat, he could comprehend their lack of trust.

After all, he had just broken that.

Instead his legs were now sliced apart like butter as a mighty metallic blade pushed through them with unparalleled might, if it came from man or machine, he couldn't have known, yet it certainly held some emotional strength behind them. The way she lunged forward, those thrusters putting everything she had in a single attack pattern while her ever-so-silent ally sneaked from behind, searing white claws immediately puncturing through his chest like a nail hammered through a flimsy plank, breaking systems that they could not even possibly begind to comprehend what did from a mere look. There was a hiss of melting metal dripping on the floor, a testament to the physical fortitude of those who opposed him as he egotistically stood there and did absolutely nothing. They were amazing, in every way you put it, even their combative mindset had the much-needed concept of not waiting to assault someone.

If only that someone hadn't been Jake Johns...

His face cocked down to his chest, voice now more mechanical than natural. "I told you. There is nothing there anymore." Simultaneously to the laser being prepared, Jake would take the 'offensive', and simply wave his hand, the electricity he controlled charging his hand and attempting to charge the tail's tip with repelling charges, seeking to simply divert the beam away from him, and towards the circle. It seemed, once more, they had forgotten the real dangers. In what would be a fraction of a moment, his right arm bent backwards unnaturally so, reforming itself into a single cannon, and fired a devastating blow on the wall behind them. If the oxygen wasn't being drained fast enough, now they would have an entire vacuum to worry about.

And it was then that his smile widened, his complete focus, one of the many reasons as to why he seemed so aloof even with a literal fist leaking oil from his chest, and severed legs floating about, was to make sure the kids had been saved somehow. Of course he didn't count for a teleporting device, and of course he didn't count on the pods being taken all the same, yet all of this brought a smile back to his face. A major key player had just left their field, and if she could hop around his world? Then who were to say these others couldn't do the same? Teja and Jake, they were opposites, what one could have done, the other could have easily undone, in quite a fashion such as the lights before.

With her out of the picture, though, he had full control again. It was, perhaps, his parting gift as perhaps all of them floated onto space, a perfectly similar present from what they witnessed minutes ago. And from that floating, seemingly broken figure, waves of sparkling, azure energy burst out in a similar fashion to his entire facily, but it was not aimed at their bodies, no. Instead, it was merely addressing their devices. There was a girl entirely made of codings and currents, there were suits with oxygen systems, there were watches that he didn't even think showed the time, there were lots of new toys previously locked from him. Not anymore, as the rays immediately sough to supercharge them into outright lack of functionality, heating it up and potentially disabling them within moments.

The game was still on.