Right Place, Wrong Time [Private]

Roleplay locations.
Annasiel
Administrator

Right Place, Wrong Time [Private]

Post by Annasiel » Thu May 28, 2020 6:19 am

~☀~
It was a cool evening, the sun low on the horizon, sky at that sorta midway point where it was dark enough to hide in the shadows, but bright enough to see in the light. Not exactly the prime time for criminal activity - Rachel knew most people snuck around in the hours after midnight - but unlike the cops and proper heroes, she was stuck working around a curfew. Mom and Dad wouldn't take too kindly to her wandering around downtown at 3 in the morning, and she didn't see a way out of the house without dealing with their noisy alarm system - dumb thing shouted "DISARMED, READY TO ARM" loud enough to wake a fucking ghost.

Most of the shit she got around this time was basic stuff. Drunk people getting a little rowdy, the occasional mugging, mostly in the historic district - shops closed by 7, there, so not a lot of people were left wandering about afterward. It was here that she started her stakeout, perched majestically on her four-speed bike, eyes scanning the few straggling crowds for some sign of trouble. Every few minutes, she had to take her hand off the handlebar to adjust her mask. It was a stupid thing. Party City, two bucks, made of plastic and a nylon string. Made her look like a fucking idiot. It was necessary, though, in the meantime, at least until she could get a better replacement from Kieran.

Fucking Eidolon Martins and his - his -

Nah. She wasn't angry at him. If anything, she should be thanking him for patching up a flaw in her whole - vigilante shebang. He wasn't a bad guy, after they got to talking, if a little bit - sarcastic.

Ha, as if she could judge for that.

She almost decided to call it a night and head home - that happened a lot, around here, Golden Valley wasn't exactly crime central - when the high-pitched ring of an alarm caught her ear. Leaning forward on her bike, she pivoted the bars, screeching to a halt at an alleyway entrance. A quick shortcut brought her several streets over, the alarm growing louder and louder as she did. There - a figure outside of a broken window, bat in her hand, someone slumped on the ground beside her.

Not just burglary - armed robbery. Scary shit.

Not wasting a second, Rachel hit the brakes, leaping off her bike to ram her blooming arm-shield into the face of the criminal.
~☀~
I look in the water and fear what I see
I know it's no stranger but I know it's not me
My life is a lie that was uttered in jest
If I can't change at all, let me rest

Ryoko

Re: Right Place, Wrong Time [Private]

Post by Ryoko » Thu May 28, 2020 7:08 pm

Kore liked dealing with street thugs, especially the ones who came along without any extraordinary powers.

They were silly and stupid. They kinda had to be to attempt a robbery with nothing but guns and masks in a world filled with metahumans. Shit like this? A gang of six thugs trying to rob a jewelry store? It was kinda like playing wack-a-mole at the arcade.

Kore heard the bike pull up, but she didn't bother to acknowledge it at first. The owner of the shop was already long gone and she was still checking the downed thugs to make sure they still had a pulse. She had heard the sound of the bike, but whoever riding it carried so little sin on their soul that she felt little need to check.

She was too busy trying to think of something pompous and witty to say when she finally turned around.

"Officer! I see you're not as late as-"

Bong!

A pain shot through her skull as soon as she turned around. Kore's eyes slammed shut before she even realized what happened, she grit her teeth, and blood splattered out from her nose, down her lips, and onto her black jacket. She hit the ground with a roll and came to a stop on her knees; gripping her potentially broken nose in pain.

"OW! WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM, BITCH!?

She glanced down at the bloody bat in her hands. Surveyed the area and found six men who might've had cracked skulls. The owners of the shop had bailed as soon as they got the chance and weren't around to speak up. Kore's chose of rough, gothic clothing probably didn't help her image either.

"Okay."

Kore raised an open palm. She could accept that this all looked extraordinarily bad. She could accept that the woman probably wouldn't believe her. And she understood that running away would just incriminate her. BUT! There was one thing-

"Listen, I'm the good guy here, okay? It might not look it, but I am. There are security cameras around, yes? That means there's security footage of everything that happened here. Go check it. I uh... I promise from the bottom of my heart that I won't run out that front door while you're back there doing that. I promise.

And then she presented Rachel with a bloody, trustworthy(?) smile.
Active Sandbox Characters: Ryoko/ Kore/ Mina

For all other characters, click here

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Sat May 30, 2020 2:43 am

~☀~
It was the same sorta spiel whenever we showed up. Moment a hero (ha, as if you're a fucking hero, you're just a kid in a mask) walked up, they tended to try and downplay whatever went down, talk their way out if it, play the victim. Just a couple weeks ago, a would-be mugger tried to say they were innocent, then swiped at her with a knife when her back was turned. She'd been lucky Kieran was there, then.

But - he wasn't here now. There wasn't anyone to stop a knife she couldn't see.

"Good guy, huh? Guess you won't mind dropping your bat on the ground, then?" She moved closer, near the streetlamp. One hand still ready with the shield, she pushed on the lamppost with the other. Sturdy enough. "I'm gonna tie you to this, then call the cops. If you're innocent as you say, you'll be a-okay with this - they're not, like, fucking LAPD or anything."

She reached into her pocket and pulled out a pair of handcuffs. She didn't ask where Kieran found them. She didn't want to know.
~☀~

Ryoko

Post by Ryoko » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:46 pm

"No, you're not."

Instead of falling to the floor in compliance with the girl's wishes, the bat rose even higher. Gripping the esoteric steel in her hands, Kore aimed the weapon directly at her face as a blatant declaration of her defiance. She had no idea why this armored asshat thought that she deserved any respect from her, but she damn sure wasn't about to let some kid her own age put a pair of cuffs on her.

Especially when she hadn't done a single fucking thing wrong.

"I don't know who the fuck you think you are, but you ain't momma and you're not wearing any badge that I've ever seen before. You put your hands on me and I'll crack your skull like every other lowlife in this fucking place."

She pulled the weapon back and let it rest over her shoulder, but she didn't move an inch or take her hands off of this self-righteous asshole holding a pair of cuffs. What kind of sadist fuck just walks around a pair of those in their pocket, anyway?

"Fuck. Off."

Her delivery was emphatic. Deliberate. Loud. Kore had already come to the realization that Ms. Wannabe Cop was a little hard of hearing. Or maybe just so focused on hitting her mark that she didn't care if it was the right one. Either way, Kore wasn't interested. But she wasn't going to run, either. People were fucking assholes who clung to shortcuts in logic whenever they deluded themselves into thinking that they had found one. If she bolted now, she'd just give the "hero" here more ammo to use against her.

So, no, that wasn't happening.

She was gonna sit her ass right here until she could deal with the actual authorities. And she didn't mind playing one more round of whack-a-mole if that's what she had to do.

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:21 am

~☀~
Y'know, maybe she was a hero - or, a vigilante, at least. Rachel hadn't seen her face before, but that didn't count for nothing. New people cropped up every day.

Still -

God, she was itching for a fight, though. It'd been a long day, nothing had happened, and this bitch was standing here mouthing her off like she wanted to start shit. That was a bad idea, though. Really bad.

"Look, fine," she said, reaching for the girl's wrist. "You don't wanna wait for the cops, I'll just bring you to them. Give a testimony of what happened, and if everything checks out, you're cool. Okay?"
~☀~

Ryoko

Post by Ryoko » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:01 am

Maybe if Kore thought that this vigilante standing in front of her was a better listener, she would've kept talking to her. Maybe if this vigilante had just taken a look at the footage in the back, she wouldn't have felt the need to handcuff her. But, now, the little devil was silent. Just watching Rachel approach her with a scowl in her face and a raised brow.

A metallic bat clangs against the floor.

The moment that the girl's hand drew close, Kore would grab her by the wrist, pull her forward, take one half-step towards her, then drive her ashy, white knuckles into that girl's face with as much force as that sudden burst of momentum could provide; hopefully filling the jewelry store with the sound of bone slamming against soft cheek meat.

If Kore's words couldn't adequately express her feelings, then maybe her fist would. At the very least, Rachel would have a better understanding of her stance on this entire debacle. Maybe, after she was guilty of committing a crime like this, she'd have been more compliant for fear of bringing down the wrath of the upper-tier crime fighters soaring through the sky nowadays. Today, though?

She had no intention of letting herself be bound by this bitch, or anyone, until she had actually done something to fucking deserve it.