Duskbürg [Millennium Sub-District]

Roleplay locations.
Azra
Bronze

Re: Duskbürg [Millennium Sub-District]

Post by Azra » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:32 am

Reminds Me When I was A Babysitter

Martyr was what she went by, even in a time before this she made sacrifices for others. Watching kids so others could do things, they weren't always pleasant times. Needy, clingy wanted to play the same level of a game repeatedly. And given who she was sometimes things didn't go as planned. "Hey baby sit for us" was actually code for "our kid has eaten three other baby sitters and is hungry". Sure it sounds crazy, but one doesn't forget the first time they perform a lethal wrestling move to save their ass, cause the gimmick filled reality tv show was the thing on at the time. In short the company didn't scare her so much as remind Megan of pile drivers.

They weren't here for her though. And the woman didn't much mind letting them just go about their business. The blood was spilled to draw them in and it had done so. There was likely a "easy as taking candy" joke one could make to the moment but her own creative juices weren't finding any. Although it was nice to know there wasn't a need to tell someone to clean their plate, way the tongues ran along the concrete said that wasn't a concern. Attention wasn't on the kids though but the woman to make herself known.

Floating was the figure, the arrival a interesting one to say the least. Mostly Megan was just envious though that wings had become clothes it looked like. Which was very cost efficient, blood stains were a pain to remove and bullet holed clothes eventually didn't look bad ass so much as trashy. Features weren't exactly making a girl swoon but wasn't bad if Megan was being honest. She had seen some not so pretty skulls when guns or bats met faces and at the very least the woman looked still like a person.

"Thanks, I tried to do stand up comedy for a bit was a real killer show. Turns out though they don't like criminal clientele being lit on fire." Megan remarked with a smile and shrug, a dark humored but bright personality was kind of what she looked to portray. A perceptive eye might catch though that the woman was haunted, those weren't the eyes of someone who started fires but who had been set on fire. It wasn't the eyes of a killer but someone who had seen countless cared for die. "Also it was a pop culture reference I was saying you looked better. Anyway..."

She offered a hand, blood stained and bruised knuckles but not devoid of softness. Her grip should it be taken was soft and kind before tight and comforting. "Name's Megan Sleyn, figured I enjoy a collar enough it's an accessory I may actually have spares of. And it sounded like you might have a mut problem that could use said collars." There was probably clearer ways to say such a thing but the jokes were something she was fond of. Attempts at humor were the one thing that helped her stick to fighting others rather than herself.

Lord of Nothing

Post by Lord of Nothing » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:49 am

Much darkness lies beneath that plucky exterior of yours, doesn't it?

And yet in spite of these thoughts the woman does still smile. Though as time grows, it goes from being less of the smile of a mischievous demon and more than of someone more amicable and of better intentions. The woman had come to slay werewolves after all! Ones who had proven to be a bit of a problem which needed to be quelled. The vampires knew well that there was much power to be had in many a quirky individual. Humans who were not like other humans and had power much above those others. Or even those who were like Donovan, who had proven himself quite useful from skills in combat and leadership alone. A little boost with some blood and he was taking on a S.W.A.T. team with a greatsword, she'd heard. A near suicidal run. Coincidentally correlating to the woman who stood before her, outside of Karine's knowledge.

"Oh really? Interesting." She said in response to the woman's background. Then extends her talon clad hand with a pleasant smile towards. The girl spared the woman's claws that sat at the end of long, spindly finger and given the soft flesh of her palm and the rest of the finger. The inside was often much like the girl's own. Only it remained the same relative firmness all throughout. Another clawed hand motioning to herself.

"Karine." She says simply to the woman. The reference had alluded her. In consuming the souls she had, none of them seemed to be familiar with the movie by which she was referencing. She had tastes that were "You may refer to me as "Kary" if you like. Megan." She chimed.

"And here I thought I was going to have to slit your throat! That you were some pesky hunter or yet another vigilante of some kind. Or at least. The troublesome kind, anyway. Strange. So what's a cute little thing like you doing trying to be involved with such a creature as myself, hmmm? What drives you so?"
Last edited by Lord of Nothing on Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sandbox

Lethe, The Once Reaper
Voracious, The Vampire Vagabond
Vas, The Shadow Man
Amaranth, The Ultimate Life-Form
Jackal, The Devil's Dog

Concepts

Varcolac, The Cursed Cartel
Nosferatu, The Damned Descendants of the Darkblood

List of all characters across every sub-forum: Here!

Azra
Bronze

Re: Duskbürg [Millennium Sub-District

Post by Azra » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:14 pm

Would It Be Bad To Say I Want That?
Megan had only recovered from a slit throat once, she was relatively convinced a decapitation was the one way to do her in. Apart of her did want it to, she would instinctively clutch her throat when it was opened and then in a little while it would heal. That was her life taking in enough pain to want death but never dying. So a jest of being killed, it was almost an inviting proposition. Helped being called cute, there was as such likely worse hands one could die in. The topic wasn't her death though so she cracked a smile and continued.

The hand was surprisingly human, least that's how Megan took it. She expected that while nails were on point the hand might be like leather but that wasn't so. "Everyone goes through shit, and can't save everyone. Was catching wind though that things may get more violent then they need be so I'm here. I like getting my ass kicked or doing the kicking as any vigilante with mental trauma, which is all of them. I just have also a certain way of doing things."

A morbid outlook most times and leaning towards the unfiltered violence made her not quite the person for publics headlines. "My understanding Karen is that at least your people have a sort of policing the place vibe to it. Which it needs and the only friendly fire I like is when it's my back being stabbed. Which means I'm on your side, one half healer, one half blood letter, and one half just amusing goth chick." There was probably better ways to give ones resume and credentials but that wasn't her way. Instead she tried to point out her loyalty and to give the most tldr version of what she offered. It helped that the bodies to feed on kind of showed her potential anyway.

Lord of Nothing

Post by Lord of Nothing » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:19 pm

Well look at that Vas. It seems you actually have done it.

For all these centuries, she was accustomed to remaining in the shadows. Operating through proxies. Having untraceable leads. And leaving the majority of humanity in the dark. And yet here, it seemed almost as though the Nosferatu managed to seamlessly integrate with the criminal infrastructure. And gradually take it over.

"Oh finally! Some appreciation around here! Mm. I feel bad saying that. I am new to this town." The tip of her talons touch her lips. "But these truly are trying times. Even for this city. So we step in! Policing seems a profitable venture when an entire division is convicted of mass murder and condoning sex trafficking. We provide that which others do not. Simple." Which sounded bad, but at the end of the day, they'd all just slept with a prostitute. A very attractive one. Supernaturally so.

"So it would seem that our protection services are actually rather necessary. We need some semblance of order around here. But if people want to fuck, gamble, do drugs, drink or what have you then who cares? Let them. This place could really use some fun. It could be such a lovely vacation hub!" There was a smile as she thought of that. Though, this wasn't her real place. So her time here was a little bit limited. Her children did need her after all. And they weren't here.

Best to make use of whatever time they do have.

The Nosferatu moves a bit closer, seeking put her arm behind the woman in an almost too friendly way. And guide her further down the alleyway. Rejection of the gesture just meant that she would walk, and laugh a little bit. The children were just about done feeding. And they were all quite full. People probably going to ask who these poor souls were. And when they did, just letting it fade into memory was all too easy. Just another statistic, as far as Duskburg. And now, they were useful. The corpses the woman had killed rose up. Well. Except for the one man who she'd blown up. Even by Nosferatu standards, someone who had been blown into little giblets smeared along the wall.

But in such extreme cases, rats appeared from the wet works and began nibbling on the otherwise useless remains. It wasn't as though the man could likely afford a proper burial anyway. But maybe someone will fork up some cash for a tombstone. It seemed however otherwise that the memory of the man was apt to be obliterated. The corpses turned to ghouls. And they walked themselves away, disappearing into the sewers and to the shadows.

It became as though they were never here. Just another shooting in Duskburg.

"If you'll help us we'll be more than glad to have you." Job interviews didn't need to be formal. Particularly not when you were trying to share beds with a multi-national drug cartel.

"So, you mentioned offering your services. Healing. I see that you'd been shot." She motions to the woman's midriff by pointing at the area she'd been shot with a clawed talon -- Despite not being there at the time. "Yet you seem rather fine. So I would presume you're a metahuman and that you can heal? That's useful. Oh and...."

She shows her teeth as she grins, tapping her chin thoughtfully.

"There is the whole matter of payment. How ever can I...or we repay you for such a thing? It doesn't have to be money. Surely there is something you want. I can't make any promises....but I can hear you out for things that are reasonable. But don't be afraid to ask. You might be surprised!"
Sandbox

Lethe, The Once Reaper
Vas, The Shadow Man
Jackal, The Devil's Dog

Concepts

Azra
Bronze

Post by Azra » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:02 pm

Great For Vacation Cards I'm Sure.
A laugh escaped the gothic themed punk rather amused at imagining Duskburg as a vacation hub. Other shirts might have art of beaches and high rises, what would here be? Cocain and sex workers maybe? Where other cities were known for say art and beauty here it could be violence and hard liquor. It had about the marketability of a cheep Vegas hotel that had been out of business for a decade. Was amusing though and there was a point to saying it could use the help.

Megan didn't shrink away from the arm over her shoulder. She proved about as open to the act as if it came from a close friend. She rather liked being close to people and being there for them, it was how she got into this mess after all. "I can for a cost distribute or take on pain." She took a moment to look through the ghouls and found one with claw marks on his arm. The feeding from before leaving cuts that didn't matter to the dead, it was good as an example though. Her hand touches the wound, a mix of green and violet light briefly and then the shambling body is moving on devoid of the claw marks. Meanwhile a bit of blood flowed down Megan's arm as an identical wound was now on her, it'd heal fine she wasn't to worried about it more was just for an examples sake.

"There's other tricks but that's the core function, taking or inflicting pain to achieve something. As for payment I'm open to suggestions. I'm not exactly going to get a branding deal so some payment is good what I want though is something I can't just go through with." She couldn't simply resign herself to death it needed to be through work, and that was really all she wanted to take the pain from others or to cease feeling everyone's pain. She wasn't so idealistic as to think crime could stop, but she did think until she passed on she might be able to thin the amount of casualties and loss.

"Unless maybe...How many guns can you get for a girl? Some like roses, some like weapons for their book to try and replicate." She wasn't certain if it would work, Megan was fairly certain though she could get her tome to add other forms of ordinance to its list of options. Would also just be nice to have more things to hit people with without trying to drain herself of blood or inflicting self harm.

Lord of Nothing

Post by Lord of Nothing » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:31 am

The girl laughed as Karine found herself laughing with her. It had been quite some time since she'd found someone who was...amicable in that way. Mature. The typical people who were subservient to her were of the more tragic sort. Much like the woman standing with her. Which was all fine and dandy. But she was different in that in spite of this, she still seemed to maintain a sense of humor. Much more pleasant company. Different.

Blood. The scent hit her nose immediately as she demonstrated her abilities. An interesting power of course. And a useful one. But all that just sitting there on her arm. She was well fed of course and if she wanted to she could abstain. The problem more so was that she didn't want to. And well, the woman was bleeding rather heavily. "Oh my. I'm sorry, if you'll allow me...." Though she did not seem to wait for permission.

Spoken as her jaw begins to slowly unhinge and and the lower section begins to bisect. Her mouth opens into nearly three parts. And her tongue seems to morph, extending as it pulls more of a long tendril from between the throat. The dense, compressed mass of dense muscle becomes functional as it stretches.

And the tendril begins to extend well around the woman without ensnaring her. Then proceeds to move up and down, lapping up the blood in her wound but not draining it. Quite the opposite. The saliva seems to feel rather good, negating pain and causing goosebumps to spawn as "tingles" resonate from the wound of contact. Pain is negated and the wound sticks together and begins to heal. Almost as though the wound was never actually there.

The tendril is pulled back in shortened and her mouth turns back into a pile. As though nothing had ever really happened.

"Well. I can get you a great many guns. Rather easily in fact. And of all kinds. From rifles to Machine guns to those..." A wave of her hand and she tries to think of the word in english, being unfamiliar with the specific names of such weapons as a whole. "Rocket Launchers or Bazookas people seem to be so fond of."

She giggles admittedly at the implications behind what she's saying.

"Play your cards right and perhaps I can get you something Assurance rated. If you would like that." While she was unfamiliar with guns due to a lack of need to ever use them. But she thought that she'd like that.
Sandbox

Lethe, The Once Reaper
Vas, The Shadow Man
Jackal, The Devil's Dog

Concepts

Azra
Bronze

Post by Azra » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:47 am

I Mean Could Be Worse
One might say bleeding around a vampire was a bad idea, and they would be entirely right. The audience of children probably would have jumped Megan if not for the vampire at her side to be honest. Not that opening veins around the woman was necessarily wise either, "Uh I'd rather n..." to late as a mouth opened and moved towards the wound.

She had seen a lot of awful and questionable sights, Megan had even in essence inflicted such on herself at times to spare someone else the pain. None of it quite compared to the visuals before her though. A jaw up hinging and peeling open, in an empty alley one could here the stretching and squelching of things. It was hard to describe how the mouth looked beyond details of insides someone didn't necessarily want to see. While the tongue looked more like a creature in a horror film or questionable animation. Surprisingly though despite coiling about her there was no bite or act of aggression.

The act ended up more tickling and relaxing then visceral. To a point a laugh even escaped the Martyr, there was something to it almost comforting. It was at least on some levels better then what Duskburg was known for when it came to pleasantries. As for any blood taken in during the exchange it likely was very different than most. There was an arcane nature to who the goth was, the blood likely tasting sweet almost like candy from the magical properties and reflection of someone good hearted. There likely was also the a coppery and or meaty quality to it, as her body was constantly bruised and battered do to such magic.

"That how you greet every lady or am I special? Anyway Sable here can take on a replication of other guns. Would be nice to get my hands on some additional options. Not to mention sometimes a girl doesn't want to give up blood just to shoot a bitch." She made light of the action and gave an appreciative smile before she gestured to the grimoire on her hip. The book becoming a weapon when needed. Other than that though she stuck to simply following the Nosferatu, still not opposed to being overly close.

Lord of Nothing

Post by Lord of Nothing » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:13 pm

There was something amusing in the thought of disgust. The Drinker of Orphans seemed amused by whole prospect, watching as the she looked at her with such discomfort.

Before her time as a Nosferatu, Karine was considered to be a thing of almost natural beauty. One who was waited on hand and feet and had everything she could ever possibly want. And yet it was never meaningful. It was all the same. They gave her more and more. But none of it really mattered because it wasn't really the thing she wanted. It wasn't really a choice. It was compensation. And alternative to her desires. This was the first choice the woman had ever had.

Her tongue swivels in her mouth, as if to savor the taste. It was sweet. And rather unique in the subtle taste of something more esoteric than the run of the mill metahuman. Something which wasn't genetic. That was rare among humans now-a-days. Maybe every now and again during the great many witch hunts, she would find someone who is actually a witch about to burned at the stake. But otherwise, it was something which generally declined. The mage was few and far in between these days.

"Well. Maybe you are a little bit special." The woman says, her fingers pinching down to indicate something small. There is thought as to how much she should give her. The girl was cute and agreeable but that wasn't necessarily good for business. Not to mention that she would rather not given her a nice fancy and expensive gun only for her to run off with it. Assurance weapons were rather hard to come by. She whispers something and her children are off. She doesn't seem like that kind of person, but you can never.

She stops, and lets the woman go, walking out in front of her.

"Tell you what. I'll get you something to start out with. Consider it a starter's fee. And then after I'll see if I can't get you something a bit more special."

A polite smile as she claps her hands. And voila. With in moments, an FAL just drops into her hands. She stares idly at it for a few seconds. And she clutches the rifle with conviction. As she is convinced.

"This quiiite a powerful rifle from what I am told. The normal sort.Not really the kind you can fire all willy nilly when people are far. But it similar to a sniper. Powerful. Good at a range! And..." She extends her other hand. And an M4 Shotgun falls into it.

One of the vampire children wave from wave above. And the woman eagerly waves back.

"This shotgun. For closer range encounters." It was about as far as one who someone familiar with the ways of tooth and claw knew. "Some Silver bullets are on the way. But sadly such a thing can't be made overnight. We are in rather short supply. For right now these would probably be good mostly for shooting their eyes out or something. But perhaps I can put you at the front of the line for that before a large shipment comes in. "

She takes the guns with one hand offering it with the swiftness and handling befitting a bouquet.

"Might I ask where your staying?" With each suggestion, her smile grows. "I mean, maybe you do have a place. But perhaps I can get you a better one. Maybe! If you'd like, you could sleep at my place tonight?" The Pale, Goblin featured woman chuckled for a moment as she gave her suggestion in a way like a question.

"No pressure." She teased.
Sandbox

Lethe, The Once Reaper
Vas, The Shadow Man
Jackal, The Devil's Dog

Concepts

Azra
Bronze

Post by Azra » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:21 pm

I'm Not Special
For awhile the banter was fun, a welcome escape there recently as well though was the unique intimacy one got with a vampire. So it was that unlike Megan's previous antics the complement had her recoil. It felt a little closer and from that came hauntings to her mind because the people she helped came at a price.

She could remember a loved one or loved ones dying in her arms. Could recall moments when brothers in arms lay at her feet bleeding out from shrapnel. She was able to reflect on moments when she drove sharp objects into a loved one. Guilt and loss could weigh the soul down so the vigilante took that pain for herself. It was worth it, to allow those people to be able to return to a life they could find solace in. The check she had to sign for their liberation though was compiled onto her own soul. For a brief moment the air became cold as winter, and the alleyway seemed darker. While she wasn't able to summon a literal rain cloud there was a feeling as if one was almost actually over her head.

She bit her lip, briefly clinched her fist and with that returned to a smile. "More a martyr then anything special, sorry about that. I get to close and suddenly I'm reminded what close means when drifted away." Megan took the bouquet for a moment playing off the act. The smell of gunpowder and iron wasn't eaxtly roses and dandelions but they may as well have been to her. Sure it wasn't anything to outweigh or improve Sable but it did mean Sable could be reserved a bit more often. Such weapons would be of use, plus she also just liked hoarding weapons when she could, they were a comfort.

"Not to be greedy, but if you get yours truely silver munitions I'm likely to always have them. It's a small time investment really is a bargain." She mused, all smiles and an upbeat tone as she pushed her self loathing nature back down. "And no, not yet. Figured I might be bitten open or kicking in a pimp's jaw so would likely be dead or have options. Why you offering a sleep over? I have to warn you I hog covers, and I only way I paint nails is black or black with skulls." Megan of course joked as usual, was true though that was some years ago however. Not only because of outgrowing that teen angst, but also because she saved her friend from her own self hate. Do to this Megan wasn't able to look said friend in the eyes without wanting to digest a bullet. The other part of the line was just a simple truth though, she just always took every inc of a blanket se could get to stay warm.

Lord of Nothing

Post by Lord of Nothing » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:22 am

"Hmmmm..." She hums audibly, seemingly almost amused by the girl's repulsion. The Baleful Baba Yaga had grown rather used to rejection. Almost even amused by how much she could make someone disgusted. But this person seemed to be vexed by something else.

Her expression shifts from something of amused to something more precocious and almost predatory. There is a watching of the eyes and she moves slightly so as to see if the eyes still follow. But it becomes clear that they are staring at something else. Scars upon the girl's poor soul. And yet in the nature of the Nosferatu to be drawn to the downtrodden. The rejects. The outsiders. The unstable, irredeemable and the insane. Where other see uselessness, they see both opportunity and/or perhaps in some cases....kinship. Of course, Karine's nature even as a human lead her to lead a life of a few regrets. But there were some.

Then it seemed the woman returned and then smiled. And Karine smiled back. When Megan took the bullet-bouquet she felt elated. "I'll be sure to get you some as soon as I can then." Though it was a knee jerk reaction. One she had to quietly quell.

"Because I like you." She said rather bluntly and unabashedly. "You see, I am never alone. Yes. This is true." She makes a motion and when of her "children" appear, bounding straight from the rooftop and landing on the street with very little noise. The one Nosferatu child walks up to her Mother and she gently caresses the top of the child's scalp. It coos, making an oddly soft nose like that of large cat. "But it does not fill my every need. I crave the company of one who is more, mature. A friend as opposed to a son or daughter would be the easiest way to put it. The men who rove the streets under our Cartel are hardly my "type." And I am hardly theirs." She lets the child go. And they jump up, ascending the walls of the fire escape in a manner not unlike that of a scaled up lizard.

"You are amusing. And oddly accepting. Compared to most humans..." The Vampire Lord allowed herself that moment of apparent weakness. Though if not for the dual purpose of expression and to become perhaps more appealing.
Sandbox

Lethe, The Once Reaper
Vas, The Shadow Man
Jackal, The Devil's Dog

Concepts