Duskbürg [Millennium Sub-District]

Roleplay locations.
Azra
Bronze

Re: Duskbürg [Millennium Sub-District

Post by Azra » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:47 am

Shit Would Family Disaprove
Again Megan finds herself laughing, between the words spoken and her own thoughts there was enough to keep a small flame still going. Somewhere in all that melancholy was a light that still fought off the shadows. As this went on it almost sounded closer to the beginnings of that other pairing that had the word friend in it but was more. Now the gothic savior by self harm had brought a fair share of people to her home growing up. Some men some women, some were intentionally met and some accidental. She had a thing for strays and sometimes those hurt while sometimes it had been something she hated to lose. Both kinds were lost though, eventually she felt whatever this was would crash and burn in a beautiful inferno to bring her mortal soul a bit closer to hell. The best thing someone could likely say, that she could say was no.

She wasn't a hero though, or able to give up on a chance to remind herself why she kept going. "If you need it and it's something I can provide I don't mind doing what I can. I do like this, not much for kids but I can't turn down being there for others." She considered saying the damned or lost but that seemed to negative. This way also sounded more open, if nothing else getting closer could provide more information.

"It's more than a physical gift what I do. I've cured insanity, eased people from their hate directed inwards. I'm not a saint but I've seen shit, and like to think no face I meet is exclusively shit." She smiled tried to find a way to explain things with a positive element. The cards were on the table though, she got cut and could give it to someone else. Whatever mental curses she lifted had that same weight. So she opened her hand not holding guns inviting the smaller creature of the night to get close if wanted. A hug or a bite equally unopposed by Megan, she was pretty sure she wasn't turntable and that nobody would be allowed to just drain her dry. So she figured what was the harm?

Equally she moved to get close to the woman to return to being held some. She doubted the vampire would be all that warm but the Martyr likely could provide some warmth. "I imagine it's no short walk, anything interesting to tell? About the cartel enemy. Or better yet you?"

Lord of Nothing

Re: Duskbürg [Millennium Sub-District]

Post by Lord of Nothing » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 pm

If the vampire could blush she would.

It was nice to have someone in her lair she didn't have to drag or trick into going there. Most people were appalled by the Drinker of Orphans, with even some men in the Varcolac not liking her or her methods.

"Oh don't worry. The kids shouldn't bother us."

The child looked at megan's hand. And then to the mother. As if for permission. And intuitively the mother knew. She whispered, her voice taking on some supernatural undertones. The child heard in her head regardless of the distance. And all the other children who observed had heard it as well. Though it was more so for the understanding that permission was required.

"Briefly. And gently."

The child turned back to megan and slowly approached. She grasped the Megan's hand with both and then much in the way the mother displayed, the child's jaw opened up. And from the child's tongue came the stinger, the rest of it being drawn up from the throat. A singular needle like blade injected near painlessly into the radial vein. Not the artery. Just like how mother had instructed. The venom induced a more euphoric effect. One that made being fed on pleasant. Painless. And more likely to come back for more.

The mother watched. Admittedly a bit more envious and jealous than she would like to admit.

"Good to know! We do a little bit of therapy ourselves actually. Mostly in concerns to addiction. We vampires ourselves are quite resistant to many forms of alteration. However...I'm sure there are a great many of our own who could benefit from your services. Our homeless shelters do house a great many insane." A smile and now, she motioned the child to stop. " That's enough. Run along now, dear." She said politely.

They indicated that they should walk and well, she wasn't much for walking through the streets and having people stare at her. Most often she would simply sore above the people or slither about any number of places. "Let's take the scenic route." With that she showed. The child had begun to nimbly clamber up the walls, while Karine herself looked up and abruptly jumped up the entire building in one singular bound. Ascending over a dozen stories in the blink of an eye. Her child soon making it up with her.

There was a fire escape if she needed it ultimately. And Karine was rather patient. It came with age. There was also the fact that she wanted to see how mobile the girl was. How well she could get places vertically. Perhaps she could get up just the same.

Once she was up, the Nosferatu would begin to speak, walking along the roof top. "Interesting? Me. Well, as much as I do like to talk about myself, the enemy is probably more important. The enemy faction is more of composite of vampires and werewolves actually as a matter a factily. The werewolves however are treated much like second class citizens from what I understand. They seem to hate all vampires. Which includes us. For some reason. But you never know. The Lord of Duskburg is out of town. And we don't know much about the wolves in question beyond what we observe. For all we know, the vampires could be the cause of this. Oh and they have other kinds halflings too. Wolves are the main ones. But there are also like foxes. Fire-breathing Reptiles. Mice. Wolves. And apparently some sort of hybrids between Vampires and werewolves. Enough for one to have one of those...."furry conventions?" I believe that is what they are called. Yes?"

She chuckles a bit to herself. That was a good reference, right? At least she knew what that was.

"For us I'm afraid it's just my kind and yours. Along with a great many what we call ghouls -- lesser vampires essentially who are easy to control but limited in their use of non-physical and complex abilities. And whatever we might summon up of the local urban wildlife. I am called a Nosferatu Vampire. One many breeds that have walked each corner of the planet."
Sandbox

Lethe, The Once Reaper
Voracious, The Vampire Vagabond
Vas, The Shadow Man
Amaranth, The Ultimate Life-Form
Jackal, The Devil's Dog

Concepts

Varcolac, The Cursed Cartel
Nosferatu, The Damned Descendants of the Darkblood

List of all characters across every sub-forum: Here!

Azra
Bronze

Post by Azra » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:15 am

Would Have Preffered Walking
It absolutely made sense that a method not so public was better than walking down the streets. That said the soothing pain numbing feeling of a vampire bite wasn't going to make up for the request to show off. Maybe it wasn't quite a request but when someone who seemed to like Megan jumps up a building it seemed like to much of an implication to keep up. Of course she could just swallow her pride and take a ladder, play it safe but her mental state was a bit to much to allow that course of action.

An exhale leads jade bangs to dance as the huntress brings her hands together for a moment. Her abilities could be cast more on the fly but she wanted to show off. A show something to treat others with, some small spark of joy and mystery given. Her hands glowed, a violet light and then a jade and crimson sea of particles began to swirl around her arms and legs. Veins began to bulge and muscles became more pronounced. Then came the negative side effects, the smell of fire, of flesh meeting heat. Skin exposed turning a bit red before her stance lowered.

A kick against the concrete and the scattered trash and pieces of who knows what bounced around from the force. A web of cracks races from the origin point. It takes her upwards and a hand grips an air conditioner on the side of a building, her hand shoves it to clatter and scatter broken below but working well as a means to get higher up. A left foot kicks against the brick wall making a hole and with that enough of the building was traversed for Megan to go for Sable. The chain extends briefly before coming undone and a book is opened, that book in a blur of silver and red forming into a rifle. A grappling hook fires from the under barrel and hooks to the roof and then Martyr pulls with all her might.

A flip for apeal and three point landing for style a scarlet and emerald trail of starlight helping mark her path the vigilante reaches the surface. "If anyone looked up a skirt they'd best not comment on it." She remarked with a laugh, standing back up but not letting the incantation given she would likely need it more. The laugh continuing at the convention remark. "Well now it's sounding like you got lucky I came around. Versatility can mean a lot and does sound like they have that going for them. Though not sure I'd say you've my kind. Last thing I'd want is someone being like me, it's a different look but there's an apeal there." Unlike her mind, Megan long sense convinced her brain would look prettier knocked out of her than it did now on the inside. "Besides silver munitions do you have additional plans? Considered perhaps tranquilizers or ways to use drugs for things like smoke grenades?" That last one sounded like a bit of a stretch but she did like the idea of it. Granted maybe that was someone else's addiction talking.

Lord of Nothing

Post by Lord of Nothing » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:22 pm

There was a pleased smile as she watched the girl ascend, leaving a crater behind in her leap and then. There was a bit of surprise on the Vampire Lord's face as the woman left the crater there. But then again, you never knew what to expect from magical types.

"Oh. Perhaps I shouldn't have jumped up first." She said, laughing a little bit. "We are. I am so accustomed to the vigilante type that automatically hates us. Tries to stamp us out. And everyone is worse of because of that. You are a refreshing change. But oh I've already said that before. Although, you seem to doubt that I like having you around. You're pleasant. Really!" She said amicably. It really was a long time since she'd talk to someone who was like her. But the girl did mention the physical part. "And you mages are rather versatile." Though the woman found that she would have liked the girl even if she wasn't as useful.

"Don't worry about your look. You look fine." The Nosferatu woman rather liked the silk dress she had. But it more so had to do with the practical aspect that her abilities caused her body to shift and change so much. And the armor would not change with it. Such mortal protection would only serve to hold her back.

There came time to talk of plans and there was a moment of consideration. After all, all things considered, she just met the girl. There was an unsureness as to whether or not she should divulge the entire plan. After all, left to her own devices she could just run over to the wolves. There was a way she had to word it so as to not give too much of it away. But the woman had a right to know a lot, The wolves probably already know that they'd managed to acquire some high tech weaponry. Some of the best that money could. Up to and including things to tear into tanks and level buildings.

"We aren't sure about the tranquilizer. Maybe it can slow them down. But that would be inefficient. A novel idea. But expensive and not guaranteed. We more intended to use well, control over the city's infrastructure. Something over which we've ensured we have tight control over. As well as massive, meta-killing firepower of Assurance weaponry." Her smile shifted, growing ear to ear as rows of shark like teeth were put on more prominent display. And her features adjusting subtly to make her smile took up a little more than half her face.

"I hope you don't mind fighting in the dark. Some things? It will be hard to tell how they unfold. But we'll see when we get there how they work. Ideally, we should be able to put someone of your caliber up against someone important. Someone prominent and important. Leaders. The strongest. And the others can ideally just hold their own for some time. We have some contingencies. But there is still only so much we know about how well this will play out."
Sandbox

Lethe, The Once Reaper
Vas, The Shadow Man
Jackal, The Devil's Dog

Concepts

Azra
Bronze

Post by Azra » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:05 am

I Like Her
Fondness of the vampire aside though Megan had to wonder if she chose the right side. This did seem the nobler cause, but they had Meta Killing weapons and apart of the Martyr wanted to be on the receiving end. Maybe then she could sleep, could escape the corners of her mind black as night and always drawing the walls closer and closer inwards. At the ideas refusal do to cost she smiled though. "Maybe don't buy a bunch of them just aquire a few, snipers or just a spare tranquilizer gun for your's truly." She gestured to her rifle, she removed the magazine which was an empty thing. A thought however and the soft sound of rending flesh could be heard as the magazine extended a needle into Megan. Then within a moment and the scent of blood the magazine was full. "I like other guns when I can, but I do have a cost efficient way of having unique ammo."

The few flirtatious remarks did help lift her spirits some but she chose not to dwell on them to long. Wasn't quite what she had meant, she didn't worry about her looks. The appealing or detestable goth chick who was surprisingly kind of upbeat was her vibe. What she loathed was internal, her way of helping turning her "soul" blacker and blacker with every action. "I'm fine in the dark, of course it's more fun when you can see everything though." Which was where the Martyr decided to let her tone slip into a bit of innuendo. Sure the topic was violence but her voice might of suggested a different kind of fun.

Doing her best to stay useful and on topic though she continued. "Do we know who their leaders are? Is it possible to strike a few early? A gang war seems inevitable but I'd rather make the war zone as small as possible, kicking in a few dog houses early doesn't seem a bad call." It also was just a chance to see eachother at work which was a thought the morbid vigilante rather liked the idea of.

Lord of Nothing

Post by Lord of Nothing » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:42 pm

"Mm. Maybe."

In all reality, her area of "expertise" was in controlling the children. They all loved her. Vas however was the one who had total control of the operations of all of the Varcolac. While he himself may be young, his time in the drug cartel business managing and manipulating humans made him the best for an overall leader. She herself was no brute and no dummy, but her heart rest in excitement and passion, which included fighting on the battlefield with her children.

While she couldn't give the girl an immediate answer, she seemed to find the thought appealing. They knew that the Werewolves would attack. With whom and when was another question. While on their turf, Vas offered the advantage in his ability to conjure up illusions. His was mind control on a massive scale. Hers she liked to think of as something more....personal. Intimate. And very powerful on the individual. She knew the names of all of her children. While Vas treated his men well, she wasn't sure that he could say the same for each and every one of his men.

"Maybe the light will be better for you. Given your abilities, I'll likely be transporting you myself to where you are most useful. And taking on whoever is the most important."

A leap and she practically floats over the gap in the alleyway onto a new rooftop. There was one man stationed there now, smoking a cigarette as a friend looked on. They wore heavy, baggy clothing to keep them warm. And had tattered sneakers for footwear. The men toted around AK47s and looked upon the pair for a moment. The light showed that they were both human beneath their hoods. Eyes a bit bloodshot. Expressions neutral and calm, but particularly alert and engaged. They stood up a little bit straight when Karine came around.

Wouldn't want to get caught sleeping after all.

They looked off, noticing the pack of tiny vampires trailing after, ahead of and around them. Sniffing around. Particularly for anyone of wolven inclination. A part of her dislikes the prospect of living in fear.

Aw. Are you asking me out on a date?

"I wouldn't need much to take on some of their men. We don't know who their leaders are at the moment. But I could stand to find out. They're all hold up in the Swamp. Where people dump all the bodies." She would leave Donovan in charge mostly likely, with him holding down the front line along with Vas somewhere in the shadows. They were soon to attack.

She takes another leap. "Almost there." She got a little bit excited about the thought. Maybe then they'd get to talk about themselves. Forget all this. At least for a little while. Until it was time.
Last edited by Lord of Nothing on Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sandbox

Lethe, The Once Reaper
Vas, The Shadow Man
Jackal, The Devil's Dog

Concepts

Azra
Bronze

Post by Azra » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:21 pm

Think She Missed An Innuendo

Megan smiled then took a second to concentrate, a brief violet light escaped from around the eyes as they went bloodshot. They were irritated but bearable as she looked to touch the vampire's shoulder. The creature of the night likely didn't need help seeing in the dark but the Martyr thought it the best way to let one know how she could see things. A red and jade glow might flow from the vampires eyes should Megan be allowed to cast the "spell". If allowed to take one would see the suroundings as sort of spectral the walls and physical plane was all there as it should be. But instead bodies were seen more for the souls inside them. Didn't matter how far inside a structure they were the eyes so long as they could see that far knew where they were.

"I just meant it's more fun to see things in person. Be things A more relaxed fun or the visceral sort the results are fun to watch, doesn't mean I can't work in the dark." With a leap, less floaty granted the Martyr also crossed the gap. She was a bit envious of the jackets, she rather enjoyed skirts so she was willing to accept that amount of cold. A jacket would have been nice though, but knowing her that would be to ravaged sometime today to bother with. If she wasn't going to freeze to death then best not to wear more than necessary that didn't mean she couldn't be envious though.

As for the date a corpse filled swamp wasn't exactly her first choice. Now a grave yard absolutely, the nice moments of life were often appreciated amongst the dead she had found. A swamp though was likely a ghastly haunt, a giggle escaped Megan though as she thought about it more. Of things maybe getting risqué amongst a bunch of slain murderers and criminals. The angry specters maybe enjoying the show more than most would consider comfortable.

"Sorry mind wandered a bit, thought was morbidly amusing. Hey so who were you before all this if you don't mind. Think there was enough work covered better to now just know who I'm working with now" or maybe flirting with was more accurate. Same thing right?

Lord of Nothing

Post by Lord of Nothing » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:45 am

The woman's ear twitched.

Then she turned and saw a hand on her shoulder. And felt it. However, it was not what she had intended sadly. The woman seemed to feel a visible discomfort as the magic attempted to affect her. There was a distortion. A brief, glowing fuzz. And then nothing. Sadly, her brand of vampirism could be both a boon and a bane. For it allowed her to reap no benefit from forces which sought to help or harm. No matter what she willed, the beast would not allow the girl's magic to give the woman any gift outside of what it allowed. There was an attempt to feel it. An attempt to see what it was Megan had wished to gift her.

Karine pulls her shoulder away gently.

"I didn't see it. I'm afraid that does not work on me." She says, frowning. Though it didn't seem to do much more than inconvenience her.

"We're here." She stared off at a large skyscraper. They had reached. Her eyes going all the way to the very top of it. "If you'd like we can walk and take an elevator. Or..." Her face shifted, and she began to smile. A bit sweetly and mischievously.

Slowly her dressed unfolded, texture shifting. Flesh separating and then promptly remolding themselves into something else entirely. Wings. There remained folded so as to conceal her body still. From her skin, a new dress began to spawn. And then her wings extended out. Their texture black and spotted like great horned owl.

A brief stretch as she stands of her toes. Her wings popping the air between joints. Before she holds her arms outstretched. Gesturing her to come if she wished.

"Or we can take the express route." Her smile grew. If she had a heart, it would be beating rather rapidly. Instead she simply got an intense, goose bump like sensation which went about her entire body. She knew that it wasn't exactly a guaranteed yes.....

But that was what made it all the more exciting.
Sandbox

Lethe, The Once Reaper
Vas, The Shadow Man
Jackal, The Devil's Dog

Concepts

Azra
Bronze

Post by Azra » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:28 pm

How I'd Love To Fall

When she was little she was fond of bleak and or edgy poetry of course. She didn't have a tattoo of a raven on her shoulder until she was fifteen but she'd honestly wanted it at least five years before then. As such Megan found much of the following moments enjoyably bitter sweet. Which might be ideal given in many ways that was her personality, she was very much a sour apple. There was some grief or perhaps, frustration that the arcane action could not be shared. Mostly because it meant there might be then later a pain she couldn't take. Shed light herself on fire a hundred times over if it meant someone didn't have to burn. "Let's just say I enjoy fun times being visible but if need be my magic lets me see souls."

It had all started with such a gift, her eyes hurt but from it she saw added color to those around her and later spectral shapes. A young girl seeing the ghosts of the world, the wickedness in neighbor's, and yet also the positive flames that still burned in them. As terrifying as the dead could be it was all just more sad, and so quite early on her life became a twisted one. Sowing up the wounds of those around her by being inflicting them on herself.

She'd fallen for people before, rather partial to trying to being there to pick up the pieces. It'd often crash for her in some capacity but she just continued. This was just a fast developing friendship so far she wasn't that hopeless but imagery of falling she did think would fit. Naturally as well as the offer came her first thought was "yes but drop me."

Megan liked the idea of a daft woman falling for another, so much so they would jump off a roof chasing the other. Rather than hoping to be caught though it would just be a rapid descent. Reaching a peek in an emotional high before heading for thr bottom of the city. Perhaps being so moronic as to try and pour ones heart out in a fall only for the fall to scatter the heart and every other organ onto the asphalt. She was always sick of the misery she endured it could be nice to just hold a hand as it all came to a close. The Martyr continued to push those thoughts down though, made them fall.

"Sure just don't drop me, much as I'd like the rush." She'd look to close the gap, pull herself close enough to be carried off. "Also did you just grow cloths? I'd kill for that."

Lord of Nothing

Post by Lord of Nothing » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:29 pm

"That's good. Though I hope you don't run into anything not alive. Like a lamp post." Karine giggled a bit at the thought of her spotting a vampire. It might be strange to look at the Nosferatu and for Karine to seem almost....dead. Like void. Something devoid of life and of energy rather than with it. Perhaps in something of a crowd, Karine would have sticked out more as this empty, human shaped figure which lacked psionic presence or evidence of a soul. Like a spec of dirt on a light bulb. Something so dark and empty looking that it might stick out some places and be nearly invisible in others.

Though the other "Noble" vampires did seem to be much closer to humanity than they. A funny thought to her would be if they did so register under life forces. The bunch of self-entitled pricks they are. Along with their group of attack dogs so content to be held on a leash. No matter. From what was demonstrated, Megan stood a good chance against either. In her eyes, it might make getting perhaps maybe a little attached to her more worth it.

The girl seemed rather melancholy. And the brief lapses of her expression prompted the almost animistic head tilt as she looked upon her curiously, as she made her choice. But it was replaced soon after with delight as she came into Karine's arms.

The woman's wings enshrouded the two. Enormous enough to briefly blot out the moonlight around the two. "I wouldn't dream of it." With that she began to levitate, laughing at Megan's next comment. "Oh I can imagine. With powers like yours, it must be quite the inconvenience." The wings open up with and with a single flap, they begin to ascend. "Though I will admit, I would love to see you in action"

With an almost evil grin she flaps powerfully.

WOOSH

The rushing of air, as Karine's currently weightless body rapidly ascends, passing by a dozen floor sin a few moments. For some the air might be hard to breath, like sticking your head out of a window in the the highway. Going higher and higher. Until they miss the top of the building entirely and up somewhere half it's length above it. And then almost like a fall, they stop abruptly as she spreads out her wings to break. A sudden stop. Much like the end of impact. Not quite the same or anywhere nearly as painful. But it was a little bit above the run of the mill rollar coaster.

"I hope that was enough." Karine says, beginning to twirl slowly without any apparent need to flap her wings in order to hover. The children do indeed follow, but they must manually climb up the skyscraper. But with it being so dark, people don't seem to notice. The windows open and the kids crawl into their respective room. Close inspection revealed activities including but not limited to wrestling, jumping on beds and gathering in crowds to watch various movies. They would enjoy while they still could. Before they'd have to get into a war-like mind.

But tonight did not seem to be that night.

Soon the came down to balcony wide balcony area of a penthouse with a series of glass doors leading to the exit. The door was open and so she walked in. The area was something suave and which might befit most any millionaire. Though this area was oddly rather bright and pristine, with everything a rather clean looking white. Two stories. A chandelier. A piano. And enough windows to allow light in if there was enough.

Two claps and the lights came on.

"I wouldn't call this place home but it's good enough. This place isn't home for me. A bit too..."hipster" as one might say for my taste." She stretches. "Oh, I'm going to feel old for saying this but I was born rather long ago. Medieval times. Russia. Kings. Queens. Nobles and peasants and all that. As well as your run of the mill tribes and mercenaries. I was born into the more noble actually." She opens the door to her room. Or the room alotted to her. Quaint and modern as a hipster.. It allowed for non of the classic gothic decor she had rather liked. Too obviously

She stares a bit distantly as she remember her past and then plops down quietly on the bed.

"It was rather boring. So I wanted to do something interesting. Like become a hideous blood sucking vampire. It turned out to come in quite in handy as well. I thought a war would be the last place I would want to be in. But this made it easy to hide in the outskirts of society..."

The Drinker of Orphan's arms cross in front of her chest, her lips pursing in thought. Surely she could do better than that to tell a story.

"But I can ramble on for a while. What would you like to know?"
Last edited by Lord of Nothing on Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sandbox

Lethe, The Once Reaper
Vas, The Shadow Man
Jackal, The Devil's Dog

Concepts