Duskbürg [Millennium Sub-District]

Roleplay locations.
Azra
Bronze

Re: Duskbürg [Millennium Sub-District]

Post by Azra » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:47 pm

This Room Is Not My Aesthetic

Megan would be a liar if she said her gut didn't feel twisted and tied up at those words. If anything it was more than most would be when flirted with, given that some of her internal demons dealt with loss. In a sense the Martyr had lost family friends and lovers a plenty, as even if her family was alive she had constantly taken that pain for others. People pushed deep into depression over loss was something she had staved off by pushing them onto herself. It made her at times feel lost and hollow, but also had her wishing for company all the more.

The flight was enjoyable, was a point where the effects of gravity had her feeling stiff and unmovable. She rather liked it though, unmovable and trapped. Then a landing in a place Megan hadn't expected. Who she wasn't so shallow as to think this breed of particular vampire would only call sewers home she also didn't expect something so bright. It was vibrant and pristine,even had a piano. The goth expected an instrument more likely to be a violin, and figured the room would of had far more cooler colors.

Megan was used to cheep motel rooms, and long sense missing her guitar. Granted any garage rock band evidence would never see the light of day if she could help it. This all also meant Megan fealt a bit more at ease when she was informed this wasn't exactly home for the vampire either. The information of being much older didn't bother her much, it was being said after all to the same woman who as a child liked saying Bloody Mary in hopes of talking to the ghost from so long ago. If that had gotten anywhere she was sworn to secrecy on how much. "I just see it as filled with experience. Worked at a elderly care center, never saw them as old just filled with stories. Once for me to also try and make sure stayed remembered in a more positive light."

"Also wouldn't call it hideous, I've seen the uglier side of people. As for what I'd like to know? Anything and everything, I just like being there for people. Normally I also try and take their misery which I doubt I can do for you but that's also an appeal. Because while clearly having seen some shit it doesn't seem to haunt you as much. Least not like others I've met. Tldr I'm just interested plain and simple." She remarked as she set her belongings on a chair. Though the grimoire she called Sable stayed on her hip. She usually just always carried the book/gun on her on a almost unconscious level.

Lord of Nothing

Post by Lord of Nothing » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:11 am

How could I forget that beauty was in the eye of the beholder?

If her dead capillaries expanded and her blood wasn't such a dark shade of red then she would have blushed. Karine waved her hand dismissively and batted her eyes as she laughed. "Oh stop you. You're just trying to get me spill everything so you can kill me later, aren't you?" Karine gave the girl a full sized grin, half-joking. Yet she laid down more onto the plush bed. Her talons growing visibly more dull as she controls their shape. Bones within the joins crack as she stretches he limbs elongating for a moment...before resuming their normal length. The Vampire Lord's position settling on lounging.

"Perhaps it is best to not bore you with too many historical details." The woman laughed uneasily, visibly unsure. It could be dangerous for someone of her rank and power to be. Perhaps she was being impulsive in allowing a vigilante into her domain. And yet these times could be used...productively.

"I was born in the middle ages. Castles and Kingdoms. What is now Russia. A very woodsy place. I lived a very...privileged life. I was endowed with what most would consider good looks. My father had money but he would buy me most anything that I would like. When I grew old enough I had many suitors." The Vampire gave a wistful sigh as she remembered what it was like to be human. A part of her did like the way that she would turn heads whenever she walked into town.

"My dad was strict but sometimes I would venture out to meet them. It was highlight in my otherwise uneventful life. I was even around when the plague had struck. Chaos had consumed so much of the world at the time. And yet I remained tucked away in the country side with my mother and father. One time I saw something look out in the window. A figure peering at me from the edge of the woods. So black and so unnaturally still that I question what it was. Perhaps it was tree. But then I saw it move. And so...I ventured out. Late at night. I don't really know why. It was the...dumbest thing I could ever do."

The woman smiles. Showing teeth as she did when looking at prey. Though her eyes were distant and unfocused, as though she living in that moment vice this one.

"I had brought a knife with me from the kitchen. And then a wolf as rabid could be came out out of the brush and it at me. It had gripped my dress. And I screamed. And lunged it. And stabbed. My hands held to it's fur. And it died. Poor creature had the jump on me too. But it did nothing but tear away at my clothes."

The passion in her eyes grew. A part of her wondered why the wolf was there ever. Particularly why it was alone.

"I had a little falling out with my parents after that. And grew a little bit sad after I was stopped from leaving my except to eat. And then one day, a man slinked in. Or should I say, something more than a man. He came through the window. Seeped in through the cracks...."

Her hands merge together.

"We talked. And talked. And talked. About many things. Him more than I. He knew a great deal. Seemingly everything. He told me stories of the world. And of people. A great many interesting people. Events of the world. What the plague was like. Oh, how we talked. I asked him why he was here and he said that he was hiding from some people. And he'd little better to do than to chat with me with me sometimes. He did with others as well.

And then one night I asked him to turn me into something like him. Not quite like him. My path was my own. But similar in many of the same ways I liked."

It took a moment for Karine to realize that she hadn't really made any room on the bed. And then she promptly scooted over to allow Megan to accompany her. If she liked that is.
Sandbox

Lethe, The Once Reaper
Voracious, The Vampire Vagabond
Vas, The Shadow Man
Amaranth, The Ultimate Life-Form
Jackal, The Devil's Dog

Concepts

Varcolac, The Cursed Cartel
Nosferatu, The Damned Descendants of the Darkblood

List of all characters across every sub-forum: Here!

Azra
Bronze

Post by Azra » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:14 am

Tales Of The Dammned

Megan leaned against the bed frame relaxed though as a tale was woven she did lean in some. Drawn forward and engaged, the whole time she was silent. If one was to watch her they would find her reacting to the tale as if she was reading it from a book or watching it on screen. She was able to very much live it, maybe it was something arcane maybe it was empathy but all the same she was there.

She could almost smell the time frame, a sweeter scent or perhaps one might say more tangible. A Rose was still a rose but when it was so long ago there was so much less industry and modern world to get in the way. She could feel the air, she imagined it blowing much the same but feeling more clean. She felt her skin crawl at the thought of the plagues and all the sickness it may bring to her. Fear oozed into her thoughts with the mention of unknown shapes and wolves but also intrigue. A willingness to face them.

Her connection swayed some with the mention of violence, of killing the wolf. Excitement, would of been edge of the seat if she had been sitting. She could feel the cold steel, imagined the wooden handle rough not leaving splinters but nearly so from its frequent use. Of it slipping past fur and into meat, and the warmth that covered the hand as life flowed out. Apart of her didn't want that to be what she latched onto but so many of the thoughts and Devils she'd purged from others dragged that into her mind with a level of predominance.

The story returns to something she just naturally latches onto once again. A sorrow equally felt when things got sad. Megan finding herself drawn to ideas of something of the night seeming to seep in and enthralled with conversation. That section came easy as well to be fair having been rather similar to the moment in the here and now. All ending in what she at least felt was pride. Of course any life had regrets but Megan didn't think Karine thought less of her vampiric self and so neither did the Martyr.

"I won't bullshit you we might come at odds someday but it isn't why I chose to listen. I do that simply cause I like to know people. My story is a shorter one, from an early age, so early it's hard to remember before then I could see shit. I knew when neighbor's were cheating on their partners. I saw the ghosts that came as Ouija boards were used by a friend's older sister. I saw the metal head's soul turn black as he summoned a demon. And from then on I started to try and understand what I saw, didn't make for the brightest childhood and the broken home wasn't much help but I couldn't box such curiosity." Somewhere in her own tale she took a seat on the bed her hands resting on the grimoire.

As she spoke she flipped through the pages she seemed to just know where things were. There was more to the book then was shown but what was shown was an apparent journal. One filled with doodles in the margins of countless horrors. The words were often cleanly and artistically written but then would stop at points. Swerving into something more manic or emotionally charged. Some things were scratched out and somethings started to be scratched out but incomplete. What was the most frequent though was tales of horrors she'd seen.

She smiled though somehow in peace with her own sea of discontent dished out as paradoxical as that may be. "It wasn't long before I was trying to take the physical and mental pains of others. A girl born of a dozen broken homes a pre teen exposed to the horror of war. A teenager who visited hospitals and nurses like others her age visited malls. Tried a lot of outlets, art to music, self harm to working at a nursing home. Numerous jobs even the military for a time as a combat medic it was all so bound though. Which led to vigilantism. Fighting and bleeding for others in a way that lets my talents see a more honest use."

With a stretch she let herself fall back resting her head in her hands. Though she took the time to make sure that her position didn't leave feet to close to ones head or dirty boots getting on clean sheets. Comfortable as she was she didn't want to be so rude in the name of such relaxation. "Stories don't bore me it's kind of something I live for. I'd of made for a good librarian in high school if not for my desire to throw books at loud mother fuckers."

Lord of Nothing

Post by Lord of Nothing » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:54 am

Determined.

She thought. There was a commonality in one being touched by the supernatural and becoming intimately more curious about it. Both of them understood what it meant to be human. However the girl's background was much more somber. The woman listened earnestly, expecting such a thing. The girl had seen so much someone so young. Had taken so much baggage. She could only imagine the turmoil that must come from the irrational madness she has taken upon herself. It speaks well of the girl's will and ability to withstand it all.

"I suspect as much. But for tonight we have no reason to fight. But we can work together. At least for a little while." The girl was definitely the moral type from what she had said. A strange one at that. It was a foreign thing to her to want to help what appeared to be random stranger at first. However being that she was a rather socialable enough type to end up and a vampire's penthouse then it seemed that she would be the type to get attached rather easily.

Her eyes followed the girl's intricate pages of her grimoire. Filled with manacle scribbles, abstract doodles and incomplete masterpieces. Karine's seemed to move rather quickly, as though despite the speed at which meagan scrolled through it, she processed each and every thing she was shown.

"A sad tale. But you are a better person than I. Such a sweet thing, you are. To withstand all of this." Karine said. "I am glad you chose to be here tonight. With me."

A laugh as she realizes something.

"My sire also likes to keep a great many books. There is a value in stories many don't appreciate, I believe. It shapes the beliefs and thoughts of many groups of people. While not all are good, there is much you can glean from a few that are special. Or a collection from an area. Fictional or not. So much can be gleaned from the language of narratives. It's...indirect. Up to a great many interpretations. And yet limited in a way that makes it meaningful." She yawns. It is becoming day.

I wonder how your shall end, Meagan.

"Why keep your shoes on? Come!" She pats the space next to her, her hands gripping the blanket as she puts it on. "I will only bite with permission."
Sandbox

Lethe, The Once Reaper
Vas, The Shadow Man
Jackal, The Devil's Dog

Concepts

Azra
Bronze

Post by Azra » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:14 pm

So It Becomes A Sleepover

That thought got a laugh out of Megan, things sounded way less promiscuous and questionable in life choices putting it that way. She also found amusement in her first thought being bites are fine, just do me a favor and drain me dry. Truely she was of the healthiest of possible mindsets. "I mean I hope not to be at ends and just work together. That said given the hour things sound like there's only enough time for a quick workout." For a moment she thought herself slick with that one before a roll of the eyes and crashing down to reality. "That was hardly even an innuendo smooth Megan."

Given the invite though she sat up undid the steel toed boots she was so fond of before laying beside the vampire. "You've got permission just keep it to the kind a girl's embarrassed by rather than needing band aids over." I'm okay with that one. She mused making herself comfortable, though she had little desire to dwell on her past. Others were interesting to her, but her own she'd rather largely leave in the box. Said box ever expanding deeper as she took on the suffering of others. Eventually she figured it'd be a bottomless pit where she concluded the only way to lock it up was by concluding a hollow point to the brain stem was a key.

She did like the idea though that maybe if there wasn't enough guns to go around then maybe some books could fill that void. "Even the awful ones can be fun with the right mindset or enough drinks. I remember going to a book club to follow a stalker once. The book was utter garbage, but the laughs were bountiful. Then there is a pen rammed into the stalker's eye was a lot of screaming then but I'll admit I had a good time. In my defense he thought the most obnoxious twat in the book was the ideal woman he deserved it for that alone." And that was likely all to much information filled with reasons to be concerned about ones company. Megan just enjoyed it though, the oddities that were dredged up from her morbid little life.

"So what's with the legion of adorable ankle biters? Seems at least mostly a caring relationship but it's not what one would expect either.

Lord of Nothing

Post by Lord of Nothing » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:06 pm

FLAP! As Megan moves closer to join her, the mother grasps the sheets with her clawed fingertips and with a firm yank lifts the sheet into the air to put them both under the blanket. The mother moves a little bit closer so as to feel the girl's warm.

The Mother paused, contemplating as to whether or not she should tell her as to how her little "anklebiters" actually ever came to be. And soon she came to the conclusion of "why not?" It wasn't as though she was able to do much about it.

"We watch over the forsaken. The abandoned. Those who have nothing to offer the world but their own will. Their flesh. Their blood. Their souls." Karine tilts her head unto her propped up fist as she stares into Megan's eyes. "There are orphanages in china which will hold little boys and girls until they are fourteen years old. Little boys with burned down villages in Africa. Young girls sold off in the middle east. Those little children with no aid. No assistance. .Who are so afraid of the dark when they are forced to sleep with no light and with only their brothers and sisters to comfort them. Hundreds of thousands. Millions in some countries. Some say two point five million inhabit this country alone. It might not surprise you how many of them know how to fight already. " The woman has some trace of sympathy in her eyes, he grin almost predatory as she remembers watching them.

"I teach them to fear the dark no longer. And let them run wild in it, for a little bit. Have a little There are a great many of them and I cannot save them all. But I find who I can in my travels. As do the rest of my fledglings. I cannot save them all. Or feed them all. A few don't even want me to save them. But I do what I can. And I give the children....meaning. Purpose." She lays her head down onto the pillow.

"They all serve me of their own free will. Each. And. Every. One."
Sandbox

Lethe, The Once Reaper
Vas, The Shadow Man
Jackal, The Devil's Dog

Concepts

Azra
Bronze

Post by Azra » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:43 pm

Okay But I'm Not Adopting

Megan was rather amused that her first thought ended up being something so simple. Simply accepting but also knowing she didn't long for children of her own. Largely out of fear that her own miseries may be something to pass down, she rather liked her family usually. That didn't mean her crosses were for someone else to bear.

As for turning a bunch of children into blood drinkers it seemed a cruel fate. The idea that each of them had likely been bitten into was disturbing. However the world was cruel who was to say they ever could have gotten a better escape. The way they hovered around the mother of orphans the soft sounds of their activities comforting and normal as any child. Megan worried that they might be stuck that way never growing into men and women of tommorrow it wasn't something she could reverse though either. "Not surprised." Why would she be there was so many children and teens out there getting into fights after all. Less jaded or more malleable they were easy to forge into weapons or get so inspired they took to fighting "villains". She half expected one might kill her some day, die not as even a martyr as her name implied but just some up and comer's trophy kill.

Not that she was opposed to it, was amusing but not the worst end.

Megan's head rests against the pillow black locks of hair masking her left eye as they drape down. "I can't debate you in it they're happy and I'm no saint. Hard to know if a child understands a choice at times but they're also not idiots either. Hell sometimes there smarter. You've likely done more "good" the way I see it than I ever will." For all the hell she tossed herself into it was also with a likelihood that she'd join the ghosts she enjoyed talking to in a few years. "If possible though can what ever trouble we get into just be us? I'd rather not see children get hurt around me even if I know they can take it." The gothic gunslinger having no issue with the company in the end but hoping she didn't have to see certain things to often. In part because she had memories of someone else that made such visuals all the more haunting. Seeing a small vampire shot was just away to remember a neighbor's son take a bullet in a gang shooting and feeling the memory as if it were her own.

Lord of Nothing

Post by Lord of Nothing » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:46 am

A sigh came at the last sentence. Slowly but assuredly, the woman's clothes seem to recede into her body, the black, spider-like fabric pulled back into the core of her being.

"Indeed. Children hardly ever have a choice. And it is a strange line to live on. And yet...some children do grow quicker than others. They know things. A little bit of adversity and some mature quickly. Some break. It all depends. Sometimes I see a great many people who have grown up and still yet remain children." Slowly the woman finds her finds herself slinking closer to Megan. A single hand raised and goes to next to Meagan's head. The other find itself on the other side.

She props herself up and now hovers over Megan, her gaze casting down upon her. The white around the center of her eyes flooded with blood. And at the center were two jet black dots. Shrinking to the point of inhumanity. "I am afraid I cannot promise you that. I cannot see the future. And there are some scenarios in which you might inevitably clash with my children. As well as others. I would prefer this not be so. But a great many more may yet die without me. And you may not be the only threat present." She blinked. And the blood left her eyes and allowed the white to return. The irises returned to their hazel like color.

"But I would...want my children to survive. And usually when facing powerful foes I or someone else am the one to go first. I wouldn't throw my children into one so potent as you." More, she liked the thought of an army being used to dispose of others who were more meddlesome but operated on a grand scale. "I would rather they do other things." And with that, she lowered herself down. Seeking to rest on Megan's shoulder if she allowed it. And to drape one leg over her body. Embrace her. And whisper into her ear.. If the girl moved her away, Karine would put up no resistance.

"Thank you. For caring. You would be surprised how rare it is to find someone so merciful."

Killers who were willing to spare such children were rather unique in her eyes.
Sandbox

Lethe, The Once Reaper
Vas, The Shadow Man
Jackal, The Devil's Dog

Concepts

Azra
Bronze

Post by Azra » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:35 am

Any Innuendo Here Would Be To Obvious

That said Megan laughed a bit as her mind was filled with trying to come up with questionable jokes or puns or other such remarks. How awful she was, or how different they were. These thoughts also drifting soon to far more mischievous thoughts. She already rather liked the position she was in, but then you add all the victims or criminals who she had exposed her mind to. How much she feared this kind of moment or craved it, nervous and excited were her emotions and her internal demons only emphasized it. Megan finding herself only more enticed with the fact she realized her state of euphoria was likely able to be read a dozen different ways.

Obviously not opposed to using up what time there was left of the night, she did try to stay on topic though. Eyes might have wandered though, the strange clothes of the vampire were an interesting site as well as what they did. She found it kind of funny how inline she was with the remarks about children. In another life maybe she wouldn't be a woman in the vampire's bed but rather amongst the small undead human's in an adjacent room. She had known things sense she was little, had to harden herself to nightmares, time and time again she had been broken. She saved others and burned though rather then being dragged into the night to be saved.

"Good, because I'd far rather have you as a dance partner." The smile she wore was that of a fiend, she considered many things a dance. Raves where ass holes tried to drug her and she cracked their skull, fights in the streets where her choreography was messy but made up for with visceral creativity, and then there was the dance that came when in someone's room specifically the bed. Give her a second and she would think herself an idiot who should jump out the window for the moment though she thought herself pretty smooth.

She smiled only embracing in nature, she wasn't going to resist the company. "Mercy and vengeance are like all I do so was easy. But you're welcome, thanks for reminding me why I still do it." Maybe that was a dark note to end on in return but Megan rather liked it. When her mind was a bottomless sea of self destructive thoughts and telling herself it was futile to keep trying to swim there was a lot of value in those that reminded her she could swim.

Lord of Nothing

Post by Lord of Nothing » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:54 am

A yawn. Not out of boredom nor out a lack of interest. But out of timing and comfortable positioning.

It was strange in a way, some things always did linger far longer than she believe. In some ways, some enemies do not perish. They merely disappear and are replaced with someone else. In Karine's mind perhaps this was her particular inclination to her, if she were to kill Megan -- would she truly be dead? Or would something worse come along. The woman knew all too well that there would always be vigilantes so long as their were injustices, unhappy people and ways for people to obtain power. Some places were quieter than others. But this place was hard to silence. The adversaries here were not so easy to crush. Nor were they predictable except in their often all too human motivations. Megan was different. Darkly colored and attired, this did nothing to reflect her otherwise rather perky demeanor. Though, it did speak of some level of darkness within her.

Yet not one which seemed to corrupt and twist her as it did others. Indeed, she persevered anyway through willpower and focus on the positive alone. It was a mind strange in some ways. To help someone and then let them go was not the mother's way. The family must support one another, as very few others would -- with the exception of strange cases of generosity like Megan.

I wonder when was the last time someone was there for you.

Thoughts of how exactly she could repay her rang through her mind. Perhaps the warm bed was enough? It was really getting late. She could practically feel the sun's tyranny in spite of the spell cast over the city. But it wouldn't hurt to go a little closer. To grab her arm with two. To slide her head over a little bit to lie on her chest. Large ears pressed up against bare skin to hear the pleasant sound of a beating heart as heat moved from something warm to something cold. Something which vaguely reminded her of her of the feeling of her humanity. This alone was nice. Her eyes closed.

And she was content.

And then you go and say that.

Content however, was never enough. She knew her species was always inclined to sin. To greed. To wanting more.

The vampire find her eyes shooting open to be greeted with the sight of a fiendish smile. To which, the woman doesn't seem to have anything to say verbally. More so she starts to giggle in nervously, in a way less dignified than she would have liked. Further, her face sank into the pillow as she hid her face -- before she rose. Finally she did reveal her face.

"I thought I was going to get some sleep tonight."

With one leg draped over the girl, it hardly took much to just slide over her and straddle her.

"You know, I think sometimes a hero should be rewarded." The woman spoke, well aware of what some outsiders and newcomers had thought of her. But in the eyes of many, they were heroes.

A set of teeth bared. As she leaned down. Getting closer and closer to the neck still. Her shifting eyes seeing through skin to observe flowing blood directly. Running like a river ripe for her to sip on -- right through the jugular as though she were a deer. Something which would be a pleasurable experience for both. If particular if she remembered the sensation of being licked earlier.

Instead, only a kiss on the neck. Lips dry, cracked and devoid of moisture or warmth. The she rises back up again to sitting position.

"Should they not?"
Sandbox

Lethe, The Once Reaper
Vas, The Shadow Man
Jackal, The Devil's Dog

Concepts