Don't go to Ravenholm [Location]

Roleplay locations.
Contingency

Re: Don't go to Ravenholm [Location]

Post by Contingency » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:37 pm

illirica wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:45 pm
And if the monster really wanted help, she could ask for it.
Angela was a stubborn girl one that was very empathetic and complex but when it came to fights she was always aggressive for one particular but private reason, so asking for help now was unthinkable even if it was the logical choice. Angela had probably unloaded close to four hundred laser bolts at the giant monsters face in the time span of one minute and upon reaching those precious sixty seconds the bubble dissipated, Angela jumped back not sure if the creature would be dead since energy weapons acted wonky on giant monster things. Is it dead? Angela wondered but would have a hard time seeing its face due to the smoldering smoke of burnt fur.

*"But it was as pure as a white pearl;I would have never expected to fall for a girl"*

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:50 pm

The bubble disappeared, and Tyria decided to move again, sauntering over to where the monster girl stared at the hedgehog. It wasn't moving - in fact, it didn't have much of a head left at all. Several hundred laser bolts in the span of a tiny fraction of time would do that to... well, most things, really. Tyria clapped her hands, even without sarcasm. "Good show!" she offered, approvingly, "You're quite the hero. Of course, I could have handled it just fine if you hadn't interfered in the first place, so... oh, let's call it even. I must say, you're quite entertaining. I'd be happy to watch you fight a giant monster any day. Shall I go fetch you another one?"

Contingency

Post by Contingency » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:10 pm

illirica wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:50 pm
The bubble disappeared, and Tyria decided to move again, sauntering over to where the monster girl stared at the hedgehog. It wasn't moving - in fact, it didn't have much of a head left at all. Several hundred laser bolts in the span of a tiny fraction of time would do that to... well, most things, really. Tyria clapped her hands, even without sarcasm. "Good show!" she offered, approvingly, "You're quite the hero. Of course, I could have handled it just fine if you hadn't interfered in the first place, so... oh, let's call it even. I must say, you're quite entertaining. I'd be happy to watch you fight a giant monster any day. Shall I go fetch you another one?"
Angela made the assumption that the creature was now dead and eased her muscles slightly before turning her head and attention back to the person who brought the creature here in the first place, Tyria's words did not help ease the tension Angela was feeling at the moment towards her and yet the pinked haired girl was unsure of what the exact cause of the tension was. "Are you serious right now?" Angela replied back while furrowing her brows and wrinkling her nose in a display of unsettled vexation, Angela gripped her gun tighter while continuing her upset retort "this isn't a game for me, it's one thing to risk harm to me but it's another thing to risk danger to those that I want to protect" Angela closed her eyes and the muscles on her forehead twitched irritably "I'm not upset that you brought this creature here because it makes sense that you would want to move it somewhere devoid of innocent people, what I am upset about is that you brought it to one of the few places in Ravenholm that have innocent people. Still...it's not really your fault for not knowing I understand that" Angela opened her eyes and growled menacing like a large canine towards Tyria then showed her wolfish teeth "but I'm not yours to take advantage of, I have not given you that permission so with all due respect. Get rid of that stupid fucking notion on bringing me another monster to kill"

With her free hand she pointed threateningly at Tyria "When we met I was there to have a good time, you ruined that but fine I'm used to disappointment anyway however here and now is different since I have a promise to keep for some people and if you intend on getting in between me and my word I won't hesitate to hurt you if push comes to shove" Angela paused to catch her breath and softened her ominous tone "I'm not a toy, I'm not a hero, I'm not having fun, I need to keep my word. I promised I was going to protect the people in that building and I will no matter what" then like a switch all of Angela's anger and frustration disappeared moments before she returned to a very calm composure that appeared perfectly neutral "now that I let that out of my system" Angela squinted her eyes in skepticism unsure of what she was supposed to do with Tyria.

Should I attack her...kill her...? No..my instincts aren't telling me that...I feel vulnerable...threatened...around her..but not that I should harm her at least not right now still I don't know why I feel so impotent on taking further action against her, she's still an enemy one that's toying with me "I.." Angela looked down at the ground for a moment then glanced to her side to see some zombie torsos slowly crawling towards them "wanted to know if you're hurt or anything" Angela hardened her face in an attempt to appear apathetic "I shot at you earlier because I initially misinterpreted your actions when you appeared with a giant monster, it's only proper that I treat any wounds you might have before...anything else happens"

*"But it was as pure as a white pearl;I would have never expected to fall for a girl"*

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:44 pm

The monster-girl had... a lot to say. Tyria wasn't very happy about that. There was a reason she was a monster hunter and not an assassin, and the reason was that monsters didn't talk back or argue with you about your life choices. At least, that was one of the reasons. However it ended up, Tyria just didn't like killing people. That was why she divided the world neatly in two: People and Monsters. And someone had to kill the monsters, otherwise they'd kill the people. It was all very simple, and none of it involved having a pink-haired conundrum spout moral quandaries at her. Tyria sighed, loudly, and threw up her hands in disgust.

"You licked me!" she said accusingly, distilling the New York misadventure into a single fine point. "Why are you so weird?" As the inquiry came from someone wearing a skirt fashioned of strips of brightly colored reptile hide of some sort, it probably lacked the amount of gravity Tyria would have preferred.

It was bad enough getting the lecture, but then having the girl actually offer to help just made it worse. She might have said she wasn't a hero, but then she went and tried to act like one. She sighed again. "I didn't get hit," she said, pointedly, "Because I am a professional and I know what I'm doing. And why are there people here? This place is a disaster! It's full of zombies! Haven't they heard of 'natural selection'? Stupid people get eaten! And you're... you... argh!"

Articulation failed. Usually Tyria was good with words, sometimes even disturbingly so. She could come up with relevant limericks in the middle of combat to keep herself amused (she had to do something, the monsters weren't much good for conversation), but it seemed that talking to this particular girl was difficult. Tyria didn't even know why she was trying. She put her hands on her hips. " don't know why I'm talking to you. You aren't even human. Look, fine, if there's people in Ravenholm, I won't use it as a drop zone. I don't want innocent people getting hurt any more than anyone else does, and I..." she paused, maybe for effect, or maybe just because she was having trouble believing she was actually about to say what followed: "Am sorry."

Her sigh was quieter this time, restrained. It didn't really matter. The girl was a monster. Tyria would have rather apologized to someone who deserved it. Someone who wasn't so...

...different.

Contingency

Post by Contingency » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:16 am

illirica wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:44 pm
Her sigh was quieter this time, restrained. It didn't really matter. The girl was a monster. Tyria would have rather apologized to someone who deserved it. Someone who wasn't so...
...different.
Angela produced a raspberry sound with her mouth to signify her moderate insouciance that was directed to Tyria's response "I reject your apology" Angela replied back dryly even if she personally found what Tyria had said to be pretty accurate on the events that took place as well as the fair statement on the pink haired ones odd behavior but none of this really mattered that much to Angela I don't really give a dam if a stranger thinks I'm weird "you called me an animal remember?" Angela paused to give her 'associate' a moment to recall what was said a few seconds before continuing "I don't need an apology from you, an animal does not need an apology there fore I reject it" Angela holstered her laser pistol and ran a hand through her long pink hair that began to flow as gusts of wind began to blow across the street the two were in. Angela gave Tyria a face mixed with dissatisfaction and boredom "It's going to be raining soon so if you want a quick history lesson on why the.." Angela gestured air quotes with her hands before emphasizing an inflection of sarcasm "StUpId PeOpLe" Angela paused to let out a fake cough and continued her statement in a normal voice "Are fighting in a town filled with monsters,zombies and raiders then by all means" Angela rolled her eyes callously and turned around before gesturing Tyria to follow her into an abandoned diner that was opposite from the building she was protecting.

A few seconds after making her statement about the weather there was a crack of lightning and there was a quick and powerful down pour of rain falling onto the town of Ravenholm.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:25 pm

Reject my... how dare she? Tyria glared for a moment, angered. If she went out of her way to actually apologize, and the monster just tossed that back, that was... rude! Unacceptable! Infuriating! Tyria was half-tempted to run her through right there, but she recalled from New York that the monster kind of got off on that sort of thing. No. Just like before, she's just trying to rile me up so she can eat my emotions or whatever. Calm. Caaaalm. Calm did not come easy to Tyria, but she made it happen anyway, by force of will. She was still glaring, but that was sort of well-earned, she thought.

Lightning cracked emphasis after the monster-girl's little diatribe, and Tyria looked up at the sky, then at the girl's trajectory, then teleported herself into the building, sitting down in a chair and awaiting the monster's arrival. When not-Kara entered, she was leaning back in the chair, all idle grace. "I never called you an animal," she said, calmly, truthfully, and pointedly. Technically, she'd never called the woman anything. She might have pointedly implied she was a monster once or twice or... well, no sense counting. But never an animal. That was all in not-Kara's own head. "Sounds like you've got some issues," she added, pleasantly.

"So. I'm here, you're here, it's wet, let's have a chat. Tell me all about the stupid people. I am entirely prepared to be impressed."

Contingency

Post by Contingency » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:27 pm

illirica wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:25 pm
Reject my... how dare she? Tyria glared for a moment, angered. If she went out of her way to actually apologize, and the monster just tossed that back, that was... rude! Unacceptable! Infuriating! Tyria was half-tempted to run her through right there, but she recalled from New York that the monster kind of got off on that sort of thing. No. Just like before, she's just trying to rile me up so she can eat my emotions or whatever. Calm. Caaaalm. Calm did not come easy to Tyria, but she made it happen anyway, by force of will. She was still glaring, but that was sort of well-earned, she thought.

Lightning cracked emphasis after the monster-girl's little diatribe, and Tyria looked up at the sky, then at the girl's trajectory, then teleported herself into the building, sitting down in a chair and awaiting the monster's arrival. When not-Kara entered, she was leaning back in the chair, all idle grace. "I never called you an animal," she said, calmly, truthfully, and pointedly. Technically, she'd never called the woman anything. She might have pointedly implied she was a monster once or twice or... well, no sense counting. But never an animal. That was all in not-Kara's own head. "Sounds like you've got some issues," she added, pleasantly.

"So. I'm here, you're here, it's wet, let's have a chat. Tell me all about the stupid people. I am entirely prepared to be impressed."
Huh...she's actually right Angela's face momentarily flushed there and then exposing her distress from hearing something similar from what she had said to Tyria which was now being used against her, Angela turned her back to hide her face from the teleporter and followed up this action by beginning to barricade the front entrance with some 'ancient' chairs and tables well it's not like I don't have issues, she's just saying the obvious once her composure returned back to normal she stopped barricading the large pile of furniture against the door and turned around to face Tyria "Right...uhm yeah just making sure the zombies don't come busting in while we're talking, they get attracted to loud sounds or lights" Angela reached over one of the counter tops by a cash register and pulled out a lamp then waved her hand in front of it, Angela reversed time on the object and the lamp returned to its state in time where it was lit. The room was quite dusty but there were no cob webs, it seems as if this building was a stash house for food and miscellaneous survival supplies "It's sort of a mix of many things why people are here, I guess you could say the top three are stupidity,pride and greed" Angela commented before she set the lamp in between them then began rummaging through some relatively new looking crates that contained canned food. "Ravenholm was an Alaskan fishing town, not much to brag about before it changed but what made it change was in laymen terms a singularity to another world" Angela pulled out a pair of canned fruit cocktails and paced towards Tyria before shyly offering one to her before the sound of lightning struck near by and the downpour of rain outside intensified. "Big bad alien monsters attacked the city and surrounding towns, a lot of people died but the military eventually contained the threat after three days..still...Ravenholm just happened to be the spot where some of the more exotic things were breeding. They polluted the atmosphere of the town into a green fog and the more sentient monsters took refuge here" if Tyria accepted Angela would realize she didn't give Tyria a spoon and would return to the crate to retrieve a plastic one to give and if she hadn't accepted the can she would have still gone to get one for herself.

"The Military killed the fog creatures but don't want to risk hunting down the more sentient ones because anything that dies in the fog returns as an undead creature under the command of the 'Corrupted" Angela faced Tyria while holding a plastic spoon and then sat on a chair "The corrupted are the smart creatures that can command the undead, uhm intelligently. It's why I went for headshots against the Hedgehog, it'd be a lot harder to kill a second time when its weak spot is just the head" Angela shook her head dismissively and waved her spoon as if she felt she was getting off track "anyway more to the point, the people who survived all of this want their town back. Call it pride maybe stupidity but they believe if they can assassinate the few Corrupted left and harvest the remains of the unique creatures here that then they could be able to rebuild the town" Angela shrugged before pulling the lid of her can up and opened it to reveal a pleasant smell of fruit "sounds silly I know but researching the fog once the town is secured can open a host of potential medical breakthroughs" Angela put her spoon in the can and began stirring the fruits inside "the organized crime in here don't want the original townspeople to take the town back because they're farming the creatures here for a rare mineral, when its refined it is light as aluminum but several times stronger than Titanium on a centimeter by centimeter basis" Angela cocked her head to the side and wore a sad face "I was born here the day the singularity trashed the town, my mom died here and my dad took me away from here when I was still an infant. I never saw this town when it was pretty but I guess I feel an obligation to protect my birthplace"

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:22 pm

Tyria took the little can, kind of surprised it had been offered. Maybe she should have refused, but she didn't think of it. Oh, well. Adventure was everywhere. She pulled a knife from her belt and stabbed the can open, neatly trimming away the edge and fishing a cherry out with her fingers as not-Kara returned with spoons. Tyria gave the offered spoon a raised eyebrow, declining it. She disliked plastic silverware on principle. Fingers were easier, and less likely to break.

The story was definitely one to pique Tyria's interest, though, in spite of herself. "So... these... Corrupted? Difficult, challenging?" Something besides a run-of-the-mill giant creature would have been... nice. Very nice. And apparently someone needed to hunt them down. Public service and adventure. Right up Tyria's alley.

She needed a Project, after all. It had been a while since she'd had a good one. She'd thought maybe monster girl would be a quest, but... but... she can be a quest for another day. No sense killing the NPC while it still had quests available. So to speak. She dismissed that thought, gesturing with the cherry. "How does one take them out?"

Tyria smiled, slowly, "You see... some idiot killed my giant sonic hedgehog, so it turns out I have some time on my hands." She met the monster-girl's eyes, evenly, and popped the cherry in to her mouth. "Want to go on an adventure?" She was teasing. She'd said the same words, back in Crete. That adventure hadn't quite turned out the way either of them had wanted, she didn't think.

Well, how did you want it to turn out?

Contingency

Post by Contingency » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:47 am

illirica wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:22 pm
Tyria took the little can, kind of surprised it had been offered. Maybe she should have refused, but she didn't think of it. Oh, well. Adventure was everywhere. She pulled a knife from her belt and stabbed the can open, neatly trimming away the edge and fishing a cherry out with her fingers as not-Kara returned with spoons. Tyria gave the offered spoon a raised eyebrow, declining it. She disliked plastic silverware on principle. Fingers were easier, and less likely to break.

The story was definitely one to pique Tyria's interest, though, in spite of herself. "So... these... Corrupted? Difficult, challenging?" Something besides a run-of-the-mill giant creature would have been... nice. Very nice. And apparently someone needed to hunt them down. Public service and adventure. Right up Tyria's alley.

She needed a Project, after all. It had been a while since she'd had a good one. She'd thought maybe monster girl would be a quest, but... but... she can be a quest for another day. No sense killing the NPC while it still had quests available. So to speak. She dismissed that thought, gesturing with the cherry. "How does one take them out?"

Tyria smiled, slowly, "You see... some idiot killed my giant sonic hedgehog, so it turns out I have some time on my hands." She met the monster-girl's eyes, evenly, and popped the cherry in to her mouth. "Want to go on an adventure?" She was teasing. She'd said the same words, back in Crete. That adventure hadn't quite turned out the way either of them had wanted, she didn't think.

Well, how did you want it to turn out?
Angela had just finished the contents of her can with quick spoonfuls when she heard Tyria's question, Angela gave a small frown as if the question was a small insult to her intelligence "obviously, they're the primary things stopping the town from getting taken back. Even I'm hesitant to go against them by myself" Angela expertly tossed the can into a nearby garbage bin "you take them out with an overwhelming gross amount of fire power, issue is they're very mobile and have reflexes that surpass that of normal people on a very high level. Even if you were able to harm their resilient bodies you would have to take them out before they retreated, other wise they'd just heal all the damage inflicted on them"

What is she up to anyway with all these questions? Angela raised her eyebrows curiously and for a moment found her eyes cravingly entranced onto Tyria's finger that held the cherry, the cherry popped into the other girls mouth and knocked Angela out of her trance "uhhh yeah, thought it was pretty obvious I was an idiot when we first met" Angela retorted back to the first statement I don't care about my intellect, I'm not going to fool myself on that then crossed her arms in some sort of defiance "not sure if you're seriously considering about taking out one of those things or just wanting to screw me over like last time"

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:42 pm

Tyria listened for a while, eating the peaches out of the fruit cocktail while thinking about what the monster girl was saying. Overwhelming force, regeneration. Hm. Nothing I haven't seen before, but it'll be a little tight. Teleportation works well against hordes, good way of ignoring a formation and going straight to the problem. The kill strike is going to be hard, though, especially if they'll retreat if I don't one-shot them. Interesting.

Her mind was busy, figuring out all the how-tos, enough so that she wasn't paying enough attention to the last statement, and answered honestly, without thinking. "Oh, I didn't want to screw you over last time, either. Not like that anyway." She blinked, then shook her head, and pushed the rest of the fruit cocktail away. It was only pineapple left, and pineapple was an abhorrence worse than monsters. "You licked me," she said again, feeling it was still a good point.

"Look, you don't screw over your allies during a hunt. Later, maybe, sure, once the danger's past, but not during a hunt. That's just not... you don't do that. Okay? So you don't need to worry about that if we're going after your Corrupted."