Don't go to Ravenholm [Location]

Roleplay locations.
Contingency

Re: Don't go to Ravenholm [Location]

Post by Contingency » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:43 am

illirica wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:42 pm
Tyria listened for a while, eating the peaches out of the fruit cocktail while thinking about what the monster girl was saying. Overwhelming force, regeneration. Hm. Nothing I haven't seen before, but it'll be a little tight. Teleportation works well against hordes, good way of ignoring a formation and going straight to the problem. The kill strike is going to be hard, though, especially if they'll retreat if I don't one-shot them. Interesting.

Her mind was busy, figuring out all the how-tos, enough so that she wasn't paying enough attention to the last statement, and answered honestly, without thinking. "Oh, I didn't want to screw you over last time, either. Not like that anyway." She blinked, then shook her head, and pushed the rest of the fruit cocktail away. It was only pineapple left, and pineapple was an abhorrence worse than monsters. "You licked me," she said again, feeling it was still a good point.

"Look, you don't screw over your allies during a hunt. Later, maybe, sure, once the danger's past, but not during a hunt. That's just not... you don't do that. Okay? So you don't need to worry about that if we're going after your Corrupted."
Angela gave Tyria a face of protest still not believing the teleporter to be an honest person despite what was said Still uncalled for, I don't trust her but fine maybe I'll get lucky and she'll get killed by one before she tries to decapitate me "Okay hotshot, if you think you're so good at hunting monsters then I'll show you where one of them generally lives" as if annoyed Angela stood up and turned her back before crossing her arms "I didn't ask for your help either, I'm just going to make sure you don't do something stupid like lead a Corrupted to a bunch of sleeping townspeople" outside a few walkers began to bang on the diners barricaded entrance due to getting attracted by the noise from Contingency's raised voice. "Don't think it'll be easy, there's a reason why they've held this town for twenty one years" Angela heard the zombie's bang against the door some more before it was drowned out by the sounds of more lightning strikes hitting a distant tower.

Is she going to want to wait for it to stop raining or go now?

*"But it was as pure as a white pearl;I would have never expected to fall for a girl"*

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:24 pm

"I am good at hunting monsters," Tyria said. "Partially because I don't run off after them the first time I see them. Most of it is about planning and preparation. I'll try to get a strike in, but I don't know how much measuring to give it. If it runs, and you've got another of those slow-balls you can throw at it, do that. It'll be pretty easy to finish off. Until then, you're crowd control. Keep the horde busy so I can get in close. Got it?"

That seemed like a good plan. Tyria carefully started setting knives on the table, one at a time, checking each one and returning it to wherever it had come from. With as little actual armor as she was wearing, it was a pretty good question where she'd been keeping all of them. Knives progressed to a couple swords, a giant axe, a halbred, and a warhammer - all of which she checked over, then tucked away, seemingly in her pockets.

Okay, so really she was pulling them from her home locale and just doing it really quickly, but it was still fun to watch people's reactions.

Eventually she decided she was satisfied with her gear. "One more thing. I'm sick of thinking of you as 'not-Kara' and it seems a bit awkward to think of you as 'monster-girl.' What do you want to be called, sweetheart?"

Contingency

Post by Contingency » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:48 pm

illirica wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:24 pm
"I am good at hunting monsters," Tyria said. "Partially because I don't run off after them the first time I see them. Most of it is about planning and preparation. I'll try to get a strike in, but I don't know how much measuring to give it. If it runs, and you've got another of those slow-balls you can throw at it, do that. It'll be pretty easy to finish off. Until then, you're crowd control. Keep the horde busy so I can get in close. Got it?"

That seemed like a good plan. Tyria carefully started setting knives on the table, one at a time, checking each one and returning it to wherever it had come from. With as little actual armor as she was wearing, it was a pretty good question where she'd been keeping all of them. Knives progressed to a couple swords, a giant axe, a halbred, and a warhammer - all of which she checked over, then tucked away, seemingly in her pockets.

Okay, so really she was pulling them from her home locale and just doing it really quickly, but it was still fun to watch people's reactions.

Eventually she decided she was satisfied with her gear. "One more thing. I'm sick of thinking of you as 'not-Kara' and it seems a bit awkward to think of you as 'monster-girl.' What do you want to be called, sweetheart?"
Angela didn't appear to be particularly fazed by Tyria's ability to seemingly pocket countless large weapons into a somewhat skimpy armor Maybe it's an illusion or she's also a speedster too, not a big deal anyway. A couple melee weapons isn't something to go home bragging about even if they're made out of the bones of things she has killed then Tyria asked for her name and Angela raised her eye brow curiously no you don't get that right, my name I'm not giving it and I doubt I will being do that ever to you Angela's face hardened and she tilted her chin up in defiance "you can call me Kara and that's all you're getting, you don't like it then that's too bad. I'm sure there's plenty of things we don't like about each other" Angela crossed her arms and stared down at Tyria in a sort of I'm still upset at you and don't you forget it kinda way, then Angela mumbled under her breath "stupid to want my name anyway, I just know you're going to hurt me later in some way or form" Angela ceased to mumble and raised her voice "alright do you want to go now or wait for the rain to end?"
Last edited by Contingency on Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

*"But it was as pure as a white pearl;I would have never expected to fall for a girl"*

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:11 am

Again with the Kara. There was no way Tyria was calling her that, especially knowing it wasn't true. There was something about feeding in to the image that was just a bit much. She wasn't going to let it get to her, though. This time, she just grinned and said "Whatever you say, darlin'. Let's head out now. Rain won't hurt us. Won't hurt me, anyway."

She shouldered a poleaxe that looked an awful lot like a couple of claws tied to a stick, if claws were two feet long. She wanted something with a bit of range on it, and enough heft to hit hard when it struck. Hopefully it'd be enough to put the Corrupted down without too much fuss. She walked towards the door, looking out into the storm, then glancing back over her shoulder.

"Bet you're cute when you're wet."

Contingency

Post by Contingency » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:37 pm

illirica wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:11 am

"Bet you're cute when you're wet."
What...the fuck?
It wouldn't take long for Angela to lead Tyria towards one of the Corrupted's patrol areas even as it rained cats and dogs it only took about half an hour after they left the diner to get where they were now, yet since they left Angela refused to verbally respond to the teleporter after the rather lecherous comment she gave. She's messing with my mind, trying to get in my head Angela gestured hand signals to Tyria to stop and still stubbornly refused to speak as she underwent some growing inner conflict Darling,sweetheart,cute...why is she saying these things? Angela stopped moving and rested a hand against a brick wall before suddenly letting out a short growl then smashed a portion of it in a display of clear frustration. The bricks cratered in from the force of her blow but the sounds of them breaking was muffled by the rainstorm that continued to rage on, a drenched Angela faced Tyria and pointed at the second story floor of an apartment like building.

Just go up there, I need to ugh. I don't need to be toyed this way Angela gave a disgusted face but it was less directed towards Tyria and more to herself for feeling so vulnerable, she walked away after pointing at the apartment and then began jogging to a police station across the street.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:01 pm

Tyria was highly amused. The monster-girl was pissed off at her, and she did look cute when wet. Kind of in the soggy puppy sense, but hey, it was still fun. Tyria was almost starting to like her, except then they got to the part with the growling and the breaking of a wall. Right. She's still a monster, you know. It was probably best not to let herself forget that. She'd keep her word about alliances, of course... but she had to keep her head in the game.

After all, monsters couldn't be trusted. The monster gestured to a building, and Tyria gave her a professional nod, then disappeared from her view entirely, reappearing on the second floor of the building. She was silent and cautious, just in case this was a trap.

Contingency

Post by Contingency » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:54 pm

illirica wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:01 pm
After all, monsters couldn't be trusted. The monster gestured to a building, and Tyria gave her a professional nod, then disappeared from her view entirely, reappearing on the second floor of the building. She was silent and cautious, just in case this was a trap.

Little light of the big light Wink was the name of the female corrupted tasked with pushing into the Northen territory and eliminating the R.R.M, her senses were normally nothing special unless of course a person of angelic origin appeared. Twenty one years ago her unique vision allowed her to see the celestial energy of a person which had a bright white glow no others had, this vision is what spared her from an attack that killed so many of her other brethren and now Wink has seen this same type of light return but it was not as bright as its predecessor.

"Little liiiight ohhh sooo briiighht"
Wink whispered her voice in a teasing manner as it echoed across the seemingly abandoned police station that the Nephilim entered, Wink blended in the shadows perfectly and began projecting a mental signal which would travels hundreds of meters away from her current position and attract and nearby undead or alien creatures of Ravenholm. "Little liiiight ohhh sooo briiighht" Wink chanted again and various small alien critter s dubbed Skullcrabs would awaken from their hibernation in the building where Tyria was waiting.

Angela cringed uncomfortably at hearing the Corrupted's voice and unholstered her pistol before pointing it at shadows that danced around her, then it came like a blur so fast that even her own heightened reflexes couldn't register it in time and she found herself launched fifty meters away and through several police station walls almost instantly. Angela smashed into a disabled school bus and remained planted on one of the seats as she attempted to recover from the sudden attack, she looked down and observed the red nanoarmor covering her stomach was gone seemingly destroyed from the force of the blow which now left portion of her skin by her belly exposed. "What the hell?" Angela commented in a confused state before coughing out some wads of blood and pushing herself up.

Then the skull crabs came crawling out of the apartment building, dozens upon dozens like a swarm came crawling out of every crevice. Most of these soccer ball sized creatures would target Tyria inside the building and attempt to latch themselves onto her head so they could hijack her spinal cord, mean while down below Wink appeared again teleporting a series of ten meters dashes with each teleportation leaves a ink trails and having a half a second delay, Angela raised her gun but it was too later and Wink appeared before Angela's face and slashed her chest thirty times in under a split second but to its surprise despite the large amounts scarlets of red flying into the air from the attack there was no damage left on Angela 's flesh when Winx finished.

"Little light's hard to snuff out!" Wink shouted before teleporting thirty feet back and on top of a billboard, she gestured towards Angela and a huge swarm of Skullcrabs would redirect themselves from purusing Tyria to now pursuing Angela who was taking a moment to catch her breath.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:33 pm

Of course, it talked. Tyria resisted the urge to sigh. She didn't like it when her monsters talked. The less verbose ones were so much simpler. Challenging, still, to be sure, but there wasn't the need to explain oneself. Fortunately, this one did not seem to talk overmuch, or at least, not in such a way that made any sense to Tyria whatsoever.

She wondered, idly, if people felt that way about her sometimes. There wasn't much time to philosophize, though, because the monster's singsong or Tyria's presence or the time of day or something else had woken up several little skittering things, and they were most intrigued by Tyria. Tyria was similarly intrigued, and promptly spitted one on the end of her polearm, leaving it there for further consideration while she slashed her way through a couple others. She was quiet about it, not using her teleportation skills. If the Corrupted didn't know that Tyria had those, it was all the better - and if it hadn't noticed her presence, better still. Tyria had decided to keep up the low-key cleanup and wait for Monster Darling, but the Corrupted apparently had other ideas.

Tyria still had no idea if it hadn't noticed her presence, but even if it had, it didn't seem to care one bit about her. What it did care about seemed to be Tyria's partner for the operation, and the Corrupted surprised Tyria by winking out of existence, reappearing down below. Ah, so that's what that looks like from the outside! Intriguing! Tyria smiled, offing a few more skitterlings on general principle, beginning to thoroughly enjoy herself.

Of course, she did not enjoy the bit where the Corrupted went straight for the pink-haired girl. She cut a swath through the little creatures, and kept an eye on the showdown below. Blood sprayed, scarlet. Oh, no, you didn't. The Corrupted teleported away, and the monster girl seemed to have recovered from the damage, but Tyria wasn't going to let that happen again. She teleported herself, weapon first, aiming to split the Corrupted open at the spine as she dropped from above. "That one's mine," she announced.

Contingency

Post by Contingency » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:28 pm

illirica wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:33 pm
Oh, no, you didn't. The Corrupted teleported away, and the monster girl seemed to have recovered from the damage, but Tyria wasn't going to let that happen again. She teleported herself, weapon first, aiming to split the Corrupted open at the spine as she dropped from above. "That one's mine," she announced.
Wink's auditory signal for the Ravenholm creatures was a success and a seemingly infinite swarm of potato monstrosities flooded out from out the apartment building and charged towards the bus Contingency was stumbling away from, Wink was then laughing malevolently for a few moments Good bye little light when suddenly she felt a disturbance in the air something heavy and instinctively she felt the urge to move and ended up doing so however she was yet not quick enough to avoid Tyria's attack as it caused a long but shallow grazing wound from the top of her back to lower back. "RAAARSH!" Wink hissed a beastial cry of pain as a weak corrosive liquid splurted out from her back right before she teleported ten meters away from Tyria and turned around to face her You, human! Wink bent her knees slightly and shapeshifted her humanoid looking hands into massive midnight colored blades Kill little light? Wink growled but suddenly pointed at Angela and signaled the swarm of Skullcrabs to stop its movements "Kill light now, or I will" Wink gave an ultimatum to Tyria but did not place any faith on it working.

Wink would wait exactly one second and regardless of Tyria's decision or statement, Wink would begin teleporting towards Angela while also ordering the swarm to dog pile the one in red armor.
Fuck I knew I shouldn't have done this, was not prepared enough Angela felt her legs now fully heal from the damage inflicted and was able to walk normally again but with one problem solved another came, there was a swarm of Skullcrabs headed to her from behind and she heard the discussion between Wink and Tyria I'm hers...?she still thinking about getting the kill on me even in the middle of this fight! Angela gnashed her teeth and felt angry at getting herself into a situation where she was surrounded by enemies from nearly every side. She raised her laser pistol up to her chest and projected a temporal bubble from her stationary position, the slow field instantly expanded and covered multiple street blocks which did slow down the swarm of skullcrabs down to a crawl however Wink's visible speed only took only a moderate hit perhaps because she was so fast that even a few reductions in her speed wasn't enough to change things just yet.

"Goddamit, she's too fast!" Angela shouted as she opened fire at Wink who appeared to be either outright evading the bolts after they left the barrel of Angela's gun or was evading Angela's aim.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:50 am

"Kill light now, or I will." Well, that was pretty straightforward. Tyria was having none of that, she wasn't going to let this upstart Corrupted kill her monster girl. She'd gotten a solid hit in, at least, she'd just have to get another - but other things were more important. She teleported, taking up a stance right behind the monster girl - not facing her, but facing away from her. Likely, the Corrupted would attack from behind.

Not with Tyria there, though. She held position as the swarm started in towards her monster girl, gritting her teeth and cutting through the ones that came from her direction. "Damn it, I told you. She. Is. Mine." And maybe that was getting a little bit too serious. The monster girl fired her weapon, and Tyria felt the slowness bubble expand around them. The girl probably expected Tyria to be stuck like the skitterthings, but Tyria half-turned, looking back over her shoulder with a grin. "Aren't you, darlin'?"

She laughed, but their troubles were hardly over. She wasn't the only one who seemed unaffected by the bubble - the Corrupted was closing in, and fast, prettily evading every shot that Monster Darling fired at her. Good! That was the sort of challenge Tyria liked. She moved, pivoting under her ally's gun arm and getting started on a swing of her weapon, teleporting mid-swing to land exactly aside their opponent, finishing her swing and attempting to take the Corrupted's legs off.

Tyria well knew that not having legs wouldn't slow down a teleporter... but it might be a solid enough hit to distract her enough that Monster Darling could get a good shot in.

Provided, of course, she didn't just shoot Tyria in the back for good measure, of course.