Don't go to Ravenholm [Location]

Roleplay locations.
Contingency

Re: Don't go to Ravenholm [Location]

Post by Contingency » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:00 pm

illirica wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:50 am
"Aren't you, darlin'?"

She laughed, but their troubles were hardly over. She wasn't the only one who seemed unaffected by the bubble - the Corrupted was closing in, and fast, prettily evading every shot that Monster Darling fired at her. Good! That was the sort of challenge Tyria liked. She moved, pivoting under her ally's gun arm and getting started on a swing of her weapon, teleporting mid-swing to land exactly aside their opponent, finishing her swing and attempting to take the Corrupted's legs off.

Tyria well knew that not having legs wouldn't slow down a teleporter... but it might be a solid enough hit to distract her enough that Monster Darling could get a good shot in.

Provided, of course, she didn't just shoot Tyria in the back for good measure, of course.
As the temporal field stabilized Angela gritted her teeth as she realized Tyria was unaffected by it Shit, my temporal powers don't work on her. Doesn't matter now gotta focus on what's infront of me "not helping!" Angela replied back somewhat annoyed to the tease but it was more a sense of urgency than annoyance If I didn't have to worry about her beheading me I could push myself a lot more but doing that will leave me exposed to monster hunter's attacks if she decides to finish me off after this battled with the corrupted is over the spot of flesh on her belly that was exposed now became covered up once again as the nanomachines replicated over the spot and melded over. Angela restrained herself from shooting as Tyria reappeared beside Wink, Wink even with the temporal slow present would managed to react to the attack but only just enough to avoid dismemberment.

The attack landed a ripped a not insignificant amount of flesh from Wink's leg that 'burst' a stream of acid in the direction of the attack, Wink let loose another roar and teleported out of Contingency's line of sight before she could get a shot in. "She's got a range limit on her teleportation, she can't have gotten too far" Angela alerted her 'partner' about the Corrupted's ability Might have known that or not, letting her know just in case anyway

Wink disappeared out of her foe's line of sight only to reappear inside the apartment building, Wink leaned against a wall and coughed a few wads of corrosive acid then took a few seconds pause to recover her stamina that was being strained from the rapid teleportation Injury is too significant, wound light and flee, Wink after her momentary paused would return to the battlefield but this time towards the bus that was behind Contingency "DIE!" Wink shouted as she used her arms to flip the bus in an attempt to crush Contingency underneath it yet whether the attack was a success or not the Corrupted would attempt to flee the radius of the temporal bubble by teleporting one burst at a time.

*"But it was as pure as a white pearl;I would have never expected to fall for a girl"*

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:09 pm

Tyria's blade bit in, releasing a splash of blood that caught her around the ankles, and burned something fierce. Ow! Acidic or corrosive, she backed off to assess the damage and flickered for just long enough to grab a damp rag from her personal store-room, wiping off the fluid. The damage didn't look too bad, but the opponent had gone.

Monster Darling called out advice about a range limit, and Tyria nodded that she'd heard. She'd switched polearm for pistol, better for hunting down a running opponent. A teleporting opponent maybe not so much, but she could still use bullets to force a directional choice if the other had a limited range, and with careful planning, it might be enough to get a knife in. She was getting ready to start a search of the area when the Corrupted suddenly reappeared, this time right behind a bus, grabbing it with some insane amount of strength and flipping it right towards Tyria's monster girl.

She moved in, without thinking, and grabbed her monster girl by the hand. "Come on!" Would it be enough? She didn't know. There was no way to know if the pink-haired woman would accept her help and let her teleport. Tyria didn't have time to argue - she wasn't indestructible, and getting hit with a bus was not an experience she wanted to have, no matter how adventurous it sounded. She pulled for the teleport, hoping that her monster girl came with her.

If she didn't, though, Tyria would just have to get herself out and hope that her monster girl wasn't easily flattened.

She pulled out of her teleport only a few meters away, fixating in on the Corrupted. She was heading towards the edge of the bubble, which meant she was moving in a single direction. Tyria fired off two shots, angled from each other, bracketing the direction that the Corrupted seemed to have chosen, and then teleported herself to the outside range of the path, knife in hand.

Bring it. You don't get to drop a bus on my monster girl.

Contingency

Post by Contingency » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:01 am

illirica wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:09 pm
She moved in, without thinking, and grabbed her monster girl by the hand. "Come on!" Would it be enough? She didn't know. There was no way to know if the pink-haired woman would accept her help and let her teleport. Tyria didn't have time to argue - she wasn't indestructible, and getting hit with a bus was not an experience she wanted to have, no matter how adventurous it sounded. She pulled for the teleport, hoping that her monster girl came with her.

If she didn't, though, Tyria would just have to get herself out and hope that her monster girl wasn't easily flattened.

She pulled out of her teleport only a few meters away, fixating in on the Corrupted. She was heading towards the edge of the bubble, which meant she was moving in a single direction. Tyria fired off two shots, angled from each other, bracketing the direction that the Corrupted seemed to have chosen, and then teleported herself to the outside range of the path, knife in hand.

Bring it. You don't get to drop a bus on my monster girl.
Fine, lets go! Angela's suspicions and conflict were put aside for now and she mentally agreed with herself to take Tyria's hand I swear though if she leaves me in the middl- Angela's train of thought stopped half way as she found herself away from the bus but still in Ravenholm, "thanks" Angela said out loud in a dubious voice towards Tyria but was uncertain if she was heard since the teleporter opened fire twice with a pistol before relocating closer to the Corrupted. "Shit, I don't think even she's fast enough to deal with it with out some extra help" Angela closed her eyes and grimaced fine I'll give her a chance but just this once Angela felt several of her ribs shatter then she dropped to both knees and held her sides Fuck it hurts she let out a cry of pain and as she did multiple slow ripples generated wave after wave which stacked the strength of her temporal slow.

Wink heard the gunshots but she wasn't too concerned with it, small metal, easy to parry Wink then saw Tyria appear in front of her and responded by accelerating her own movement speed. Wink gave a good push with her good leg from behind and traveled towards Tyria with a sonic boom that disrupted the near motionless raindrops behind Wink, yet as Wink was traveling as fast maybe faster than the speed of a bullet even in this field of slowness. Then she slowed down A LOT, Wink's super sonic burst of speed lost its momentum when she was only a quarter away from Tyria then she stumbled and nearly tripped.

LITTLE LIGHT! Wink growled with annoyance as she realized Angela's pained cry synchronized in time with slowing her movements even more than before "should have destroyed the light first" Wink stated calmly towards Tyria then shaped shifted her hands into meter long blades the same ones that she used earlier to easily cut through Angela's armor.

*"But it was as pure as a white pearl;I would have never expected to fall for a girl"*

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:13 pm

The thanks was... forced, but at least it was there. Tyria wasn't actually sure if that was progress. She's just another monster. I shouldn't want her thanks, anyway. Whatever she was, though, she was the monster who was currently on Tyria's side, and not the one that was currently her target. Tyria watched her 'ally' as she... dropped.

That wasn't really what Tyria had expected her to do. Something changed, though, and the bubble seemed to strengthen. The Corrupted stumbled in her charge, slowing down to a speed that was... more than manageable. Tyria grinned as she continued her approach, growling about the light again, and raised a gun to make an effort to shoot her in the head.

It almost never worked, and yet it was always worth a try. Tyria was already in motion, though - those blades looked vicious, and she didn't want to be on the receiving end of one. She'd armed herself with a knife, of all things, usually a critical error to take a shorter blade. For a teleporter, though, range was what she made of it, and with meter long blade-hands, the Corrupted was going to have trouble at close range.

At extremely close range. Tyria teleported in close, close enough for their bodies to touch, and punched a dagger forward towards the Corrupted's belly while slashing another across her throat. She closed her eyes and ducked her head, teleporting back as quickly as she'd gotten in. The less of that blood she got on her, the better.

Contingency

Post by Contingency » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:36 pm

illirica wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:13 pm
The thanks was... forced, but at least it was there. Tyria wasn't actually sure if that was progress. She's just another monster. I shouldn't want her thanks, anyway. Whatever she was, though, she was the monster who was currently on Tyria's side, and not the one that was currently her target. Tyria watched her 'ally' as she... dropped.

That wasn't really what Tyria had expected her to do. Something changed, though, and the bubble seemed to strengthen. The Corrupted stumbled in her charge, slowing down to a speed that was... more than manageable. Tyria grinned as she continued her approach, growling about the light again, and raised a gun to make an effort to shoot her in the head.

It almost never worked, and yet it was always worth a try. Tyria was already in motion, though - those blades looked vicious, and she didn't want to be on the receiving end of one. She'd armed herself with a knife, of all things, usually a critical error to take a shorter blade. For a teleporter, though, range was what she made of it, and with meter long blade-hands, the Corrupted was going to have trouble at close range.

At extremely close range. Tyria teleported in close, close enough for their bodies to touch, and punched a dagger forward towards the Corrupted's belly while slashing another across her throat. She closed her eyes and ducked her head, teleporting back as quickly as she'd gotten in. The less of that blood she got on her, the better.
PLOP!

Surprisingly the bullet struck its mark and a bunch of squishy monster meat followed by corrosive blood 'popped' out the end of Wink's head but it didn't kill her, true she was partially blinded and in a lot of pain but she wasn't out of the fight even as the hole in her face occasionally splurted some acid out like a leaky hose. Tyria moved in and landed a successful strike to the Corrupted's belly while it was disoriented from the previous bullet to the face however Wink did manage to teleport away before the slash to the neck was delivered. Wink now somewhat recovered her focus from the headshot and made her counter attack, Wink would teleport behind Tyria and thrust her bladed hands forward before spinning like a spinning top in a pseudo countermeasure for if Tyria was deciding to teleport behind or around Wink.

Angela began standing back up as Wink did her whirlwind spin of death, the pinked haired girl raised her pistol and opened fire. Another successful hit and Wink stopped her attack as a fresh hole was made on her shoulder "YOU!" Wink growled in annoyance before slashing the ground in front of herself repeatedly with powerful blows, these blows would kick up a lot of dust and debris which would provide Wink with better concealment and probably make it harder for her foe Tyria to land a good hit with just the short blade on hand.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:21 am

Acid stung Tyria's exposed skin as her knife struck home, giving her a brief moment of regret for her "armored bikini" preferred attire. Still, though, it was moments like this that were why she dressed the way she did. No risk, no reward, right? She didn't have time to wash it off, though, not right now. She felt the displacement of the air behind her and teleported quickly, a blade grazing the skin near her spine - enough to bleed, but nothing that a few stitches wouldn't fix.

She was spinning too fast for Tyria to get a knife in, but Darling had other ideas about that, and a well-placed bullet put an end to that particular maneuver. The corrupted was furious, striking the ground and raising a cloud of dust for protection. Tyria might not be able to strike her in the dust with a blade, but she didn't need to use a knife - and the movement of the dust told her that the Corrupted was still inside the cloud, and would conceal what was happening outside from the one within just as much as it did the other way around.

Tyria slipped into her armory, grabbed a different weapon, and attacked from above again, this time not with a tiny knife, but with a giant smashing hammer of spiky death.
9e191332f43aafd50ad2b0b244b9ea17.jpg
9e191332f43aafd50ad2b0b244b9ea17.jpg (293.68 KiB) Viewed 237 times
Really, she didn't get to use that one nearly enough.

Contingency

Post by Contingency » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:16 pm

illirica wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:21 am
Tyria slipped into her armory, grabbed a different weapon, and attacked from above again, this time not with a tiny knife, but with a giant smashing hammer of spiky death.
It's true Wink's action to kick up dust also obscured her vision but she never intended to stay in the same place for long however she did hope her foes would believe that she would stay in place, Wink had a plan and at the rate of which the battle was going she was sure she couldn't defeat Tyria in this current state and instead Wink changed focus to the one who was limiting her speed by a great deal. Contingency was close, close enough for the Corrupted to reach her in one jump and that's exactly what she did moments before Tyria's cartoonishly large hammer hit where she used to be.

"Good bye" Wink whispered to a surprised Angela and instead of performing a slashing attack as Wink did earlier she would thrust one bladed hand deep into the pink haired girl's gut and out her back. Wink twisted her bladed hand and snapped off her own wrist, leaving Angela impaled with the foreign object and Wink with only one good hand as the other was just a stub sprouting more acid.
"GAH!" Angela groaned in pain when she felt Wink lift her up with the blade hand that pushed clean through her body, this surge of pain manifested in her temporal powers and caused her nearby surroundings to get hit by a temporal wave. The swarm of Skullcrabs in slow motion were turned into dust as Angela inadvertently aged them to death and even caused some buildings to finally collapse, Wink then dropped her "shit" Angela commented as she was incapacitated by the surge of pain overflowing through her body. If I didn't have a healing factor I'd be dead now Angela closed her eyes and cried tears of agony as she reached for the blade that was by her gut and then gripped it.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:01 pm

"Leave it in!" Tyria yelled at her, exasperated. Always leave the blade in. It was better to pull it out later, with someone there to staunch the blood. Of course, she wasn't sure how Darlin' wasn't dead already... maybe just providence. After all, Tyria wasn't going to let anyone else kill her. Least of all herself, by accident.

And as much as she'd like to go help with that, if she didn't take care of the Corrupted, then there wasn't going to be an end plan anyway. She'd dropped the hammer, blinking in close behind her, this time stepping forward and wrapping her arm around the Corrupted, skin on skin, heedless of the blood. Tyria couldn't teleport someone else who didn't want to be teleported, nor could she teleport herself unless she let go. It was risky. It put her in place, kept her there... but it should hold the Corrupted there as well. "I told you," Tyria whispered, in her ear, low and soft, her hand petting the creature's hair, "That one... is... mine."

Her hand snapped back, and the motion triggered the blade hidden in her wristband, a shard of sharpened metal that ripped free from its catchpin and stabbed towards her opponent's neck while Tyria held her close.

Contingency

Post by Contingency » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:35 pm

illirica wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:01 pm
Her hand snapped back, and the motion triggered the blade hidden in her wristband, a shard of sharpened metal that ripped free from its catchpin and stabbed towards her opponent's neck while Tyria held her close.
Wink was already running on fumes when Tyria appeared, the grab was a success and Wink's attempt to teleport away was also stopped. I killed one, I'll scar the other Wink couldn't offer much physical resistance in terms of getting away but she did intend to scar her enemies and make the victory a costly one, Wink moved her stubbed hand and attempted to press it against Tyria's thigh while using the acid spilling from her eyes to coat the arms that held her all while writhing like a worm. Some acid even managed to fall onto Contingency moments before Tyria finally silence the corrupted with a blade to her throat, a oddly shaped object popped out of the Corrupted's throat and Wink went immediately limp.

Wink was now dead, the corrupted's green blood oozing out of its lifeless form.
Leave it in?...no I can't I can survive this but those corrosive burns I have to Angela's breathing became labored but she was able to summon enough strength to detach the back portion of her armor with the press of a tiny button, she slid the red chuck of metal in front of herself as she layed on the ground bleeding profusely and on the verge of blacking out "Tyri-ah, med kit..come here..anti-acid" Angela said with exasperation as she entered the code to unlock her case and then flipped it open.

Weakly she reached inside and pulled out a miniature spray bottle then gestured it to Tyria, "quickugh" Angela scrunched her face when she felt the blade shredding against her regenerating organs "spray this on your skin to neutralize the acid"

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:44 pm

Tyria knelt as the Corrupted fell, not letting her go even for a moment. She reached aside and grabbed Corrupted's uninjured arm, aligning the blade across the thing's throat, holding the wrist down with one hand and stomping, hard, on the other end to take the head off the corpse.

She'd listened, after all.

Whatever the thing was that had dropped... Tyria glanced over at it, then pulled a little pouch from her belt, putting the object inside without touching it. She wasn't sure if it needed to be kept or destroyed, or how - but right now she had other priorities. "Easy, darlin'," she said softly, crouching down beside her monster and taking charge of the medical kit and instructions. She gave them both a decent squirting with the spray - the monster girl first, not so much because Tyria cared about her more, but because Tyria didn't trust her.

That's what she told herself, anyway.

"Let's get that blade out." She folded some bandages, carefully pressing them against where the blade had impaled, and grabbing hold of the other end. You know, it would be easy to kill her... right now.

But easy wasn't right. Not like this, she dismissed the half-formed thought, then gave the other a tight smile, and started to pull the blade.