Free Cupcakes For All!!! [open event]

Roleplay locations.
Maxx[2.0]ine
Platinum

Re: Free Cupcakes For All!!! [open event]

Post by Maxx[2.0]ine » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:13 pm

Emma grabbed another one of her own cupcakes and bit into it, being careful not to let any of the icing fall onto the piece of paper she was trying to read. This time, she was even slower with her reading, due to some of her attention being taken by the fact her hand was still stinging slightly from burning it on the tray. She finally managed to finish reading it, and felt slightly proud of herself. She opened her mouth to speak when a timer went off at the back of the kitchen. "Oh crumbs, I had completely forgotten about those," she said to herself. She put her half eaten cupcake down and looked at Reginald. "One moment, I need to go sort this out." She rushed off to the back ovens and got out several large cakes, each one slightly smaller than the next, amd put them together and started decorating them. This was something someone had ordered for a party, and therefore was the top of her priorities. This particular cake had a dark color theme with several gothic skulls and stuff like that, so was a great contrast to the decoration of the bakery. "I'll be back with you just as soon as I've finished this," she said to Reginald.
madness is a rational response to a crazy world

you need a little bit of insanity to do great things

Check out my writing thread, if you want ^-^

Rain

Post by Rain » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:28 pm

D'ling

The bell rang as the door opened, and a small stream of people came in to claim their free desserts from the open bakery event. Among the crowd, stepped in a short Asian woman sporting a gray beanie and a black jacket. "Not what I came out here for, but since it's free, I might as well get my sugar fix," the developer thought, justifying the dessert on account of the location. She had arranged to meet a guy who claimed to live around here. Though, on second thought, Rain paused to note a couple vacating a table in a corner of the bakery, it wouldn't hurt to do some minor chit-chat here. She dropped her bag at the table first, then went back in line to ask for a free chocolate cupcake from the cheery faced owner, and happily received the calorie-iffic confection before heading back to the table to wait. If it was as good as it smelled, she might order a dozen to take home and enjoy later. The brownies at the glass counter display didn't look half bad either.

Sitting in the warm light of the sun, Rain licked her icing and slowly relished the flavor while looking outside. Pity they don't sell coffee here, she thought, would go perfectly with this.
Last edited by Rain on Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hilo Takenaka
Bronze
Location: Down Under^45e45745745745743523232312212357878890774532445657795654376457243543656867973456325

Post by Hilo Takenaka » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:39 pm

The peaceful area of the Cupcake stall was slightly altered as the slightly masked man walked into the room. He picked up one of the cupcakes - a neon yellow one that tasted of sugar and lemon sherbets - and began to eat it. He saw the Asian woman; not too younger than he, sitting near a window. He then approached the woman, hiding a light smirk underneath his mask. ”Want me to get you a pie or a slice of tart?” he asked as he waited for the owner to finish sorting out cakes.
In all honesty; he wasn’t going out with her. Rather he was looking for weaponry that could be useful for his practices. Even though he tended to be neutral, he despised evildoers more than those that strived for good, making things interesting when money came into play.
He just hoped he could get a good deal.

Sandbox Characters
Anti-Virus
Trojan
Golden Falcon

Rain

Post by Rain » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:21 pm

The young woman raised her eyebrows, surprised at how tall the Golden Falcon was. She eased into a playful smile before warmly responding "I could use some coffee. Wouldn't by chance have any with you?" She waited for him to sit down, while appraising him. Six foot eight, and well-muscled. Wouldn't know anything about field performance, but his records look promising, Rain thought, dabbing a napkin on her lips before getting down to business. She pulled out a tablet, applying her thumb to its finger recognition and handed it over to him.

On it was a quick menu, showcasing an array of munitions. Rain didn't work on weapons that fired bullets or shotgun shells, but rather, powerfully cased rifles that streamed high-intensity lazers(with various toggles for focus), EMP pulse bombs, plasma pistols, tazer harpoons, and any other weapon that she felt inspired to add 'steroids' to. Naturally, the tooling, conductive but hardy material and miniature energy generators didn't come easy either. This is how Rain justified her high prices on the market; especially with off-menu deals which were also made with harder specifications. Although unsure of how much funds the man had stowed away, but the price tags labeled here were much higher than anything the Falcon used in his normal arsenal. But that didn't matter, she was here to cut a deal.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:03 pm

"...And so with all my might, I up, down, up-down to my appetite's delight. While I up, down, touch the ground, I think of things to chew - like honey, milk and ohmygoshCUPCAKES!" With a hefty, happy appetite, the girl in question was not precisely a hefty-happy Pooh, being more of the slender teen figure than the "tubby little cubby all stuffed with fluff."

If anything was stuffed with fluff, it was perhaps her head, but the only person who said that was her sister, and her sister didn't let anyone else say it either. That was... maybe something. It was probably important, but it was not as important as cupcakes.

In this world, few things were. The door opened emphatically, pushed aside by enthusiastic cheer and a joyful cry of "Cupcakes!"

Diara Anisele was not a hero, although she intended to be one some day, once her powers came in. She was still waiting for that, of course, but she was getting lots of practice in hanging around with her sister. Of course, her sister was not... precisely... a hero either, or at least, she wasn't the most heroic of heroes, but she did try to make things better for people. In her own way.

Always her own way.

Little sisters never got to make the rules. "Eat your peas, Diara." "Guns are not toys, Diara." "No, I don't know what that is, and you may not bring it in the house, Diara." "If you don't knock that off right this minute, I will teleport you to Australia, Diara."

That also didn't matter right now. Except for the teleporty-bit, although Diara was pretty sure this was not actually Australia. It didn't have enough kangaroos. Or wombats. "Wombat" was a great word. "Wombat, wombat, didgeridoo," she sang to herself idly, crossing the brightly done room up to the counter and presenting herself with expertise. "You have cupcakes! You are my new best friend. Can I have a cupcake? Then we can be friends forever."

Maxx[2.0]ine
Platinum

Post by Maxx[2.0]ine » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:01 pm

Emma hummed to herself as she finished off decorating the gothic themed cake. She went over to the fridge she kept most of the chocolate based decorations in and pulled out a medium sized box. She looked at the cake - which was about 3 foot tall and was sitting on a 2 foot table, meaning the top of the cake was 2 inches higher than her - before looking around for something. "Now, where did I put it...?" She saw a stool near the wall. Emma grabbed it and took it over to the table. Then, she pulled out the decoration from the box - it was a realistic looking human skull made from white and dark chocolate, something she had actually made herself - and stood on the stool. Very carefully, much more careful than many thought possible of her, Emma placed the chocolate skull on top of the cake. Having done that, Emma went to climb off the stool. But, as she did so, the stool wobbled and Emma fell off. "Owchie! Clumsy me..." She looked at her leg, which she had scraped on the floor. It was bleeding. "That is why it is annoying being a clumsy short person," Emma said cheerfully. She stood up and went over to the counter, pulling a first aid box from beneath it. She looked through the box, trying to find a sticky plaster. When she did and sorted out her leg, she looked at the new customers. There was the Asian lady and the man in the mask, who were talking, and then the girl who seemed as cheery as she was. She laughed slightly. "Of course you can have a cupcake! What cupcake would you like?"

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:42 pm

"Ooh." Diara hesitated, momentarily defeated. The trouble with choosing a cupcake, of course, was that it meant not choosing all the other cupcakes. She stared in helpless confusion. Usually her sister solved this problem by saying "Diara, go sit down," and then coming over a moment later with a cupcake... but her sister was not here. Diara was going to have to fight this battle alone.

The cupcakes in the window offered no easy solution. They all looked good. How could she know which one to choose?

There was just nothing to it. She was just going to have to tap into the depths of her reserves, and activate a power she hadn't known she had until precisely this moment. That was how it happened on TV, of course. Diara took a breath, and began. "I. Would like..." Yes, that was it! That was how it started. Now she just had to finish it... but it was all together too much for her conscious mind. She closed her eyes tightly, covering them with one hand, and raised the other hand in a gesture to bring the effect to completion. "thatone." Her finger pointed, blindly, but it had done its job.

Diara Anisele had selected a cupcake.

Maxx[2.0]ine
Platinum

Post by Maxx[2.0]ine » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:50 pm

Emma grinned. She could tell how difficult it was for the girl to choose just one cupcake, and knew the struggle herself. The one the girl had pointed to was a chocolate filled vanilla cupcake topped with pink buttercream icing and rainbow sprinkles. "That's a brilliant choice," Emma said. She handed the cupcake to the girl, wincing slightly as she felt the pain from where she scraped her leg on the floor when she fell.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:18 pm

Diara accepted the reward for her flawless victory with as much grace as she could muster, dipping a finger into the frosting and licking it off. "Mmmm... you really are my new best friend," she announced, definitively. She set the cupcake down on the counter and appropriated another fingerful of frosting, peering over the counter curiously. "Did you get a bonk?" she inquired, less discreetly than she probably thought she was doing. "I could help by..." she trailed off, not precisely sure how she could help. "Well, I don't know. My super-powers haven't come in yet. But I'm sure they will soon," she added, eating another fingerful of frosting for emphasis. "I'm going to be... the very best, like no one ever was - to catch them is my real test.... no, wait, that's Pokemon. I'm going to be a superhero. Are you a superhero? Because your cupcakes are super amazing."

Maxx[2.0]ine
Platinum

Post by Maxx[2.0]ine » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:33 pm

Emma laughed again. The girl reminded her so much of herself. "Yeah, I did hurt myself," she said cheerfully. "I was silly and fell off of the stool I had to stand on to put the thingy on top of that cake" - she pointed to the gothic cake with the chocolate skull on top - "and scraped my leg on the floor. And no, I'm definitely not a superhero. My cupcakes aren't half as good as the ones my mum used to bake..."