Free Cupcakes For All!!! [open event]

Roleplay locations.
illirica
Sandbox Mod

Re: Free Cupcakes For All!!! [open event]

Post by illirica » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:09 pm

"That's... a very interesting cake," Diara commented, "It's like... Cake Skellington. I like cupcakes better," she added, excusing her lack of gushing enthusiasm for what was actually a pretty awesome cake... but a cake in the corner was nothing to a cupcake on the counter. Diara peeled back the wrapped on hers, breaking off a little bite to eat. "Maybe your superpower is making cupcakes. That would be awesome. I can't do that. I can make noodles, most of the time. Except when I set the apartment on fire. I don't mean to, though. I wonder if my superpower will be making cupcakes?" That would certainly be a useful sort of superpower. Not like those people who got stuck with lightning powers or something - you couldn't do anything with that.

Maxx[2.0]ine
Platinum

Post by Maxx[2.0]ine » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:17 pm

"Cupcakes are definitely a lot better, but someone wants that cake for a party. I made the skulls on it myself." Emma grinned. She thought for a moment about making cupcakes as a superpower. She picked up a cupcake for herself to eat; this particular one was a recipe her mum had came up with. She bit into it. "Making cupcakes may have been my mums superpower. Mine isn't. Do you wanna see what mine is?"
madness is a rational response to a crazy world

you need a little bit of insanity to do great things

Check out my writing thread, if you want ^-^

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:52 pm

"Oh my gosh, do I ever!!!" Diara exclaimed emphatically. She might not have had her own super power yet, but that didn't stop her from being interested in others. It was always good to know what other people could do - then she could daydream about what she'd do if she had that kind of power. Sometimes her sister would even talk to her about it, although her sister seemed less interested in the daydreams and much more interested in who had what power.

Myne was way too boring, sometimes. Diara hoped she didn't get boring once she had a superpower. Of course, Myne had kind of always been boring, as long as Diara could remember... but Myne had had her superpower almost as long as Diara could remember, too, and she'd been hiding it for a while. It just wasn't fair. Diara was seventeen already. Her super power needed to hurry up and get here!

Life, sometimes, was decidedly not fair at all. On the other hand, life had cupcakes, which tipped the scale back in its favor again. Diara broke off another bit of her cupcake to eat, pretty sure she was actually in paradise.

Maxx[2.0]ine
Platinum

Post by Maxx[2.0]ine » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:05 pm

"Some people say mine is a bit boring, but I like it..." Emma said. "Even if it just is tele... tele... tele... I can't ever say the word. The thingy which lets me move things without touching them." She turned to face the 3 foot cake and moved it to a cool storage room without touching it. "It has its uses. Like moving stuff. And it stops me from ruining stuff by dropping them. Earlier, I nearly lost an entire tray of cupcakes! That would have been awful if that had happened..." Emma turned back to face the girl. "What's your name? If we're best friends, I need to know your name. Mine is Emma."

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:49 pm

"Oooh, telekinesis," Diara said, maybe showing off a little bit that she knew all sorts of big words. She wasn't stupid or anything - she paid attention to the things that interested her, like superheroes and cupcakes. It was just that it was really hard to concentrate on boring things, like homework and whether she'd remembered to turn the stove off. "That's a cool power to have. I bet you never have to worry about getting things down off of a high shelf, either. And I bet you can juggle."

She sighed, mourning her current powerless state - but like any sadness, it didn't last long with her. She had a cupcake and a new friend - what sense was there being sad? "I'm Diara. Unless the D is silent. I kind of think that was just in Detroit, though. Etroit? It got a little confusing there for a bit. But you can call me Diara. Emma's a nice name. You're friendly. I like that. I've spent way too much time with boring people, lately. It's not my fault. Really not my fault, I mean. But it's nice to meet someone who knows what the important things are." Like cupcakes.

There were very few things in the world that could possibly be more important than cupcakes.

Maxx[2.0]ine
Platinum

Post by Maxx[2.0]ine » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:04 pm

"Yeah, te-le-ki-ne-sis," Emma said, saying the word slowly, so she could actually say it. "People think I'm stupid for not being able to say the name of my own power, but I'm not." This was true; Emma was actually quite smart. "If I didn't have it, I would need to use a ladder to get the top shelf. And yeah, I can juggle." She picked up three cupcakes and juggled them, not even ruining the icing. "Diara is an awesome name. Its unusual. I've always thought Emma is too normal." Still juggling the cupcakes in mid air, Emma picked up another one and ate it in two bits. "You're friendly as well, which is awesome. Some people who come in here are boring. Boring people are just very... boring."

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:51 pm

"You're not stupid," Diara said quickly. "Not at all. No one stupid could make such awesome cupcakes. My sister says that 'just because you have different strengths doesn't mean you're an idiot. It's leaving the stove on that means you're an idiot.'" That had the cadence of a complete quote, when she spoke it, which it was. Diara did try to remember, she just... got distracted sometimes. Hey, there was pudding in the cupcake! That was awesome. Diara liked cupcakes better than pudding, but pudding inside of a cupcake was perfectly okay with her, as long as it wasn't something gross like coconut flavor. Diara didn't like coconuts, and didn't really see why anyone else would, either. They kind of looked like elephant poop before they were cracked open, and Diara didn't think it was a good idea to eat anything that-

Oh. She'd spaced out a moment there. Diara pulled off another bite of her cupcake.

Hey, there was pudding in there!

No... wait, she knew that. She was... she was... talking to Emma. Her new friend. Right, that was it. And they were talking about... telekinesis and not being stupid and boring people. See? I can too pay attention. "I'm sorry about the boring people," Diara said, "You could try making them more interesting. I bet you could use your super powers to give them frosting hats. Then they'd be much more interesting."

Maxx[2.0]ine
Platinum

Post by Maxx[2.0]ine » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:59 pm

Emma laughed. "That would be funny. Very funny." She pictured the boring people in suits with frosting hats. It would be hilarious, bu the people would probably get angry about it, which Emma wouldn't like. But she knew how to sort people like that. Thinking of that reminded Emma of something. "It would be funny to scare them slightly as well. You wanna see something awesome? Its something I made myself."

Hilo Takenaka
Bronze
Location: Down Under^45e45745745745743523232312212357878890774532445657795654376457243543656867973456325

Post by Hilo Takenaka » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:14 pm

Scratching the bottom of his chin, Golden Falcon observed his options and cocked his head in slight confusion. “I know you mean well but... I can’t buy any of these. It’s all too high tech, which would easily ruin my career as a hitman. Well... actually... do you stock any sort of armour? Nothing bulky or heavy but something that can take a tonne of punches?” He smiled underneath his mask before looking at the young woman. “And no; I don’t have any coffee on me. But I can definitely see why you want some. These cupcakes are delicious.” He smirked as he sat down. “So... considering we have not much else to talk about... where are you from? What can you do?”

Sandbox Characters
Anti-Virus
Trojan
Golden Falcon

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:55 pm

Maxx wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:59 pm
Emma laughed. "That would be funny. Very funny." She pictured the boring people in suits with frosting hats. It would be hilarious, bu the people would probably get angry about it, which Emma wouldn't like. But she knew how to sort people like that. Thinking of that reminded Emma of something. "It would be funny to scare them slightly as well. You wanna see something awesome? Its something I made myself."
"Is it another cupcake?" Diara inquired, hopefully - but it seemed that was not to be. How sad. She had eaten half her first one, too... but that just meant she had half a cupcake, which was still very much a positive thing. Diara was a cupcake-half-there sort of person, not a cupcake-half-gone sort of person.

She supposed that even if what Emma had to show her wasn't another cupcake, it could still be interesting. Not as interesting as another cupcake, of course, but interesting nonetheless. She broke off and ate another bite of cupcake. "Okay," she announced, "I am now fully prepared for awesome."