Circle of Ash [Open Event]

Roleplay locations.
illirica
Sandbox Mod

Re: Circle of Ash [Open Event]

Post by illirica » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:16 pm

Words were spoken. Harsh words, angry words. They weren't directed at Myne, but even if they had been, she might not have listened. She didn't move, when the angry shouting started. She didn't move, when the woman turned away, to search in the dirt for something that might, once, have been recognizeable as a person. There was nothing for her to find, though. Just dust and droplets of things that didn't bear thinking about all that much. Myne let her look. She didn't care to stop her. She didn't move.

Not when the man ran towards her, either. His face was all contorted with rage. The ground began to crack beneath him. Would he raise his fist against her, blast her with the fury of the galaxy? She met his eyes for a moment, and waited for the strike, and did not move. She didn't care to stop him, either. It didn't matter. None of it mattered. Diara was gone. Myne had tied her into the spell because she, of all the people in Ashfall, knew how to hope.

And now, that hope was gone. Gone like Diara. Myne wanted to cry for her, but the tears would not come. She was beyond them, maybe. Waiting for the strike that would end all this madness. She couldn't save Ashfall for her sister... and was there truly any reason to save it without her? Let the imminent collision fall upon the defenseless once more. End it. End it, end it, end it. She didn't move.

The Titan moved. She hadn't commanded it, and yet move it did. Giant hands cupped around her, and whatever strike had been aimed her way impacted, shattering away into nothing. It could have crushed her, but it protected her instead.

Couldn't it have protected Diara? Why not? Why her? Why was she here?

She didn't want to be here. The hands of a giant cradled her, unharmed. A moment passed, and she reached out her hand. The chalk she had used to control the titan fell to the ground, and her fingertips rested against its palm. She said nothing to it, wrapped up in her own sorrow. Her sister was gone.

Beneath the sorrow, there was the seething hot rage. Anger. Fury. Wrath. He killed my sister. He killed my sister! He killed my sister...

And, sinking below that, there was the guilt.

I killed my sister...

The tears came then, and fell away into the dust.

LunaHawk

Post by LunaHawk » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:34 am

The White Guardian tapped a button and the spear tip of her weapon retracted. She slid the staff into its sheath, turned her back on everyone present and walked out of the circle. To hell with all of them. The one person of any merit here was now splattered all over the ground. Outside of her, you had the sister who took things too far, the child soldier who fell apart when he was needed the most, Captain Shitfuck and...well that one guy that actually talked and asked questions might have been ok, she never had a chance to find out. Maybe Humanity deserved defending, but she didn't see many good examples of it here. The town itself was full of jerks, murderers and drug lords, the whole lot could be taken to the butcher block tomorrow and the world wouldn't suffer for it.There was, she figured, a few good people in the town but she'd not seen them.

She slid her hands into the pockets of her trench coat and folded her wings, making them disappear with a thought. She had really hoped to find people here who needed help, her help, anyone's help. What she'd found was a bunch of people that needed to be shot and a mech piloting hatchling who had no business doing it. She sighed to herself and looked up at the sky but there was no comfort to be found there either. Well, to hell with it. She walked through the town, past collapsed fossils and clouds of blowing dust. People were coming out of their homes to see what was going on now and her eyes narrowed.

Why the hell didn't they fight for themselves anyway? Why were Humans so ready to retreat into homes and hide from danger? As if hiding behind a paper thin wall made any difference. If she was looking for any of the things Xae had told her about, she did not find them here. Just a lot of disappointment...and murderers. I don't know what's worse, the villains or the heroes that just don't care.

Mastermind

Post by Mastermind » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:26 am

LunaHawk wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:34 am
illirica wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:16 pm
Armada wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:12 pm
Virtue wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:58 pm
The White Guardians answer to his question didn't seem to come fast enough for him to think of a response, too soon Mastermind was warning him about a very dangerous move. That of Chevron, in a moment he was told not too move, that by the time he could get there and get the girl and get out, it'd be too late. Whether or not they were right didn't matter anymore, he was too late to move either way. The girl the man had launched towards was little more then a bloodied crater. His eyes fell as his heart did, he could hear the pain of the woman, the voices all seemed to go silent for an instant, all but Psycho,

"Well it's her own fault." It said to him speaking of the woman who did this being the cause of the girls death, Benjamin slammed his fist against the stone of the building using the emergency escape to get down quickly, "Shut up." he cursed at the voice. No time to think about the odd language of the White guardian, about what the situation had been before, it was something else now. He looked at Chevron and the White guardian as she lectured him.

The titanous machine guarded the woman and in spite of the clear gap in power between Ben and Chevron he walked right up to him intent on placing a hand on his shoulder, but whether or not he, "I've seen criminals who put more thought in their actions then what you just did. I'd suggest you don't do any more of your moronic moves until you get an ounce of a brain back." he said in a cruel disgusted voice shoving away from him again and heading towards Arin next. He'd try and get to Myne afterwards, but he had to assume that woman just killed was her sister, no doubt she was not likely to want to talk to him right now. And White Guardian had started walking away, so while he would have liked to have a talk with her about this, the best decision might be discuss with Arin about this as he was the potential counter powerhouse if Chevron decided to go after the woman again. However, he didn't exactly seem to have been in the greatest of states.

"How are you?" The question was not exactly asked like a friend, but almost like if a doctor were trying to assess someones condition by asking them the question. There were a lot of things going on at once and Mastermind starting talking again trying to help him organize it all while analyst told him who to go to first potentially.

Azra
Bronze

Post by Azra » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:06 am

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (38.16 KiB) Viewed 310 times
A piece of paper kicked to the winds torn from a newspaper sometime before. Found its way to be splashed in the gore of the latest dead and then to Razor. It was all to familiar, the disconnect one has from just an article being read was what the living weapon felt in person. There was a woman to young to know better but to old to be devoid of choice. Way saw it the most recent dead accepted being an accessory but was someone who maybe had to much of a struggle and might not have been able to tell family no. Dwelling on it to long muddied the waters who was dead and why the soldier needed to form a clean cut answer. The sister would do whatever the older one asked she took the job though maybe didn't read the risks. So what of the one to set the stage that would culminate in visceral crossfire?

There was sorrow there, despair that was palatable but it was also empty. It wasn't a scream or a flood of tears, she was human and so there was hurt but the degree was debatable. The living weapon would bet on two outcomes within the mind, being idle do to grief. Or a quest for blood and vengeance, the kind that probably wouldn't be satisfied until death do to self blame. Maybe that was the change others needed that would take time however and time wasnt always acceptable to wait on. The victorious side needed to finish this up. But what of the "winning side" they likely didn't see themselves as such to be honest.

The guardian came in white and this was getting a bit to dirty for that kind of dress up. Maybe it was fair to be so disappointed in the outcome to decide to just walk away. The person who walked away wasn't going to bring about change however. There was the man in a mask, seemed of good heart and fractured mind but slow to act Rayne would say. He was fine just hopefully next time would be more active in a roll. The pilot looked like he wanted to help but for it to also stop, his machine didn't seem rampant though and at least he was active. In death he'd gotten off his ass the pilot no longer someone she need have grievance with. The dragon slayer, the golden boy who was under scrutiny did his best to remain strong. He however also pulled the attempted strike against the villain. There were casualties in war fact he found nobody to save was just apart of these things to Razor. He did right in Razor's opinion, was just some times doing what was right was hard to stomach. Looking to the pilot and golden hero she gave what little words of wisdom she thought she might be able to provide.

"You should kill her, maybe it's mercy maybe it's prevention, shouldn't change the action." That choice didn't seem Razor's to make. In a world of metahumans however prisoners of war was only a liability. If they were going to trample buildings and reduce dumb teens to paste they could at least finish the mission. She went off to find the one dressed in white, a woman dressed like something pure and above it all despite being here. To the living weapon that was the kind of actions for a soldier who didn't have the stomach for war and was thus just a liability to change. Ash and chalk rolled in the air, signs of conflict and blood was plenty to find and to the woman who only knew a life of rip and tear it was drowned out just the washed out backdrop of a scene.

Jade eyes looking to lock with the heroe's eventually. "An officer who barks orders but never leads won't help go anywhere. You disgusted? So are they get over yourself, or hop on." Razor's remark made with the sound of her claws retracting from her knuckles in an invitation of further conflict. Things were likely coming to close the living weapon however wouldn't have been herself if she hadn't tried to spark change or kill off what looked to be a liability to achieving more.

LunaHawk

Post by LunaHawk » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:33 am

The White Guardian detected Razor before she said a word. She had intended to ignore her until the female chose to speak. She gave her head the slightest of disgusted shakes and paused in her walk. She cocked her head slightly to one side, fires blazing behind her where the magic barriers had been destroyed, now somewhat in the distance. She made no move for her weapon, she was in no mood to fight someone just because they felt like it. Normally a hot head, the pilot had all the heat taken out of her right now.

"No one ever said anything about leading. Go away." She started to walk again, unconcerned or unimpressed by the other female's abilities, not even turning to look at her. "I think I've had enough talking to humans today." Apparently though, she hadn't, because something in her was still quite angry and she suddenly spun around, her cloak flying out behind her like a cape with the sudden speed of the maneuver. "Did it ever occur to you this town isn't worth it? The life of that hatchling was worth ten of this town, the murderers, the corrupt and the drug lords out number the innocents, it's a shining model of the depths of Human failure. So is the fact any of you would call that a win." She pointed towards where the 'battle' had taken place.

She shook her head. "There was no victory here. The chance for victory was squashed by someone not willing to take the time to investigate or listen to those who already had. Everything about this could have been prevented. All she wanted to do was get rid of the criminals, I was going to talk her down, we all were. Then golden fuckbucket came in and just started punching everything. No one needed to die today. Instead they're celebrating victory when there is a hatchling splattered all over the ground, a family ruined and a town's last hope left in scraps of gore. Nothing changed here and now nothing will. He may as well have singed the death warrant of the entire town and its future generations. Drop your pathetic presumptions and open your eyes. You're surrounded by the stench of society's stagnant decay."

Azra
Bronze

Post by Azra » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:46 am

LunaHawk wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:33 am
Anger was present and wild, a heart of a hero pored out on a stage like a girl's blood had been spilled onto magic signs. The fight was largely over however and to most the magic gone, for all the wrath however Rage didn't flinch. Maybe it'd be a contest of words, that there didn't need to be more bloodshed but that wasn't to say the living weapon was done. "You're actions said authority though, someone who could act in the moment." Perhaps more would have listened perhaps nobody would have. Maybe everything here was an unavoidable action who was Rayne to say? She just knew action and inaction and which she'd been programmed to expect to see. She wasn't going to go away, least not yet. A turn, enough to toss bangs out of Rsyne's jade eyes. "No your not" she countered knowing one of those speeches was coming. It served a purpose in the warped mind of a weapon to have it further drawn out. Patiently the weapon waited till it was her turn.

"No it didn't. I simply saw a moment for change" worth had nothing to do with it. The sword doesn't care about the battlefield just that it's on one. Value was put on one dead over the others, families were broken today but there was care for one over the rest those words implied. Some people were awful people living awful lives, and some had awful lives which spiraled them further to being awful people. This better than human didn't care though, ten broken criminals didn't matter compared to the value of a broken girl. What is the value of a life was clearly measurable to someone. "If you're better than them and it's such a failure why weren't you fixing it instead?" Here was a woman invested and involved a guardian who saw that things were shit, but she wasn't here to scoop it off the lawn either it didn't sound like. If people in mechanized knights, cosmic gold, or virtuous white had helped the city before a troubled artist did would things have been better? Of course Rayne didn't have the answers, just had eyes. They came, this is where they were at, now something had to follow.

"Did you really think you'd come to war on the streets and not find casualties of such? There's always blood in the water" the shortcomings were always disappointing to those with heart but in the eyes of the veteran blade she expected them all the same to suck it up. This wasn't a "hatchling" on the first round, there was a weapon and an inhuman guardian on this road no children. "You can yell at whoever you want. Doesn't mean you can reverse time and change any of it. Quit bitching and think ahead. People had to die today, they do everyday. Some don't deserve it either. Walking away doesn't help anyone though human or you. If you're comfortable saying nothing will change though. Then I would say you pissed on the dead before there's even a grave and should hang up that suit."

Chevron

Post by Chevron » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:18 am

Chevron wanted to keep his cool for the people who he had saved, for the people at home who looked up to him, and for Arin who he knew needed a friend right now more than ever. He struggled to do so despite telling himself over and over again that he had heard the same stuff before. He kept thinking to himself that it was okay because, they weren't saying anything countless people online had said. He tried to think of the fans that would always run up to him after a hard fought battle, to think of the kids that told him they wanted to be like him, and in spite of it all he couldn't keep his cool.

"None of you get it..."
He balled his fist in anger while keeping his head low, small drops of water falling to the ground. "...none of you get the value of a single life DO YOU!" He screamed at the three of them but, more importantly his screams were directed at every person who criticized him for things he couldn't control. "Those people in that city were no different from that little girl, the girl who did this, me, you, or any of us could've become those people. They need to be HELPED not massacred in the streets, what does an addiction not make someone a person. No matter the crimes someone commits they're still a HUMAN FUCKING BEING capable of doing good. I didn't want anyone to die, I didn't want that little girl to die, I don't want her to die, I don't want any of you to die, and I did everything I could to make sure that more people walked out of here alive rather than dead."

"I acted while you sat by letting her hold her sister hostage, I stopped the magic while you let it run wild, and when those flames crawled their way up trying to kill her I rushed in to save her I just wasn't fast enough. Maybe if any of you had pulled your heads out of your asses and tried to rush in to save her instead of just walking off she'd still be alive. Instead you saw things get tough and ran so DON'T YOU DARE INSULT ME FOR BEING THE ONLY ONE HERE WHO THOUGHT TO ACT. So get the fuck away from Armada and the girl. She's being arrested and he's a government operative who needs to be properly debriefed. That's the only warning I'll give before you join her on my list of people to bring in today."

With that Chevron moved to sit down next to the giant hand just hoping the girl inside could hear him. "Most importantly, despite everything that happened today, despite everything you did, I forgive you. Any lives lost, all of it, I don't hold it against you. You just wanted to make this city a better place and thats a noble motivation. I'm just hoping you can see the error in your ways and maybe one day you can put that power to good use here. Maybe one day you can clean this city up the right way." With that Chevron looked up at the night sky and, as he always did when he saved the day, he lifted a single fist. It wouldn't be long before Icarus and the shipyard got here which meant that as far as he was concerned this was over.

LunaHawk

Post by LunaHawk » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:28 am

Azra wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:46 am
LunaHawk wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:33 am
Anger was present and wild, a heart of a hero pored out on a stage like a girl's blood had been spilled onto magic signs. The fight was largely over however and to most the magic gone, for all the wrath however Rage didn't flinch. Maybe it'd be a contest of words, that there didn't need to be more bloodshed but that wasn't to say the living weapon was done. "You're actions said authority though, someone who could act in the moment." Perhaps more would have listened perhaps nobody would have. Maybe everything here was an unavoidable action who was Rayne to say? She just knew action and inaction and which she'd been programmed to expect to see. She wasn't going to go away, least not yet. A turn, enough to toss bangs out of Rsyne's jade eyes. "No your not" she countered knowing one of those speeches was coming. It served a purpose in the warped mind of a weapon to have it further drawn out. Patiently the weapon waited till it was her turn.

"No it didn't. I simply saw a moment for change" worth had nothing to do with it. The sword doesn't care about the battlefield just that it's on one. Value was put on one dead over the others, families were broken today but there was care for one over the rest those words implied. Some people were awful people living awful lives, and some had awful lives which spiraled them further to being awful people. This better than human didn't care though, ten broken criminals didn't matter compared to the value of a broken girl. What is the value of a life was clearly measurable to someone. "If you're better than them and it's such a failure why weren't you fixing it instead?" Here was a woman invested and involved a guardian who saw that things were shit, but she wasn't here to scoop it off the lawn either it didn't sound like. If people in mechanized knights, cosmic gold, or virtuous white had helped the city before a troubled artist did would things have been better? Of course Rayne didn't have the answers, just had eyes. They came, this is where they were at, now something had to follow.

"Did you really think you'd come to war on the streets and not find casualties of such? There's always blood in the water" the shortcomings were always disappointing to those with heart but in the eyes of the veteran blade she expected them all the same to suck it up. This wasn't a "hatchling" on the first round, there was a weapon and an inhuman guardian on this road no children. "You can yell at whoever you want. Doesn't mean you can reverse time and change any of it. Quit bitching and think ahead. People had to die today, they do everyday. Some don't deserve it either. Walking away doesn't help anyone though human or you. If you're comfortable saying nothing will change though. Then I would say you pissed on the dead before there's even a grave and should hang up that suit."
Vai had had enough. She was swiftly reaching the limits of her patience. She took a moment to just look at her, eyes utterly unreadable, expression suddenly completely deadpan. She unfurled her wings, their span more than twelve feet in length and stood for a moment like that, as if contemplating what she would do next. Ultimately, she didn't say a word. She simply took flight and left. Let these people think what they would. They could say all they want she had no respect for Human culture but if that had been true...a lot more people would be dead. She left them to take care of this the way their culture dictated, that was why she was leaving, aside from the disgust at the whole situation.

She gained speed as she pushed her disgust and frustration into physical action. She'd considered arguing with the female, but knew it wouldn't matter what she said. Everything would be twisted into a superiority complex and some strange belief that she hadn't taken action. Everyone kept saying that, as if they'd not paid any attention to the fact she'd been in the middle of talking the female with the magic spells down from a cliff of violence before it was interrupted by physical attacks. He could claim victory all he wanted, that he did something while she did not, they could all claim that...

but the White Guardian had chosen to use diplomacy before violence in a situation where it seemed to her that things were not what they appeared. Let them bitch.

WILDE JAGD

Post by WILDE JAGD » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:13 am

Arin heard the words of those around him, but he offered none of his own. He was no philosopher, nor did he have any moral lesson he wished to give any of the heroes. In truth, he just wanted it all to end, for them to all notice how far the situation had good. How no matter what, it was over, and it would be remiss to say anyone won. In all of their speeches he heard points he could agree with, but in the end, this wasn't the time. Perhaps it unfathomably stupid and naive for him to believe no one had to die that day. Or for him to expect this to be as ridge and as cold as the VR training that had attempted to prepare him. However, nothing could truly prepare him, not for this.

Looking up at the faceless man who approached him Arin wiped his eyes. "I'm... I'm okay." He responded, his voice hoarse and rough. It was clearly a lie, the boy was anything but fine. He just wanted to go home, he wanted to curl up in his apartment with a book until he couldn't keep his eyes open. He wanted to talk to his friends, to hear them laugh, he wanted to know it would be okay. He didn't want to be here. His head slowly sunk back into his knees, his shoulders shaking as the sound of a helicopter began to fade in.

The Armada paused as the chain binding it broke free, finally released from all outside control. Its eyes locked on to the woman between its hand, almost as if to question her actions. Why would she simply let it go? In the moments she had bound it, it had felt her rage, her anger towards the man. Even now as the tie was severed it could feel the hate, but rather than turn the force of the Armada against him, she had let it go. The titan's eyes blinked before it eventually pulled away, standing tall once more over the ruined battlefield. Perhaps it would never understand.

The monster gave one last look at its pilot before it began to move, away from the fossil beds, away from the city. Its feet slammed against the ground as it wandered off, leaving Ashfall behind. It would be tracked, of course, there was nowhere on earth it could go without being followed. However, for now, it was free. Free and alone, all it had ever wanted.
Wilde Jagd
ODIN
A sinner without a past
The Vessel
A machine without a home

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:51 am

The man who had killed her sister stood beside her, and told her he forgave her. As if his words could possibly mean anything. As if she hadn't watched him unleash the destruction that had killed her sister. He could have asked. He could have waited. He could have done anything, but instead he had killed her sister.

Myne pushed the guilt away, faced with a target for her wrath. She stood beside him as he raised his fist to the air in victory. Victory. No one was victorious here. Not him. Not the others. Not the people of Ashfall. Not Myne. Everyone had lost something, she thought, and she had lost most of all. You killed my sister, she thought at him, the tears drying into flushed anger.

She didn't fight him, though. She stood beside him, chill in her hatred, and waited for his reinforcements to come to take her away. There was no sense resisting, they told her.

There was no sense in any of it. She took a step as directed, then turned to the man who thought he was a hero. When she spoke, it was softly, barely enough to carry over the dust:

"I will never forgive you."