But Can You Fix This? (Closed RP)

Roleplay locations.
LunaHawk

Re: But Can You Fix This? (Closed RP)

Post by LunaHawk » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:41 pm

Vai listened to him but there was no remorse for the fate of telekinetics in her expression. They were part of Unity, everyone had burdens, everyone had to make sacrifices, that was theirs. Species success and unification was more important than any one person, it just was. It wasn't always a kind or pretty truth, but it was true. The alternative had been division and star system erasing war.

"I want...this world to be stable. I want to see Humanity make it through what Xae says is coming and I want to never feel like Nebraska again because I want there to be so many more good people than bad that it's never in question if it's all worth it...and I want this because I want to grow up here, maybe figure out some kind of family here... eventually...and I don't want to have to feel like it's all always going to be fighting for the basic crap these people should have figured out centuries ago."

She'd thought more about what she wanted in the future than she let on, Vai had always wanted a family of her own and she had no earthly clue how she'd get there now, but to call it planning...well...that would have been a big leap off a steep cliff.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:50 am

"There's something to be said for all that," he assured her, "But... 'stable' is a hard word to understand. It's a hard word to define. And what you think of as stable might be different than what the people here think." He stole her drink again, out of her hand this time, but just held it. "Xae and I talked a little bit just about... people. Humanity. They live very short lives. So, you see them as unstable because things get shaky every few decades, but for them, that's a generation. They make fast decisions. Sometimes they make the wrong ones, but I bet you've made some decisions you've regretted, too."

He did take a drink then, and sighed. "I don't know. I don't want to preach at you. I guess when you get down to it, I don't know any better than you do. The world's weird. The universe is weird. Everyone's weird. You just gotta be aware that you are someone else's weird." He considered this statement, then the contents of the glass. "And what is in this?"

LunaHawk

Post by LunaHawk » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:21 am

Vai considered this and nodded a little. He was beginning to make sense. Xae had said some of the same things to her. She thought about things she regretted as well and sighed a little. There were...things. Yes, plenty of them. She looked at him for a moment and took the glass back, setting it on a table across her body from him. "They call it moonshine, it's 120 proof, or about sixty percent alcohol by volume. You can mix various flavors with it, but I like it straight. They used to make it back when alcohol was illegal, but that's when people were dying because they were using radiators for stills."

She watched him a moment. "And if you keep drinking it, you might make your own unfortunate decisions." She smiled. "Thank you Kir...you're right, of course. They live short lives, they have to decide things so quickly. I should try to be a little more...open. I guess. I'm glad I have a friend like you I can call upon, I like Xae, don't get me wrong, but...well..." She shrugged, he'd know what she meant.

She did like that whole thing where he'd held her hand though and let her hand touch his for a moment. "I'm sorry if I struggle with Miei...I can't adapt to everything all at once. I know she means the world to you and I won't get in the way of that. Give me a little time to adjust to her...and to all this." She gestured to the world writ large.

She smiled a little. "I have a bottle of that stuff in my hotel room."

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:29 pm

"Moonshine, huh? Weird name for it." Kir knew all about unlicensed distillery processes, from... quite a bit of experience. He grinned, reminiscing. "Back when I owned a blockade runner, I used to distill all sorts of bizarre stuff in the back engine room." Some of those had led to quite the interesting concoctions, for sure. Kir hadn't done a lot of sampling, though - sometimes, sure, when he was in port, but in general he'd sell the stuff off. He'd been pretty good at coming up with exotic sounding names for it that didn't sound like 'half a shipment of some weird foodstuff he'd gotten for cheap because it was going out of date.'

"I get you about Xae," he said. He'd watched the two of them interact, and had some guesses about how their relationship went. "She's a good person, but you don't need her mothering you all the time. I like her, though," he added, amused. "Miei likes her. I think they're good for each other. Xae needs someone to mother. And Miei..." He trailed off, quiet. He did what he could for her, of course. She was his family. He loved her without question. But he wasn't her mother, and... well, some things were just different. "Miei needs someone like that," he added, quietly, then shook his head. "Enough about that, though. I left her home for a reason."

He reached back across her to where she'd put the drink, stealing it again, then standing and offering her a hand up.

LunaHawk

Post by LunaHawk » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:09 pm

Reaching across meant getting very close and her body responded instantly to his proximity and therefore the strength of his pheremones at such a range. Her breath hitched for a moment."Thief" She protested weakly. She looked at him as he stood up."You used to run a still?" She asked in the sort of awed tone young females from the core sometimes had around males from the fringe when they were interested. Humans had it too, the good girl attracted to the bad boy. Not that he was actually bad but by comparison she was practically an angel.

She took his hand and stood up, fumbling in her pocket for the key to her room. "I was wondering why I didn't see her here." She said and led him to the door, unlocking it. She entered first and tossed the key on the table. The room wasn't much, she didn't have Xae's money.

"Are you going to make a new still?" she asked.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:13 am

Wondering why she didn't see Miei? Kir was not touching that statement. It was either take the light route and point out that he'd intended this to be an adult meeting, which she seemed to be figuring out just fine and didn't need pointed out to her because that would be patronizing and annoying... or it was to take the heavy route and admit that he hadn't brought Miei because she creeped Vai out, and he was trying to avoid that as much as possible and let Vai adjust to the idea of Miei without forcing it on her. Which would also come across as patronizing and annoying, with a dose of extra weird and kind of creepy thrown in. Nope. It was best just to leave that statement entirely alone, and pretend it hadn't happened.

"I don't know," he answered the question that had been asked at the end. "I hadn't really thought about it. Maybe. Why, do you think I should?"

LunaHawk

Post by LunaHawk » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:09 am

Vai reached up to a top shelf and removed a bottle of moonshine, refilling his glass and filling a new one of her own. "I think you should." She told him with a smile. She took a drink from her glass and set it down. "I bet I have some stuff in my garage you could use for it if you don't already have things of your own."

She hopped up on the edge of a counter not at all far from him and motioned for him to move to her. She leaned back a bit, resting on her hands. "Kir, I really appreciate your outlook on things here...it's...obvious you are a little more flexible than I am and honestly...I think I'm going to need your help a lot more than I want to admit." Vai glanced down at her glass, as if wondering suddenly how much of it she'd had.

"And for some reason I tell you things." She added.