Can You Put That In Writing? (closed - Kelly, Felix, Sylvia)

Roleplay locations.
illirica
Sandbox Mod

Can You Put That In Writing? (closed - Kelly, Felix, Sylvia)

Post by illirica » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:41 pm

Dear Diary,
[float=right]Image[/float]
Oh my gosh, it’s like everything’s happening at once! Some of it I’m just not ready to write about yet. I guess I haven’t figured out what I want to say about that whole thing in Indiana. It’s a lot to think about. I’m sure I’ll write about it some day, when I’ve had a little more time. There’s something else I wanted to write about, though.

So, Felix and I had gotten the Rainbow Report going, right? And it’s still totally awesome, but it’s really hard to get our own news stories, because I’m, like, sixteen, and traveling is hard. Well, it’s not, but traveling as me is hard. My special-awesome-superhero-identity can travel just fine (that’s all tied up in that Indiana thing, so more about that later), but I really don’t want a bunch of people asking how boring me (lol, like I could ever be boring) gets around so quickly.

But we might have a solution to that! We found this girl on the internet, and she likes writing columns about stuff - truth, she’s probably, like, better at writing than I am. I love doing the interviews, but articles take soooo long. Anyway, she says travel’s easy for her, so Felix and I set up a meeting with her to have a chat. Here’s the scoop:

Cafe del Sol was a little place off the main streets, the sort of restaurant that was tucked into a tiny building, with most of its seating available on the roof above. Kelly Sanderson sat at one of the tables overlooking the street, most of the other tables being empty at this time of the afternoon, although there were still a few people out for late lunches. A glass of lemonade sat near her side, and like most teenage girls, she was totally absorbed in scrolling through stuff on her phone.

She was totally paying attention, though. The mysterious journalist Sylvia was supposed to be meeting them soon. Felix was already there, attracting some attention by being dressed in his cat-suit, as always. Kelly was probably attracting her own share of attention, too, with her striking rainbow-colored hair and fitted Solar City North Northern Lights Cheer tank top. Not that school was starting up yet, but Kelly was totally ready for when it did. Not that she’d, like, admit that, of course.

Summer was great and all, but it would be fun to be with her school friends again when the time came. She’d made a lot of super-awesome friends so far this summer, though. Emphasis on “super.” And, like, emphasis on “awesome,” too.

People were great.

lunahawk wrote:.
@lowlaville wrote:.

lowlaville

Re: Can You Put That In Writing? (closed - Kelly, Felix, Sylvia)

Post by lowlaville » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:10 pm

illirica wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:41 pm
Internet was the one thing Sylvia had never wanted to rely on, but then, she had completely relied on the medium to arrive at a few contacts. She was new in this gig as a reporter at in her opinion and as told by her various colleagues at the company, she couldn't survive without knowing people and knowing when something was happening. This was key to success. That was why she got in touch the superhero webblogger duo from Solar City. Travelling wasn't too much trouble for her, it was a few hours of ride on the box of a car that she had bought for a few hundred bucks but it ran, and that's what mattered.

She sat behind its wheel, a white scarf around her neck and ginger hair tied to bun behind her head, she was wearing normal casual clothes, a shirt and pants. Sylvia wasn't much of fashionista nor did she care about looking good for others. As far as she was concerned, if a guy was interested in her, they would be regardless of the clothes she wore. And she was not a fan of attracted men just for the heck of it. SHE WAS ALSO 17! She was not exactly legal to be thinking about a lot of it anyway.

Cafe del Sol. This was the place they wanted her to meet in. It was not exactly an indoor establishment. It was like a sandbox with a few wooden tables and chairs on the terrace. It would've been nice in an urban setting but with the traffic from the street below polluting the atmosphere with sounds and fumes, it wasn't exactly an ideal location for Sylvia. She persevered though, had nowhere better to be than here. She climbed a staircase that winded around going to the top.

They were most definitely an odd set of people. One was a cat boy wearing a latex suit with a tail, and the girl had rainbow hair. They weren't very subtle. But it wasn't their choice of dresses that bothered her or the fact that they were attracting a lot of unwanted attention. What bothered Sylvia was the thought that whether or not this duo was actually competent enough to be of use to her. She approached the small counter at one side of the terrace and paid for a glass of lemonade, compensation for the glaring heat, as she walked up to and sat near the girl who was scrolling through her phone. She knew what they looked like so it was easy to get right down to business.

"Hi, Sylvia Evans, you must be Kelly Sanderson," She introduced herself, extending a hand for a formal respectful greeting between people who might perhaps become some of her closest friends in this career. 'Friends' she supposed was largely a subjective affair in that they were people who came in handy in times of need, and people to avoid when you actually don't need them. Unless they came bothering of course. That was the best part of being 'friends'. She hadn't had any good friends in her life to speak of though. She had one single roommate back home that she grew up with in the Orphan, but that was mostly it.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:24 am

Kelly set her phone down on the table and took the extended hand. "Ohmygosh, hi!" she responded, enthusiastically. "I am so glad you could come! This is gonna be, like, the most awesome thing ever." Her enthusiasm was very much apparent, and also apparent was the fact that she meant every word of it.

"This is Felix," she introduced her other friend, "He's pretty good with the camera, and he's also good at finding out who we should, like, interview and stuff. I guess he's our line on superheroes." Plus Felix was, like, an actual superhero, which lent a lot more credibility to the Rainbow Report than Kelly would ordinarily otherwise have had as just some high school girl, no matter how totally awesome she was.

"And you obviously know who I am. Mostly I do the in front of the camera stuff, like interviews and talking to people. I'm pretty good at that. I do some back end stuff, too, on the internet, but, I'm like, not a nerd. Not that there's anything wrong with that! Just, like, don't want you thinking I'm some kinda computer guru, 'cause, like, whoa."

She waved a dismissive hand at all this. "But, like, we're not able to get around all that much, so we're really hoping to find someone we can rely on to travel and, like, write up reports of all the cool stuff that we only hear about. I'd love for that to be you, because you seem really neat and I love the stuff you've written so far. So, I kinda thought we'd talk about... you know, what your plans are. What your goals are, what you're hoping for. That sort of thing. And then I guess we see where we can meet on all that." Ha, Kelly Sanderson, total CEO! This was totally easier than she'd expected - she could do this, no problem.

lowlaville

Post by lowlaville » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:58 am

illirica wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:24 am
She seemed.... Enthusiastic. Sylvia smiled at her response, looking over at Felix, her friend as Kelly introduced him. "Nice to meet you Felix" She nodded towards him, the boy in a cat suit, before returning her attention to Kelly, her elbow on the table, resting her chin on the palm of her hand. "I really like the stuff you guys do and the people you guys meet on a daily, and I would love to write for you guys, I suppose you've already seen the articles I've written, but you know, I'm only a beginner so I need you guys to advice me on direction and who to approach and whatnot. Sort of like, you guys assign me certain tasks and I can write about them in due."

LunaHawk

Post by LunaHawk » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:33 am

"The Pleasure is mine M'Lady." Felix said with a deep, graceful bow and a genuine smile. "I think with our combined skills we can be absolutely paw-some." He took a seat beside Kelly and smiled. He seemed almost sheepish to be complimented so openly but chose to say nothing about it. Instead he listened in to the conversation. "I know a few people...and they know a few more people. One of them kinda depends on if she's feline generous...and if I can find her." He said, thinking of his fellow cat themed super hero in Solar City. He'd met Xae once, he wouldn't exactly call them friends and frankly he found her frightening. Retirees were supposed to be old and wrinkly and play bingo.

She was none of those things. It was weird.

He smiled though, not really bothered by it and wondering what Kelly interviewing her would be like. He knew one thing, the result would be totally purr-fect. He had read some of the other girl's articles and was really excited to maybe team her up with the blog. Being able to get some reliable information from outside of Solar City and have someone write would be great. Kelly was awesome with interviews and he loved camera work, but neither one of them cat-egorically loved writing.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:26 pm

"That sounds great," Kelly said in response to Sylvia, "A lot of times there's all sorts of people I'd love to get interviewed, but I can't really get out there, you know? It's a tragedy. But with you here, you can, like, get out there and do stuff. We can get things set up for you so you don't have to worry about that, but if you can be our travel-journalist and write up all the cool stuff... and, like, especially some of these big things, you know? I'd love to get out there and talk to some of the people who were in those big things like in DC or Nebraska, but my parents would ab-so-lute-ly have a cat."

She glanced over to Felix at the completion of her idiom. "Er. Sorry, Felix. You know what I mean. Anyway." Her hand waved, dismissively. "There's tons of people out there, and, like, actually most of the heroes are super cool. A lot of them if you just ask nicely, they're happy to talk for a while. And the ones that aren't, well, they've probably got other things on their minds, so we try not to bug them too much. But, Felix is pretty good at finding people, so, yeah, I think we can make it work."

She gave Sylvia a serious look for a minute. "So, like, what about you? Who do you want to interview most? What interests you? And... like... how are you gonna make sure you stay safe when you're going places? Because none of us want you to get hurt for the sake of an article. You're way more important than any story."

lowlaville

Post by lowlaville » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:54 pm

illirica wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:26 pm
LunaHawk wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:33 am
"Paw-some!" Sylvia smiled at Felix, "The more the merrier Felix," She had genuine curiosity to see what this guy was capable of out in the field. Both of their material were illustrious enough, and she needed a strong crew to back her up. Who better than a cat boy dressed up in a cat suit that also had a ton of cat puns to go along? Her attention turned to Kelly. They seemed to be on the same page here. That was very good for an alliance! "When you want to dream, why dream small?" Sylvia asked, a snarky grin rising up across her face as she glanced at her audience, namely these interned nerds. "We want to make a name for ourselves and we do that by putting ourselves across the biggest names in today's world. We ought to start our thing with the names who played key roles in the events that transpired in DC. That's hot, and has the entire world on notice. If you can pull strings and fix buttons to get us a hook with any of them..." Sylvia gestured to Felix as she spoke, "We'll definitely be on that,"

Sylvia turned back to Kelly, "I don't really think there's anyone with a reason to want to target me My only interest lies in writing, and I don't snoop around dark places. I have my ways of getting around,"

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:20 pm

"That'd be great," Kelly said, "If you can get in. I don't know any of those DC people personally, and a lot of them were new faces... but I'd really be interested in finding out more about them, because a lot of them looked super awesome. I'll... scout around the internet and see what I can come up with. I don't know if any of them have a public email address, but, like, it's always worth a shot. If I find anything I'll definitely let you know, and maybe Felix can get in touch with some of his contacts as well. Agh, I just don't know enough people! It's a tragedy!"

Neither Kelly Sanderson, Rainbow Reporter, nor her superhero alter-ego Prism knew enough people, honestly. She needed to get out there more, meet more people... but Kelly Sanderson was stuck in Solar City, being sixteen, and Prism... well... Prism was working on it. It was just that she was mostly in the "Um, hi" phase of heroing and not, like, the "hey can I get your email address?" phase. Also, in the things she'd been in, there hadn't really been a lot of time to ask for email addresses.

And seriously, sometimes it was like people didn't want to get in touch all the time, which was ridiculous, because who wouldn't want to be in touch with her? She was totally awesome!

LunaHawk

Post by LunaHawk » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:05 pm

Felix rubbed at his chin in consideration. He didn't know any of those people either but part of being able to land interviews was that it seemed like people loved him. The over the top puns and the cat suit we're only off putting for so long. Eventually everyone loved his charm. He didn't wield it like a weapon it's just who he was and he was self aware enough to recognize that.

"I think I can get a person or two, given time. I'm feline pretty certain in fact.". He said with a grin. "No one can resist the power of puns for long." He added jokingly. "What about some of the other events, or do we just want to focus our effurts on DC for now?" Felix wondered, sliding in a pun with all the effort it took to breath. "The great thing about this is so few news and web outlets talk to the heroes at all, they just do things really fast and move on to something else like politics. I think the heroes deserve a voice.". Maybe that was a little self serving since he was a hero, but it didn't stop him from feeling that way.

lowlaville

Post by lowlaville » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:15 pm

"Yes, and I think we can capitalize on this thing here. The company I'm affiliated with is only interested in the news of incidents involving the metahuman kind. They are not interested in knowing about the heroes and villains or what their stories are. I think it's an excellent goal to write about their side of things, what makes them committed, why they do what they do and put their lives in danger for others. What's in to for them. These questions fascinate and me and I think I can help you guys bring to light these aspects of our community that most overlook in favor of watching the heroes take out the bad guy.

Point is, my company is willing to get me to places, and I think I can use that connection to get what you guys want. The only help I need from you is the knowledge of where and when to be."
Sylvia spoke with a certain air of professionalism in her voice, but this was her first time meeting with someone and discussing business, she was in fact quite nervous about the entire ordeal.