Re: Heart Breaker (Open Event)

Post by Contingency » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:26 pm

Hilo Takenaka wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:52 am
Orph wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:55 pm
illirica wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:47 pm
On hindsight maybe Angela should have been paying more attention to the still speeding car, though it seemed to be the only thing that bothered to acknowledge her even if it only did so by smashing into her at a high speed. Getting hit by a car hurt a great deal and Angela rag-dolled over the car as it passed by her spinning body Ow goddamit! she finally hit the ground only for a mental attack to reach her mind as soon as she did, graphic images of some deceased person flooded her mind and as it did Angela felt her confidence in some way or form become diminished "what is this?" she commented to herself softly as she stood up with some damage on her clothing. Angela looked back to where she last saw Myne and observed her getting carried away by some individual in a jetpack "they're not telling me what's going on" Angela murmured and recollected the memory that had flood into her mind not too long ago Wrecked van, multiple aggressors, almost completely abandoned highway...this is an abduction gone wrong Angela's face hardened with determination, her hope for this fight to end was gone because she now believed that this fight had to happen and that Myne had to win.
Hang in there lady, I'm not going to let them do to you what they did to whoever was in that image you sent me Angela ceased suppressing her powers and in the blink of an eye her appearance became distorted as both her size and hair instantly changed. Now she was wearing her trademark red armor and focused her attention to the new arrival, she remembered him as the one who borrowed her phone sometime ago which unfortunately she never managed to recover thanks to the actions of another metahuman.

"Alright, enough is enough" Angela placed one hand on her hip and spawned a temporal bubble near the vicinity of where she last saw Myne, Angela would then use her control over the time in the bubble in an attempt to drastically and continuously slow down anything that was not Myne to a significant extent. After doing this Angela would propel herself backwards with a powerful kick and try to land near Myne shortly before pulling out her laser pistol and readying it "I got your back, these kidnappers won't hurt you on my watch" Angela said these words in a way to inform Myne that she would be supporting her in this battle.

*"But it was as pure as a white pearl;I would have never expected to fall for a girl"*

LunaHawk

Post by LunaHawk » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:37 pm

Saya wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:39 pm
As the man tore her blade from the fallen Black Squad member's chest a scowl formed on Saya's face. She would address the matter of the stones momentarily, right now she had something more important to deal with. Under no circumstances would she ever tolerate something wielding her sword. Especially with the intent to use it against her.

So as the man attempted to strike her down Saya responded not with an infernal arm, but by sliding her sheath by into the sash by her belt and confronting the attack with her bare hand. Slamming both palms on the moving sides of the blade and locking her fingers together behind the single-edged sword. Before she'd push the blade to the side and loosen the man's grip on the hilt. Without the power imbued by drawing the Suiteki Blade, it was no faster or stronger than a normal blade, as so it's movements were in the range of Saya's enhanced perception.

However, catching the blade carried with it significantly more downsides than the man swinging it could have guessed. When she had been shot before there was little reaction from the demonic swordswoman. It was unclear whether she felt them, much less was hurt by them. Yet when her palms touched the holy blade a brief scream of pain left her mouth before she could stifle it.

As soon as her hands came in contact with the steel the points of contact began to blister and burn. Her palms were left red and raw, with a painful scar directly under where she'd touched the sword. Pushing through the unfamiliar sense of pain she moved forwards and moved in close to the man who'd stolen her blade. Attempting to slip in she'd place on hand on the hilt of the Suiteki Blade before slamming her other against the chin of the wielder. Forcing the two away from each other at an angle that would force the man to release her blade.

After which she would waste no time reclaiming it and placing it back in its sheath where it belonged. She knew she didn't have long before the Squad once again opened fire on her, but her mind was on something else. The two pieces of jewelry that offered her the power to dispell whatever had twisted the woman's heart.

While the words Akuma or the Stygian Moth meant nothing to her, she was aware of one thing. What the stones had told her about the situation wasn't too far off what she'd initially guessed, just with different names. If the stones could be trusted that meant that while Myne was the current problem, there was a much greater one behind it. That this transformation was just a symptom of a greater epidemic, one that would spread even more if she wasn't cleansed here.

[float=right]Image[/float]

In the end, the choice was simple if the power of the God Stones would give the ability she needed, then she would wield them. It wouldn't be the first time she'd been bestowed powers by a greater source and the way her life was going it wouldn't be the last.

Her hands reached out, accepting the God Stones and placing them upon her ears. Let's hope you know what you've gotten yourself into, she thought, directed more at the stones then herself.

With the stones now in possession she looked upon the members of the Black Squad, before addressing them for the first time. "Return to your master, this fight is over." She didn't expect them to leave, not after killing four of them. However, she would give them the chance none the less. As she spoke she placed her hand on her hilt, before a low rattling could be heard from within the sheath. One that got louder and louder, until it began to sound like the gnashing of teeth. They would get the one chance to retreat, or the blade would be released.

[/font]
The moment she put the ear rings on Saya was infused with increadible power. Her wounds healed, her reaction time more than tripled and she could physically see the black aura that surrounded Myne. The telepathic link she shared with the stones filled her mind with new information, a wealth of knowledge about the Numinous Stones and their long history being used to aide heroes, the corruption of the Moth Stone millennia ago for evil purposes and that three other stones were presently active, the stone of the Moth, the Fox and the Cat.

There was more but the stones withheld it. Regardless of the powers the stone chose to withhold, it gifted her with the knowledge that defeat of My need not be fatal, that if Saya could find a way to touch the prison manacle on her left wrist she could draw the Akuma out and depower it's victim, drawing the negative, soul twisting energy out in the process. The Akuma could then be cleansed, Myne contained and the conflict ended.

The God's Eye stones lit up on her ears as they activated and their power pulsed through her body like a cleansing wave. In his hidden fastness Stygian Moth recognized the power instantly.

"Heart Breaker! The woman with the sword has been gifted the powers of the God's Eye stones! Get them from her and give them to me!" At long last...after so much planning and research they were within his reach. Hils ultimate desire was finally attainable. As he watched the battle unfolding Stygian Moth couldn't help but smile. So much work had gone into getting to this moment, even hoping the God's Eye had not been destroyed as other stones had been. Now here they were... almost within reach.

There was only the need for Heart Breaker to win. Unfortunately that was presently out of his hands. He had given her the powers, but he couldn't use them for her. So he waited and watched with baited breath.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:22 am

The man had crashed into her, to his downfall. He crumpled on the soil beside her, and did not rise - trapped somewhere. Not here, Heart Breaker didn't think. Somewhere else, far away, long ago, his own private nightmare. She wondered what it could possibly be that crushed him so badly. For a moment, she almost felt bad.

Then she laughed. Why should she? It wasn't like the heroes ever felt bad. They just wallowed in their own self-congratulatory mire, too blind to see the world crumbling down around them. Let him suffer, then. At least she would have the satisfaction that one of them could feel something.

The grenade exploded at the sound of her laughter.

It came from above, the man who'd been riding on the car, now perched atop something else like a vulture waiting for someone else to explode into bloody gobbets. It could have burned, but it didn't. It could have pierced, but it didn't. Instead, it just hissed. A rapidly expanding foam cradled her to the ground where she lay, cool and soothing. She moved with it, moved in to it, let it cover her. Let it surround her entirely. Heart Breaker closed her eyes, and watched her sister die as the foam hardened. It was a quick affair, but then again, so had been the death of her sister.

She breathed, slowly, and tested its limits. Breathing was... easy. Unconstrained. Movement, not so. She twitched a few muscles, testing the strength of her shell. It held, no matter how she struggled against it.

Excellent.

A personal set of armor was more than welcome. As usual, the heroes didn't think about the consequences of their actions. Certainly, she was contained, but Heart Breaker's powers didn't rely on contact. They merely required her target to be nearby.

His troops approached, fodder for her madness, and he had the audacity to tell her to surrender.

She reached out for all of them, and pulled at their hopes, their confidence. Pulled everything, and pushed outward the blackening pit of despair. Let them feel what it was like, when all that mattered was lost. Let them feel what it was like, when everything went wrong and they were powerless to stop it. Let them feel what it was like, to fail.

For the men, despair would be sufficient. Most of them, she acknowledged, were just people - they had a job to do, and they were doing it. It wasn't personal, and she didn't try to lash out at them with anything more personalized. No, because she was a thinking, considerate person who didn't rush in and destroy all the innocents beyond aid. She wasn't a hero.

The man who'd thrown the grenade was a hero. The man who'd thrown the shurikens. Him she was going to destroy. She was crafting for him, a vision to drown him in, when the voice of a girl interrupted. "I got your back! These kidnappers won't hurt you on my watch!"

The absurdity of it! Somehow, Heart Breaker had managed to attract her own hero! One who, no doubt, deserved to suffer just like the others. One who, unrestrained, would destroy all the innocents around her in trying to "protect" Heart Breaker, who'd add deaths and more deaths on top of what happened here already today, all because she wanted to help.

Heart Breaker could have stopped her... if she hadn't been stuck in the encasement. So, the heroes were just going to have to deal with each other. Those two, and the other one she could hear arriving, acting so very casual, as if this were just a child's playdate. Didn't he know her sister was dead?? And he came here, laughing and joking as if he deserved to exist in this cursed world without her.

The world would be a better place without him. The world would be a better place without any of them. She started crafting the vision that would bring them all to their knees.

"Heart Breaker! The woman with the sword has been gifted the powers of the God's Eye stones! Get them from her and give them to me!"

She gritted her teeth. Didn't he understand the benefits of waiting until the time was right? She could have had them begging for release, for death, for a hero to save them, and then that fool had to interrupt!

She didn't know if he had a heart at all... but if he did, some day, she would see it broken.

She would see them all break. She would see them all burn.

And she would burn with them. She didn't need to break.

She was already broken.

[spoiler2=#000000,#CC0000,Arial,"Let Us Burn"]
[youtube=IyCYdv-ydJk][/youtube][/spoiler2]
The fire spread out as the foam exploded, a brilliant conflagration against a sky gone pitch black. It rolled across the empty highways and touched the plains, the dry summer grasses catching the sparks and cradling them, cosseting them, keeping them alive and helping them grow. And like a child, the flames grew and grew, until they ran everywhere in their exuberance and the tempestuous heat once again lit up the night sky - yellow and gold and orange and red, red, red.

Red like blood, the blood of a girl who'd done nothing wrong. Innocent blood burned the brightest of all, and tonight, the whole world would burn with the blood of innocents. They would scream and tremble and die, as the heroes pretended to save them and only brought their demise down faster, harder, unavoidably. No innocent could stand against a hero. Tonight, though, tonight the heroes would burn with them, as would the whole world, until there was nothing left but broken darkness.

The wildfire raced across the plains, and the world trembled as it was consumed, and the ash fell from the sky.

lunahawk wrote:.
contrail wrote:.
orph wrote:.
contingency wrote:.
saya wrote:.

Aeros

Post by Aeros » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:09 am

Cast through time without a cause. So blind, so ignorant of what really occurred so many years ago.

You were being used, Brock, and you didn’t even know it. An instrument of orchestrated destruction, a weapon in the arsenal of the United States. A man who needed to be contained.

Death has followed you for so many years, LaVerne. When will it finally catch up and take you
?

Contrail stirred upon the displaced ground he’d dug himself into, groaning softly as his vision blurred. Was he alive? Yes. Every movement felt so painful, every limb screaming out in agonizing protest as he rose. Where was he?

1942. Auvergne, Paris.

I never really planned to be a hero. It just sort of... happened, I suppose. I was known as the Boston Barnstormer in the 30s because of all the ridiculous shit I pulled— and after every crash, every mistake, I came out unscathed. I chalked it up to small miracles; I never really felt any different than the average joe, and luck always had a way of turning in my favor.

During my time as a joint USAAF and RAF pilot, that indescribable luck followed. The Sparrow Pack was experimental, so more often than not they wanted me up in the sky with a bird, rather than a jetpack. My cockiness from the days of stunt piloting carried over into my flying during the war, and I was never the one to pay the price for it— after countless times of crashing, I always ended up fine. Unscathed, even, despite torn clothing and a few small gashes here and there. My partners, though... dead. Every time.

I had a reputation for killing my gunners. Eventually, nobody wanted to fly with me. That’s when they transitioned me off of the birds and into the Sparrow Pack. Started giving me that “Airman’s Tonic”, too.

I was as blind then as I am now. It was all too perfect for me to even consider something wrong.

Contrail rose from the mud as the night lit up with a cacophany of explosions, fire from artillery shells bathing the sky in a hue of orange and reflecting off the polished metal of Brock’s helmet.

This isn’t right. I’m not here— this event had come and gone, this suffering had long since faded—

For a moment, the field and its inhabitants came into focus. Brock blinked once in confusion as he surveyed the foam rapidly expanding around Myne, another girl fast approaching as—
A cry came from beside LaVerne, an injured soldier staring off into the darkened sky clawing at the slick ground as he whimpered out in pain.

”Help me, please, God...”

LaVerne shifted in the dirt, staring down at the wounded soldier as he held his hands over the body, unsure of what to do.

”Hold on,” Contrail muttered out, eyes scanning over the man’s body. Legs blown off at the knee. One finger missing, scars littering his face. A reddened pair of eyes met Brock’s own as a single cough pierced the ambient gunfire in the far distance.

”No. There’s not enough t-time for me,” The soldier coughed out, unhooking a pouch upon his chest and handing a weapon to Contrail.

A Luger, pristine in appearance. It had been at Brock’s hip throughout the entirety of WWII and had been carried, bullets and all, through the portal with him. The only object he could ever hope to rely on after being torn from his timeline so horribly, cast adrift through space-time and irreperably damaged. Contrail gripped its hilt as his eyes still retained the deadened look, his legs moving of their own volition as—
LaVerne stared down at the man, tears gathering in his eyes as the dying man’s face lit up with a small smile.

”Finish this.”

Was it the man who spoke, or was it his own voice who cut through the turbulent night?

As if awakening from a horrific nightmare, reality adjusted itself into focus like a crooked picture frame. Contrail gasped as his senses returned, the war hero kneeling over his Luger with both hands outstretched under it as if handed to him like some sort of precious artifact. Tears streamed down his face freely, now— and in a fit of rage, LaVerne clutched the broomstick handle of the Luger and looked to the immobilized Myne, not too far from himself due to the crash. Shooting to his feet, LaVerne pierced the temporal bubble—

In the RAF, they teach you to expect the unexpected.

—and for a moment, his body slowed down due to the barrier’s effects, limiting his movement as everything seemed to move in slow motion. His arm tried, tried with all the effort in his body but could barely raise more than a snail’s pace.

Then, electricity began to arc from his body.

A result of his rather aggressive rip through time, Contrail seemed to have been removed from space-time itself during his drift through the decades and as a result, his body was indomitable. Time knew not what to do with him— the nature of the bubble’s slowing effects had no ability to influence that which was ripped from it so many years ago.

As sparks came from Brock’s body and faded, his movement slowly sped up. Myne’s still body approached faster, now, and he could see the porous holes within the foam encasement. Small, yes, but still good enough. He hoped.

Contrail fired off his luger. The bullet shot out, but at a cost; dreadfully slower, due to the bubble’s anamolous effects. Confused momentarily, Brock stepped past the still-moving bullet and towards Myne’s encased body, pressing the gun to the aerated foam and angling it to hold the barrel directly over a hole in the hard shell before firing off his entire magazine.
Last edited by Aeros on Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hilo Takenaka
Bronze
Location: Down Under^45e45745745745743523232312212357878890774532445657795654376457243543656867973456325

Post by Hilo Takenaka » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:31 am

Looking over at the situation that laid before him, he shook his head. Why on EARTH did the girl that trusted him enough to search out her group suddenly turn on him; he didn’t know. Oh well... at least he knew what exactly what to do. Turning to Abaddon, he looked directly at him; his piercing gaze told him he wasn’t just some experiment.
“I can use electricity and radiowaves to travel. If you have some form of receiver, you can distract the opponent whilst I place it somewhere and I can warp when someone gets close. By the way... you see the girl over there?” He pointed to Contingency, slightly upset, “That’s a friend of mine.... and she apparently has more screws loose than the vans that are on fire. Spare them both, but make sure that she doesn’t get too hurt. I want her to learn a lesson; not pay a huge medical bill.” Although it was true that she worked in a secret organisation that most likely paid for hospitalisation, chances were that she’d pay dearly for her acts.

If the masked man ever doubted him, he locked eyes with him and nodded. “As a homeless geriatric that’s seen more in this world than likely everyone here, I know for certain that hope is never lost when you do things together. Teamwork makes things more efficient and right now you need the advantage. You already have shiny helmet man over there, but how long is he going to last? Put your trust in me and make a distraction. I have things covered. And don’t forget to keep them both alive.” He looked back over to Myne and made sure that he wasn’t noticed. She hadn’t done anything to him yet, so perhaps she didn’t see him as a threat. Thank god for that. Or don’t. Paschalis didn’t care st this point, as he was more concerned of making sure everyone was ok.

Sandbox Characters
Anti-Virus
Trojan
Golden Falcon

Orph
Sandbox Councillor

Post by Orph » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:16 pm

Oh, wonderful. Just excellent. not one but two civilians. That's precisely what I wanted here, to really spice up the fucking--

Silently, Abaddon dismissed that line of thought. Getting upset with these people wasn't helpful. One of them even seemed to think he had something to offer. The other one, though, was clearly just an idiot. He'd at least managed to immobilize Myne, but the girl had put up some sort of distorted-time barrier. The other hero was having some success penetrating it, and doing his best to put the woman down. Abaddon approved.
The vaguely-inhuman civilian was spouting some shit about trust and the power of friendship, which the Black Phantom largely ignored, but he seemed willing to help. After a moment's consideration, he nodded. "I'll do my best to give you an opening. Don't get in my way."

Then the girl in red spoke.

"I got your back, these kidnappers won't hurt you on my watch!"

The Second Shadow sighed audibly.

"You idiot. We're with the United States government. That woman you're protecting? She killed forty fucking people. Now stand down, or I'll take you to the same prison she's going to."

Still, neither Abaddon or the Black Squad attacked. Hostilities had slowed down, at least here, save for Contrail's attempts at executing the prisoner, but none of them were in a position to intercept him, being on the other side of the barrier. Not that Carter particularly cared to stop him anyways.
Some distance away, the fighting had stopped as well. Saya had reclaimed her sword, and received some sort of power-up. However, instead of trying to strike down the rest of the team, she'd decided she had a new mission. What's more, she had decided to let them go.

Silently, the team turned to their acting commander. He glanced between the fallen forms of four men- his friends, team-mates. He looked back at Saya. Under his mask, he clenched his jaw.

"Fine. Go."

With those two words, he lowered his gun, and slowly the rest of the team did the same. On their closed comm circuit, one of the other men spoke.

"Sir--"

He cut the man off quickly.

"She's not the objective. We'll take her another day. Right now, we need to focus on getting the other woman back in custody."

They didn't like it, but neither did they have a choice.
A myth where ultimate evil turns its gaze on humanity and humanity gazes right back and says "Gotcha."

Saya

Post by Saya » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:34 pm

Saya couldn't help but feel surprised as she watched the soldiers lower their arms and back off. She'd expected them to keep up the assault, however, it appeared that even the death of their comrades hadn't affected their rational thinking. Still, she wasn't going to complain, one less obstacle she had to push through. With a slight bow of her head, she released the hilt of her blade, causing the rattling sound to cease.

As she turned to face Myne the darkness the consumed her had taken on a tangible look. Something she assumed was the work of the God Stones, as no one else seemed to make note of it. Along with the vision granted to her, she felt something else given to her by the stones. The scars on her hand faded and the bullet holes had closed. Unlike what little she could truly remember about the night she consumed the yokai's blood, this process felt restorative.

She didn't have much time to ruminate on what other benefits she might have been given as the world was set ablaze. Fire streaked through the sky, scorching the plains around them. The sweltering inferno consuming the landscape around her, the air filled with howls and screaming. Yet the Bearer of the Demon Blood looked onwards unflinchingly. After all, she'd faced Ōmagatoki, the hour of convergence, when hell overflowed and the air smelled of blood. When compared to that, this hellscape was laughable.

Approaching Myne largely ignored the others who dotted the highway. She'd not try to reason or convince them of anything, if they had joined this battle then they clearly had a goal they thought worth fighting for. This was not the time for words. They'd chosen this path, whatever they encountered at the end was on them. Instead, she looked only at Myne, the warped reality around her, and the man next to her.

A single hand reaching back she withdrew a hand full of salt from a small pouch hanging from the sash around her waist. With a quick flick of her wrist, she sprinkled it in the air in front of her. A few stray crystals halting in the air as the entered the field. A brief harai, a cleansing ritual she performed before attempting an exorcism. While the situation was different than her normal job, she still kept the tradition regardless of how effective it was.

With a deep breath, she gripped the hilt of her blade before preparing to draw. She'd seen the area around the woman reduce bullets down to a crawl. However, that only meant it was slowing them, not stopping them. Meaning she had a chance. Her blade clicked as it left its sheath, Saya dashing forwards as she felt the rush of power wash over her. As soon as she entered the field she could feel its effects, dragging down on her as she moved towards Myne. While comparability she'd be moving at an almost inhuman speed it was still a crawl compared to her previous movements after a draw.

Not wanting to spend more time in the area then necessary her blade would lash out several times as she approached Myne. Seeking to hack away at the foam, removing some of the foam that was acting more as a shield than a prison. She wouldn't try for long, however, stepping away as the speed of her draw wore off, all before sheathing her weapon and preparing to last out again.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:04 am

Heart Breaker did something that few heroes ever thought to do: she listened. Her shield was secure, her enemies entangled, and she had nothing to do other than wait, and let them wallow in their own despair. Words echoed, but so few. Heroes never talked either. They just went in, guns blazing, and so it was no surprise when one of the sounds she heard was a gunshot. It echoed, but there was no impact.

Curious. A part of her wondered how that worked. She would have liked to study it more. Once, she had very much enjoyed studying. Sitting at her desk, with a pile of books scattered across the surface, a pencil in one hand and a notebook in the other. It had been a peaceful scene... but something was missing, wasn't it?

Ah. Diara. A little girl, or a not-so-little girl, seated on the floor. Making noise, when she was supposed to be quiet. Now she was quiet, though. So very, very quiet.

I didn't even get to hear her finish screaming.

Another gunshot. Closer this time. So very, very close, right beside her ear. The pores of the hardened foam were tiny - far too small for a bullet to pass through, and if it could stand against a superhero's strength, what was a gun in comparison but a weak toy? She was safe enough from bullets... but the tiny holes that let in air let in the faint scent of gunsmoke, and noise, and heat. The ignition of the powder was at an extremely high temperature, and while ordinarily a bullet would cool off after exiting the gun, at such a close range, there was no time to do so. The noise came first, a deafening roar, and before the ringing had faded away, the heat burned it into oblivion. Scorching, searing, releasing the scent of burned hair and flesh as the side of her head melted down to the bone.

In the distance, there was a cutting - a slicing of a whirlwind blade, taking off parts of the foam she had made into her nest, but Heart Breaker didn't notice it over the screaming agony.

Her powers came hard with the pain, and she pushed it outward, sharing - for all those there, all those within a distance she could reach. Let them feel the flames. Let them feel the melting flesh, the piercing sound followed by silence, silence, silence. Nothing could silence the pain, though. Nothing would ever silence the pain, the knowledge that she would never again be the same, no matter what happened. Burned, scarred, disfigured. Soul-shattered, bereft. They had destroyed everything.

They were the truest of heroes.

lunahawk wrote:.
contrail wrote:.
orph wrote:.
contingency wrote:.
saya wrote:.

Contingency

Post by Contingency » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Hilo Takenaka wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:52 am
Orph wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:55 pm
illirica wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:47 pm
Angela was so focused on Abaddon that she hadn't realized Contrail was immune to the temporal effects of her barrier and it was only until after he finished emptying his rounds into the super resilient foam did she notice him "Bastard!" she yelled in annoyance as she tapped into her powers and accelerated her own time so she would move much more quicker than normal, Contrail might have been immune to her time powers but it didn't seem like he could prevent her from enhancing herself with time. She accelerated towards Contrail and rather than shooting him in the head at point blank dozens of times she decided to use a less lethal action which was shoulder charging into him with enough strength that it would just about kill any normal man instantly He should be able to survive this, he did survive that fall that no person could walk off so quickly if he wasn't knocked out of the bubble as she had planned she would follow up that charge with a swift swinging kick to the side.

Then she turned her focus to Saya but Saya had already retreated from the influence of Contingency's bubble before she could do anything, Bitch! Angela raised her pistol and began firing her energy bolts one shot at a time towards Saya in an attempt to force the swordswoman to back away from the edges of the bubble, after emptying twenty or so shots she placed her focus back to Myne Come on Angela stay mobile, free this woman and get your assess out of here Angela separated one of the two hands she was using to hold her pistol and then pointed that free hand towards the mass of solidified foam. Angela accessed her entropy ability and began corroding away the foam which could have taken possibly days or hours to break apart naturally but with Contingency's power it would only take moments to quicken the break down process and free Myne. Just as the majority of the material had broken apart around Myne the pink haired girl would feel and see herself on fire "Argh, what the fuck!" she backed away and tried to pat down the flames to no avail It hurts it hurts! Angela closed her eyes and attempted to reverse away the flames but they still persisted what the hell, why aren't my powers working???

She looked back towards Abaddon and gritted her teeth as the burning sensation continued "Oh now you want to talk huh, well it's TOO FUCKING LATE NOW!" I'm not falling for that over used cliche, government agents my ass who the hell is going to fall for that trick? she raised her ELO pistol and began opening fire at Abaddon aiming to hit him anywhere for a incapacitating wound.

*"But it was as pure as a white pearl;I would have never expected to fall for a girl"*

Orph
Sandbox Councillor

Post by Orph » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:54 pm

Abaddon didn't scream, when the burning began. Even when the black shroud that kept him hidden from the rest of the world, cloaked in shadow and myth, caught fire. The Black Phantom didn't show pain. He just gritted his teeth, and reached for his flame-retardant, every one of his nerve endings screaming in protest. That was, until he realized. The enemy is a telepath. If she can project images, she can project sensations. And that means that this isn't really happening.

It wasn't quite that easy, of course. The psychic assault didn't cease once you realized what it was. But the Second Shadow had trained for this, as had the rest of his team. The best way to deal with these kinds of attacks was to focus on the basics. Sensation comes from nerve endings, transmitting information to my brain, through electrical impulses. My brain then causes 'pain' to alert me me to danger. However, in this instance, the danger is-- Abaddon's train of thought was interrupted, as the pain flared up again. He didn't move, but flinched internally, and out of the corner of his eye saw that his team was reacting worse. In this instance, the danger is simply false. The pain is being artificially induced, and can be turned off just as easily. He held on to the thought, the flame consuming everything else, until suddenly, he passed some sort of threshold, and it simply ceased.

That is, it ceased burning a moment after Angela fired her first attack at Abaddon. He had only a half-second of clear-headedness before he noticed that he was under fire. With the speed of the energy weapon, the mental exhaustion induced by resisting the psychic attack, and general fatigue from the conflict, it should have been near-impossible for him to do anything but die- a hole bored in his skull by a misguided child's hi-tech toy.

It should have been.

Carter felt the very-real heat of the bolt on his face, as it just barely managed to miss his head, which he'd moved out of the way just enough to avoid instant death. He had no chance to congratulate himself, however, as the girl continued firing, clinging to her delusion that she was in the right here. Abaddon smiled grimly, and began moving. The shots concentrated at him, his men were safe as they recovered from Myne's attack. On the other hand, he had to dodge half a dozen bursts of concentrated energy, any one of which could be lethal if it hit the right spot. Instead of testing his reactin times, which, though impressive, remained capped by his human physiology, the Black Phantom opted to take a third option. He fired his grapnel up at the telephone lines above, and let it pull him out of danger, with a highly efficient motor inside the grapnel gun.
The Second Shadow hadn't forgotten Paschalis' words about non-lethality. Far from it. But the girl wasn't some misguided meta- she'd knowingly opened fire on government agents. He had no intention of pulling his punches. Especially considering she seemed to match even Myne in raw power.

From his perch on the telephone lines, Abaddon leapt down, aiming to kick Contingency in the head, and knock her on her back, before delivering a series of brutal blows to the skull. Not enough to kill, on it's own, but intended to disable and disorient her so the rest of the team could move in. Having shaken off the aftereffects of the mental assault, they'd keep their weapons trained on the girl as their boss did his job. If Abaddon was successful, he'd attempt to disarm Angela, wrenching her side-arm from her grasp and tossing it to one of the Black Squad soldiers offhandedly.
A myth where ultimate evil turns its gaze on humanity and humanity gazes right back and says "Gotcha."