Little Red Riding Hound (Closed RP)

Roleplay locations.
lowlaville

Little Red Riding Hound (Closed RP)

Post by lowlaville » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:32 am

Somewhere in Detroit...

It was early morning, Sylvia Evans, a side bag around her shoulders wearing a short skirt, leggings and a long sleeve shirt with her hair a phony tail behind her, walked in through the front door of the local police station. She was writing an article about the "Bloodhound" that she's been hearing about, someone who was brilliant at what he did, investigate crimes and things like that. Sylvia produced her ID as well as her reporter ID from the company she worked for as she stepped in front of the counter.

After meeting up with Kelly and Felix, she knew her career had at least seen a rudimentary start. The rest was entirely up to her at least until such a time came when they found work her. Whether or not this could lead anywhere, she was willing to gamble and poke her head around for stories. She did not need to worry about gas or food, as she was guaranteed them as long as she brought back stories worth publishing. So what if she was only allowed to work 48 hours a week? That was more than enough for a girl like her with no parents in this world. Sometimes, sometimes Sylvia thought about them, who they were and why they abandoned her, but those thoughts were sparse to none. They abandoned her, left her to die, so why would she bother think about them and ruin her mood?

"I want to meet Coordinator Bloodhound please!" She hung over the counter as much as she could. She only about 5'4" in terms of her height after all. Sometimes Sylvia wished she was an adult and a bit bigger than she currently was, but this was practically something that could not be helped. "I wanna ask him a few questions..." She already had a few scribbled on a piece of paper that she showed the person behind the counter, asking to be let in.

Kaija21

Re: Little Red Riding Hound (Closed RP)

Post by Kaija21 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:38 am

A small bell chimed as the young girl walked in. Upon hearing her request, a younger officer moved to the back to inform Harry that someone was here for him. The Bloodhound was just as likely to have an assassin in pursuit as a fan. And as for the older officer sitting behind the desk? He simply glanced at the young girl lazily, half expecting some kinda stupidity to ruin his afternoon before his shift ended. Without giving her name, title or any reason for anyone there to entertain her request, he simply ignored her question and asked one of her own.

"Show me some ID and tell me why you're here, M'am." He asked the girl in a monotonous tone.

---

"Bloodhound, you expecting visitors?" asked the youth.

"You mean somebody not wearing a badge?"

The youth shrugged. Harry turned away from his computer, rolling along the floor on his four-wheeled throne until he came upon a screen displaying a live feed from the front door's camera. He nodded, then slid back to his own computer; opening up a tab to do some quick research.

"Sylvia Evans. 17. A reporter for Rivon Media Inc. No criminal record. No history of mental disorders. Nothing out of the ordinary. Hmm. he turned back to the youth, "Tell Jerry to leave the poor girl alone. I'll be down in a second."

Not five minutes later, the man of the hour made his appearance before the young girl.

"Well, this is certainly a delightful surprise, Miss Evans," he greeted the young girl with an earnest smile and a voice filled with confidence, "I'm curious to know what exactly it is that I've done to deserve a visit from a reporter from a company as prestigious as Rivon"

Tho, truthfully, he was more interested in seeing the girl's reaction when she realized that her name managed to slip through his lips before her own.
~Sincerely Kaija

lowlaville

Post by lowlaville » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:12 am

Kaija21 wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:38 am
Sylvia cranked her head up in awe as a giant of a human being walked in, black hair gelled to perfection and he looked super strong. Sylvia wondered if this guy was super strong as well. She shook her head, denying herself. Everyone in the city or any city in the state was bigger than her little self. He was most probably normal.
Kaija21 wrote: "Well, this is certainly a delightful surprise, Miss Evans," he greeted the young girl with an earnest smile and a voice filled with confidence, "I'm curious to know what exactly it is that I've done to deserve a visit from a reporter from a company as prestigious as Rivon"
"Well Mr. Bloodhound can we talk somewhere a bit more...private?" She didn't feel good talking him inside the precint where all eyes were apparently on her right now. It wasn't the peer pressure but she also did not want them to overhear anything she had to say. "We could like head over to the cafe across the street if you don't mind that." Sylvia suggested, collecting the things she had produced to the officer behind the counter and stashing them back inside her side bag. She stood back, eagerly waiting for his reply.

Kaija21

Post by Kaija21 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:04 am

Harry's eyes met the those of the guard behind the front desk for a moment gazing through the window and catching sight of the nearby cafe.

----------

He took a sip of his coffee, black and unsweetened, and leaned back in his seat. The Bloodhound had no idea how long he'd be there, so he saw no reason not to get comfortable and settled in.

"Call me Harry. Mr. Bloodhound's a bit too... barbaric. Not the nickname I'd have picked if I had the choice," He opened with a smile, "So, how can I help you today, Miss Evans?"
~Sincerely Kaija

lowlaville

Post by lowlaville » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:38 am

Sylvia relaxed in her seat across the big man. She'd personally ordered a cup of cappuccino- her favorite of the coffee variety. She'd look at what he had. No doughnuts, which was a bit disappointing considering who he was. He was supposed to love them, at least stereotypically so. "Okay, Harry!" Sylvia took a sip from her cup and put it down on the table. "Thank you for meeting me!" She said, taking out a small notebook and a pen.

"You say bloodhound is not a nickname you picked up by choice. Can you tell me why they call you that then?" Her pen was ready to take down notes.

Kaija21

Post by Kaija21 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:07 am

"It's my gift and the greatest contribution that I've had in this world. Finding people; knowing people. Nobody knows how I do it. I barely know, myself. But, so long as I'm doing my part, nobody seems to care," The pen dancing along the lines of her paper reminded him that she was crafting his image as they spoke, "Though I'm not overly opposed to the name. But, tell me? How would you like to be named after a hound, of all things?"

He smiled briefly, then took a sip of his coffee.

"You can't honestly tell me that you dragged me across the street just to ask me about my name?"
~Sincerely Kaija

lowlaville

Post by lowlaville » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:37 pm

"I ask questions and you answer them Harry," Sylvia said, laughing as she took a sip off her coffee. She liked how the foam glazed her lips as they left the edges of the cup, which she licked clean promptly afterwards, not really bothered by how the man might see her after that. "No no, I have more questions. And I think you are being elusive with your answer to my previous question. Do you possess extra-human qualities that rendered your nickname?" Inquired Sylvia, scribbling the answer Harry gave on her first question.

Kaija21

Post by Kaija21 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:01 am

Harry couldn't help but laugh to himself for a moment.

"You flatter me, Miss Evans," he replied jovially, "Don't you think that if I had superpowers, I'd do a bit better for myself than a desk job? Put on a mask like the rest of em' and go wild?" another sip of coffee, "That's a nice question to hear, but no. I'm afraid that I'm just good at what I do."

Although he didn't show it, Sylvia got his attention with that question. It wasn't the first time that he had heard it, but it was still just as unpleasant as ever.

"Though, I have been told that I do have the power to brighten up a person's day if that counts for anything."
~Sincerely Kaija

lowlaville

Post by lowlaville » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:07 pm

"That's...disappointing." Sylvia pretended to be disappointed, and closed her little notebook. "Although some people would indeed make such life choices if their powers were not entirely...flashy," She narrowed her gaze at Harry as she spoke, taking a sip from her coffee. "Do you know why I chose this career? Because I love writing, and I love writing about heroes harry, people who do good and change lives without really asking for any benefit. How long before heroes stop being heroes if society takes them for granted, and does not care who they are or what their lives are like when they are not heroes? I aspire to know more about the people who do good, let people know they exist, and that they are not some superificial masks going around being flashy just because they can. Harry, I think heroes deserve more than a spotlight. Of course, respect their privacy but I also wish to talk about those who would not mind being talked about. I met a friend who runs a website and we are gonna publish our stories there. And I was really hoping you could've been the first story that I wrote about," Sylvia finished her speech, and by then almost her entire coffee was running empty. She leaned back in her seat and relaxed, waiting for his response.