Heavy Metal [Reserved]

Roleplay locations.
Annasiel
Administrator

Re: Heavy Metal [Reserved]

Post by Annasiel » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:29 am

Almost. Almost, it'd fucking killed the man, inches away from splattering his brains across the sewer walls. The damage was satisfying, but this game of push and pull was growing tiresome for Lazarus, and the little pest's attacks were beginning to cause a noticeable bite. Quickly, it pushed through the tendril outstretched towards his face, hoping to push it through the grip and branch out behind his tender eye. Too quick, it was severed, liquid mass falling short of the target.

Unhindered... reassess...

In the same swift motion, Lazarus withdrew the two tentacles hindered by the mechanical arms, shifted its center of mass into the tendril pressed against his chest, and used the remaining two appendages as levers to hoist it forward. The tip touching the man's front felt... delightful. Within a second, the beast's entire mass was less than a foot away from Mitchell, focused point spreading out into branches that arched across his uniform. It pulsated sickly, slowly growing in girth as it ate his armor away.

"I will consume you..." it muttered quickly, voice almost quivering with ecstasy. "Devour... incorporate..."
I look in the water and fear what I see
I know it's no stranger but I know it's not me
My life is a lie that was uttered in jest
If I can't change at all, let me rest

Atom

Post by Atom » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:50 pm

The sharpened point of liquid metal edged closer, sliding in Mitchell’s grip before completely collapsing and falling down onto his face. Luckily, the substance missed his eyes by centimeters and instead dripped down his cheek slipping past his lips and causing him to cough and spit it out of his mouth. Another HUD notification flashed across his screen. Red, no doubt, and... flashing. God, he felt dizzy. Tired, like he was about to vomit.

Despite the liquid being evacuated from his mouth, Stervos continued to hack audibly. More red flashed across his screen. Words? No, a stain— liquid, splattered across yellow. Blood. His blood.

His eyelids felt heavy. Even if Mitchell had the courage to shrink, the ASAPS was far too damaged to reliably resize him without major damages being caused. So, he grabbed at the tendril pushing into his chest, the sight of a metallic web forming over his armor giving him cause to fight for just a while longer. After finding that he couldn’t pry the tentacle away, Stervos began to punch at the large mass in front of him, fists slamming off of the hardened metal as pain shot up through his knuckles.

”Off, off— get OFF of me,” Stervos muttered in a daze, his punches losing power before the mechanical arms extended their blades and tried to cut through the tendril upon his chest in an attempt to halt the process of the armor’s disintegration. He couldn’t resize, the risk was too great. Through the circular hole in the ASAPS’ visor, Mitchell stared at the mass of metal with an animalistic fear. Was this how he was going to die? Pinned under sentient toxic metal in a sewer? No. He deserved better.

The mechanical arms remaining upon the ASAPS went to cut the remaining two tendrils binding his legs as Stervos prepared for any oncoming attacks, unsure of how he was exactly going to live but determined in his resolve to do so. While attempting to unbind himself, he’d try with all his might to edge down the wall, away from the beast and towards the pipe he’d fallen down. Any way to get away from this cursed fucking thing.

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:08 am

The taste of the armored plating was far richer than Lazarus had anticipated. Even in the short while it fed, it had already consumed excess of its take for the entire week, the small bit lost in battle more than regained. Newfound confidence erupted in the beast, or at least, what passed for confidence in a thing with little fear. Ferocity may have been a better word to describe it. Even when the man-thing pulled away, using its terrible instruments to cut away at Lazarus' form, it did not cower away to regather itself. It felt no need to, with a veritable feast mere inches away. Loss was no concern now.

Lazarus merely watched as the man pressed his way down the wall, a futile attempt to escape. He was severely wounded, slow, and compromised in multiple locations. On some lower level of the metallic mass' mind, it ran tactics against hunger against pure, unbridled sadism.

He still knows where Hope is. He still does not tell.

The mass began to laugh. It was the sound of a bass speaker playing underwater, of a thousand tiny charges deploying in the ocean's deep. A hearty, lively rumble that somehow seemed both sardonically dry and disgustingly wet in perfect tandem. Slowly, Lazarus crept forward. No need to strike hard any longer. He could toy with the piece of flesh, make it suffer and scream, until it either chose to say where his Hope had went or die to keep its infernal tongue stilled. Either way, Lazarus would feel some sense of satisfaction.

"You cannot... run... no running... from me..." he rumbled, slowly rolling after. At the rate of the man's escape, he could easily overcome him, covering him with his entire being. Break the things that gave him pain, then toy with the flesh until it perished.

Atom

Post by Atom » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:04 pm

Pain wracked Mitchell's entire being. His limbs burned with a hot pain each time he moved them, made no easier to bear with the onset of a debilitating migraine. Eventually, his legs gave out and he stumbled, falling to one knee before shifting and laying his back against the wall and slumping down. One knee was bent upwards and a free hand rested upon it. He just wanted to stop and lie down, rest and close his eyes before drifting off into a dreamless sleep.

Die. He wanted to die.

"Why? Why are you doing this?" Stervos coughed, blinking away tears as he shakily addressed the mass of mercury. It was obviously capable of sentient thought, it had already stated that it wanted to find some man or woman named Hope-- and for the life of him, he couldn't remember any person by that name.

"I don't-- know where your fucking Hope is, for God's sake. I'm dying-- not just from all this bullshit, but something even worse. I don't know who the hell you're talking about and I don't kn-know where they are. Just--"

Another cough. His mouth grew warm with the taste of metal. He didn't know if it was the Mercury or blood.

"Let me die in peace. For God's sake."

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:22 am

Just as the mass of metal seemed ready to cover the man completely, just as its sinuous tendrils wound their way to the cracks in the armor's casing, the force retreated. It drew itself off of the ailing man, receding fast into a quivering mound that watched from several feet away. The silence stretched, then broke with a quiet question.

"Dying?"

The creature shuddered. It could kill him now. It could. He was so weak, pressed thin against the sewer floor, his shell practically destroyed by Lazarus' relentless assault. Yet, the mention of him dying seemed to hold it back, for who-knew-what reason.

It wasn't what Hope would want of him.

Lazarus shuddered again, a thin tendril stretching out to press against the prey'sman's chest. It lingered there for the moment, not attacking, not entangling, but merely touching. A peace offering, as it were, or peace as much as Lazarus could manage. Again, the mass withdrew, sliding back several feet in a roiling wave.

"Dying..."

Atom

Post by Atom » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:32 pm

Mitchell let out a strained cough, another splatter of crimson across the visor confirming his deteriorating state. His suit was damaged, its countermeasures depleted; if this mass of metal were to kill him now, it’d do so easily. And yet, it didn’t, instead repeating a single word Mitchell had already spoken. Yes, he was dying. It almost seemed sorry for Stervos, despite the fact that it was the main reason for his crippled condition. Breathing out a small chuckle, the Promethean CEO shook his head.

”This is a f-fucking acid trip.”

Good. The thing didn’t want to kill him now, for whatever reason, instead of finishing the job. Resigning himself to an already-sealed fate, Mitchell slowly made his way to his feet and limped to the drainage pipe he’d fallen down. The damaged thrusters upon his back activated and he slowly ascended back up the small tube, eventually reaching the street surface and falling onto the asphalt beside the sidewalk.

I’m not dying... in a street... in the middle of nowhere.

”Holy shit, you alright?”

Mitchell turned to the source of the fuzzy voice, a bleeding eye fixating on the blurred visage of some random passerby. The distant wail of sirens sounded in the far distance.

”Saw you... in the drain... dragged... ambulance?”

The sirens sounded even more distant, now, as Mitchell collapsed to one knee. Everything hurt. He couldn’t think.

Hands grabbed onto him from all sides as his vision darkened, a faint buzz overtaking the sounds of commotion around him as his back settled upon a hard surface, men and women with facemasks attempting to disengage his mask. Mitchell felt their attempts and, with a weak mind, willed the ASAPS’ helmet to disengage. Some sort of plastic covering was slipped around his mouth and the darkness turned to overbearing white, his vision tunneling as the ground lurched beneath him.

Hold on.

You’re going to be fine.

Can you hear me?

Mitchell?

Darkness.