Don't Look Here!

A place for those who dabble in paint. Or, you know, pixels. Because they matter too.
UmbraSight
Global Mod

Re: Don't Look Here!

Post by UmbraSight » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:12 pm

That movie was adorable~

Just like those drawings oAo
//… under her weight the floorboards gave, and she fell into the dark...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:30 am

It really was. I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did, but here we are xD And thank you again :D
To quote Hamlet Act III, Scene iii, Line 87..."no."
Superhero Sandbox: Fusion
Art Thread: Don't Look Here!

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:24 am

CDChallenge: Ninja Cats
There's this group called the Character Design Challenge that releases different prompts every month, and I finally decided to give it a shot. I'm too late to actually submit, but it's still f u n as hell lol.

Fun fact: Kutshusita means "socks" in Japanese. According to Google Translate, anyways.

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:47 am

Itty Bitty Cat Study
I wanted to get some practice sketches in for something I plan to do for a friend of my mum's.

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:30 pm

Spidersona: The Mirror Spider
SPIDERSONA2.jpg
SPIDERSONA2.jpg (465.28 KiB) Viewed 297 times
This is WAY overdue. Spider-Man is my all-time favorite superhero ever since I was a little girl. All I did was wish I was Spidey. He was one of my first toys that I fondly remember having.

Despite my fear of spiders, I did some research on awesome spiders and came across a mirror spider! They're really cool. They have these silver plates that shift around, so I figured that they could be used to absorb light and other energy to help Mirror Spider. Maybe boost super strength, I'm not quite sure yet. When danger's close, the plates open up and show a red pulsating energy throughout her suit. She has Spidey-senses, but doesn't have organic webbing. If she did come across Peter in the multiverse, I think they'd get along quite well. I usually give dumb quips whenever I'm scared, so I think we have that much in common lol.

I'm ngl, my favorite part of this is the lettering of the title. The color goes so well with my handwriting! I'll probably do a full-body of Mirror Spider someday, but that day is not today.

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:52 pm

Character Design Challenge: Hawaiian Dancer (Rejected lmao)
hawaiian dancer2.jpg
hawaiian dancer2.jpg (503.65 KiB) Viewed 254 times
I wanted to do the one without the fire symbol in the back, but the file was too big and I don't feel like changing it lol. This was for the July prompt by the group I joined, but it was ultimately rejected. I'm not surprised; she looks nothing like a dancer. Sometimes you can take things waaaaay outside of the box. Lesson learned!

I took a lot of inspiration from some quick research on Hawaiian culture surrounding the hula, but not much. I'm still quite proud of her, so here you go!

Miro-chan
Bronze

Post by Miro-chan » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:23 am

Yassss! I love iiit! 😍😍
"It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things." -Leonardo Da Vinci

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:26 pm

Thank you!! :D

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:20 am

D&D: Amity Dvorak
Amity(FinalJPG).jpg
Amity(FinalJPG).jpg (348.25 KiB) Viewed 137 times
In case anyone's interested, the last name is pronounced "Vor-jahk". It's the name of the composer for one of my favorite classical pieces of all time, Anothy Dvorak's "New World: Largo." Great piece!

Anyways, it's back to college for sophomore year and I'm more than ready to hit the books! Well, sketchbooks. Although art history isn't all that bad. I'm in a new campaign for D&D after the last one kinda failed when we couldn't meet annually, but this time should be a lot easier to meet for! I'm so so SO excited for my newest character. She has a backstory that I really like, and she's genuinely a person I feel I jive with.

Though inspired by a few different things (*cough cough* mostly Jester from Critical Role *cough*), I think this is my best character yet. Amity is a Level 2 Nature Cleric with a heart of gold. Well, she's trying, anyways. Originally named Carrion, Amity's family led a mafia-like gang in a large city and essentially conquered it, striking fear into the innocent people's hearts merely with their name. She felt immense guilt when seeing the horrified reactions of the people when she strolled on by. After having had enough, the young tiefling fled her home in search of a way to prove herself to be a good person.
Amity stopped for the night and took shelter in the nook of a giant oak tree root. Before drifting off to sleep, however, the sound of crying stopped her. Upon climbing over the root and to the other side, she found a little owlbear cub, injured and lost from its' mother. She tended to the wound and held the baby in her arms to warm it. The two eventually fell asleep in the cold of night.

Amity awakened to find a tall bearded man standing before her with a kind smile. He gestured for her to rise and explained that he was the wild forest god Silvanus, and she had found and saved his lost cub. He took the owlbear in his arms and cradled it gently. Silvanus gave her gifts: a holy symbol (an acorn necklace and an oak leaf necklace - one representing her past, the other her future), his own quarterstaff, a new name, and his blessing. He had been charmed by Amity's selfless desire to better herself and wished to help her. Since then, Amity has been keeping a careful watch on the forest while trying to find herself in the jungles of her own mind.

That's a kind-of condensed version of her backstory, but it gets the point across lmao. Oh, she has an Eastern European accent because I love the ideas of tieflings having that accent :D

Tiana

Post by Tiana » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:20 am

She's cute but I'm not wholly convinced anything competes with your avatar.