Don't Look Here!

A place for those who dabble in paint. Or, you know, pixels. Because they matter too.
Gecko
Silver

Re: Don't Look Here!

Post by Gecko » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:20 pm

You're not wrong lmao :lol: Geck's the cutest thing e v e r
To quote Hamlet Act III, Scene iii, Line 87..."no."
Superhero Sandbox: Fusion
Art Thread: Don't Look Here!

Gecko
Silver

Re: Don't Look Here!

Post by Gecko » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:39 am

Here's two things I put together for some classwork.

Dreamwalker
2019-12-01_LI.jpg
2019-12-01_LI.jpg (823.3 KiB) Viewed 34 times
I just finished this today for my drawing class. It's one of two pieces we had to do, the other being your basic study of a few objects. This one was supposed to be expressionism or whatever, he really didn't give us many criteria for the sake of allowing our creativity to shine. I initially wanted this to have "naked deer man" be treading on a river of galaxy stuff (similar to the Taken goo from Destiny), but I don't have the tools to pull it off. I feel like this works too, I'm quite fond of it. I still wish I could have done the other thing. Still, I'm proud of my baby lmao. I covered his deer meat just in case lol, sorry about that. I used an in-class statue as a reference and saw it better off as nude rather than clothed.

Hatshepsut's Temple
This was some extra credit we got to do for my art history class, so I tried not to spend too much time with it. We had to recreate artwork we did our research papers on, but it had to be based on our majors (i.e. I'm a video game arts major, so I did a conceptual cutscene-type thing). Mine was the temple of the Egyptian queen Hatshepsut. Everyone loved it and I got some great feedback! My professor gave me a few tips for next time and said she'd like to see my work in the future.

Man, I love being an artist. It can be tough as balls, but seeing the strides you make from years, even days ago, is something so satisfying. I can't wait to see what else I learn!
To quote Hamlet Act III, Scene iii, Line 87..."no."
Superhero Sandbox: Fusion
Art Thread: Don't Look Here!