Archer's Anthologies

Moderators: Moderator, Admin, Developer

Archer_Algren

Archer's Anthologies

Post by Archer_Algren » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:15 am

Stories set in my personal verse, which changes subject at times, figured it would be better to put them all in a single topic, I'll start with a short story.

As soon as they walked in the bar, I realized they were Dragoons. Even in civvies, they generally wear that wolf's-head patch somewhere. They knew damned well who we were, too - Jamie's Nightriders, heart and soul of McClarran's Armored Cavalry. And we just happen to hate the Dragoons' guts.

And yeah, maybe I threw the first punch, but they damn well provoked it. There were two of them talking in loud voices, discussing ancient history.

"Yeah," says the first, "Philip of Macedon - you know, Alexander the Great's father - they say that he wept over the bodies of the Theban Sacred Band after he killed them."

"The Theban Sacred Band?" says the other. "Who were they?"

"The elite regiment of the Theban army. Supposedly the whole unit was made up of pairs of male homosexual lovers."

"Oh," pipes up the second Dragoon, looking right at me. "Sort of like an early version of McClarran's Armored Cavalry"

I don't remember much after that.

*Lieutenant Jonathan Perry, McClarran's Armored Cavalry, in a statement after his arrest for assault, disorderly conduct, destruction of public property, illegal discharge of a firearm, and public indecency, on Outreach, 40211
"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

Archer_Algren

Re: Archer's Anthologies

Post by Archer_Algren » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:38 pm

Sandor Clegane is not happy, between being the village handyman and occassional bouncer, he had very little things to be happy about, his days were spent chopping wood in his free time, threatening undesirables who tried to cause trouble in town, and fixing things for people, he wasn't happy since his past as a proud warrior was now reduced to this, he was a knight once, not an Imperial knight as he would have to give up many pleasures of the verse, but an Aurelian Knight, one of Sub-Sector Aurelia's greatest fighters, he's not happy where he is now, but he is thankful to the people of the small town of rayston for nursing him back to health after defending his ward, she wasn't his lady but chose to defend her during the peacecraft uprising in order for a hefty reward from her brother, the rightful ruler of the sub-sector, days pass and he has yet to call on that favor despite being offered one, he's not happy about losing all of his fame and wealth ad a knight, but he does feel satisfied that the town appreciates his efforts to helping them.

Then they came, nobody knows who they are, and even more are suspicious of their claims that they do not know where they came from or where they are, only their names and memories of a place called Grimgar, the leader of the town, Father Ray Septon, offers them peace and shelter, but the town is suspicious of the 12 individuals, most of them children, with the eldest among them looking no older than 16, despite Father Ray's insistence, none of the villagers wanted to shelter the amnesiacs for fear they could be bandits taking advantage, after some arguments, Sandor took them all in, his farm had enough space in the barn for them, Father Ray blessed him for his actions but Sandor grumpily said he was only taking them in to pay the town back, nothing more, the 12 expressed their thanks and Sandor mumbled a your welcome under his breath.

As soon as they arrived on the farm, they were made to sleep in the stable, as soon as they got in however, Sandor warned them that if they tried anything, he would chop their reprodutive organs with his woodcutters axe, and he assured them it will be unpleasant, with that warning, they understood not to cause any trouble, he told them there is an outhouse and if they meed water, a pump, Sandor decided to turn in until they asked for his name, he replied, "Sandor Clegane, and its not Ser Clegane.", with thag, the youths introduced themselves, the one speaking introduced himself as Renji, the next one was Ron, Adachi, Chibi and Sassa, the other group spoke, a plain looking boy introduced himself as Haruhiro, then Yume, Shihoru, Ranta, Moguzo and Mary, the last one didn't speak and was trying to sleep on some hay before Renji commanded him to be polite to their host, he introduced himself as Kikkawa and went to dozing off, before they could say more, Sandor stopped them, "If you have more to say, tell it to Father Ray in the morning, I have no interest in your stories.", he said, he then told them to get some sleep and he locked the barn door on them, "This is just in case you try anything funny, you can escape out the window up top but I warn you, there are wolves out there this time of night, now sleep.", he said, the groups then decided to heed his advice and get some sleep.

Archer_Algren

Post by Archer_Algren » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:27 pm

Soldiers were busy running across the street of the once glorious city, a group of soldiers were lounging about in the ruins of what used to be a two story home, one of the smoking, another one playing with a ball and cup, and the last one was playing an intact piano, the tune he played was haunting, somewhat mournful even, his expression was that of weariness, the tune echoed across the neighborhood, most of their fellow soldiers paid no heed to it, but a few civillians nearby just watched in silence as this lone soldier played.

Then, without warning, somebody shouted "GRENADE!!!", and the piano soldier ducked along with his companions while the civillians got down as well, an small "boom" was heard and the soldiers peered out to look from their positions, "Clear!", shouted a voice, and then piano soldier went back to playing.

Archer_Algren

Post by Archer_Algren » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:17 pm

Morgan was a girl living on her own with her wonderful friends....
Said friends happen to be a potted plant and a chicken.

It was another beautiful morning in the Planet of Magion under the rule of the council of Mages, Morgan's days were spent studying and spending time with her friend, she actually has a real friend by the way, not just a plant and a chicken.

His name was Mark, and he had always been watching after Morgan since the day they met, first impressions don't always go well and theirs involved Morgan hanging from a tree and Mark having to get her down.

The two are inseperable but Mark had had feelings for Morgan but couldn't spit them out, and Morgan just happened to be completely oblivious to them.

They were both sent to Magion at a very young age and as a result never got to know their parents, although Mark knows his father and mother are Citizens of the Imperium and he is striving to become a sanctioned War Magus to serve the Imperium and see them again while making them proud, Morgan though had no such plans and plans to just live and study in Magion for as long as she lives.

The two got a big break when they were both asked to help with an archeological dig, their University has found what appears to be technological marvels buried withing their soils, with both unaware that those marvels will change their future forever.....

Archer_Algren

Post by Archer_Algren » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:56 am

*The Great Owl, location: unknown*
A young woman punched the wall in anger, denting it, staring at her was a young girl, her sister, "Sis, I don't think you should be damaging our home.", said the young one, "Quiet Penny! That damn bimbo made me look like an ass in front of father! I was so close to claiming the Barbatos!", she snapped, penny felt uneasy about her older sister Tabitha's temper if things don't go her way, she once saw Tabitha rip a man's throat out with her bare hands.

As the two stood in the Great Owl's hangar, a Goetia operative approached them, "Maam, Sir Stolos calls for you at the bridge!", she said, "I'll be there.", said Tabitha as she shoved the operative out of the way to get there.

*Bridge of the Great Owl*
A pale looking man stood at the bridge, surrounded by women in uniform operating the controls, he wore a long white coat with a tie, but under the coat was a bodyglove and body armor, which says what sort of person he is, his daughter, Tabitha, who just entered the bridge, didn't share the same sense of fashion, she wore a frilly dress, "You called Father?", asked Tabitha, she was annoyed at being called for, but she would never dare refuse her father, "My child, I have heard that you failed to secure the Barbatos, and nearly lost the Bael in the ensuing chaos as well, what have you to say for this?", asked Caulder Stolos, the leader of Goetia, and father to the organization literally and figuratively, every member of the organization is a clone of his,
"Father, I was very close to acquiring the Barbatos until that pilot from Magion interferred and caught me by surpri-", "GIRL! YOU DO NOT LIE TO ME!", boomed Caulder, Tabitha stopped, "I know there was more to that than a simple ambush!", he added, Tabith swallowed and proceeded to rephrase her sentence, "I was spotted because I tried to kill Ian Dresari instead of hijacking the Barbatos immediately, my mistake was taking to long to kill him...", said Tabitha, "I saw it all from the Bael's black box, you took your time taunting him, he is a man you musn't underestimate let alone gloat to! You just couldn't resist being petty.", replied Caulder in a condescending tone, "We cannot act against Tenno as of this time, they will be now aware of our presence, we will be going into hiding for now, and you, you must train with Penny and the parliament to hone your skills, and stop with the petty gloating, its unseemly.", he added, he gave her a dismissed signal and she left the bridge, "Navigatrix!", called Caulder, "Yes sir!", "Plot a course for uncharted space.", ordered Caulder, within moments, the Great Owl entered hyperspace and left.
Last edited by Archer_Algren on Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Archer_Algren

Post by Archer_Algren » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:34 am

*Ice Base Igloo, Arcadia, Glacia, Lands of Ice*
The once abandoned capital of the lands of ice was teeming with life, before, an ancient civilization once made its home there, then they left, then the Resistance against Clan occupation(simply called the Resistance) made its home there for a good two years after clearing it monsters, then they also left, the mercenary group Tenno now made their home there, calling it "Ice Base Igloo" thanks to the upside down dome in the center of the city, the Resistance was kind enough to leave some of their equipment around and are remarkabley well preserved, in the command room, the Commando team leaders were discussing what to do.

*Ice Base Igloo command room*
"I think that's a terrible plan Ian." Said Alis Archer as she drank a cup of recaff to offset the cold, "Mistress, I would like to point out we are short on pilots." Replied Ian Dresari, "We only have Red Squadron, Tekkadan Lance, Gekko Lance, and Wraith Lance, thanks to our situation, we need to leave Wraith lance and Red Squadron to guard our assets here in Arcadia, "If I may speak my mind Ian, let me put it in laymans terms; the bitch you want to rescue is a murderous lunatic who hates our guts.", said Destro while eating an apple-peach alongside a cup of recaff, "I know we have had our differences with Julietta, but she's probably changed for the better.", said Ian, "Mr. Dresari has a point, its been three years, she has surely moved on." Said Morgan, "Mmmm-don't think so.", said a voice that had just entered the room, it was Klaus Kreutz, the group's primary infantry operative, "I went to check things out, she's in a maximum security prison within the the planet Vrakes, her MS is being studied by the local government, before that, she was doing her own great crusade and devastated two planets before being subdued on Vrakes itself.", finished Klaus, "See, maximum security!", said Archer, "May I remind you Mistress, that we broke you out of one too, and it was in Imperial Space, you're just super lucky everybody likes me more than they like Emperor Harkonnen to put up a fight, now, even if you and Gekko aren't coming, I'm still going to rescue Julietta.", said Ian, "I'm in Mr. Dresari!" Announced Morgan, "For frak's sake I'm joining then, I'm not letting little Morgan come along with you if its just you two.", Destro announced, "Frak this you're all crazy, I'm staying right here.", said Archer.

With that, the trio proceeded to go ready a ship....

Archer_Algren

Post by Archer_Algren » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:26 pm

The Devil of Orario has gotten everybody talking, the normal folk view him as a blessing, the criminals view him as a threat, while the adventurers are mixed, sure he has done good by keeping the streets safe at night and targetting criminals and adventurers who abuse their power, but he has also left them broken bloody messes, many who incurs his wrath end up near dead, bones broken, faces and bodies bloody and bruises, like he really is some devil who comes to punish those deserving, he hasn't killed anybody so far, but those people he goes after tend to be in such bad shape they can never live normally again.

She was entering the city through the Spire, Orario's orbital elevator, from the spaceport up above, she was a fairly attractive woman, she looked like a traditional Yamato Nadeshiko, in more ways than one, she was face to face with customs who asked her what the her purpose on the planet was, "Business." She replied with a small smile, she wore the outfit of a tourist, the customs inspector was curious and asked as to what sort of business, and she added, "I'm here to recruit an old friend of my husband's.", she said, still giving a small smile, she gave him a card, and as soon as he saw the Letter 'i' on it, he immediately let her through, she thanked him sincerley and went off, pulling a trolley travel bag.

Frank Castle is currently in Orario tracking down leads to a slavery ring, he followed an oblivious boaz from the red light district, carefully sticking to the shadows so not to attract his or some random prostitute's attention, he tailed him till they left the district and he entered a building through an alleyway, he took out an Auspex and proceeded to scan the building, the Auspex's readings showed that everybody was gathered at the ground floor with some guards standing outside the door, some heat signatures were shown to be in the basement, the people he has been tasked to save, he then brought out a large autogun and silenced pistol from under his trenchcoat, loaded with armor piercing rounds, he should have no problem ripping apart the brick and mortar walls, he took aim with the silenced pistol and took out the guards, then, he moved out into the open when nobody was on the street and opened fire with the autogun.

A storm was coming to Orario, one that will bring three souls together to face a greater threat.

Archer_Algren

Post by Archer_Algren » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:11 pm

It was Valentines in Ice Base Igloo and the higher ups are allowing the grunts to celebrate.

Ride Mass sat along Yamagi Gilmerton and Takaki Uno, two of his fellow grunt members, Ride looked at all the girls and guys giving each other chocolate, and compared it to his situation, "Guys, why can't we get chocolates? WHY are we sitting here having a sausage party?!", he asked, Takaki and Yamagi just ate their sausages quietly till Yamagi spoke, "Would you rather eat chocolates you bought with your own hands?", upon closer inspection, the trio sat in the "Bachelors" table in the mess hall.

"Single hell! Single hell! We will always be single!", chanted some of the boys behind the trio, "We're in the prime of our lives and tomorrow could be our last! None of us in this table have even had a conversation with a girl that lasted longer than a minute! Look at Mister Dresari, he has 4 wives! And I hear a 5th one is incoming ever since he started making his own nation. Survival of the fittest guys! We've made it this far in our jobs and I say its time we pass the genes around.", said Ride, the other two weren't impressed, "I'll go out with somebody if I have the time, most of my time is devoted to Fuuka and making sure she gets a proper education and childhood.", said Takaki, "And in case you haven't noticed Ride, I'm not into women, ANY women.", added Yamagi coldly, "Oh, right." Said Ride sheepishly, "If you want to go out with somebody, we support you, but we just can't.", said Takaki.

"Alright then guys, wish me luck, I'm gonna ask a girl out!", said ride and he went off, he then approached a dark haired girl who was reading a book on a table by her lonesome, "Uh, Yamagi? Should we tell him he's talking to Morgan?", asked Takaki, "Nah, the good parts about to start.", said Yamagi eating his sausage with a grin, Ride continued to talk to her until he was grabbed by an Irritated Destro, Morgan's guardian and one of the Tenno top brass, he then returned to the table crestfallen, "Mister Destro told me to take my pelvic sorcery someplace else.", he said nearly in tears, Yamagi got behind him and started to rub his shoulders, "we don't need women, we have each other.", he said seductively into Ride's ear, Ride was starting to feel VERY uncomfortable, "Ya-Yamagi-san, please don't tease me like this, I like girls.", Stammered Ride, Yamagi then hugged Ride, "Relax Ride, we're both guys after all.", said Yamagi, still in a seductive tone, "GET A ROOM YOU TWO!", screamed a voice, Ride realized everybody was giving them funny looks, "I hate you Yamagi-san", mutted Ride as Yamagi grinned at the spectators, Takaki just ate his sausage in silence.