Before the Express

The pen is mightier than the sword! Take a pen to a sword fight and see. RPF staff holds no responsibility for injury.

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, Admin

Trandafir

Before the Express

Post by Trandafir » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:29 am

A place where I'll put some stories about my characters' past. Most of them canon to the RP Hogwarts (1982)
"I'm coming in." - Finn Wolfhard

Trandafir

Chase Grayson

Post by Trandafir » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:30 am

It had been a few months since Chase’s 11th birthday, the day he received his Hogwarts letter. His family, muggles all of them, was beyond proud. His mother didn't believe it at first, neither did his father. His older sister, Katherine, was the one who had to convince them that her baby brother was, in fact, a wizard.

At Chase’s last day in his local school, his professors and classmates decided to throw him a farewell party. It was supposed to be a secret, but of course, Chase had managed to figure it out. The entire school had been there, not only his class but the others as well. The Grayson family was very loved after all, and all of his sisters’ friends were enchanted by the 11th year old boy’s charm.

“Remember, it’s supposed to be a surprise.” Sammy said, Chase’s second older sister. She had been mad at Becca for telling him about the party in exchange for sweets, and was very disappointed that she had sold herself for so little. Sammy wouldn't say it, but she was secretly jealous of the fact that Chase was the one wizard in the family. She was proud of him nonetheless, but part of her wished that she had been the chosen one.

"You worry too much Sammy. I'll act surprised, you'll see." Chase said with a wink, while his parents drove him to the school.

The party was set on the gym, and as expected, everyone believed in Chase's fake surprise. He was having the time of his life; all those people, children and adults, coming up to him to praise him for being accepted in a prestigious boarding school.

"It's a school for special children," his mother would say, anytime someone asked. For some reason people weren't too hard to convince, and after that answer they wouldn't ask many other questions.

After speaking and shaking the hands of almost everyone in the room, Chase had decided to go over to the table with the buffet, where a group of girls his age had been chatting for a while.

"Good afternoon, ladies." The young boy greeted, making a few of them giggle. Chase's eyes met another girl's blue ones; Madyson. He had been crushing on that girl for a few months now and while all the other girls had been laughing and having fun, she seemed sad and possibly angry. "Are you alright, Maddy?" At the boy's words, the others turned to Madyson, waiting for the girl's answer. It wasn't a secret that she had rejected Chase's attempts many times, and with the sudden change in the atmosphere, they all decided that it was time to leave them alone.

Madyson cursed her friends in her head, turning to Chase to reply to his question. "... No. You're going away, I don't understand why everyone is so happy about it." The blonde said, in all honesty. Chase's smile grew wider and he leaned against the table, for a more comfortable position.

"Are you going to miss me?" He asked, with his usual charming manner. The girl looked at him, a bit embarrassed but not enough to turn her eyes away.

"Of course I'll miss you. Everyone will." She replied with a murmur, finally avoiding the boy's eyes. Chase bit his lower lip, getting slightly closer to the girl.

"You know... If you give me a kiss maybe that'll make me stay." The boy said quietly, making the girl blush to no end.

"You're an idiot, Chase." She responded, turning her back to him and walking back to her other friends.

That was only one of the many times Madyson had rejected Chase, so he didn't think too much about it and soon was laughing again, with another group of friends. The party had been fun after all, except for the time when his mother started to cry and the entire family had to comfort her. When the sun begun to set, Chase walked out to the courtyard for some air. It was a bit melancholic to know that he'd be leaving this all behind, but at the same time he couldn't wait to see what magic, real magic looked like.

The boy turned around when he heard steps behind him and was quite surprised to see the blonde girl he had spoken to earlier walking quickly towards him.

"Hey, Maddy! I-" Before Chase could finish his sentence the girl was already in front of him, pressing her lips against his. Chase was too surprised to kiss her back, and it happened too fast for him to do anything about it. After a couple of seconds the girl stepped back, with her face red as a strawberry.

"Are you staying now?" She asked in a murmur, with tears threatening to fall from her eyes. Chase blinked a few times, and had to take a moment to process what had just happened. This had been the first time he had been kissed, and he had never imagined that it would have happened this way.

"I'm sorry, I... Can't." Chase answered, too embarrassed to look into the girl's eyes. He didn't think she'd actually do it, it was simply a tease.

Chase could hear her sniffing, but didn't dare to look up. After an awkward silence, Madyson turned around and left, leaving a confused and slightly guilty Chase behind.

"Did you have fun at the party?" Katie asked a while later, when the Grayson family was already on their way back home.

"Yeah..." Chase answered, expressionless and unlike his usual self. Katie didn't insist in it, thinking that he was only tired after what had been a long day. During that last summer, Chase didn't see Madyson again. He had tried going to her house to apologize, but her parents said she didn't want to see him every time. By the time he got to the express, on September first, he had already forgotten all about it. He'd be starting a new life after all, full of new people and new things that he'd never seen before.

Trandafir

Letters #1

Post by Trandafir » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:20 pm

Mother,

We got to Hogwarts safely and I was sorted into Slytherin, as expected. Just like you said, the school is filled with mudbloods, but I didn’t let any of them touch me - as you told me not to. There was this boy, Grayson, who tried to hold my hand today, but I told him to leave. He is friends with Tobias Parker, a pureblood. I hate them both already.

The sorting ceremony was alright, and the food was delicious. Night didn’t like to be in a cage all the way on the express, but he’s more calm now that we’re in our room. Oh, Anima is in Slytherin just like me, her bed is right next to mine. There’s also this girl named Adriana, I think she’s french but I’m not sure. As long as she keeps her hands away from my things I think we should get along fine. Chloe Bishop is my other roommate, she claims to have ‘diluted blood’. I don’t know what that means, but I think her family approves of muggles. I have decided to stay away from her as much as I can.

Blade is in Slytherin too, so I’m not lonely. Anima has agreed to be my partner in potions’ class tomorrow, I’m excited for my first class. I hope I can join the Slughorn Club one day, just like you did.

It’s starting to get late, so I must stop writing now. I already miss you and father deeply.

With love,

Beatrice Selwyn