Ideas from the Luki-verse

The pen is mightier than the sword! Take a pen to a sword fight and see. RPF staff holds no responsibility for injury.

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, Admin

Killian

Ideas from the Luki-verse

Post by Killian » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:38 pm

This is just listing ideas for RPs. Feedback are most welcome.

[1x1 RP IDEAS]
COLORFUL
A Game in Wonderland
futago
Uncontrolled Dive

[GROUP RP IDEAS]
QIR
DAEMON
Metagamer
Last edited by Killian on Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:50 am, edited 10 times in total.
Previously Luki | ART THREAD

Killian

QIR

Post by Killian » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:46 pm

It was a peaceful day. Within the safety of the barrier around the city. Not a bird dared to fly even close towards it. With no weather fluctuations outside the barrier, and there was no resource shortages within. And yet…

The sudden shriek in the park awoke the man napping on the bench. Shaken and confused, he lifted his head. A few feet away, his son sitting on the swing was pointing up at the sky with the look of absolute terror in his eyes.

High up in the sky, beyond the glass was a dark silhouette. Four horns. The skulled head. The tendrils.

Snapping to his senses, the man rushed towards his son, yanking him towards their car.

“Need to inform the military, and Qir immediately.” he muttered under his breath.

------

You were currently sitting within the interview room. Perhaps fidgeting your fingers at the desk that you had sat. The water in a cup was barely touched, and you tried to distract yourself by looking at the various pictures and papers plastered on the wall. All of them were articles featuring the elite teams from Qimranut. Everyone referred to it as “Qir” for short, and it was the organization that provided cutting-edge technology and elite soldiers for the military. Even with the armies and weapons, these elite soldiers were the most capable of eliminating the mutated monsters roaming outside the city.

Near the window, there was a poster article with a rare picture of one such elite group. You may have immediately recognised one of them was the leader for Team Phi. He had a hand raised towards the current sparring opponent.

“He looks quite intimidating, even if he isn’t using any superpowers, right?”

You turned towards the voice, seeing a woman in a research lab coat leaning against the door frame. In her hand was the document you had sent to Qir a few weeks ago, detailing your citizen records. Dr Hei drew out the chair and sat at the desk opposite to you.

“I’ve spoken with the others just now. I think you might be a good candidate.” She smiled. From the bottom of the pile of papers, she drew out a single sheet of paper, sliding it in front of this. It was a form.

[To be filled by candidate]
Full Name:
Date of Birth: (optional)
Weapon preference:
Power preference: (please only specify one)
Appearance: (attach photo and sign)

[Office use only]
Alias:
Designated Team:
Personality notes:
Biography:
Other notes:

Note: Candidates found with mental issues or past criminal/traumatic records will need to be further examined. Consequences apply for false information provided.

“With your results and training, you seem physically capable to handle the monsters, or “Yao”. More important, based on your past records, you seem to be good at teamwork. So once I finish explaining and you fill in the form, you’ll be able to join Qir officially, as an elite soldier.”

You nodded. “I have a question though.” You pointed at the “power preference” section. “I’m to write what sort of superpower I want, for when I join one of the teams?”

Her smile only grew wider. “I’m glad you asked, because I was going to go into detail about that. Every candidate is told of how the power works before they are to fill in the form. “

You gave another nod, before Hei continued on. “You might have heard from the members, but relationship and trust is vital in the group. More specifically for our teams, the power runs on these relationships. Let me explain with an example, see that poster of Team Phi? Do you know what the Lieutenant power is?”

“It’s controlling gravity, isn’t it?” you answered rather quickly, remembering the rare footage you had seen. Most of the time TV programs aren’t able to show live videos of them fighting Yao, but the few were rather unforgettable.

“He can do that, however, that isn’t the ability he specified in his application form, for his “preferred power”. More specifically, the power to control gravity doesn’t belong to him, rather to his assistant you see on the left,”. You turned your eyes towards the right, seeing the girl standing and observing the drill combat on the poster. “She’s the one that can enable him to use it. I’d like to think of like how a machine has a power system, and the execution centre. Not just her, all members in team Phi are able to enable other members to use.”

“However there are conditions. First, you need the supplier and receiver power holder need to be alive and conscious. Secondly, uses of the power fuels on social links. The stronger your social link, the easier it is use. Even if you’re told all the details how to control an ability, nothing will come if you have no relationship with that person. Do you understand so far?”

Your eyes widened at the last few words. “So that means, they can’t use their actual powers themselves.”

“Good, good! You’re catching on fast. Yes, you cannot have a relationship with yourself. So whatever power you put down on this sheet. You can only use the abilities that other members have. Once again, if you have no trust nor relationship nothing would happen. It’s a little ironic, isn’t it? I can guarantee, as the head researcher, that we’ll do our best to give you the power you put in this profile. But you won’t be able to use it yourself.”

There was a few seconds of silence. This was why there were such strict assessments on the candidate requirements, particularly on the emphasis of teamwork? Dr Hei leaned forward to look at you dead in the eyes. “Does it scare you? What if someone intentionally cuts you from using your powers? What if they use your power against you? You’re an adult, so you would know well enough how strong yet fragile relationships can be?”

You took another look at the form in front of you. Dr Hei should know well enough of your reason for wanting to be here. For why you would risk yourself in the frontlines against the Yao.

“Wait, so what do you scientists do?” you suddenly couldn’t help but wonder. “Like if there really was a Qir elite that is … abusing their power in some way…”

At that moment, the woman burst out laughing. Dr Hei really didn’t seem that worried, with how little her face had faltered. “Let’s just say... there will be consequences. Engineers and scientists always consider about the risks,” she raised a hand with a small wave. “That’s what my power is for, after all. We’re not some crazy, lazy lab-coats that sit and stick needles illegally into people.”

“If you put it that way... “

“I’m not saying it’s not risky.” Hei said. And for a flicker of a moment, you almost saw a more serious and evaluating look in her eyes. “It’s up to you to decide whether it’s worth you putting your life on the line or not.”

“So you seem to have understood the situation now. If you decide to withdraw the application, that is fine. Otherwise, “ from her pocket, Dr Hei pulled out a pen. “Go ahead and fill in the form. Once you have signed, please add in the line: I declare that the information given is true.

------
[NOTES]
Dr Hei is a secondary character.

[PLOT]
I’m flexible with plot but I have a back-up one. The cities are rather independent and communicate with each other via radio. However, from a city some distance away there has been no news. One of the teams (ie. the players) will be sent towards there. This will be more focused on adventure and building the relationships of the members by overcoming obstacles. Hei will be providing information back-up from within the city, while the elite team will find out more about how the Yao had appeared on earth.
Last edited by Killian on Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Killian

DAEMON

Post by Killian » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:56 pm

daemon
/'diːmən/
(noun)
1. a lesser deity or spirit in Greek mythology, with a benevolent nature
2. a computer program that runs as a background process

... ...

An alarm sounded in the middle of the dark room. Eyes squinting, you sit up in your bedroom and reach towards the phone. The screen flashed, showing it was now midnight sharp. An irritated sound might have escaped. Why the heck had your phone decided to wake you up at this hour?

There was a strange notification icon shown as you unlocked your phone. The background was completely black, with the words in white font. Did you ever download such an app with this plain appearance? “Daemon”? You have never installed an app with such a name before…

The user for this phone will encounter their death later today, on 23rd July. As Daemon is enabled for this phone, you have the choice to prevent that from happening. Do you wish to proceed, with the condition of assisting others that will also be encountering their death today?

Please select carefully: Y/N

... ...

Clicking the “yes”, the words on the screen suddenly faded, showing a new block of text.

Your response has been acknowledged. Daemon is currently registering the total number of participants that have answered “yes”. Each of these participants will die on 23rd July. You will be notified of their death shortly.

Prevent deaths for all participants to proceed to 24th July.

Otherwise, if a participant dies, the day will reset to midnight 23rd July with new death notifications.

To force quit event, please record “I would like to quit and die on 23rd July.” on an MP3 file on this phone.

Was this some sort of prank? Like those scam bots. The words remained there for another 30 seconds before the phone’s light became blinding white.

Suddenly, a vivid vision appeared....

... ...

Last night, it seemed you had a series of strange dreams. Or rather, equally vivid nightmares. You didn’t even remember if it was about you or someone else. The only recollections of how everything ended up with “you” being dead. One was at the central shopping mall, where a fire had trapped you in.

Another dream was of walking in the middle of a crowd, before looking down to see a knife embedded in your abdomen.

And another, where you had been in the large botanic park. Only to suddenly find yourself sinking in the lake water.

And then there was the strange message on your phone. It was gone this morning, perhaps that was just a dream as well. But just in case… perhaps it might be safe to ask the repair shop.

... ...

There was nothing wrong with the phone in your hand. That was what the mobile repairer had said after inspecting it for a while.

“The strange message that you mentioned isn’t recorded anywhere, and I can’t find any malicious or foreign apps.” He said, handing it back. “You can always come back if you find something strange on your phone.”

“So then there’s no such thing as a “Daemon” software or app? ”

Again, there was a slight confused look from the repairer. “Daemon is just the term for a background software or task. Like something trivial like push notifications. I’ve checked, and the daemon tasks in your phone are fine. ”

Whether you understood what he meant or not, the trip to the repair shop had been rather useless. However, nothing seemed wrong with your phone. It was a weird glitch, you thought to yourself as you walked out.

... ...

“STOP!! WAIT!!”

You stopped your walk, just as teenage boy ran up to you. He held his hand up as he caught back his breath. You waited before you heard him speak again.

“You can’t walk that way. Get out of here now.”

“Excuse me?”

He looked left and right, ignoring your confused expression. His voice dropped significantly lower as he leaned forward. “You can’t walk any further towards that direction. You… you’re going to get killed... stabbed. You saw it, too, right? How you… and I and… the others have died?”

“The others….? Have died…?”

He nodded, as he was getting more and more frantic by the second. “you must have seen it as well. The vision of how the other people would have died… would die today… You as well… you died “today”. It’s probably the third time now… I mean… you’re going to die very soon… and then … “

“And then... ?”

“The day will restart again… apparently until we do what the weird app says. To stop the other people from dying on 23rd July. ”

The message from the strange app came back to your mind again: Prevent deaths for all participants to proceed to 24th July.

-----------------------

[RP SUMMARY]

This is a purely character-driven RP. A number of individuals in a city receive a strange message, asking if they would like to "undo their death" on the 23rd of July. They are given clues about how the participants would die, and are then to use that to prevent their deaths. If any member dies the day is immediately reset back to midnight.

To request to join the RP, fill in the death certificate (ie. CS) for your character. After that, please PM me in detail how to "solve" their death. RPers can either plant clues in IC or via the death certificate. It is encouraged that while solving these, more and more will be uncovered about the characters. (Kind of like character arcs).

[DEATH CERTIFICATE]
Name:
Occupation: (Also give some idea where they work? So other characters might find them. Consider this to be the bio.)
Time of Death: 23rd July 2017 (add in time.
Place of Death:
Death cause:
Witnesses: (if any)
Other remarks: (think of it like "extra" or "optional" section. So if you want to include personality, or general notes etc.)
Last edited by Killian on Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Killian

COLORFUL

Post by Killian » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:06 pm

"People in this world are colourful
The ugly and the beautiful
Make up colours in this world (Hey)
Just pick up your pencil crayons
And be colourful
I’m sure this world is wonderful"

- Mili, "Colorful"

The two had grown up together with their many caretakers. In the rooms of whitewash walls and probing tubes. LIke twins, they had done everything together. They had eaten the same food, they read the same food and had undergone the same surgery operations.

The change started when they were both found wounded after the unfortunate accident in the west wing. After uncovering from the explosion debris, the worried scientists and doctors had used their best technology to treat them both. However, Character A had been found to have a brain damage.

Specifically in the neocortex. Long-term memory was no longer possible.

Anything that occurs after the incident, Character A would forget after approximately a day.

But even if we aren’t exact clones of each other now, we still both want to see the outside world together, right?

Character A and character B's dream to see the outside remained the same. All they need to do was to wait for night to arrive. And then they could sneak through the west wing, where it was yet to finish re-construction. Very soon, very soon they would be able to see the colourful world outside.

Killian

A game in Wonderland

Post by Killian » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:09 am

Until a few many months ago, many young people liked using the social phone app, "Wonderland". There is an additional feature that they can have simple conversations with one character in the app. Each phone ID is allowed one character (from the original Alice in Wonderland and Looking glass stories). The original developer had previously sent an additional package file to certain users, before the app disappeared completely from the market.

Recently, there has become an urban rumour that these avatars in these few featured apps are more than just recorded voices, and some have claimed that these apps are haunted. Some say that they would curse the users, others say that they have an intelligence of their own.

Character A is a normal citizen in the city, and by chance that they were wandering within the downtown part of the street, chased by a hooded figure they had encountered. The figure held out their phone, and from within his shadows, a monster-like creature had materialized. This looked exactly like the shape and form of one of the Wonderland app avatars. The malicious eyes of the Wonderland avatar looked like they were going to crush Character A, until the hooded figure clicked his tongue and disappeared. What had happened? But before they could ask, a figure emerged from the other side of the street, Character B, who was holding onto their phone.

[NOTES]

This is an RP set in an urban fantasy setting, where Character A encounters B, who is one of the users of the "Wonderland" App. By some luck of chance, character B came across A who was almost about to be attacked by another user. Character A will eventually also have access to a special "Wonderland" app.These users can have their respective characters

Killian

Futago

Post by Killian » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:03 am

It is Edo of Japan, the golden age of Yokai. Character A and Character B are twins born in a wealthy merchant family. One of the myths was of the cursed sign of twin infants, that one of them was a demon (ie. oni). After calling in a shaman, it was found the demon’s blood and spirit was resting in the first of the twins.

And thus, Character A was taken and left outside in the field overnight. The next day, however, the infant was no longer found. Perhaps that would have meant that the demon was gone?

Meanwhile, Character B was brought up as the only child in the family. From when they were young, they always saw safety seals placed all over the household by Shaman Priests. It wasn’t because they were trying to ward off curses, but it was to protect the family sword, Juuchi Yosamu: a weapon that had been made by the hands of the legendary Muramasa.

They would not have to worry about it, and merely focus on continuing the family trade. However, everything took a turn when they had returned home one day, seeing servants lying in pools of blood. After running through the dead quiet hallways, they saw to their horror the family katana was missing. Furthermore, there was another person in the same room.

They did not have Juuchi Yosamu in their hands, so they couldn’t have been the plunderer. However, Character B would have been taken back, to see that the person had the same face as them.

[NOTES]

Both Characters A and B should have decent fighting capabilities. Character A would have some more experience and knowledge about fighting yokai, and it wouldn’t be a surprise if they have a weak tanto/katana.The sword will have a Yokai spirit within, which can be summoned, or its powers be used once in a while after eating other souls of yokai or humans.

Both would have little idea about the villain at this stage, and would need to gather information.

Killian

Uncontrolled Dive

Post by Killian » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:14 pm

Welcome to Utopis, the capital city of this nation. There is no such thing as the sun, nor the moon, nor stars. Therefore, mankind had constructed an artificial light source hovering in the centre. It is larger than any airship vehicle, always illuminating the city. And thus, this city never sleeps. From the largest entertainment centres, hospitals with cutting-edge technology and the most academic schools, the red-light district and casinos, the city has everything. It is the most appealing place to entertain your life, and also the safest hiding place for the criminals.

Idea 1:
Character A and Character B were both criminals that have just escaped from the prison. Very narrowly they had escaped from the execution. Utopis is a good hiding place for criminals, but are they able to remain hidden from the government and their own enemies?

Perhaps they may need to cooperate together further. However, are they able to trust each other?

Idea 2:
Why were they being chased and hunted? Character A asked themselves. All they knew was that they need to quickly hide from the strange men wearing black coats. They didn’t know where they were from, but seeing the strange emblem on their sleeve, it was perhaps some criminal group.

Unable to head home without being followed, they encountered Character B in another district. Perhaps it was the heat of the moment, or that they had some will to help a character like Character A. Saying that there is a way to temporary hide, they took them to a place that they were familiar with.

What a surprise it would be to character A, seeing that they were brought to one of the red-light districts. But… aren’t these also places for criminals to hide? Did that mean Character B could be…?

[NOTE]
I’m thinking that Character B can be involved in criminal activities, or someone trying to find a new life away from crime. Or that they can be an investigator.

Idea 3:
Though Character A and Character B are from the same school, they had very different reasons to talk to each other. They may be in the same class, but they had different hobbies, and had different friend circles. Perhaps the only common thing about them is that they both only lived with a single parent.

However, one day both of their parents never came back home. They searched through all the familiar places, but the neighbours are not able to recall anything. The police have promised to begin searching after the second day, and have requested them to search through their parents’ room if there was any clues.

Character A had been searching through the study, before locating a rather old notebook. There was a photo of two people, one was definitely the younger version of their parent. And the one next to them is….? It looked familiar.. Though they were sure they had never met them before. Taking out the photo, on a page, there was a phone number written, and the name faded out.

They dailed the number, and very soon it picked up. On the other side of the call, they heard the voice of Character B. Speaking with Character B, they both had little idea of what happened to their parents, or what relationship they had in the past.

[NOTES]
I was thinking that the parents of the two characters could have been comrades in an investigation case, or that they were in the same criminal organization. Obviously, by now they have retired. But having enemies watching them could still be possible.

Killian

Metagamer

Post by Killian » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:47 am

Have you heard of the roleplaying games kids love to play? Such as “detectives and mafia”.

In all games, there are rules that you must follow.

However, playing the same game with different rules means one will have unfair advantages.

The vampire in front of them gave one glance, before his lips cracked into an arrogant smile. His hands remained in his pocket even as he was outnumbered by the three investigators.

“Do you really think you can defeat me?” he said, not the slightest bothered. “Do you really think mere three humans can defeat a vampire?”

He glanced briefly towards the other side of the street. It was all quiet. There was enough time for him to deal with these three, before meeting up with his partner again.

As you can see, I am a vampire. We play by different rules to humans in this world.

We each have a special ability of our own. You could consider it like “witchcraft” or “magic”; they violate the rules and standards in human science. With each vampire’s unique ability we also have our own weakness, that we would absolutely never want anyone else to find out.

The investigators did not lower their weapons as they cautiously approached the vampire, whose body was twitching in pain from the gunshots. Yet there was not a trace of smell of gunpowder anywhere. But all around the ground, there were white glittering salt scattered like light snow. The previous arrogant smile was gone as he struggled to glare up at the humans.

“H-how….” he seethed as more blood had poured from his mouth. “How did you …”

“How did we know your weakness was rock salt?” the policeman finished for him, as he aimed his firearm towards him. The eyes of the vampire widened in fearful surprise. “Your partner-in-crime has just ‘fessed up. Not long ago, actually.”

There was only a look of disbelief in the vampire’s eyes. That did not make sense. His friend should be hunting after the family from that rich mansion by the -

“If there’s anything you should know,” the police officer continued.”is that we’re going to stop every one of you. You’ve caused enough bloodshed already.”

There was a small click, followed by a booming sound.

Yes, I am offering to help you to hunt down other vampires like myself.

My special ability? I can allow anyone I want to communicate via a telepathic network. As long as I am alive, and I allow it, you will be able to choose to send thoughts to other investigators.

It’s just like one of the taboo in roleplaying games, “metagaming”. Any information taken out of the ruleset, that is metagaming.

More shards of salt fell onto the concrete, next to the fainted and wounded vampire. The one that was firing the rock salt bullet looked at the other next to him, the same one that had shifted his firing arm. The first investigator, was a private investigator, while the second one was a policeman.

“What are you trying to do?” the private detective’s voice was low to hide his dismay. Why was he stopping him from eliminating the vampire?

“I think… it may be better if we leave him alive.”

“Did you not see what… the state the corpses were left in? By these creatures?”

“But..what if we can use them to others out, using this one?”

“A hostage? Do you really think they live by human morals, that they would care about one another like humans?”

How you decide to deal with the other vampires you capture, is of no concern to me. But do you see, my dear investigators? You need me, just as I need you.” the blonde woman said, gesturing to herself in her wheelchair.

Though she was young, she was sickly pale with the black veil over half of her face. The shawl around her shoulders covered most of her bandaged arms. Though she looked so frail, there was a glowing with superiority in her eyes.

However, I do have a condition for lending you my power.” she gave a light smile while continuing. She turned out towards the window. It was soon going to be night in the steampunk capital, Abdiel. “I want you to hunt down a vampire with the ability to manipulate iron. Please bring him to me, even if you must kill him.

[RP SUMMARY]
In the steampunk city, Abdiel, vampires are hidden but very much alive in the common streets. With how secretive the vampire community operates, investigators have always found it difficult to follow up on cases where a vampire has killed humans. Though there have been few written records, the actual number of solved cases were far and few. Following the large fire and explosion at a train station, investigators and policemen all around the city received a letter from a woman claiming that she had intel.

She claims that as a vampire herself, she would be able to help them hunt down the vampires with her special ability. That is: to be able to able to communicate with each other through telepathy, anywhere and anytime by their will.

[NOTES]
Vampires in this RP are considered secondary characters, including the woman.

In this world, there are no vampire hunter organizations at this stage. I kind of want to focus more on the characters, and their view on what vampires are, and how to deal with them. For example, a victim’s family member involved in the case would prefer the vampires to be hunted, while a scientist may bring up the possibility of teaching them to eat food.