New Member, Veteran Roleplayer

Say hi! Stay a while. We love you.
ɮʟɨȶʐӄʀɨɛɢ

New Member, Veteran Roleplayer

Post by ɮʟɨȶʐӄʀɨɛɢ » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:24 am

Herro, I am new to the site, but definitely NOT new to roleplaying. I'm a 12 year veteran to RPs, with some time taken off now and then due to life, but I missssss it so much! I can't wait to jump in and meet new RP friends!

Side note - I first started roleplaying on Wajas, if anyone knows what that is. The community has died down a bit, so here I am. 😄

A little more about myself, I'm a 26 year old female and am an avid dog lover. I am working to begin competing in Schutzhund with my 15 month old German Shepherd. I also am a supervisor in a mental health facility for children, so I sometimes can be pretty mentally exhausted, so don't be offended if I dont get back to you immediately!

I love fantasy roleplaying, especially darker horror stuff, but am down for just about anything, except anime. I like unique characters and plotlines, and honestly I just dont find anime all that interesting.

Anyway, I'll stop rambling now! See you in the forums! 😊

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Re: New Member, Veteran Roleplayer

Post by illirica » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:50 pm

Hello and welcome! We can't wait to have you jump in as well, you sound like a really interesting person. I'll give you the basic overview, and if you've got any specific questions I'm happy to help out with anything!

To start off, I'll give you the link to our rules and FAQs. Check them out when you can and feel free to ask for clarification if you need it. The community here is super helpful and always great about pitching in to help new people.

If you're looking to join an RP, try looking in one of the "Requests" sections - there's one for casual (basic, easygoing RP), one for intermediate (a bit more effort required) and one for advanced (for when you really want to put effort in, but much slower). Any of the recent "REQ" threads in those sections are good places to get started - just take a look and see if you can find something that appeals to you. There's a huge variety of RPs on this site, and you're more than welcome to create one of your own as well.

There are also two other areas - Superhero Sandbox, which is a multi-tier comic-style universe, and a post-apocalyptic area which is in process to be started up soon. For each of those sections, you'll create a character (or characters) and weave them in and out through several different storylines. It's up to you which style of RPing is more appealing to you, and of course you're welcome to try both - plenty of us hang out in multiple areas.

I mod over at the Superhero Sandbox, and I promise we're not scary people in there even if we may appear that way. I also hang out all over the place, so I'm happy to answer any questions I can. Feel free to hit me with any inquiries and I'll do my best to answer them for you.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with, and enjoy your stay!