Newby

Say hi! Stay a while. We love you.
pimpinpinkcamo

Newby

Post by pimpinpinkcamo » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:00 pm

hello everyone. Trish here. Very new here, but been rping for years. Interested in what kind of rps I can start. I've seen the rules and such, now to meet a few people.

Workin on character development story etc for my first posting.
I know I'll have a female named Blaze. She's bisexual. I'm writing everything by hand and will post all of her details later. Still figuring out the app and all the settings and such. Please be patient as I'm workin entirely from my phone.

Feel free to introduce yourself via message if you prefer. Also can anyone point me in the directions on where I could possibly start a few rps? Vamps, Witches, maybe a few werewolves...
Last edited by pimpinpinkcamo on Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Re: Newby

Post by illirica » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:18 pm

Hi there! Welcome to RPF! I'll try to give you that rundown on how things work - the quick bit is that the "requests" areas are going to be where you'll find stuff to be in (or start your own), and that a lot of times you'll be creating a character for the specific RP. It's totally okay to recycle characters, or alter them slightly to fit the setting but have the core be the same. On to the standardized info!

To start off, I'll give you the link to our rules and FAQs. Check them out when you can and feel free to ask for clarification if you need it. The community here is super helpful and always great about pitching in to help new people.

If you're looking to join an RP, try looking in one of the "Requests" sections - there's one for casual (basic, easygoing RP), one for intermediate (a bit more effort required) and one for advanced (for when you really want to put effort in, but much slower). Any of the recent "REQ" threads in those sections are good places to get started - just take a look and see if you can find something that appeals to you. There's a huge variety of RPs on this site, and you're more than welcome to create one of your own as well.

There are also two other areas - Superhero Sandbox, which is a multi-tier comic-style universe, and a post-apocalyptic area which is in process to be started up soon. For each of those sections, you'll create a character (or characters) and weave them in and out through several different storylines. It's up to you which style of RPing is more appealing to you, and of course you're welcome to try both - plenty of us hang out in multiple areas.

I mod over at the Superhero Sandbox, and I promise we're not scary people in there even if we may appear that way. I also hang out all over the place, so I'm happy to answer any questions I can. Feel free to hit me with any inquiries and I'll do my best to answer them for you.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with, and enjoy your stay!