new to this

Say hi! Stay a while. We love you.
kood

new to this

Post by kood » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:39 pm

i'm completely inexperienced with this online forum type rp but ill give it a shot

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Re: new to this

Post by UmbraSight » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:33 pm

Hello and welcome to RPF friend!

Come get to know the community by posting in Off Topic!

If you want to start up an RP please note that on this forum we have three different levels; casual, intermediate, and advanced.

Casual is our fastest moving section, and the requirements are the least stringent! There are no length requirements for role plays here.

Intermediate has a more relaxed pace, but posts here are longer. You should be aiming for at least one paragraph each time you post in intermediate!

Our third level is advanced, role plays here are often slow to update, but each post is usually quite long. The minimum to aim for here is two paragraphs each post!

We also offer two other sections; Open Range which is a drop in drop out style of play. You don’t need to worry about CSs here, just pop in and join a story!

We also have the Superhero Sandbox which is dedicated to superhero style role plays. If you have any questions about this section please contact Illirica, as she is the moderator for the sandbox.

Now, when you are looking to join a role play the system is pretty simple; go to the Request section of the level you want and look for a topic that interests you (or make your own!) (I have linked Casual Requests for you to take a look at)

After you have asked to join the RP owner will likely ask you to fill out a CS or Character Sheet, what is on the sheet changes between role plays but they often contain the same basic components;

Name:
Biography:
Appearance:

Once your character has been accepted you can then join the proper RP! These can be found in the Roleplaying section (I have again linked the casual section) and start crafting a story together!

If you have any other questions feel free to let me know!

I hope you have a lovely time~
//… under her weight the floorboards gave, and she fell into the dark...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

BlondieBoy
Bronze

Post by BlondieBoy » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:51 pm

Welcome welcome! Umbra already explained the different levels of RP we offer here, my personal recommendation would be to skulk around the Casual request threads and see if you can find an idea posted by another user that may interest you, and if not throw one up yourself! We've got a great community here who will take care of you, so don't be shy.
Anybody can give me a compliment, but the only ones that really mean much to me are from my princess.

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:57 am

BRAND NEW!

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Role Playing Forums v4.2.2.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:07 pm

Hello! Welcome, brand new person! You can look above for some of the basic info, and if you've got any questions, let us know!

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:23 pm

Slayer wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:57 am
BRAND NEW!

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Role Playing Forums v4.2.2.
Hello other new person! If you have any questions be sure to ask!

: )
//… under her weight the floorboards gave, and she fell into the dark...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III