Forgotten Magic

RP here if you don't want to worry about guidelines or length. (4 sentences or less per post, on average.)
DJ Muffins

Forgotten Magic

Post by DJ Muffins » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:32 am

This RP will take some backstory to explain... It's an idea I've had for a book, or at least a series of short stories. Let me know if you have any ideas, or tell me what you think! Post below if you're interested, CS Thread here: https://rp-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=11781

In mideval times, a young scholar began his quest to learn anything and everything he could. After mastering literature and science, he moved on to learn many forms of magic, eventually delving into forbidden dark magics. While he grew ever more powerful, many feared he would use this knowledge for his own benefit. The elder council got word that Matherson was becoming so powerful from his knowledge that he could even raise the dead, and resurrect himself with his growing power. After a fierce battle, he was finally defeated and his body sealed with magic runes. After centuries passed the art of magic was lost and forgotten, the council continued, passing it's secrets to it's successors and keeping magic hidden from the modern world. Matherson's loyal friend and right hand man being a dragon has lasted the test of time, and now in the modern age of technology seeks out help in finding someone to help find, and break the seal on Matherson's body in order to bring his friend back to life
FHEW... that's a mouthful. But that's the backstory!
An ancient scholar seeking freedom from the afterlife, a dragon to help accomplish that, and a council of elders bound to hide all magic s from the world.

A small group gathered around their teacher, the Torchlight glimmering off the stone walls as the winter storm beat against the tower walls. The students watching as their mentor cast an odd spell across the surface of the glass, the reflection beginning to ripple like fluid within the frame. "Students, it's time.. take what I've taught you, continue to learn all you can-" a red haired girl burst out, standing as her school robe flapped. "Matherson, we can take them! We know the magics... We could fight!" The tall thin man in dark robes looked over the bright and fiesty student. "We learn for the sake of knowledge. You are to be scholars, not murderers. We cannot kill the ignorant who fear what they do not know. Now, off you go." He gestured to the mirror as each student walked through the glass, vanishing to unknown locations. Watching his reflection flicker as he stood alone in the overwelming silence lost in thought. A singular beast burst through the far door, his armor in tatters as his silver scales glow in the firelight "Sir... They're here" Matherson turned, looking through his old friend at the horrid storm beyond the wall "It is time...
Last edited by DJ Muffins on Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

princess

Re: Forgotten Magic

Post by princess » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:25 pm

I wouldn't mind doing this one.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Role Playing Forums v4.2.1.

DJ Muffins

Post by DJ Muffins » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:31 am

Yey :D
I thought this has died before it had started..
I'll post the link to the CS soon as I can. Hopefully others join in along the way, maybe after it gets started more will see.

SinnieWrath

Post by SinnieWrath » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:21 am

I may be interested
Wrath was here!

DJ Muffins

Post by DJ Muffins » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:55 pm

Great! I just posted the CS thread as this has been up for some time now.
https://rp-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=11781

SinnieWrath

Post by SinnieWrath » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:19 am

You mentioned some magic users may not be human. If so may I use an elven character?
Wrath was here!

DJ Muffins

Post by DJ Muffins » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:17 am

SinnieWrath wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:19 am
You mentioned some magic users may not be human. If so may I use an elven character?
Of course! Just add that to your "appearance" Section on your Character Sheet. If it gives you any talents or abilities just add that as well.

SinnieWrath

Post by SinnieWrath » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:24 am

Thank you I will work on a character as soon as possible. Also what pictures do you prefer anime or real?
Wrath was here!

DJ Muffins

Post by DJ Muffins » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:18 am

I like anime pictures, but both work just fine, whatever you prefer

SinnieWrath

Post by SinnieWrath » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:44 am

I will be using a hand drawn picture of a character a friend drew for me. Thank you, will have a character done soon.
Wrath was here!