[REQ] The Watch Men [OPEN]

RP here if you don't want to worry about guidelines or length. (4 sentences or less per post, on average.)
Venus
Silver

[REQ] The Watch Men [OPEN]

Post by Venus » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:44 am

For hundreds of years a large kingdom named Arrondale has sat on the corner of a small country mostly covered in snow. Being the only inhabitable land, Arrondale sits near the Ocean, protected by a large wall that keeps out the creatures that live in what they call the “Beyond” — the snowy hills and mountains that no man has ever set foot in and lived to tell the tale. Inside the kingdom, people live a good life. Although some may be more rich than others, the King who rules over Arrondale is fair and kind and there are many chances and opportunities for the towns people.

But in order to protect the people inside the kingdom, there are those who must live and train to fight the things from the Beyond. These are called the Watch Men, who are people that are sent to live out their lives on the Wall and train and learn how to protect the people of Arrondale. There are many rules once you are a Watch Man, but only one qualification: you must yield an ability granted to you by the Gods.

Arrondale takes place in a world where all and any magical creature you can think of exist or has existed. While some have gone extinct, others have gone into hiding. And due to this no normal human or supernatural creature is allowed to be a Watch Man. Only demigods, humans blessed by the Gods with abilities, are fit to be Watch Men.

Watch Men are chosen, willingly volunteer, or hunted down. All and any demigod is to be registered with the Arrondale council, and once a demigod turns 16, if they are deemed able, they are to be sent to the Wall to protect, there are no ands, ifs, or buts. Failure to register a demigod or harbor a demigod unwilling to go to the Wall is a death sentence.

For many years this is how the system in Arrondale worked, for many years many Watch Men lived out their lives on the Wall, protecting and dying due to the harsh environment and creatures they swore to protect the people from. Everything was mostly peaceful. That is until the King had unexpected guests.

From a neighboring country called Valoros, a friend of the King’s came to visit, sent by the King of Valoros, with interests of uniting their kingdoms. The King of Arrondale refused, and that same night the King was murdered.

This set the kingdom of Arrondale into a frenzy, and the guest from Valoros was quickly (and falsely) blamed and beheaded for murdering the King. This is how, ten years later, Valoros and Arrondale have been at war. Thousands have died, other countries have come to aid their friends, and the Kingdom of Arrondale has slowly withered to a poor, dying place.

With the war happening, many demigods were sent to the war instead of to the Wall, and this is why their numbers have dwindled. Where there were once hundreds of Watch Men, there are only about 30 left. Creatures from the Beyond have slipped through the cracks and stumbled into the kingdom, and when one particular creature that hasn’t been seen since the beginning of Arrondale’s time reappears, the Watch Men urge the Arrondale Council to help them. As expected they are ignored. The Council too focused on the war with Valoros to worry about a magical creature that was believed to be extinct hundreds of years ago.

Due to this the Commander of the Watch Men gathers a small group of his best men, and sets off to scout. Leaving 5 Watch Men behind. After the second week only one man finds his way back, mumbling about the horrible things he saw out there. He informs the 5 that he’s the only survivor, and there are horrible things making their way to the Wall.

With no help from the Council and the Kingdom of Arrondale dying, it’s up to the last 5 to protect the Wall — or die trying.

~

Available spots:
1. RESERVED
2. RESERVED
3. RESERVED
4. RESERVED
5. OPEN

~

Major Key Points:

1. Arrondale takes place in “Medieval Times” I guess you could say, so there is no electricity or guns or anything like that. Horses, swords, arrows — these are your friends.
2. The world and people that Arrondale is set in heavily believe in gods. A demigod is not born due to a god getting with a human, a Demigod is born a human but then blessed by a god. They are seen as holy (sometimes even as angels) and each one has a special purpose and path.
3. Watch Men swear Oaths and are not allowed to leave the Wall or have any family. They are destined to be Watch Men as soon as they are blessed by a God, and live out theirs lives on the Wall. (I’ll have requirements and all that jazz up.)
4. Arrondale is a blessed Kingdom, meaning that while the rest of the country is snow covered and uninhabitable, Arrondale is the complete opposite. It’s the only piece of land in the whole country that is warm and perfect for farming and livestock to life and thrive in.
5. Most supernatural creatures exist in this world. People like witches, demons, shapeshifters — they can easily blend and even live amongst the people of Arrondale. But other creatures like giants, werewolves, chimera, etc, are not allowed in the kingdom and typically live on the boarder do the Wall, attempting to make their way inside. (Full list of extinct and surviving creatures will be put up.)

Note** So YES this is heavily inspired by the Game of Thrones Night’s Watch. (I haven’t finished the show so no one spoil anything). Also no you don’t need to have watched the show or read the books to join. This is INSPIRED by not based on. I’ve renamed lots of things and edited others because the rp won’t be based on the show or anything. I’m not even sure I’m including dragons (if someone wants me to then I guess I’ll edit stuff to include them.)

I know a lot of things are kind of confusing and maybe a bit weird but I had this rough idea in my head and I wanted to see if anyone was interested. There’s more things I want to add to this but the initial plot is basically what I put up. I want 4 people in total (it’ll be 5 characters counting me), and they will all be around teenager age. (Older than 16 but younger than 25). Just wanted to mention that before anyone says “interested”.

If this gets any interested then I’ll finish setting everything up and put together a CS! If you have any ideas or questions or comments let me know por favor. And as always, thank you for at least reading!

xoxo, Venus
Last edited by Venus on Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:42 am, edited 9 times in total.
illirica wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:20 pm
He heard footsteps approaching, a quiet voice. "Beautiful, isn't it?" Amaryllis said. He'd heard whispers about her. There were rumors, about her. He'd heard that she'd been spending a lot of time with the bay window lately.

Some even said she had put her hand on its underpane.

Venus
Silver

Re: [REQ] The Watch Men

Post by Venus » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:50 pm

Giving this a small bump.
illirica wrote:
He heard footsteps approaching, a quiet voice. "Beautiful, isn't it?" Amaryllis said. He'd heard whispers about her. There were rumors, about her. He'd heard that she'd been spending a lot of time with the bay window lately.

Quintillian

Post by Quintillian » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:02 pm

I'm interested. The concept sounds pretty neat.

Cereal_Killer

Post by Cereal_Killer » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:39 pm

I love game of thrones so if you'll have me I would love to join.
People often remark that I’m pretty lucky. Luck is only important in so far as getting the chance to sell yourself at the right moment. After that, you’ve got to have talent and know how to use it. – Frank Sinatra

Venus
Silver

Re: [REQ] The Watch Men [OPEN]

Post by Venus » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:47 pm

Oh awesome!! I’ll reserve two spots for you guys. I usually have a 1-2 day rule for reserving spots but eh. It’s fine. I have a lot to get ready for the rp anyway.

Here is the CS thread where the CS is located as well as the rest of the info about the rp is. (Full list of supernatural creatures is pending.)

https://rp-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=2 ... 97#p315397

And here is the OOC thread for any questions/comments!

https://rp-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=13306

I ask that you read everything before making a CS. And if something is unclear please let me know.
illirica wrote:

HighVoltage
Bronze

Re: [REQ]The Watch Men [OPEN]

Post by HighVoltage » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:59 am

Hey Rosie, are there still spots open?

Venus
Silver

Post by Venus » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:36 am

My cover is blown ;-; I thought no one recognized who I was anymore lmao

Of course! There’s two spots still open. Shall I reserve you one?
illirica wrote:

HighVoltage
Bronze

Post by HighVoltage » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:38 am

That would be lovely

Venus
Silver

Re: [REQ] The Watch Men [OPEN]

Post by Venus » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:19 pm

bumping this because I can
illirica wrote: