[REQ] Un-X-Ceptable Losses (X-Men style rp.)

RP here if you don't want to worry about guidelines or length. (4 sentences or less per post, on average.)
Orophin
Bronze
Location: At The Brink of Destruction and The Edge of Annihilation.

[REQ] Un-X-Ceptable Losses (X-Men style rp.)

Post by Orophin » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:01 pm

All of our protectors are gone. The heroes like the X-Men, X-Force, and X-Factor. Those who fought for their own goals, but also for the protection of our people, like the Acolytes and the Brotherhood of Mutants. Even those who remained neutral and hidden but would still assist us in times of need like the Morlocks. All of them are just gone, and no one knows why. They all disappeared a little over two years ago, and as should be expected the humans who hate us quickly took advantage.

The groups like Orchis, the Purifiers, and even the U-Men all seemed to almost instantly increase their number of attacks, obductions, and assassinations that they would preform on our people. While this was going on the government once again began discussing how the remaining mutants should be handled. After a few months an enhanced version of the mutant registration act was brought forward to be considered for implantation. Roughly ten months after the disappearance of our protectors the new law had been passed.

With this new law passed a new government agency was developed. The Mutant Response Division, or as it's more commonly referred to as, the MRD. The law not only required that we be registered so that the government can keep track of us, but we were also given a list of new regulations and limitations that mutants had to follow. The MRD made sure that we not only accepted, but also followed these laws. Regardless of how they affected us. On top of this a new sort of segregation system was set up which required mutant citizens to be considered last when it came to jobs, to only be able to live and shop in certain areas, and even at times to be required to give up things they owned if humans wanted it or if how a mutant had gotten ahold of it in the first place was raised as a question. This lasted for a few months before the virus began to spread.

The virus was powerful, and oftentimes deadly, but during it's incubation period it was almost undetectable. When it did show signs it seemed to be a simple disease like the common cold, or a fever. Sometimes it could even be as simple as frequent headaches. But since the virus had originated amongst humans, and since it rarely affected mutants, it was assumed that the disease was created either by a mutant power or a mutant with an understanding of something along the lines of possibly a virologist or an epidemiologist if not something else.

This expectedly caused hate for mutants to once again intensify again. A few months later after the start of 2020 mutants began to be gathered up in order to be kept in what are essentially high security concentration camps. A short time later a new law was passed so that any humans caught helping a mutant in any way were immediately arrested and charged with a felony offense. Of course since we mutants have had such a bad history with humans since our existence was discovered nearly twenty years ago many of us didn't register in the first place. So many of us are still in hiding or on the run.

Because of this known fact mutants are also being blamed for all of the other bad things that have happened throughout 2020. Including everything from human lead riots to shortages in food or other products sold in stores. Those of us on the run have been without hope for quite some time now and it has become clear that what mutants need right now are a symbol of hope that they can look up to. A group of human sympathizers has already started a rebellion with many free mutants whose goal is to free imprisoned mutants and to get the government to overturn their earlier decision on mutant registration and mutant treatment. While this is a good thing it ignores the other half of the problem. We need somebody to stand up to the human supremist groups and those who do it need to become a symbol for mutants similar to what the X-Men in the past once were. I've been gathering and searching for people who share this opinion with me for the past few months, and now I finally think we have a group that can truly begin to put up a real fight against those who wish to wipe our people out of existence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, the idea here is that our characters are, clearly, all mutants who decide to join together in order to start fighting to protect the rest of mutantkind. Our characters could have hade some sort of connections with mutant groups in the past. Those could be anything from the X-Men, the Morlocks, or even the Brotherhood. Obviously you could pick another group as well I just chose those ones as an example. But this is not a requirement of course. If you want your character could easily just have been one of the many who stayed hidden up till everything began happening two years ago. Whichever idea you prefer is completely fine. Our characters, while they may have had a past with a mutant group, have never actually been a part of a team before. They also wouldn't be very young, or all that old either. The age limit will be explained once I post up the character sheet layout. I'd love to hear what people think about this idea, and I'm happy to consider suggestions that people might have for this rp. I hope that this gets some interest and that we are able to create and enjoy a long lasting rp together. I hope to here from anyone interested soon.
Last edited by Orophin on Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone. - Sophie Scholl

Orophin
Bronze

Re: [REQ] Un-X-Ceptable Losses

Post by Orophin » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:02 pm

(Link for CS section will go here once it is up.)

(Link for OOC section will go here once it is up.)

(Link for RP section will go here once it is up.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*RULES*

~No Godmoding.
~Respect each other.
~If you have a problem bring it to me first so that we can try to handle it without making a huge scene.
~Please try to use proper spelling, and punctuation, to the best of your ability.
~Write in third person only.
~Keep cussing to a minimum if you use it, but I would prefer not to have any.
~Let's all have fun.
Last edited by Orophin on Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone. - Sophie Scholl

Orophin
Bronze

Post by Orophin » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:03 pm

(Please do not post character profiles up until I tell people to begin doing so. Obviously you can work on your profile beforehand if you wish to do so. That way you already have an idea of what you want to do. Just please don't post them until I say to do so. Also I'd like it if we could have a range of characters with different powers and abilities. Meaning I don't want a team full of character with only physical fighters like Colossus, Wolverine, and Beast. This of course goes with any type of single focus styled team. I just want to make sure we have a balanced team set up. I don't care if you use more than one character so long as you can handle doing so. However, if you have more than one then make sure you're playing two different styles of characters. So, for example, if you have someone like Cyclops for your first character then consider playing someone who can help by getting around obstacles like Shadowcat or Nightcrawler, or maybe someone who can heal like Elixir or Triage. If you'd like to talk about your ideas before you post them that's fine. It could also help to make sure that people don't come up with the same kind of ideas before I start letting you post your characters.)

(CS)

Name:

Codename:

Age: (No characters younger than 16, and none older than 35.)

Sex:

Personality:

Mutant Abilities: (You can have more than one but they need to be things that make sense together. So for example I don't want to see a character like Iceman who also has Blobs super strength or Cyclops optic blasts.)

Skills: (Any special fighting styles or unique skills that you have trained in.)

Gear: (This is any other weapons or special equipment and items that you keep with you.)

Bio:

Appearance: (No pictures of real people. I prefer anime if you can find them.)

Extra:

cz_invazion
Bronze

Post by cz_invazion » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:09 am

Still looking for people?
Remember, when you go to war. If peace doesn't work carry the bigger stick.

Orophin
Bronze

Post by Orophin » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:07 pm

Yes I am. I've just been having really bad headaches the last few days so I haven't really been on the site until now.

cz_invazion
Bronze

Post by cz_invazion » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:10 pm

Well stop having them it's that easy
Remember, when you go to war. If peace doesn't work carry the bigger stick.

Orophin
Bronze

Post by Orophin » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:26 pm

I wish it was that easy. However, with my genetics that probably wouldn't be a viable option even if humans could stop themselves from having regular headaches. Because that not what I personally get usually.

Orophin
Bronze

Post by Orophin » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:06 am

Name: Kane Raziel LeBeau

Codename: Concussion

Sex: Male

Personality: Kane honestly doesn't believe that he deserves to be alive. This is because he feels that the way he came to exist was an abomination against the natural order of the world. However, for this very reason he has also come to dedicate his life to enhancing and preserving the life of all those that he is able to help. He believes in always being honest and therefore is often seen as being too blunt in his mannerisms. He has a soft spot for children and animals because of their innocence and simply views of the world. He loves nature since he wasn't able to see it until much later in his life. He is also a dedicated christian because the religion helped him to find piece and purpose after he learned the truth of what he actually was.

Mutant Abilities: Kinetic Energy and Molecular Density Manipulation. Both powers are controlled through manipulation of kinetic energy forces in himself as well as those in living beings and objects (both living and inanimate) that he touches. His mind is also heavily shielded against invasion, manipulation, or attacks by psionic powers.

Skills: He is an expert thief who is especially talented at picking locks, picking pockets, hacking, and sleight of hand. He is also a skilled fighter trained in Krav Maga, Judo, Muay Thai, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, parkour, hand-to-hand, unarmed, throwing weapons, and both baton and staff fighting styles.

Gear: Multiple decks of cards, multiple pouches full of marbles, a large collection of throwing needles, and a two piece expandable staff set.

Bio: Kane wasn't born like most people. Instead he was grown in a laboratory that was run by Nathaniel Essex, or as he was more commonly know as Mister Sinister. While Sinister truly believed that Nathan Summers, or Cable as he would come to be known, would be the one to bring down Apocalypse he was also worried that Nathan could be destroyed if he was found before he was ready or if he was outnumbered by both Apocalypse and too many of his followers. Because of this Sinister began to work on what he called the Guardian solution. This is what lead to the eventual creation of Kane himself.

Kane had been created by the combined genetic codes of Remy Etienne LeBeau, Gambit, and Katherine Pryde, Shadowcat. On top of this to focus and enhance Kanes powers to work in the way that he wanted them to Sinister and also modified Kanes DNA with the abilities from Shinobi Shaw, the son of the Black King of the Hellfire Club, Sebastian Shaw. This combination of his genetic parents DNA enhanced with Shinobi Shaws powers granted Kane a unique and enhanced version of his parents abilities. All of his powers work through the manipulation of kinetic energy including when he is manipulating the molecular density of molecules to aquire the necessary desired affects. A side affect that Sinister hadn't expected was Kanes natural mental resistance to psionic abilities. This is because he had acquired both of his genetic parents abilities to resist mental intrusion.

All of these things together made him to perfect person to protect Nathan. The being that Sinister saw as his greatest accomplishment. So Kane was put through extensive training so that he would be able to do whatever was necessary for him to be of assistance to Nathan. This constant training and conditioning continued until the boy had turned sixteen. Then something occurred that Sinister had not expected. During on of the attacks on his facilities by the X-Men the group happened to find Kane. Kane had only been given information that Sinister felt was necessary for him to protect Nathan and so he had no reason to see the X-Men as his enemies. Both Gambit and Kitty where in the group that attacked the facility and so seeing the similarities they shared in powers Kane decided to leave with the X-Men.

For a little over the next year Kane lived at Xaviers School for gifted youngsters. He was hungry for knowledge and wanted to learn everything he could about the world that had been hidden from him. His genetic parents took time getting to know him and explained to him the truth about who Sinister actually was and told him about the families that he was connected to. They accepted him for who he was and tried to make him feel welcome amongst them. But as Kane learned more of the truth about himself the more he came to despise what he was. Eventually he chose to leave after he had turned eighteen.

Kane felt he needed to find his own place in the world after everything he had learned. He knew he would always be welcomed amongst the X-Men but he also felt like he didn't really know who he was. He spent the next few years wandering. Sometimes he would live amongst the Morlocks helping them in their mission to help wayward mutants. While at other times he would wonder on his own helping any who he could in whatever way he could. When everything began to change two years ago Kane was unsure what to do. He first went into deep hiding as things began to get worse. He would help out how he could, when he could, but he wasn't able to do that much on his own. Then about half a year back he decided that enough was enough and he started searching for those mutants who agreed with him and were willing to join with him in order to try to make the world same for mutantkind, and those who supported them, once more.

Appearance:
Kane stands at around 6'8".

Extra: These are images for his two piece expandable staff set. When both ends are expanded and connected together the staff reaches six feet in length.

Holsters

Twin Baton Form

Staff Form
Last edited by Orophin on Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Orophin
Bronze

Post by Orophin » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:11 am

If anybody is interested in this idea I'd love to hear what kind of characters you'd like to bring in. I have a friend who is supposed to be bringing in two characters already. Once their characters have been posted I will open this entirely for general character submissions. Hope to hear from more people soon.

Monika
Casual Mod

Re: [REQ] Un-X-Ceptable Losses (X-Men style rp.)

Post by Monika » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:20 pm

I'll get my healer up sometime today
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡