[REQ] Blood Drive [NEEDS 1 MORE]

If you're willing to consistently post a paragraph and want more depth than casual, try this on for size. (5-10 sentences per post, on average.)
Neforium

[REQ] Blood Drive [NEEDS 1 MORE]

Post by Neforium » Fri May 18, 2018 9:20 pm

Image 1999 - It's the near future in Los Angeles, climate change keeps temperatures a cool 115 degrees in the shade, water is as scarce as oil, which by the way, costs thousands per barrel, and crime is so rampant that authorities only bother punishing cases of severe law-breaking (i.e. stealing water rations, injecting RED) with a merciless violence of their own. To top it off, a strange corperation has its hands in every pocket of every player in this unforgiving game. Now You may be wondering how you would survive in such a hellish enviornment. Well, you usually don't, unless youre willing to put on a good show and make a few... sacrifices..
There's a Race you can join if you're bold, It's host, a vaudevillain nightmare, Self-proclaimed God of the stage, myself, Julian Slink. Ladies and gentlemen, bastards and tramps, bloodsuckers, mother*****rs, road trash and vamps, to the queer and the strange, in the crowd and on the stage, to the violent, the malevolent, and those seeking a grave, welcome home!
But whats a cross-country race without a delightfully gory twist? Our cars you see, have taken a more fuel efficient turn. Instead of going green, we went R E D.
For they run on human blood, so the entire race will leave nothing but a bloody, psychotic rampage in its wake. Thanks to the mileage though, they have an appetite as ravenous as their drivers.
Image As if that wasnt enough, our participants are homocidal psychos and the only way to keep pushing them forward is with an explosive charge in the base of the skull. Team charges, will be linked. So if a partner strays too far, or you're last across the finish line each day... INSTANT. Brain. Jelly.
So Racers, Feed your engines, and get ready to participate in the most violent, crazed death race of all time!

WELCOME TO BLOOD DRIVE

So ive had this idea for a long time and ive wanted so badly to pull it off.
If you havent seen Syfy's "Blood Drive", its a beautiful cinematic masterpiece that mimicks the slapstick B movie horror i personaly adore.
Heres a trailer to get an idea.
Im aiming for an original spinoff where our characters end up as the racers (perhaps teamed up or grouping together) who join for their own reasons and wind up mixed up in a deeper plot going beyond just winning.

To keep in line with forim guidelines the gore and ludity can be downplayed so that the focus is on the drama of the racers and action. Of course the twisted elements will sstill play their part.
Im looking for 3-4 people who are interested and who would like to help create subplots and arent afraid to mingle OOC.
I plan to have checkpoint events to speed the plot along and will even give details about certain locations and characters for the aid of your posts c:
Let me know if this interests anyone and I will post a CS and RP thread c:
Last edited by Neforium on Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Neforium

Re: [REQ] Blood Drive

Post by Neforium » Sat May 19, 2018 1:45 pm

Bump

Tanith
Silver

Post by Tanith » Sat May 19, 2018 10:13 pm

This sounds really interesting! How vital is it to know Blood Drive ? I've never seen it is that a problem?
Books are better than People

Tanith
Silver

Post by Tanith » Sat May 19, 2018 10:17 pm

Ow my watched the trailer..... love love love the look of this. Im currently trying to find somewhere i can watch it

( this is my first Intermediate rp...)

Tanith
Silver

Post by Tanith » Sat May 19, 2018 10:25 pm

Im Watching Blood Drive now...wow i love it

Neforium

Post by Neforium » Sat May 19, 2018 10:30 pm

Tanith wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 10:13 pm
This sounds really interesting! How vital is it to know Blood Drive ? I've never seen it is that a problem?
It would probably help to see an episode or two but really watching the trailer and reading what i put in the main thread will be enough c: ill explain important plot points and play key NPCs c:

Tanith
Silver

Post by Tanith » Sat May 19, 2018 11:07 pm

Ive found a place to watch it...guess im not going to sleep tonight lol xD

Neforium

Post by Neforium » Sun May 20, 2018 1:03 am

Bump

Tanith
Silver

Post by Tanith » Sun May 20, 2018 6:57 pm

Nearly finished Blood Drive....

Neforium

Post by Neforium » Mon May 21, 2018 9:46 pm

Tanith wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 6:57 pm
Nearly finished Blood Drive....
Sweeeet. Howd you like it?
Personally its one of my favorite mini-series and i wish they did more than just the one season but im happy with what i have ^^
Also if youre still interested in doing the RP im just waiting for like one more person and then i can make the threads c: