IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ.

Important news and updates from Ape Apps and the RPF Staff

Moderators: Moderator, Admin, Developer

Fang
Admin

IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ.

Post by Fang » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:11 pm

The staff of RPF are well aware of the bot incursion which has been taking place since the previous unintended wipe. We are working dilligently to keep these bots from disrupting your time here, but a few concessions must be made by you in order for us to do this most efficiently.

Firstly I must ask that you do not post or reply to the spam thread. (I'm talking to you, Jhibus.) When I am clearing out these unwanteds from the database your replies only create more work for me, and there is a risk that I will mistake your username for the name of the spammer. If that happens you could end up with an undeserved ban.

Also we ask that you report any spam posts or threads which you might find. Our eyes are always peeled, but with your help we can react more swiftly to the offenses and keep our forums nice and tidy.

Hopefully the issue which allows these bots access will be resolved eventually, but in the meantime your cooperation will help keep RPF a pleasant experience for all.

Maniacdancer

Re: IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ.

Post by Maniacdancer » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:52 am

How come the other app doesn't work. I'm curious.

xxStitchesxx

Post by xxStitchesxx » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:30 am

In the future, that doesnt belong here, and has been answered before. The Legacy app is essentially a wrapper for the actual site. The other app was designed to be phone friendly and the owner has opted out of rebuilding it for the time being.
The return of the Stitch.

bastecklein
Site Admin

Post by bastecklein » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:42 pm

Just installed some new spambot countermeasures onto the server, hope it helps. Let me know if it causes issues.
Owner of Role Playing Forums and Ape Apps
If you need me, I can generally be found at the Ape Apps Forum