Looking for an rp partner with a lot of time on their hands

If you want to advertise your blog, forum, kickstarter, or anything else like that, this is your destination!
ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Looking for an rp partner with a lot of time on their hands

Post by ShinyHappyFitsOfRage » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:56 pm

To start this off, I like a breadth of things, but all themes boil down to superpowered... medieval, modern, sci fi, darker or lighter, I like to play powerful and often offbeat characters, and always in settings involving magic or the supernatural, or pseudo science. The best fantasy is a power fantasy~

That said, I'm disabled. I'm home all day, every day, and if I could, I'd write every waking moment. I've been writing for a very long time, and am attempting to find new rp partners as zealous as myself. Preferably, I'd like to write with people who are willing and able to sit down and write for at least an hour at a time, and preferably on discord. Despite the word limit, it's very handy... it's a more active medium than a forum, if you're not doing post by post, and you can see if your partner is typing... and I always have it open, and am always keeping an eye on it. It's just convenient.

I have a lot of characters I've written over the years... a goblin queen, a child of the Vanir, a cambion prince of Hel, a heckpup girl (I do quite enjoy my monster girls, and consider her a viable tiefling for DnD/Pathfinder) and... well, dozens of others, many of whom I've commissioned artwork for. I'm always willing to show off my little gallery of commissions/fan art.

I write males and females, but I'm not a fan of romancing male characters... if you want something with romance or smut, I'll ask that you please stick to something that isn't a masculine male.

As for dming... I'm not the best, but I'm willing to try. If you're good at weaving worlds and plots, I'll bend over backwards to make the writing worth your while, because my talent for such leaves much to be desired. I can write some very compelling characters... but I'm terrible at juggling complex intrigues, or bringing vibrant settings to life consistently. That said, I'm still willing to try, and who knows, perhaps I'll even eventually get better at it.

For anyone interested, I'm easiest to get a hold of on Discord... feel free to ask for details.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Re: Looking for an rp partner with a lot of time on their hands

Post by UmbraSight » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:14 pm

Hello and welcome to RPF, as a quick little reminder this is a PG13 site, so we do not allow ERPs/smut nor do we allow role playing within the PMs.

That said, what sort of plots/stories do you enjoy?
//… under her weight the floorboards gave, and she fell into the dark...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Post by ShinyHappyFitsOfRage » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:32 pm

I wouldn't rp anything beyond pg 13 within the forums. That said, I have a strong distaste for forum rp... I try to avoid it. Conversation is fine on forums, but I prefer to actually roleplay on Discord. Much more convenient, for me at least. I joined the discord server for this site, but I haven't gotten any responses as of yet.

As for stories, I'm a long time MUD roleplayer. I'm used to anywhere from one to sixteen hours sat down, banging out stories in a setting everyone's at least loosely agreed upon, though I prefer one on ones with one person driving the majority of the plot devices. High fantasy is my mainstay, but I also do a lot of dystopian cyberpunk, steampunk, post apocalyptic, and the like. I was actually thinking about an rp for a grimdark steampunk setting, where myself and whoever I write with would play the students of Dr. Jekyll... the ones that survived his transformation, and underwent some rather disturbing changes themselves.

It'd become a rather intriguing and emotional romp through an increasingly violent and disturbing setting.

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:20 pm

You tend to get more response if you're a part of a community first, make friends, and then talk about rping, getting contact information that way. Coming to a forum just to go elsewhere doesn't sit well with the regulars who you're looking to RP with, especially in this section.
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Post by ShinyHappyFitsOfRage » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:24 pm

I did exactly that. I joined a server and started rping with others, from the community discord.