Legacy: Chapter One (Open!)

With a suggested standard of two paragraphs or more and dedicated lore threads, this is for the more verbose roleplayer. (10+ sentences per post, on average.)
Poetic Ghost

Re: Legacy: Chapter One

Post by Poetic Ghost » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:27 am

Example Sheet

Full Name:
"Staff Sergeant James Akari, but feel free to just call me James."

Race:
"Human, born and raised."

Homeworld:
"I was born on Landfall, the capital of Republia. It wasn't a terrible place to grow up, wasn't the best either.."

Appearance:
James stands at 6'2", with about 180lbs of toned and trained muscle. James' has the physique of a well-trained soldier, and he works to maintain his shape through exercise. His skin is tanned and marked with more than a couple scars. His hair is a dark brown, once cut into a military style, it has grown out longer and is usually held up with a bandana when James is in combat or is piloting his mech, Peace Walker. Both of his ears are pierced, and occasionally he wears a single small ring through his right ear. Overall, James is ruggedly handsome.. maybe a bit more on the rugged side, but overall a fine specimen of Human male in the Asterian Galaxy.

Weapons:
When it comes to weaponry, James usually carries his H&K Mk. 23 pistol. While it's an older pistol, it's reliability and relatively easy manufacturing make it a common firearm seen in the Asterian Galaxy. Aside from that, James is a fan of the FN P90 Submachine Gun, being a little nostalgic. Outside of firearms, James almost always carries a knife, and can easily subdue an enemy with his martial arts if need be.

Affiliation:
"I'm leading this squad, so welcome, make yourself comfortable and don't be afraid to make friends."

Skills:
James has been trained extensively in hand-to-hand combat and the use of firearms, though he prefers and is the most accurate with his pistol. In fact, he held the undefeated title in the sparring ring during his time at training. He is an exceptionally talented strategist, and his skill behind the controls of a mecha is perhaps some of the finest display of piloting in this era. James has the skills necessary to face any enemy on almost any battlefield, coming from his years of experience within the Republian Army. Now, working as a freelancer, his military skills and talent in a cockpit makes him a more than capable soldier for hire.

Personality:
James wants to believe he can be a hero. He's been a soldier for most of his adult life, fighting for what he believed in. Fighting to protect those who couldn't protect themselves and defending people. It wasn't about glory, that's not what being a hero means to James. Being a hero means fighting for what you love, and never letting anything keep you down, always getting back up and fighting, taking the hit for your friends but finding it inside you to push onward. James may try to hide it with his professional soldier exterior, with all his by-the-book jargon and 'get it done' attitude. But James truly does care about everyone who is under his command, human or not. He'll always be the one to take the hit for someone else, and he'd rather be the one knocked down than live knowing he let someone else lay themselves down for him. He's got a big heart, even if he doesn't want to show it.

Biography:
Even at a young age, James knew he'd become a soldier. In his childhood, he was surrounded by military figures, warriors, heroes of his nation. He knew what he wanted to be, he wanted to someone who made a difference, someone who could one day be called a hero. Almost everyone in his family had been in the military. His father had served his time and sacrificed his legs for his country, and his mother still serves in the Republian Navy as an admiral of the Defense Fleet. He grew up with sisters and brothers, younger and older. When he was younger, he was closest with his sister, Resa, and his brother Renn, although as they've all gone into different careers and James hasn't seen Landfall in years.

Throughout his childhood, he was close friends with Serah Ohara, the daughter of Desmond Ohara, a comrade of James' father and the Republian Premier. He spent much of his childhood with her, and into flight school as they both enrolled to become pilots. Serah and James promised to each other that they'd become ace pilots together, and defend their nation together. They were inseparable, until the night that Serah told James her plans for going into government work. This meant she'd be departing Landfall.. not knowing when she would return. James pleaded that she stay, but she could not, her father had made his choice and so had she. James was heartbroken and felt alone. The promise she had made meant nothing anymore. He lost all interest in becoming a pilot, and soon was removed from his academy as his disinterest affected his performance.

With the weight of shame on his shoulders from his failure and his parents thoughts on the matter, James chose to leave Landfall for good. He enlisted only weeks later into the Republia Colonial Armed Defence Force, specifically into infantry. He excelled as a foot soldier, and his strategic training from his time at flight academy, and he soon saw action on the colony and frontier worlds as a footsoldier. Soon he became a squad leader, leading teams of soldiers on more dangerous assignments, often working behind enemy lines or demolition jobs.

He was doing good, defending people in the colonies, but a man can only see so much blood. James could only lose so many men, and have so many close calls before he needed to see something new, he needed to apply himself elsewhere. Drawing on his flight training, he requested to be transferred to the 62nd Mechanized Calvary, an AMP Regiment. Behind the controls of a mecha, he could turn the tide of a battle, save countless lives, and truly be a hero. At least, he thought that.

War is war, and James was naïve to believe it would be any different whether he was in a walking tank or on the ground. People die, and James couldn't save them all. With the sudden arrival of Serah back into his life, and the mission to save some lives, James hopes he can leave the military behind and do something without needing to take orders for once in his life.

Misc:
In his time as a soldier, James has served alongside many different soldiers and seen many different battlefields. It isn't uncommon to find retired soldiers from the Republia Military wandering as mercenaries, as those who aren't of the 'gung-ho' variety or are career military usually end up leaving once they've made enough money. James' has friends in odd places, and it would be an understatement to say he's something of a legend among soldiers, pirates, and the enemies he's faced.

Character Theme:
P.S Red I - TK from tosite sigure

A.M.P Sheet

(Art by MeganeRid on DeviantArt)

Mech Name:
Peace Walker

Mech Specialty:
Peace Walker is built like a walking fortress, with heavy armor plating, an arsenal of weaponry, and the capability to lead the charge. Peace Walker is a commander's dream.

Appearance:
James' mech is an impressive, towering machine with enormous thrusters and missile pods decorating it's back. While it might be a bit more bulky than the usual mech seen in the hands of a mercenary, it's size isn't just for show. It is heavily armored and packed to the gills with weaponry.

Weapons:
Peace Walker has fully articulate hands, meaning it is capable of using most non-attached mech weapons. Meaning, Peace Walker can scavenge and switch weapon loadouts without the need for a mechanic to install a new weapon system. Usually, Peace Walker carries a Durendal Mark V. Heavy Assault Rail-Rifle, a mid-range anti-armor rifle. Aside from handheld weapons, James has had his mech equipped with a quad missile system for engaging enemy armor or aerial targets, as well as hip mounted grenade launchers, designed for fighting infantry.

Special Attributes:
Peace Walker is part of the old Bushi line of mecha, known for their uncanny ability to take damage and go for long periods without repairs or maintenance. They're known for being tough, reliable, and easy to drive but rewarding to master.
~~ You are but a grain of sand, in the sands of time. ~~

Vladmirk

Post by Vladmirk » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:18 am

tumblr_muretzFNLk1sqwc3mo1_500.gif
Full Name: Galen Khan
Race: Human
Homeworld: Landfall
Appearance: Galen is roughly 5'9, and weighs in around 156 pounds. He's pretty slim, but still toned nonetheless. His skin has a light tan, complementing his light brown hair, and blue eyes. Overall he's quite attractive, but his winning personality tends to keep potential love interests away. Galen doesn't really have any notable scars or piercings, though he does have a tribal tattoo on his left shoulder depicting the letter S. He does not discuss the meaning of it or what it stands for.
Weapons: Galen isn't all that great with weapons. That being said, he probably has a pistol laying around?
Affiliation: Mercenary
Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Programming, the list goes on. Essentially, anything involved in creating his love and joy, he is skilled at. He is also incredibly skilled at piloting his mech. It's his own UI design, so his skills may not transfer over to other mechs as well.

Personality: Galen's smart. He knows it. Everyone knows it. That being said, it doesn't come as a surprise that someone like him would be cocky. Most don't throw around the word 'genius' to describe themselves, regardless, Galen isn't wrong. Most kids his age aren't making as much money as him, capable of piloting mechs, much less being able to engineer one out of junkyard scraps. Not that his current mech is engineered out of junk or anything. His arrogance and 'holier than thou' complex (Not his description, just some rando) would lead anyone to believe he wouldn't be willing to get his hands dirty though that is far from the truth. He isn't above doing his own work such as building a mech by hand regardless of how dirty, dangerous, or delicate a job it may be. He gets bored easily, he would prefer to just design and build mechs than to work a mundane job to fund his projects. Which is the real reason he got into mercenary work. He gets a thrill from using his mechs in combat, almost like an addiction. This may describe times where he'll become highly unsettled when nothing is happening. His rough personality has essentially isolated him. He doesn't talk to anyone

Biography: "Funny how life can start out so painfully normal. It's like a practical joke. Come on. You know how it is, like an unsettling afterthought or just that gut feeling. In literature terms, it's foreshadowing. Foreshadowing how my shitty life was about to hit the metaphorical fan. It's funny, I think. When you've been so desperate for a change, that when it finally comes, tearing apart your life before your very eyes, you become numb to everything.

"Where was I even going with that? Whatever. In the most simplest of terms, I'm an orphaned boy-genius who has a death wish and a bloodlust for fighting to the death for money to build bigger and better mechs... What do you mean I seem to fight for the greater good? I just get paid more with you guys. Plus the Soviets generally have better mechs. I could really fuck up your day, but it wouldn't be as fun for me... I don't know what else to tell you. I'm a mercenary. I thought that was already clear. Whatever, you done with the psych evaluation or what?"
Misc:
Character Theme: (I don't feel like straying from my kind of music, so yeah nu-metal Character Themes are going to be a thing for me)

Only One - Slipknot

A.M.P Sheet

Mech Name: Arachne
Mech Specialty: Arachne specializes in hit and run tactics. Due to her six legs, she can outmaneuver most mechs. Combined with mid-long range weaponry, she hits hard and fast. The Missile Systems on the mech have two MAWS rocket turrets on either side as well as a the middle being a HEAT Missile System. The MAWS are designed for smaller mechs and heavily armored ground vehicles while the HEAT is designed for heavy armored mechs and fortifications. One of the most impressive features is Arachne's ability to use Counter-Illumination. A less effective version of adaptive camouflage, this is mainly used for ambush tactics, as a way to get the first hit essentially.
Appearance: Screenshot (2).png

Weapons:
Gauss Anti-Material Rifle
MAWS/HEAT Hybrid Missile Systems
(Medium Anti-Tank Weapon Systems/High-Explosive Anti-Tank Warhead)
Screenshot (1).png

Special Attributes:
Lateral Movement
Circle Strafing
Counter-Illumination

Misc: His mech is essentially a mobile home, the cockpit houses a living area and kitchen. Essentially designed for long-term assignments.
Sometimes theory and logic don't match reality, and that's when the most exciting discoveries happen.
-Jason Kang

Poetic Ghost

Post by Poetic Ghost » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:20 am

Hey, just an update. I know we’ve gotten quite a bit of interest so far but not many CSes. I’m still very invested in this RP, but I understand if life has been getting in the way or if some people no longer have interest. I take no offence, I just want to know if people need more time if I should count them out of the roster.
~~ You are but a grain of sand, in the sands of time. ~~

Vladmirk

Re: Legacy: Chapter One (Open!)

Post by Vladmirk » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:21 pm

Of course I'm still interested. I have to fix my pictures for my CS when I get back home though
Sometimes theory and logic don't match reality, and that's when the most exciting discoveries happen.
-Jason Kang

kotetsu

Post by kotetsu » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:33 am

Remember when I said I was 70% done? The night after I started reworking the whole thing.... it was that bad and needed a rework.
Current Characters
None
Currently Active RP's
None (RIP Azuria)

TheNerdyHobbit

Post by TheNerdyHobbit » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:31 am

I'm also really interested. It may take me a couple days to complete the character sheet though. I have plenty of time on my hands right now but i'm pretty indecisive.