[Req] Fated

Moderators: Moderator, Admin, Developer

OMGWTFBBQ

[Req] Fated

Post by OMGWTFBBQ » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:54 pm

Note: I do note need a bunch of roleplayers, and I will be picky. If you are interested, by all means post the idea for your contribution, I will view examples of your writing, and consider any requests to participate.

"What happens to us when we die?" The young man, barely old enough to be called a man asked his companions as they sat around a fire underneath the open night sky. The air was warm enough for comfort, but the fire helped to combat any chill breeze that might cut through their camp. His hair was short and uneven, clearly not taken care of by a professional in quite some time. He was a long way from home, and on nights like this he couldn't help but ponder things mortals can't understand.

"Aye well that be an easy one init?" A dwarf, more than a century older than the human man replied. "We're called home! I'll be welcomed by me kith an' kin in Dwarfhome!" As he finished he brought a fist up to beat his chest with. It was no salute or holy praise that any of the others might have been aware of, but to him in that moment, it felt right.

The young man nodded to the dwarf as appreciation for him accepting his plea for spiritual conversation, but he wasn't quite sure if that was the answer he was looking for.

"I understand your god quite well good dwarf, credited with the gift of creation, and I am glad to see you so confident. As I am sure the elves will be welcomed to the home of their god, and even the orc's their's. But pray tell me, what happens to US when WE die?!" He pleaded with the dwarf, pointing to himself and other humans within range of the fire's light to ensure the dwarf understood what he meant.

In the realm they called home, all races were favored by a god or godess of their own. All but Humans. The Dwarves were favored by the god of creation, Moradin. The Elves favored by the god of magic, Corellon. Even Orcs were the favored of Grumish, god of wrath.

The dwarf brought his hand up to his chin and griped his long black beard with his thick fingers and pulled down it's length to his stomach, and repeated the action again, then again as he thought of what to tell the young human before he shook his head slowly. "Boy, I don't think I've got the answer ye' be seekin. But that be a frightful thing to be ponderin right now." The dwarf proceeded to reach into his pack he had resting behind the stump on which he sat and retrieved a flask he had stored there. He raised it up into the light so that the young man could see it before tossing it over to him. "I'm fer thinkin' ye'd be better off forgetin' those thoughts. Drink up."

How many other times have other humans felt that exact same way. Why were they overlooked by the divine? What happened to their eternal rest? What happens to them, when They die?

Set in a fantasy realm, the story begins with a small group of characters who have been pulled together by a quick opportunity to make a little coin. A quick job and then everyone goes their own way. Only things rarely go so simply, and the characters will find themselves thrust into a plot to resurrect a demigod, and possibly much darker things.

I don't want to give too much away at this time, but the story was written as the base for a Dungeons and Dragons campaign. I'm trimming it down, far less combat driven and much more character driven. Posts will not come quickly, but the quality of each will be of the best you've read. Characters will be human teir. What I mean by this is that none will be over powered, my main villian is not even god teir, nor will any player character be.

Let me know if this interests you at all.

AeronGrey

Re: [Req] Fated

Post by AeronGrey » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:10 am

I am interested. What races and classes will be allowed?

Lev

Post by Lev » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:40 pm

You know I'm in ;)

Let me know what you want me to post; character sheet or writing sample

OMGWTFBBQ

Post by OMGWTFBBQ » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:08 pm

Unlike my DnD game you won't be forced to label yourself as a class, I just need a description of what training your character has had. While I'm on the subject, your character should not have unearthly abilities, they are adventurers not super heroes. My main villain could at most be a DEMI-god, so your character should not be godly by any means.

As far as race goes, I'm leaning more toward human, but if you have an idea for something else, by all means try to sell it.

Chaos

Post by Chaos » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:26 pm

Count me in.

Would a half-orc sellsword be alright?

OMGWTFBBQ

Post by OMGWTFBBQ » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:56 pm

I could maybe be convinced. The character sheet thread is up, lemme see what ya got.

SixxSage

Post by SixxSage » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:50 pm

I'll take a gander.