Mass Effect: From the Ashes [REQ]

With a suggested standard of two paragraphs or more and dedicated lore threads, this is for the more verbose roleplayer. (10+ sentences per post, on average.)
goblinclock

Re: Mass Effect: From the Ashes [REQ]

Post by goblinclock » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:37 pm

Not convinced hmm? Fine fine :p I have formatted my post now it just needs actual words and shit. X) I will do the slow burn start, but it means we gotta get into it with some batarian pirates first thing :p

goblinclock

Post by goblinclock » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:47 am

@BattleCore @Argonaut24 First post is a go!

BattleCore

Post by BattleCore » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:12 pm

So now you've got a newly-promoted N7 who's about to be assigned a mission by the Council. At this rate let's hope we don't face off another rogue Spectre

BattleCore

Post by BattleCore » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:42 pm

Also I like how our characters have already shot at each other before meeting formally.

goblinclock

Post by goblinclock » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:49 pm

I thought it was a gift you had given me. I read your backstory and I just knew it had to be Tanis that shot him. X) What good conflict for them to get over! Hey I hadn't considered any rogue specters but you know what. Maybe :D

BattleCore

Post by BattleCore » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:53 pm

Hehehe it was. I saw that your character was an Infiltrator and I was like "Hmmm." I was thinking that maybe Tanis would realize first that Alexander was the one she shot, and then Alexander would piece it together during their first mission after observing Tanis. He'd be like "Nice shot-Heeey wait a minute!"

Argonaut24
Bronze

Post by Argonaut24 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:04 pm

It's taking me so long to make characters

goblinclock

Post by goblinclock » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:10 pm

@BattleCore Yeah? That could definitely work. :D So far she hasn't realized it. But maybe after finding out what wound got him hospitalized. Also post is up. I wasnt super sure how to handle this part tbh so like its not perfect but. Hopfully passable.

@Argonaut24 No worries, I left the door open, the counsel noted that the rest of the team hadn't arrived yet. So when your ready you can just meet up with us, already having been told whats up by whoever is relevant to your character.

Argonaut24
Bronze

Post by Argonaut24 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:19 pm

@goblinclock this what I have so far

NAME: Emile Carter

RACE: Human

HAIR: Black

EYES: Blue

HEIGHT: 6ft 2in

CLASS: Soldier

POWERS:
◢◣: Heightened Adrenaline Rush

◢◣: Incendiary Ammo

◢◣: Incinerate

◢◣: Concussive Blast

SKILLS / TALENTS:
◢◣: CQC Combat includes, martial arts, any melee weapons, pistols, and shotguns.

◢◣: Acrobatics/Athletics, Emile can free run and cross any distance/terrain faster than most any other being.

WEAPONS:
◥◤: Shotgun

◥◤: Image

◥◤: grenades, a couple of smoke grenades, throwing knives, kukri, combat knife/bayonet

ARMOR:
◥◤: Image

OTHER GEAR:
◥◤: Omni-tool, grappling hook

RELATION STATUS:
◥◤: Married

HISTORY / ORIGIN:
◥◤: Emile Carter, a father, a husband, wasn't always a man of crime. He fought in underground fight rings at night and at day he worked in a shipyard building ships for C-Sec and anyone rich enough to buy a ship. Once he had gotten married to a beautiful woman and had an amazing daughter, life was great for a couple years until Emile's daughter got sick. She was treated and recovered but the amount of bills and debt racked up put Emile and his family out of their house. He frankly wasn't making much money, until his luck changed. During an underground fight, he knocked out a guy in under 11 seconds in an impressive display of kicks and punches. To Emile's fortune, a member of the Blue Suns was at the fights and was very impressed with the display.

Before long, Emile was a member of the Blue Suns where another new guy by the name of Grudtar Dur, a krogan, had recently joined the mercenary group as well. The two hit it off quite well. They made quite a pair on several missions. They were the go tos where killing was involved. Through the mercenary work, Emile was able to pay his debts and bills and keep his wife and daughter feed. He eventually earned enough to put them back in a house. The only downside was he'd be gone for months at a time, missing his daughter grow up. He thought this was all over when his and Grudtar's last mission went sour. They were hired to protect a Salarian scienctist that was transporting money, obviously dirty money, to his lab to help fund more research. Eventually, a small salarian police detachment attacked the two mercenaries and caused Grudtar to go into an almost manic state. He killed several officers and several scientists in the lab. And also, he destroyed the lab with his signature weapons all because, by what he says, protected the secrecy of the mission. All the while, Emile was doing his best to fend off the police force. Eventually the two were arrested and sent to maximum security at C-SEC, thinking their crimes should be tried on a galatic level due to their attachment to mercenary group.

PSYCHOLOGICAL PROFILE / REPUTATION:
◥◤: Emile is known to be ruthless in combat. Often he is overly brutal and efficient in killing his enemies. Emile can seem hard and cold to new people but lightens up a little once the ice is broken. What many don't know is that he is very caring in his personal life. He loves his wife and daughter.

CRIMINAL HISTORY :
◥◤: Just a casual 25 counts of murder and 14 counts grand larceny. This was just what could be proven in a court of law. His run with the Blue Suns found him committing a variety of crimes across the Galaxy.

CHARACTER THEME:
◥◤: War of Change by Thousand Foot Krutch

When in tandem with Grudtar
Bad Boys by Inner Circle
Last edited by Argonaut24 on Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:36 am, edited 4 times in total.

Argonaut24
Bronze

Post by Argonaut24 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:20 pm

@goblinclock and here's our juggernaut

NAME: Grudtar Wrex
RACE: Krogan

HAIR: Dark Grey Plate on his head.

EYES: Hazel

HEIGHT: 7ft 10in

CLASS: Soldier

POWERS:
◢◣: Hardened Adrenaline Rush

◢◣: Power Armor

◢◣: Disrupter Ammo

◢◣: Incendiary Ammo

SKILLS / TALENTS:
◢◣: Biological Tank- can break through most walls, doors, can rip some other biologicals apart

◢◣: Heavy Weapons skill, is extremely deadly with heavy weapons

WEAPONS:
◥◤:Image
Minigun

◥◤: Rocket launcher, either high explosive rockets or armor piercing.

◥◤: War hammer for when things get close.

ARMOR:
◥◤: Armor can deflect some, small caliber bullets. Provides protection from elements his body isn't already resistant to.

OTHER GEAR:
◥◤: Omni-tool, breach charges, remote c4, grenades, claymores

RELATION STATUS:
◥◤: Single

HISTORY / ORIGIN:
◥◤: Grudtar lived like most other Krogan, working as a glorified security guard. One night, at Grudtar's place of work, an overly drunk Batarian said some nasty words. And Grudtar lost his cool, picking the Batarian, which he was a smaller Batarian, up over his head and ripped the Batarian apart. Grudtar's bout of rage cost him his job. Luckily, a Blue Sun recruiter saw the whole interaction, he was impressed by Grudtar's 7ft 10in, 800 pound body and his immensive strength.

Before long, Grudtar was a member of the Blue Suns where another new guy by the name of Emile Carter, a human, that had recently joined the mercenary group as well. The two hit it off quite well. They made quite a pair on several missions. They were the go tos where killing was involved. Through the mercenary work, Grudtar was able to satiate his need for combat and earn a decent amount of coin too. He thought this was all over when his and Emile's last mission went sour. They were hired to protect a Salarian scientist that was transporting money, obviously dirty money, to his lab to help fund more research. Eventually, a Salarian police detachment attacked the two mercenaries and caused Grudtar to go into an almost manic state. He killed several officers and several scientists in the lab. And also, he destroyed the lab with his signature weapons. Grudtar destroyed the lab because he thought it would help keep the Salarians from creating more genophage like diseases, because this was clearly a dirty lab and probably not government supported. All the while, Emile was doing his best to fend off the police force. Eventually the two were arrested and sent to maximum security at C-SEC, thinking their crimes should be tried on a galatic level due to their attachment to a mercenary group.

PSYCHOLOGICAL PROFILE / REPUTATION:
◥◤: Grudtar is a simple Krogan, he's large, he knows he's large, so, why wouldn't he destroy things and run haphazardly into fights.

CRIMINAL HISTORY :
◥◤: 50 counts of homicide, arson, and 3 counts terroristic actions

CHARACTER THEME:
◥◤:
Bezerk by Eminem

When in tandem with Emile:
Bad Boys by Inner Circle
Last edited by Argonaut24 on Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:36 am, edited 5 times in total.