[One] The Nerd Can Sing

With a suggested standard of two paragraphs or more and dedicated lore threads, this is for the more verbose roleplayer. (10+ sentences per post, on average.)
Light-Witch

[One] The Nerd Can Sing

Post by Light-Witch » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:37 pm

I did an rp before the wipe similar to this, but I decided to change it up for this.

CS thread

Everybody has a life that they live away from everybody else, a life that if it were revealed to the wrong people, it would destroy the person. For Dakota Wagner, she was the girl who was always bullied since she was a child. Nobody cared for her besides her parents, especially her mom. Yet her mom taught her how to sing, and it developed into a voice that gained her popularity on ITube. Her voice not only pulled the viewers in, but it was also her moniker on ITube: Siren. She used to post videos every day, until a tragedy struck in her family. It caused her father to turn from indifferent towards her to abusive, and the bullying has become worse since that day. Kota has nobody to turn to, until she meets another famous voice on ITube that moves to town called (insert moniker here), but nobody realizes that because they go by their real name, (insert name here), and they're still in high school.

Siren was known for her voice as well as her mask that she wears when showing her face. It wasn't covering her whole face, but it did help to hide her identity at the same time. She never let people close, and those that knew her from ITube never learned her real name. With the appearance of (insert name here) so soon after the tragedy, she was inspired to make videos more often, but only when her father was either working or passed out. Kota knows something is up with the new kid, but how can she get close to someone when the only person she was close to is no longer with her? The closer these two get, the more afraid Siren/Dakota gets of losing them. So when their skeletons as well as their alternate lives are revealed, will it be enough to save the Nerd from the path she's on before she does something extreme?

Okay, I know this sounds similar to The Nerd Can Fight that I did before, but I changed it up. Yet this can go one of two ways:
  • Partnership Route: Dakota and (insert name here) end up collaborating on ITube under their monikers, and because their fan-bases overlap in many ways, both end up earning more fans. The two of them will become close friends, and it will be harder for Kota to get away from her father once the two of them can afford to move away from the town they live in.
  • Relationship Route: As it turns out, the fan-bases actually want the two of them to get together, and both of them managed to develop feelings for each other before they knew the other's moniker. The only issue is that Dakota's father will find out about not only about their relationship, but about her double life as Siren and try to delete the channel. It will be hard to talk to her outside of school since the abuse will get worse, but this also means that Kota will develop the courage to fight back both at home and at school. The two of them may choose to collaborate as well, but it won't become a common thing like it would in the Partnership Route due to not wanting to have their feelings get in the way of work.

I will take two people at most to do this, and as soon as someone's interested, the CS thread will be posted. I am also open to suggestions for this, so if you have an idea you'd like to try during this, I'm open to hear it.
Last edited by Light-Witch on Sat May 06, 2017 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It's only a nightmare, and soon we'll be set free." - NateWantsToBattle

Crazy insane

Re: [One] The Nerd Can Sing

Post by Crazy insane » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:44 pm

What if, due to Dakota's rapid increase in popularity, other itubers feel threatened. Prompting one already popular ituber to try his hardest to bring down Dakota's channel by using his fanbase to spread nasty lies and rumors. Of course, he gets stopped by the two main characters eventually, but I think that this will help the story by having Dakota fight two battles. One in her real life and one on her digital Life. Possibly creating a driving force to finally bring together the main characters

Light-Witch

Post by Light-Witch » Sat May 06, 2017 2:23 am

I know I was on briefly when you posted this, but I hadn't had Internet for long before I had to get off due to moving to a place and having to get a new setup. As for your idea, it's definitely something I'd like to try, and it'll help when they realize who they are digitally to try to stop as well as repair the damage done by the other ITuber.

The CS will be set up soon, and I'll put the link to it in the first post before letting you know.

Light-Witch

Post by Light-Witch » Sat May 06, 2017 2:33 am

CS thread is up alongside my CS. OOC may or may not get posted tonight, but it'll be posted at some point this weekend.