[1x1] A Heretic's Anthem

With a suggested standard of two paragraphs or more and dedicated lore threads, this is for the more verbose roleplayer. (10+ sentences per post, on average.)
Balgair Arregaithel

[1x1] A Heretic's Anthem

Post by Balgair Arregaithel » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:58 pm

Dust and ash. An empty, dissolved world. Just another bookmarked part of Time, a fundamental progressive concept that allows for itself to occur, and everything else. Another mark in History, forgotten and devoid of the Ghost of What-Was. Forlorn by God.
That last thought almost made him laugh. There was no God. Religions, merely systems for coping with pitiful intelligence. With no way to understand these things, Man had constructed beliefs to do so. But men who studied, learned. Men who studied, discovered what was true. But no single man could fully comprehend the entire truth.

At least, most couldn't. The world held few inhabitants in its ash. A man, and starved vermin. This man had crouched to lift a weakened creature into his hands, a small gray lump. A young mouse, on the verge of death. From a black pack slung over his shoulder, he conjured bread and dried fruit. With some encouragement, the mouse nibbled. It struggled to eat more, but was invigorated by the strength flooding into its veins, the growing bulge of a filling stomach. It gave a squeak of gratitude, letting dusty fingers stroke its matted fur, pull barbs and clumps of dirt from it.

"Grateful, are you? See? Fear is merely a chain, one of many, constructed to hold you back. Overcome it, you are closer to full realization." The mouse seemed to understand his words, beady eyes locked onto his eyes, glowing a curious shade of yellow-green. Sharpened by the glow, perhaps.
"Imagine yourself in absolute darkness. A place where there is nothing, but you. Then visualize those chains holding you back, from an open door down the corridor." The mouse made a frightened squeak, covering its eyes with tiny paws. It trembled for a moment, before growing still. The only motion was its breathing, and the flick of its scaly tail. "Break those chains. Break them no matter how hard you must work, how long it must take. When you break them all, run for that door, before you are bound all the tighter. When you are free, you will realize truths for what they are." He laid the mouse back down, a few lumps of bread with it. And he walked, black boots gathering gray ash and soot as he wandered a forsaken world.
"A pitiful cry of the damned. Chèr...What do you think?"
~Writings of Darcy Witchmist

Balgair Arregaithel

Re: [1x1] A Heretic's Anthem

Post by Balgair Arregaithel » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:22 pm

God, I never got to this.

Well, I mean. Whatever OC template you got or whatever works. I don't really care, just, make it interesting. I'll throw shit up for this, I guess.
"A pitiful cry of the damned. Chèr...What do you think?"
~Writings of Darcy Witchmist