[REQ] Vampire Knight: Smoke and Mirrors

With a suggested standard of two paragraphs or more and dedicated lore threads, this is for the more verbose roleplayer. (10+ sentences per post, on average.)
spacesgoats

Post by spacesgoats » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:39 am

When God first made Adam, he created Lilith. She was the first woman, a woman made from the same dirt as Adam. When Lilith refused to serve Adam, she was cast from the Garden of Eden and cursed. She became the first vampire. In a fit of rage, Lilith consumed all life she could and turned many humans into blood-thirsty monsters. In an effort to stop the killings, Adam and Eve created the first life in history that would banish Lilith from the earth, saving it from destruction. What they had not encountered was that the life they created would also be cursed. 

Because Lilith was the first of her kind, there was the possibility that she would not be able to be killed by common weaponry. The first life made the decision to end both of their lives…permanently. The first life sealed Lilith inside of his body, forcing him to petrify. This act of sacrifice paused the vampires from further spreading their ‘disease’ as they had called it. The remaining vampires chose to hide themselves, force their bodies into an eternal slumber. With the threat of the world gone, humans began to cultivate a world of peace.

But peace only lasts for so long.

A few thousand years ago, vampires resurfaced from the world. With their return came a terrible hunger. For years they fed off of humans, remaining hidden from the eyes of the world as they tore it apart. In 1348, they were the cause of the ‘black death’ in Europe, however; in 1350, they were stopped. Humans became aware of their existence and began to form packs of hunters: people who would kill vampires to protect the humans. With their numbers dwindling down, vampires were forced to replenish their ranks, however; the only problem was that they could not create another vampire without being a pure-blood. A vampire born from Lilith herself. Most of the vampires created were only creations.

They went to their ancestors and begged to have order restored. That was when it happened. A vampire became sympathetic to the plight of the humans and in doing so, gave their life in order to create powerful weapons capable of destroying the vampire race. Because this vampire was a pure-blood, humans would have an even greater advantage over the vampires.

And for years the war ravaged the land.

It wasn’t until a truce was formed that the world settled down. In 1908, a pure-blood vampire sat with a hunter, drawing up a contract in blood. Vampires would no longer feed off of humans and humans would no longer hunt vampires. The only exception to this rule was to allow the feeding of humans on the death sentence. Vampires, satisfied with being able to still drink blood agreed. After all, plenty of humans committed crimes against each other and the sentence of death was always the price to pay. By the time 1963 arrived, humans had created a way for the vampires to feed without the need to feed on a human. It was an artificial process that was put into a single tablet. A pill of sorts that could be dissolved in a glass of water. 

In order to ensure its success, the humans and vampires created a school where the humans would entrust the lives of their children co-existing with vampires. Of course, the children would not know of their vampire counterparts nor would their families. The only thing they would know was that their classes were split into two. The Day Class and the Night Class. Only a handful of students would know of the Night Classes true identities. They would be tasked with the duty to guard the school grounds to make sure the Night Class stayed separate from the Day Class. This was a peace that was forced into being, and for fifty years…peace existed.

The year is now 2013. A new school year is beginning, and students are returning to Cross Academy. Some new, some old. All is at peace and things seemed to have stayed the same. There is, however, one problem. After fifty years of feeding off of a tablet, vampires are becoming restless. Attacks in the streets about murders have people worried and frightened. Vampires are not to be known to exist, and with the recent attacks, it is becoming hard to conceal their identity. There are a group of vampires, renegades mixed with pure-bloods and regular vampires. These vampires want the world to go back to the way it was, when humans feared vampires. 

They want the return of Lilith.

They have found a way to revive their mother, and in doing so ensuring the destruction of humankind. Of course saving the world isn’t as easy as it seems. With school becoming more dangerous, the Guardians are left with little choice but to form a truce with the vampires. In exchange for their blood, the vampires have agreed to ‘defend’ the day class from the rogue vampires, however; a few day class students have stumbled upon the secret world of vampires and hunters. Can the guardians and vampires form a permanent truce to defeat the threat, or will Lilith be reborn and the world destroyed?

Characters Open

Vampire Students
• Analysin @Xylo

Human Students
• Reserved
• Reserved

мγ мємοяιєѕ ιи мγ ροϲκєτ
Last edited by spacesgoats on Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:39 am, edited 3 times in total.

spacesgoats

Re: [REQ] Vampire Knight: Smoke and Mirrors

Post by spacesgoats » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:41 am

Information

This role-play takes elements (mainly vampires) from Vampire Knight. All and any credit goes to Matsuri Hino for creation and plot.

Vampires: Vampires are not your traditional vampires, nor are they twilight vampires. These vampires are immune to the sunlight, however; they can only stand it for so long unless they are a pure-blood. They do not burst but merely fade to ash when they die. Vampires are not vegetarians, meaning they do not feed off of animals. Animal blood is extremely toxic to vampires and should a vampire be desperate enough to drink from an animal, they will die in a matter of hours. There are two different types of vampires. Each one is categorized in a different field.

Pure-bloods: Pure-blooded vampires are vampires born to vampiric parents and do not have an ounce of human blood tarnishing their heritage. They are very rare and considered an endangered breed. Their blood is considered a delicacy and only feed off of each other, or their mates which are usually a sibling or another family member. There are exceptions to this rule such as if they find a particularly enticing blood. A pure-blood will also have certain abilities that they alone can perform, such as creating ice at will, telepathy, abilities like those. The ability passes on to their children. They alone possess the ability to turn humans into vampires. They are immortal in a sense as they do not die. They can be killed, but it requires a great deal of effort. They can tolerate sunlight indefinitely. It does not affect them like Noble and Mad Vampires. 

Noble Vampires: Noble vampires are vampires that were either turned by a pure-blood or their blood was tainted with human blood somewhere down the line. Their blood is considered average and not often sought after unless by Mad vampires. They tend to feed upon their mates and occasionally snack on a human or two. Noble Vampires tend to marry within their own family to keep the human blood from growing any stronger within their bloodline and will often times try to marry into a pure-blood family. Although it is very rare that a pure-blood will take on a Noble as a potential mate. They retain a limited amount of abilities and are not quite as strong as a pure-blood's ability. They are immortal like pure-bloods, but can die a lot easier from special weapons. They can tolerate sunlight but it irritates their skin should they be exposed to it for x-amount of time. 

Mad Vampires: The lowest of low: Mad vampires are vampires that were once human and were bitten by a pure-blood. Without drinking from the pure-blood that bit them, these vampires are driven insane with blood-lust and attack any and all creatures, resulting in an excruciating death should they ingest animal blood. There are not a lot of Mad Vampires in the world as they do tend to feed off of animals more so than humans and are not a threat to the Vampire/human world. They cannot tolerate sunlight...at all...and should they be exposed to it, they will combust and turn to ash. Their blood is highly toxic and will cause any vampire, pure or not, to go into a shock and die.

Prefects: Guardians are direct descendants of the first hunters and are either hunters themselves. They come from a long line of hunters and have dedicated most of their lives in protecting their legacy. They are also the guardians at the Cross Academy, keeping Vampires in check and the Day Class from discovering the secrets of the Night Class.

мγ мємοяιєѕ ιи мγ ροϲκєτ

spacesgoats

Post by spacesgoats » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:44 am

Rules

• First Rule: Read the rules | Simple rule. Read them. Rules are there to let you know what a GM is expecting of you and what they want from you. I am not expecting much from anyone however; I do expect these rules to be READ and followed. If my rules are not followed, I will not hesitate to remove you…permanently from the role-play.

• Second Rule: Commitment | While I do not expect you to post every single day, I at least expect a post twice a week. I understand life comes first, trust me. Should for any reason you find yourself unable to post, notify me so that we can move around your character should we need to. If you can no longer be a part of this role-play, notify me so I can either scratch your role or find someone else to fill it.

• Third Rule: Literacy | I am not asking for a lot for this rule. If you cannot make a proper sentence, please do not join this role-play. While I do not expect you to be an advanced literate role-player, I would expect you to know how to use spell-check and have basic grammar skills. Should you have problems, ask for help. There will always be someone willing to help you. This role-play is meant for you to grow as a role-player and hopefully expand your writing skills as well.

• Fourth Rule: Characters | Characters are to be based off of their character sheet. A character sheet is there to give the GM a heads up of what to expect from a potential role-play partner. Do refrain from making a mary-sue/gary-stu character. I had this problem in a previous role-play, not on this site, and it became quite a problem. Feel free to get creative with your character when it comes to the skills and abilities section of your character sheet. Also, character images are to be made with anime, realistic, or semi-realistic images. I do not want an image of living person.

• Fifth Rule: Reservations | I am allowing the use of reservations, however; this is not a first come first serve role-play. Should someone else desire the role you are vying for, they will have the opportunity to reserve it as well. A maximum of two people per role may reserve it. Also, reservations will last for 24 hours only. Should you need more time, let me know and I will extend it an extra 24 hours. Also, when placing reservations, use the thread provided. Also, when reserving a character, please let me know the gender of your character. There are three spots left for female characters and four male character spots. The roles are color coded so that you know which role is what gender.

Warnings consist of adult language, mild violence, gore, and explicit themes. It is to remain within RPG’s guidelines.

Character Sheet

Name

Age: [17-18][Vampires can be any age but must appear 17-18 years old]

Race: [Human or Vampire]

Role: [Part of the Night Class or Guardian?][If Vampire, pureblood or regular?]

Hair Color:

Eye Color:

Skin Tone:

Height:

Weight:

Physical Description: [Full Description here]

Potential Interest: [Who is your character interested in? Optional]

Skills and Abilities:

Other:

Personality: 

History:

Appearance

мγ мємοяιєѕ ιи мγ ροϲκєτ

spacesgoats

Post by spacesgoats » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:27 pm

bumps

мγ мємοяιєѕ ιи мγ ροϲκєτ

spacesgoats

Post by spacesgoats » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:54 pm

bumps

мγ мємοяιєѕ ιи мγ ροϲκєτ

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:42 pm

If you can get this one off the ground, I'm game. I'd prefer a female human character.

Name: Lily

Race: Human

Role: Ideally, start out as "just some girl" and become a Guardian

Hair Color: Blonde

Eye Color: Blue

Skin Tone: fair, nearly fair enough to seem like a vampire herself

Height: 5'4"

Weight: 103

Physical Description: Small and slight, Lily looks like a strong enough wind could probably blow her away entirely.

Potential Interest: Depends who the other characters are

Skills and Abilities: Art, drawing, painting. Lily is always sketching something, whether in a notebook or on an easel or on the sidewalk with chalk. She doesn't like using digital media to make her art, saying that the feel of the paints or the pencil is more important than the finished product.

Other:

Personality: Lily is both shy and extroverted - she's always happy to go up to people to talk, but often doesn't know what to say once she's done it. As such, she often comes across as a little odd. She likes people, and is a terrible judge of character - meaning she pretty much likes everyone, even the people she probably shouldn't.

History:

Appearance
I'll finish the CS once there are enough people interested, just going to work on it slowly as I have time in the interrim.

Xylohem
Intermediate Mod

Post by Xylohem » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:45 am

Quick question, do the characters we make HAVE to be similar, or exact matches to the ones in the anime?

spacesgoats

Post by spacesgoats » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:47 am

@illirica thanks for the interest!

@Xylohem it doesn't have to at all! it can literally be your own, ya know? be creative :)

мγ мємοяιєѕ ιи мγ ροϲκєτ

Xylohem
Intermediate Mod

Post by Xylohem » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:48 am

Wicked! I'll start working on a CS. I enjoyed this anime so this will be fun. Thank you!

spacesgoats

Post by spacesgoats » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:49 am

Great! I'm so excited! I'm hoping this takes off!

мγ мємοяιєѕ ιи мγ ροϲκєτ