[REQ] Saint Ulysses

With a suggested standard of two paragraphs or more and dedicated lore threads, this is for the more verbose roleplayer. (10+ sentences per post, on average.)
cigarettebreak

[REQ] Saint Ulysses

Post by cigarettebreak » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:40 pm

Saint Ulysses

Today, the rain ceased falling, as it faded away into the gray overcast that engulfed the sky above Saint Ulysses. From the mountains that tower over the town, a faint weeping could be heard. It grew in its amplification, into a low shriek of sorrow, then a roar of genuine pain. Standing parallel to the eternal willow tree that stood in the town's center, is a thin man. He is hunched over, head down. Hues of red and blue flash in tempo in the background, the gaze of weary citizens watching, the thin strip of yellow tape that keep them out. From the crowd emerges a stout, obese man. He rushes to the sight, barely lifting the yellow tape above his head. His heart dropped, to his horror, he witnesses what caused the commotion. He stands beside the thin man, a welcoming hand he places on the thin man's back, "Oscar, I-" he choked on his words. Mayor Oscar stares beyond the scene, into his memories. "You needn't say a word, Winston," Oscar says to his assistant. There were no words to say. Pinned against the dark timber in the most gruesome fashion, was Oscar's daughter. She was almost beyond recognizable. Stripped bare, symbols etched into her skin, a crown of thorns forced upon her head, her heart missing from her chest, she was displayed like art in a gallery filled with familiar faces. Two years before on this exact day, Oscar's wife succumbed to her illnesses. One year before on this exact day, Oscar's son perished in a motor accident. And today, Mayor Oscar lost the only family he had left. The townsfolk say he's cursed, but that did not matter to him. Redemption he sought, a fire of revenge that burned inside. Nothing more mattered to him than to find what took his little girl's life. He and Winston turn their backs.

His fingertips were tucked under his chin, his arm holding his head steady, he gazes out the window at the raindrops racing down the glass. To his side, a bell is struck, Order up yells the chef, a waitress follows the vocal queue and promptly delivers the hot plate to booth one. “Here you are Jude,” the waitress says. “Starin’ out the window again?” she asks. Jude turns his head and nods, “Today is the, correct me if I’m wrong, forty-fifth day?” The waitress lets out a chuckle, “You’re right on the money there. Forty five days of this god damn rain. You think mother nature has a grudge with our town?” Jude nods again, “She must have a serious one.” A gust of wind is heard outside, followed by a loud grunt and curse. The door is pushed open, a sodden fisherman wet through his undergarments enters in and grunts once more, “Damn this rain!” The waitress averts her attention toward him, “Welcome to Maricel’s, booth or table?”

Maricel’s diner sat where the port of Saint Ulysses ended. It was somewhat of a local icon, with it’s large tinted windows, and crooked red sign. Many regulars come in and out the doors, ordering chef specials or bowls of chicken noodle. It was the go to place after a night of hard drinking, or brunch with parents, or business meetings with the occasional under the table drug deal. Today, the only ones present in it’s walls are the waitresses and cooks, and the early morning birds like Jude who come for breakfast. It fell silent. The rain ceased its onslaught, a spectacle that even the cooks in back left the food to burn to see the rain stop. All at the same time, five phones ding with a notification. A picture of a thorn, sent to a journalist (Jude), a photographer, a cop, a waitress, and a drug dealer. All present in Maricel's.

SAINT ULYSSES:

A fisherman's town, that existed long ago, though no one knows when. Located deep in the forests of Washington State. Fairly large, and quite dense.
IN SEARCH OF 4 PEOPLE TO PLAY THE ROLES STATED ABOVE

TEMPLATE:

N A M E:

A G E:

S E X:

R O L E D E S I R E D: (Photographer, Cop, Waitress, Drug Dealer)

P E R S O N A L I T Y:

A P P E A R A N C E:

B A C K S T O R Y:

Nyx

Re: [Req] Saint Ulysses

Post by Nyx » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:07 pm

Wow, I like this. It sounds really interesting. Was there anything you had in mind when it came to the four roles you're recruiting for?
The greatest ghost there ever was...

cigarettebreak

Post by cigarettebreak » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:21 pm

The main basis of this RP would be 5 people, with no common interests, or careers, or anything, coming together to unravel a deep evil in Ulysses. Not to give away too much, but somehow each of them are connected in some way. As for the roles, it is free to the imagination whatever you come with. I'd say the only guideline would be to keep it as realistic as possible.

and thank you! Hopefully this gets enough buzz.

Nyx

Post by Nyx » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:51 pm

Sweet, sounds good. I was thinking about filling the photographer role, but I'd have some research to do.

I hope it gets buzz too, though! You're a very good writer.

Ghostly

Post by Ghostly » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:11 am

I like the Bright Falls/Night Vale small town feel. I would definitely like to sign up, but I'd like to ask if waitress is for female characters only.

The only me is me. Are you sure the only you is you?

cigarettebreak

Post by cigarettebreak » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:29 pm

Ah, gender doesn't matter. I should've added (waiter) to it lol.

Nyx

Re: [REQ] Saint Ulysses

Post by Nyx » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:34 pm

I hope this doesn't fall between the cracks. ):

cigarettebreak

Post by cigarettebreak » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:46 pm

I know right, not enough people are interested in it I guess.

Nyx

Post by Nyx » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

To be fair, it's probably just because it's in advanced. It's like people see the minimum requirement and they think of five to six sentence paragraphs as an insurmountable obstacle or something.

QuiteContrary

Post by QuiteContrary » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:28 pm

I would love to take a hand at the drug dealer role, if there are no objections?
America is not a planet - Marco Rubio