Redwood [Reserved Icy]

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, Admin

DreamsandReality

Re: Redwood [Reserved Icy]

Post by DreamsandReality » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:34 pm

Crypt looked after Pyra for a moment before she disappeared from view, he chuckled quietly and looked out the window. The most stubborn person I've ever met... he thought, but a soft smile lined his lips. For some time he simply peered out the window, watching silently as people wandered about. His gaze shifted towards the waitress that arrived at their table with the drinks, it took but only a split second before he realized who it was. He smiled in greeting, honestly surprised to see her over here. "Hey, Emily." he greeted before he laughed softly. "Trust me, I'm surprised by it as well. Believe it or not, Orion isn't involved with this...this time." he grinned. Both of them, well anyone who really knew Orion, was aware of his habits of getting people to make friends. He was always setting up events, dates, parties, anything he could to help the townspeople out. There was a few times where Crypt accused him of being a match maker which Orion always swiftly dismissed. Crypt enjoyed teasing him every now and then but ultimately it was a bit strange for him to branch out himself and make connections with people. Orion would be proud... he thought. He turned his attention towards Emily again and nodded "Don't mind at all...thank you." he replied lightly. He curled his fingers around the warm mug and drew the coffee closer to him.

(XD)

Krane laughed and nodded "That's right, as white as snow." he replied with a small smile, she was undeniably adorable. However, her hair wasn't always white. As expected if she got anything in her hair it usually stained and took a bit to get out. Krane could recall one time where he had cut a bit of her white hair that was stained with grape juice. Of course, he hadn't been angry so much as thoroughly amused. "Ah, we all need food don't we?" he smiled feeling his own stomach grumble. Fortunately they had breakfast in the house but he had been so tired last night that eating dinner had escaped his mind. Even so, that didn't happen often with him. Orion, surprisingly, was more likely to forget eating. Krane paused to look at Violet, holding her gaze as he smiled brightly. "Yes, you've been a good girl Violet. Orion and I are so proud of you." he said gently but very seriously. He knew how important it was to her to hear such words. Both Krane and Orion had spent a long time discussing this situation, that Violet would need a lot of positive reinforcement and compliments. They wanted Violet to learn right from wrong obviously, but it went deeper than that. They wanted her to be proud of herself, to grow up without always worrying about what others thought of her.

(Is that even possible?! XD)

Icy

Post by Icy » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:51 pm

Emily smiled lightly, crossing her arms loosely in front of her. "Eh, maybe that's not a bad thing considering the last few girls he tried putting you with didn't work out so well." She giggled quietly. If she was remembering correctly one had even dumped some sort of drink on him because he wasn't giving them what they wanted. That could've been someone else though. He was kind, but a bit closed off. It seemed like it would take a special kind of person to get him to fully relax and open up, part of her was hoping this girl was it. She seemed nice, not to mention pretty, and he deserved a suitable companion even if it was just friends. Emily didn't know her personally, but she saw her come in here a lot and she never caused trouble. To be honest she seemed just as closed off as Crypt did so just maybe she could relate to him. "...I had a small feeling you wouldn't object to fresh pie, although I'm surprised you went with something new." Crypt was a guy who went with what he knew, he didn't derail very often so this was unusual. Nice, but unusual. Maybe he was sick.

Violet nodded, her hair did look like the snow. If she laid down in it she would probably look bald because all the snow would mask it. Her eyes went to Krane as he asked a question about food, but she couldn't reply as she soon heard the growl frim his stomach. "Your tummy talk!" She gigged, holding her hands to her mouth. Her tummy did the same thing sometimes when she was really hungry, she knew they weren't actually talking but she liked using her imagination. Sometimes she came up with little bits of conversation, things she believed stomachs would say, it did keep her occupied for hours at a time. Occasionally. A lot of things kept her occupied to be perfectly honest, she was an easily amused child but it wasn't a bad thing. She looked at Krane again when he spoke, answering her question about he being a good girl. It made her happy to hear that she was one, and that he and Orion were proud of her. That made her feel really good to hear it, her bright smile returning to her face as she clapped happily. "Yay! I good girl!"

[I don't know! I feel like we've had this conversation before somewhere. XD]

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:48 pm

Crypt grimaced but a grin still split his lips, drumming his fingers lightly against the mug. "Yeah...needless to say I think Orion learned his lesson and I think all the girls hate me now so..." he didn't seem upset by it either. It was him that had rejected the girls in the first place, all of them were too...simple. To much like all the others. Not to mention they expected him to be open, friendly, warm, caring, gosh knows what else. He chuckled quietly at the thought and peered at the dark liquid swirling inside the cup. Orion had tried his best and Crypt was grateful of course, it just didn't work out. Pyra was different than the ones Orion paired him with though, far different than all of them and perhaps that was one of the many reasons he enjoyed her company. He peered back up at Emily when she spoke again and shrugged. "Yeah, something new...you can thank her for that." he replied gesturing towards the empty chair where Pyra had sat. "Her and her fancy words, convinced me enough." he shrugged with a small smile.

Krane paused to pat his stomach lightly "It seems to be a noisy talker this morning." he agreed with a small grin. There was certainly no questioning that he was hungry and he was certain Violet was probably hungry as well. He would make breakfast soon enough though, to appease their very bossy tummies. He finished up brushing her hair and dried it a little more before he began cleaning up the bathroom a bit. Putting things away, closing the shower curtain, etc. He paused in front of Violet and offered his hand "All ready then?" he asked, mentally running through the list of things he had to do. Checking off the ones he completed. Surprisingly, he could be quite organized. He laughed softly as a bright smile lit up her face, clapping excitedly. "Indeed you are..." he said softly. It always made him smile to see her so happy like this.

(I'm sure we've had this exact conversation hundreds of times. xD)

Icy

Post by Icy » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:07 pm

Emily giggled softly, holding a hand to her lips. "Maybe but you never know with him..." Just like Crypt she knew Orion meant well. He wanted his friends to have somebody they could open up to and connect with. Crypt was a tough one though, he didn't just accept anyone which made her​ even more hopeful for this girl. "I can just imagine what he'll do if you tell him about her. If you haven't yet." Orion wouldn't go crazy, but he would be happy for him she was sure and would probably want to meet her. She could definitely see all the differences between the girls Orion picked and this girl, it made her curious but she wouldn't disrupt their time here. There was always later. "I'm in shock... This must be one special girl then." Emily muttered slowly, a hand to her chest. No one could sway Crypt's mind when he was set on something so to hear that this girl managed to was...a big deal. It was a lot to take in, but overall she was glad he at least seemed to be getting close to someone.

Violet nodded. His stomach was pretty noisy today, but it was all okay. Her stomach got talkative too sometimes, it was natural. She didn't hear hers talking now, but she did feel a bit hungry. Even if she wasn't she would have to eat something to take all her medicine, her doctor said that it wasn't good to take it on an empty stomach. That it could have some bad side effects if she didn't so she was good and made sure to eat both breakfast and dinner each day when she was meant to take it. There were different kinds for both times, but it was still important. "Yes ready! Time eat and medi...!" She took his hand, hopping around a little as she waited for them to go. The gift he mentioned was still in mind but due to her history she was a patient child. Many found it odd and surprising to see as most children aren't as patient, but they didn't have the experiences she had. "Good girl! Like Luna! Luna a good girl, but not Echo. He a boy." She giggled to herself, as if she just told some joke only she understood.

[Yeah we probably have...about all of our ships​. XD]

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:21 am

Crypt gazed at her and smiled a bit, offering a small shrug in return. He trailed his finger across the rim of the mug "That's true...Orion can be unpredictable at times." There were times where Orion's reactions and behaviors were predictable but then there were other times where it was nearly impossible to figure out what he was planning next. He snorted softly, still not sure if he should tell Orion for fear of giving him any sort of triumphant satisfaction. Then again, it wasn't like this was something he could keep from Orion either. "Not yet...I'm sure he'll be pleased to hear I'm not entirely anti-social." he grinned in amusement. Crypt didn't open up to people easily or socialize often, which was why he surprised himself with hanging out with Pyra. He didn't know much about her but what he did know he was able to tell she was different from all the others he's met. He enjoyed her company and speaking with her came so easily. He smirked slightly and shrugged as if it wasn't a big deal. "She's just very convincing..." he said as if to reassure himself that's what it was.

Krane took Violet's hand and walked with her to the living room, pausing to take a quick peek towards the couch. The gift was where he left it, it hadn't stirred even a little. He smiled faintly, relieved mostly because perhaps that meant Violet could eat and take medicine before he presented her with the gift. "To the kitchen! What do you want to eat?" he asked, leading her towards the kitchen. They had a little bit of everything, since Orion occasionally brought over some groceries despite Krane's protest. Krane knew Orion was raised to be charitable but sometimes he feared Orion didn't do enough for himself. He glanced out the glass back door to find Echo and Luna sleeping on the small patio. He turned his attention towards Violet again and laughed "That's right...like Luna."

(I have no doubts... XD)

Icy

Post by Icy » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:21 pm

Emily nodded in agreement, thinking of their friend. Orion was, in some ways, a mischievous one. He meant so well, but sometimes she wondered if he listened what they had to say. Perhaps one​ of these days she would go see how he was doing, the shop's been so busy as of late that she hasn't had much time to herself. Twas the reason​ she was training some people, her​ father had finally decided to hire a few helping hands. Business was always good, but she did like having a bit of time off to see her friends or simply to just catch up on her sleep every once in a blue moon. "I imagine so. He'll possibly want to throw a parade in your​ honor." She giggled, and she truly wouldn't put it past him. His parents probably wouldn't complain, they liked having any reason to throw one and make connections. This was a good reason to celebrate she guessed, considering who this was and all. "If you say so Crypt. I'm going to go take a look on that pie now and leave you be. Have fun." Emily waved as she turned and walked back towards the front, shaking her head in slight disbelief and wonder.

Violet walked after Krane, bumping into his leg a couple of times though that was okay. It was better his leg then say a wall or a cabinet where she could injure herself. A small injury maybe, but still an injury. When he exclaimed and asked her what she wanted to eat she paused, in her head, and thought about it. What was easy that wouldn't take too long to cook? When it came to breakfast pretty much everything was fast and easy, there were plenty of dishes that took some time but she wasn't starving and she didn't want to make Krane work too hard. Dinner was going to be a lot of work already. "Omelet? With spinach and...and cheese...?" She replied after a moment, looking up at him with a smile. Unlike a lot of kids she also loved her vegetables, they were yummy, but she did have to be in the mood for a lot of them. Spinach was an exception. It looked like little leaves so that made it fun to eat it, just like broccoli which looked like tiny trees. There were a few she absolutely hated of course, but at least she liked a lot of them. "Echo good too. Both good!" It was pretty easy to say she loved both dogs very much, they were her family too.

[Well adorable relationships is one of our 'curses.' XD]
Last edited by Icy on Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:20 am

Crypt pondered Orion for a moment, the faint traces of an amused smile lining his pale lips. Orion was certainly quite the character with his eerily wise ways, kind heart, proud determination, and a mischievous attitude. When Crypt had first met Orion he despised him for his upbeat and positive outlook, for his stubbornness and determination to help Crypt. Even when he did everything he could to push him away. In the end, Crypt was grateful Orion had never given up on him. He owed Orion more than he could ever give him for everything he's ever done for him. He lifted the mug to his lips and sipped the hot coffee, closing his eyes for a moment in contentment. He peered over at Emily again "I wouldn't put it past him..." he agreed with a small chuckle. Although it was no secret Crypt would never let that happen, being the center of attention was certainly not on his to-do list. Although many times Orion has said Crypt could do amazing things and help a lot of people if he just trusted a little more and opened up to people. "Alright...thank you." he said lightly, offering a tiny wave in return, watching her walk back towards the front.

When they arrived in the kitchen, Krane knelt down to lift Violet up and sit her on the counter by the sink. It was force of habit mostly, just the breakfast routine he supposed. "Mmm sounds delicious!" he replied, moving towards the cabinets. He reached up onto the very top shelf to grab down her medicine, setting it off to the side while he moved to gather the ingredients for the meal. If Krane wasn't so invested in animals there was a good chance he would've gone to school for culinary arts to work towards being a chef. He was by no means a master now, but he did know how to cook a fairly decent meal. However, animals took a special place in his heart and thus it was his destiny to help them and work with them in any way he could. Besides, he had a certain gift when it came to animals, particularly canines. Echo and Luna, the large Wolfdogs, were proof enough of that. He shuffled through the fridge before finding the spinach, eggs, and cheese. He chuckled "Yes, they're both really good dogs." he agreed.

(Yes, in our incredibly long list of curses. XD)

Icy

Post by Icy » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:28 pm

Once Emily was gone Pyra came back, sitting down in her seat with a playful smirk on her lips. For a minute she just studied him, her head falling into a tiltas curiosity entered her gaze. "Your girlfriend jealous that you were with some other, lame, girl?" She bit back her laughter, knowing that had been Emily and remembering what he said about her. That didn't mean she wouldn't make fun of him like she's been doing. "Did I just save you in time from getting into a lot of trouble? Love spats are always nasty in public." Her pale eyes glistened slightly as she leaned forward, getting her drink and bringing it closer to her. The scent was such a wonderful mixture, she could smell both the apple and cinnamon blending so beautifully together. Yet she didn't take a drink yet, feeling the heat wafting off from it as she looked at him. "I'm kidding, but I still hope you didn't get in trouble or anything." Unless Emily hated her why he would get in trouble she didn't know, she didn't think the girl had problems with her but one really never knew. They haven't interacted much. "Hopefully I didn't take too long...?"

Violet stayed still as he picked her up and set her down on the counter, making sure she was nice and secure before she relaxed. She's never fallen off, but it still kind of made her a little nervous and for good reasons. Falling would be really scary and it would hurt to land on the floor; it wasn't carpet, but even that wasn't very soft for hard landings. "It does!" The small child giggled, watching him move about the kitchen, gathering stuff for their breakfast. Omelette's were very yummy and they were light enough for her, well depending on who made them. Krane and Orion never put anything too heavy, they knew her well and took great care to make sure she didn't get sick. It wasn't fun or fair but it waa gettint better. "They no meanie like Krane. Krane biiig meanie!" She threw up her arms, her violet eyes wide as if he would suddenly do something to her. He wouldn't ever she knew, but she liked to play.

[I still haven't gotten around to writing them all down. XD]

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:56 am

Crypt directed his attention towards Pyra when she returned, surprising even himself with the welcoming smile that brightened his features. There was an odd feeling of joy upon her return, though he didn't even bother trying to figure out why. He leaned forward, crossing his arms on the table with the warm mug in his hand. The smell of coffee filling his senses, soothing his thoughts. The dark bitterness of the coffee was reassuring and familiar to him, in a lot of ways it helped him focus. He snorted "I hope you mean friend that's a girl...besides you're too harsh, lame is a cold word." he smirked. Crypt tapped his finger lightly against the dark mug, rolling his eyes. "Mmm you are definitely my savior..." he said with a light tone of sarcasm. Yet his eyes glistened with a playfulness. He smiled and shook his head "No trouble...and not long at all." he reassured her. He lifted his cup to take a small sip of the warm coffee, sighing softly in contentment. It's been at least a week since he's had coffee, no particular reason other than lack of going out and buying any. Crypt studied her quietly, his head tilted to the side and his dark bangs brushing his forehead.

Krane turned on the gas stove, hearing it click a couple times before igniting in a blue-ish flame. He slid a pan onto the stove to let it heat up while he whipped together the ingredients. With a practiced swiftness he cracked the eggs with one hand and let them plop into the small bowl, followed by the tiny bit of salt and pepper. The spinach and cheese would go on just before the egg was completely cooked. He played out the process in his head a few times to make sure he didn't forget anything, looking over at Violet with a small smile. "Oh? Am I a meanie?" he said with a soft chuckle. "I guess you don't want my present then?" he asked but his tone was playful. Of course he knew Violet wasn't serious, such a sweet child truly. He poured the egg into the hot pan and watched it slowly begin to cook, a spatula in hand.

(Nor have I. XD)

Icy

Post by Icy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:15 pm

Pyra blinked, a bit surprised by the smile that appeared on his face that made him seem so...happy she had returned. The sight was a strange but nice one, his smile made him seem even more attractive though she was quick to shake that thought away. Those types of thoughts could get one in trouble and she was determined to stay away from that, but she could still admit he had a pretty nice smile. After a moment she shookcher head, taking a sip of her cider as she listened to what he had to say. "I did say I was kidding and harsh? It's only harsh if I insult somebody else, I only insulted myself." She smirked, taking another small sip of her drink. It was warm and delicious, she loved coming to get one of these at least once a week if not more often. It was one of her favourites. If she could have it every single day then she would be happy, despite having the money to do just that however she liked saving. "Oh sarcasm. That's like a second language to me Mr. Bitterroot." A light smile slowly​ crossed her pink lips, her eyes flickering to the side to glance around the room once more. Hopefully their pie would come soon, she truly was curious about what he'd think of the pie she mentioned. He didn't have to like it of course, but she was still curious. "Darn, I should've stayed in there longer." She giggled.

Violet leaned over slightly, being very cautious of the open flame to look at what he was doing, a fascinated look on her face as she watched him crack the eggs with only one hand! Hers were a bit too small to do that, but she wanted to learn how to one day! Well she just wanted to learn how to cook. Krane made a lot of yummy food and she wanted to make yummy food too! A giggle left her as she thought about it, tilting her head as he poured all the eggs into the pan which caused a sizzling sound she found to be really amusing. Slowly her gaze went to Krane as he spoke, her smile fading into a pout. He wasn't being very nice. "That not nice! That a meanie thing to say...!" She huffed at him, crossing her arms in front of her as she leaned back into the cabinets behind her. Luckily she didn't hit her head on them, but she hasn't been moving quickly so she was fine. Violet knew he was being playful and she could play along too, she waa a good little actress sometimes and she only ever used that skill for good things like now. Playing with her brother was fun! "Hmph."

[We'll get to it...eventually. XD]