Redwood [Reserved Icy]

DreamsandReality

Re: Redwood [Reserved Icy]

Post by DreamsandReality » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:42 am

Crypt smirked faintly, watching her as she went to pay for the pie. To a certain point he felt like offering to pay, but then he also felt as though she might take offense to that. Not to mention he was, as usual, tight on money. So instead he stood there comfortably by the table, more relaxed than he usually was. His hands jammed in the pockets of his jacket, head tilted to the side, and his posture slouched ever so slightly. He couldn't pinpoint the source of this comfort, but perhaps it was simply because he trusted her, to some extent. After all, he was certain he would always hold some level of wariness with everyone. One had to be careful, tread lightly around others. Crypt snorted softly "Maybe I did..." he stated with a small, casual shrug. It was certainly beginning to feel that way. It was entirely out of character for him, to stretch out and put forth this much effort into socializing with one person. "Although I hardly think such a detour is necessary." he added with a small grin. Maybe it was simply because he found that he enjoyed her company.

Krane chuckled "Yes, and you can show him your knee." he agreed gently, content with the little things that made her happy. He certainly tried his best to make her joyful, to make her life as pure and good as he could manage. It wasn't always easy so even the smallest moments of her happiness meant a lot to him. Such as the shepherds pie, a warm and hearty meal that he was actually quite looking forward to himself. Then Orion was coming over and of course that made everyone happy. Truth be told he would've personally gone to his house and dragged Orion here, had he declined the offer. He took a deep breath and moved towards the living room. "Alrighty then, this way!" he concluded confidently, an excited gleam in his eyes. Fortunately, it was just on time, the small gift was beginning to stir.

Icy

Post by Icy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:16 pm

Pyra made it to the front and handed over her order ticket to the young man standing behind the counter. He smiled at her and rung her up on the register, telling her the price so she could count out the right amount. For little things like this she didn't pull out her card to pay, and unlike her parents she wasn't afraid to carry around smaller bills. If she thought about it she was pretty sure the smallest bill either one did carry was a hundred. They liked showing off their wealth. She finished counting and handed over the money to cashier, grabbing her change and receipt before she made her way back to Crypt. He had waited like he said he would, leaning against their table with his hands in his pockets. That seemed like a usual pose for him, but she thought it suited him. He fit that brooding guy stereotype very well. "Head injuries are very serious, even if you don't think so a doctor might disagree. There could be bleeding if you hit it hard enough, which clearly you must have." She smirked, snapping her wallet closed and shoving it back into her bag. The new one he helped her pick out the previous night, she had switched things out when she had gotten home.

Violet clapped her hands happily, hopping from one foot to the other. Orion would be so happy to see another one of her cuts healing up, especially since she had so many that were still on the mend. That still hurt. Lots of them had closed up since the initial attack though so that was very good! It didn't hurt as much to move around now like it had back then. She was glad that he would be here for dinner, but there was still lots of time before then so she would have to be patient and find other things to do until he was here. Like see Krane's gift and play with Luna and Echo and spend time with her big brother since he was off today! There was lots to do! A wide smile crossed her lips as she looked at Krane, following him when he told her too. He seemed really excited, so she couldn't help but wonder what exactly he had gotten her. There were so many possibilities, but she didn't want to guess and ruins the surprise for her. That wouldn't be good!

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:59 am

Crypt watched Pyra approach him again, an amused smile curling his lips. He gave his jacket a light tug and wrinkled up his nose "I'm tough, I can handle anything." he replied, followed by a small laugh. His gaze briefly flickered towards the bag she held, unable to deny a slightly warmer smile at the sight of it. The softened look vanished as quickly as it came, however. He shied away from even the briefest moment of vulnerability, silently scolding himself for letting such a little detail get to him. Even if he was touched by the fact she was using the bag he helped her pick out. Of course she'd use it, she bought it. Nothing to it. He pulled away from the table and took a deep breath "You ready to go?" he asked, nodding towards the door. As inviting as this morning has been, he was a busy guy with a lot on plate. A job, school, and what sleep he could managed to sneak into his schedule.

Krane entered the living room and paused by the light gray, felt couch. He made a small hand gesture towards the soft black and white bundle of fur that laid curled up on the couch. "Go look..." he said gently, biting the inside of his lip. Orion is literally going to kill me. Skin me alive and feed me to my dogs. Krane thought, watching Violet quietly. Despite the 'ominous threat', he was pleased with the gift and hoped Violet would be happy too. In the end that's all that mattered. He shifted weight from one foot to the other in anticipation, watching as the small Husky stretched out its paws and rolled onto its back. Fortunately, he made sure Echo and Luna would take well to the dog before he adopted it. Unsurprisingly they seemed quite fond of their new little sibling.

Icy

Post by Icy » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:01 pm

[I'm debating on who to go to next since Pyra and Crypt are almost done, such hard decisions. o.o]

Pyra tilted her head as she looked up at him, noticing just how tall he was in comparison to her. He wasn't crazy tall no, but she still did have to tilt her head a bit to be able to look him in the eyes. She smirked slightly, rolling her eyes in response to his comment. "Right, whatever you say Mr. Bitterroot..."she muttered playfully, holding onto the strap of her bag as she glanced out the window. No she wasn't ready to go yet, that meant she had to say goodbye soon, but she would have to. After all she couldn't allow herself to get too attached to him, there was still the chance that things could go horribly wrong. Though he said, and she felt, that he was different, he could still one day open his eyes and realize he made a mistake in befriending her. It was so hard to allow friendship back into her life, but she couldn't stay closed off forever. Especially if she was to help Orion, which she would have to send him a message about the pie shop. To pull out her phone and start typing away now while she was still with Crypt would be rude so she would wait until they parted. "Mhm, you have work to prepare for right? I shouldn't be wasting any more of your time." She replied, making her way towards the exit.

Violet walked into the living room after him, unable to see the couch yet since she was behind him. She was a little nervous, she wasn't used to getting gifts on normal days, but she wouldn't turn it away because she didn't want to hurt her brother's feelings of course. Besides, she loved most to all of the gifts he got her. They weren't expensive gifts or anything usually, but they always meant a lot to her because they were from someone who cared about her. A smile crossed her lips and she giggled to herself, looking up at Krane as he motioned towards the couch. Her curiosity spiked as she grabbed the back of his pant legs and leaned around him, gasping quietly as she saw the furry bundle that lay there. The small girl couldn't help the tiny squeal that escaped her lips as she hopped from foot to foot, flailing her arms a little as she looked up at her brother. "That the puppy I played with! Is mine?" She asked, wanting to make sure this is the gift he meant. A tiny part of her was always afraid to have things ripped away from her again.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:19 am

(Hmm I'm not sure, who else do we have?)

Crypt peered down at her with bright violet eyes, a pale smile dancing across his lips. "Well, Mr. Bitterroot is quite confident in everything he says," he replied light-heartedly. Which was mostly true, he was confident in himself. It was a quality he had picked up ever since he ran away from home and found himself an interesting little life here. He had to grow up and he had to remain confident in himself, otherwise the world would crush him down into the pits of uncertainty and despair. However not overly confident, he wasn't foolish. Too much confidence was just as dangerous as too little. He hooked his thumbs into the pockets of his jacket, nodding a bit in return. "Wasting my time? I wouldn't call it wasting..." he spoke, following her towards the exit. "I don't know if I ever thanked you for this actually." he glanced back at the pie shop. It was a neat little place, one he didn't visit as often as he would like.

Krane's dark eyes glittered as he peered down at Violet, searching her small face for a reaction. She had leaned around him to peer at the gift and it was only moments later when he saw the joy and excitement scatter across the air around her. He laughed, watching as she flailed her arms and hopped around in excitement. "Mmhmm, that's the puppy," He felt all the worry wash off of him, he should've known she would like it. "That's your puppy," he confirmed before carefully leading her over to the small fuzzy form. The little husky whined and laid on its belly, its icy blue eyes opened when they approached. The tail whipping back and forth, shaking the entire body. "You get to name him too..." Krane added, knowing that was one of many exciting parts about gaining a new pet. He could recall the day he named Echo and Luna; Luna for her shimmering white fur and Echo for the way he seemed to always bark after his sister did. They were odd puppies but he adored them.

Icy

Post by Icy » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:38 pm

[Well we have Claire and Elijah, they parted 'this morning,' there's Skylar and the Twins, we could do Elijah and Cain. Erm...I'm hopeless. XD]

Pyra smirked at him, opening the door before she slipped through it into the chilly outside air. "Are you sure he isn't just full of himself or something?" She asked with a small teasing tone, pausing on the sidewalk to wait for him. He was quite an interesting character, definitely confident in himself from what she could tell although from what he's told her about his life he would have to be wouldn't he? It was hard for her to say whether or not she was confident as well, most days she felt like she simply faked it just to survive. Of course she knew she had some confidence, it wouldn't do not to have any at all. Not that it mattered all too much. "Considering you have to get ready for work I'd say 'wasting your time' fits at least a little bit. I should be hurrying you along." How awful it would be if he were late due to her, she wouldn't want that on her invisible record of friendship. If such a thing existed. "I told you, this is in thanks for the pizza last night. I had to repay you in some way since you wouldn't let me pay half." He told her there had been no need to pay him back, but this was how she was. Pyra didn't want anybody to have anything that they could hold over her head if things ever went South, it was a safety card of hers. "I'll just try not to be late next time."

Violet giggled excitedly, she's never had a puppy or any kind of pet of her own before. Sure there was Luna and Echo, but they were Krane's dogs and had been with him longer than she had. They accepted her too though when she came to live here, so she knew they were hers too in a way. This was still very exciting for her, she didn't know where to start, she's never taken care of a living thing, but she was positive that Krane wouldn't leave her to figure it out by herself. He was smart when it came to animals, he trained Luna and Echo and took care of all the animals in the shop after all. These were things to worry about later however, she had just received one of the best gifts ever! Next to Ash of course, she couldn't let her bunny think he wasn't loved anymore even though he was just a stuffed animal. Perhaps silly, but she was a child and they didn't often make sense. "Puppy puppy." She giggled, reaching out carefully to let the puppy sniff at her hand before she pet him. He was cute, but she wasn't sure what a good name would be when Krane brought up the fact about how she could name him. His fur color kind of reminded her of an oreo cookie... "Name? Um...I don't know!"

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:17 am

(Elijah and Cain works for me! XD )

Crypt followed her out into the chilled air, flipping the collar of his jacket up. "Full of himself? Hardly," He replied with a playful smirk, his dark eyes dancing. He paused alongside her, tucking his hands into his coat pockets. "Confidence is key to survival." It was a phrase he found himself repeating every time it seemed like things were getting tough, a reminder to keep his head up. He gave his hand a small wave of dismissal "Well, I won't count it as wasting my time. Although, I should be going." He turned a little to face her, a small smirk lining his lips. He was someone many viewed as a typical 'bad boy' that doesn't follow anyone's rules. However, he was quite respectful of authorities and worked hard at everything he did. "Hmm I guess that makes us even then," Crypt concluded with a curt nod. A small, genuine smile spread across his pale lips. "Ah, so there will be a next time?" The tone of his voice sounded almost hopeful, though his expression remained pretty neutral other than the rare smile.

Krane sat down at the edge of the couch, watching Violet interact with her new puppy. He smiled, feeling a warmth spread through his chest. He leaned back in the seat a little, relaxing into the plush cushions. "Well, is there a name you really like? Or perhaps he reminds you of something?" Krane offered, knowing that such little things could often become great names. He reached up to thread his fingers through his dark locks of hair, brushing the loose strands back. "You have some time to think about it, but not too long," He added. She could dwell on the choices of names if she needed too, but eventually the dog would have to learn its name for when they called upon him. Personally, Krane was eager to teach Violet how to properly train a dog. It was a much needed skill in life, at least, that's what he believed. Perhaps his belief was a little biased being his very life surrounded training and taking care of animals.

Icy

Post by Icy » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:59 pm

[Woo! Would you like to start? c:]

Pyra turned to look at him, pulling her jacket more tightly around herself. It was getting even colder out, she could see her breath flare out in front of her face each time she exhaled. Her own tiny personal cloud. At least that's what she used to call them when she was little. "Perhaps...but we've only just recently met so still a lot to learn." A smirk crossed her lips, but there was truth in her words. They barely knew each other so she couldn't for sure say if he was as honest as he seemed. Maybe that was simply her distrust if people speaking up, but one could never be too careful. "I think not jumping into other's fights is a key to survival too. You could get hurt." Of course she meant the small fight she has gotten in the night before, she wasn't ever going to let him live it down and of course she didn't think he was easily taken down...but she was having her fun. Unfortunately she couldn't have too much seeing as he had to go now. "Yeah I should probably get going too, getting cold." She replied, taking a step back with her left foot as if ready to walk away and yet he spoke again. He sounded hopeful, not that she understood why but it was amusing. "Hmm, we'll see. I might change my mind after all, that and I have no way to contact you and who knows if we'll bump into each other again."

Violet tilted her head, studying the puppy some more as she thought about Krane's question. The puppy did still remind her of an oreo cookie, but would he think it silly? Would the puppy even like that as a name? Animals had personalities from what Krane taught her so she couldn't help but worry that she may pick a name he'd dislike. Yet Krane told her she couldn't take all that long thinking of a name so it did make her feel at least a little pressured to choose one. "I don't know...his fur like an Oreo, but that a silly name..."she mumbled, scratching the puppy's ears. He seemed content to just lay there on the couch, and it made her happy to see that he was still ignoring all of her bandages and not chewing on them. Krane had told her animals were smart, they knew if you were hurt or sad so maybe that was it. It sensed something was wrong with her. "I don't know good names." She pouted.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:41 am

(You can start this time if you'd like! c: )

Crypt took a small step back himself, having intentions of departing although enjoying this conversation. Enjoying a conversation, rare to put those in the same sentence, He thought with a small smirk. Orion was just about the only other person he's enjoyed conversations with and that was only on occasion. "Oh much to learn, you are quite the mysterious one," he commented in return. Which was true, she was not an easy person to read. He raised an eyebrow "Is that just a touch of concern for me I detect? I suppose I should warn you I have a funny habit of jumping into other's fights," he smirked faintly, "I think you can handle yourself of course, but I'm just not a fan of bullies...I like to take care of them." Which was true despite his 'rough and tough' nature, he wouldn't stand for cruelty. "Mmm good idea, I'd hate for you to get sick," he said rather casually. Crypt took another step back and smirked, holding up his hands a little. "Good thing it's a small town, I'm sure we'll cross paths again. Unless of course this is some subtle way to ask for my phone number," he joked lightly. He was acting more...playful than he was ever accustomed too. It was a strange feeling but kind of nice.

Krane watched Violet and smiled "Hmm I don't think Oreo is silly," he offered, he didn't wish for her to be discouraged. He leaned forward and rested his chin in his palm, studying the puppy. "Well perhaps when he wakes up a little more you can get a feel for his personality. That might help you," he pointed out, "You don't have to decide today." He suddenly rose to his feet and looked around, muttering something to himself as he frowned. He had bought a few dog toys for the pup but for the life of him he couldn't remember where he had placed them.

Icy

Post by Icy » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:14 pm

[Make me do all the work. DX]

Pyra tugged on the collar of her jacket, trying her best to keep the chilly air from going down into it. It seemed she had forgotten her scarf in her rush this morning, not that she would ever admit to it being due to excitement. That would definitely go to his head and she couldn't have that happen. "Oh I pride myself on my mystery. No one gets to know who I truly am unless they work for it. I must warn, most give up pretty easily so don't feel bad if you do too." She replied, thinking of the few who tried and gave up on it. Orion had been the only person to not give up, but she knew that having grown up together as kids probably had something to do with that. "Concern? For you? No. I just don't want your injuries and hospital bills on my hands." If he got hurt in one of her fights she would have some sort responsibility in it. "Not just my fights? And here I thought I was special." She pouted. "Now who sounds concerned huh?" It was amusing to see him be playful, but a part of her told her not to get used to it. She tried shaking off the thought as she rolled her eyes, a scoff on her lips upon his next comment. "Ha, you wish. I guess if we don't 'cross paths' again we won't be hanging out again." Pyra crossed her arms defiantly, she was not the type to ask for numbers.

Violet didn't know if he was just saying that to be nice or not. He wouldn't ever lie to her she know, but she still felt it to be a silly name for a dog. She pouted, looking at the puppy who seemed to be very sleepy. Coming into a new home had to be a big deal, there were lots of new smells and sights everywhere that had to be both overwhelming and exciting. Long ago she has been the new one, it had been very tiring and she remembered falling asleep quite easily. Where she had fallen asleep exactly she couldn't remember, but she had woken up in a comfy bed in what became her bedroom! "He sleepy puppy." She mumbled quietly, as if afraid to wake him up from his sleepy state. He was cute, and she knew that just like with her family on her first day here she loved him already. "Ori come for dinner, he can meet too huh?"

Cain was, at the moment, walking along the edge of a small pond located near his home. It wasn't the same home they had the last time they lived here, but it was still nice and bigger than the other with two floors. His parents were at work and his sister at her dance lesson so he had no one to keep him company and nothing to do. He was bored, a tad bit lonely but the feeling didn't get him down too much. Whenever he stayed in the hospital he was alone for the most part since his family couldn't stay so he was used to that. In a way he enjoyed it for he didn't have to see the saddened and worried looks of the people he cared most about. It was difficult, but he managed well and he lucky that he was doing better now. Good enough to go on walks like this by himself and without assistance aside from the tube that fed him oxygen. Even then he didn't need to wear that as much, but he wore it now for his little journey earlier when he met that girl took a lot out of him. She had been nice, if not a little odd. He chuckled to himself and glanced down at the glistening water, glad that this little park was close to the house. If he grew tired it wouldn't be as long of a journey back then it had been from the main park.