Shounen Stars

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, Admin

Kurusu

Re: Shounen Stars

Post by Kurusu » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:18 am

With each brisk step she took, Yumi's smile grew wider and wider. Julius was scared, and it shows through his action. She could see how Julius started losing colour on his face as adrenaline started to saturate his blood stream. She could see how his body stiffen like an old creaking wood ready to snap. She could feel satisfaction rising in herself as every bit of Julius's complex emotion became one in harmony; fear.

And then, Yumi eyes widen as she encountered yet another thing for the first time in her life.

"You do realize that you've already lost, right?"

Julius wasn't brimming with fear any longer. He was brimming with confident. Such a beautiful state he was in, and he threw it away. Such a waste. Yumi was disappointed, and after pausing for a split second, she charged at Julius. Her axe raised.

"How dare you!"

UmbraSight

Post by UmbraSight » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:18 am

As the boy spoke, Yuuki’s smile slowly dipped downward into a frown as her arm fell to her side. She remained still, watching the boy’s back as he walked out of the room until he rounded the corner and vanished from view. She drew in a sharp breath, as she turned hard on her left heel and aimed for a different opening on the far side of the cavern. She released an annoyed puff of air as she started to walk, the girl to her left yelping as Yuuki passed and scrambling awkwardly backwards. Yuuki barely noticed as she stalked to the exit, her mind churning over what the boy had said. She was dirt? What sort of thing was that to say? She pulled her arms tight across her chest and her lips moved slowly as she glared daggers at some cleft in the wall. Yuuki slowed to a stop.

“I am not dirt.” She said out loud as she spun in place, and hurried back into the chamber. For a moment, Yuuki could swear she heard someone breathe a sigh of relief right before she passed back into the chamber. Two of the boys were on their feet, leaning against one another while the girl was standing over the tall boy. The three looked up as Yuuki entered, but none made any moves in intercept her or spoke as she stalked across the space back towards the entrance that the white haired boy had gone through. She turned down the hall that she had seen the boy take. He hadn’t been moving quickly when he had left, so Yuuki took large steps in hopes of catching up to the body before he had an opportunity to vanish into one of the side passages.

It hadn’t taken her long to find him again, the first corner she turned she caught sight of the boy’s white hair.

“Hey!” She called, annoyance crawling into her voice as she quickened her pace to close the gap between them. “If you don't wish to shake my hand, fine. But, at least give me your name, as I have already given you mine.” Yuuki said, as she slowed to a stop an arm’s length or so away.
//...from the stillness, shifting. From the silence, a gasp...//Fall of the Aelir Isles Vol III

ShaFlow

Post by ShaFlow » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:54 am

"How dare you!"

Gothca...

A white toothed smirk suddenly developed on Julius's face. Both hands darted upwards throwing both balls into the air the second she charged. He hopped back trying to maintain distance between himself and Yumi. His face showed confidence as one arm made its way to his lower back. Pulling out a homemade wooden sling shot with a black plastic cup, large enough to hold the balls he threw up into the air. With one hand holding onto the handle as the other stretched out the elastic rubber connecting the cup to the handle. One of the balls managed to land perfectly in the cup as the other landed elsewhere.

"You're assed out. Have a taste of my skunk shot!"

Calculating how fast Yumi ran and taking an educated guess of the distance, he shot the ball. But instead of directly at her body the ball was fired at her feet; hitting the ground from where she would step next. Exploding on impact, a bright yellow gas was released from the casing. The odor that came from it was strong. Even though he was an alright distance away from the cloud, the smell traveled quickly. He was certain that Yumi would at least be stunned by the smell giving him an opportunity to take Mary and run.Even if it didn't this was the perfect opportunity to dash ahead in which he did.
======

The boy stopped at the loud "Hey"! He slowly turned with a sigh of annoyance."What is it this tim-what are you stupid?!" At first the boy thought Yuuki was another individual. Annoyed to see that it was the girl he had recently saved, his fist clenched tightly. Shaking as she came closer and closer. Holding himself, restricting the want to sock her right in the nose.

"Tch."He sucked his teeth at Yukki's request.Rubbing his forehead.

"I don't have a damn obligation to tell you anything about who I am, or anything about me. You told me your name out of your own free will. Now scram! Or I'll kick your ass!"

He pointed at her forehead. Gestures were stiff and aggressive. A vein popped at the side of his temple. One hand remained in the depths of his pocket."Tch. But if it'll keep you from annoying me any longer-" he paused. Scratching his head with the free hand." The name's Geoffrey Sinclair. I don't really remember your and I'm not going to try either. So I'll call you...face." Geoffrey took another look at Yuuki from head to toe, observing her stance.

UmbraSight

Post by UmbraSight » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:27 am

"I don't have a damn obligation to tell you anything about who I am, or anything about me. You told me your name out of your own free will. Now scram! Or I'll kick your ass!"

Yuuki once more crossed her arms just under her chest as she came to a stop in front of the white haired boy. She remained still as the boy jabbed a finger in her direction, simply stared past his hand at his red eye. Her stance remained loose and open, somewhere between non threatening and not caring. Her feet were a shoulder’s length apart, her arms crossed, her lips downturned into the same frown she had been wearing for the last seven minutes. After a few moments the boy seemed to reach some conclusion.

"Tch. But if it'll keep you from annoying me any longer-" he paused used his free hand to rub his forehead. "The name's Geoffrey Sinclair. I don't really remember your and I'm not going to try either. So I'll call you…face."

After a stilted second, Yuuki’s frown flipped upwards into a smile. The boy was rude, and she felt certain he could easily beat her within an inch of her life, but still, it felt like a little victory to have him tell her his name.

“You know Geoffrey, you could just call me Yuuki.” She nodded her head. “And its nice to meet you.”

-----------------------------------

“Heads or tails?”

The redheaded boy glowered at her from where he knelt next to his friend. His friend friend groaned, a low constant noise as he clutched his side where Camilla was pretty certain she had felt a rib give. She simply stared down at the boy waiting for his response as she slid her thumbnail under the coin. The redhead was nowhere as good as his partner had been at hiding his intentions. She could see it in the tension of his legs, in the quiver of his arm that he was planning on attacking, and only waiting for a proper opening. She would say he was unlucky to be her target, but someone that weak didn’t deserve to be here anywhere. Well, if he wanted an opportunity to act, then she would give it to him. With a flick of her thumb, the coin took to the air. Camilla’s eyes flicked upwards as she followed the coin’s arc.

With a growl in the back of his throat the redhead burst upwards, his right hand balled into a fist and pulled back. Camilla twisted her weight on her left heel as her left hand snapped up, her open palm catching the redhead on the hollow below his chin. She could feel his jaw snapping shut, his teeth clicking as all of his momentum was lost. The bow staggered backwards, as he brought his hand up to his mouth.

“Are you an idiot?” Camilla asked, as the coin landed in her open hand. Without looking at it, she slapped the half dollar onto the back of her right hand, “so, let’s try this again, heads or tails?”

“Tails.” The readhead croaked. Camilla lifted her hand and smirked.

“Heads.” She said, holding the coin up.

“Cheater!” He forced through his teeth as he lept to his feet.

Well, attempted to leap to his feet.

He made it only halfway up before her fist caught the side of his face knocked him back down onto the ground.

“How did an idiot like you get past the first stage anyway?” Camilla sighed as she knelt down and rifled through the man’s pockets until she found the button that she was looking for and slipped it into her pocket. With a sigh and a dusting of her hands Camilla stood and looked over her shoulder at a particularly large lump of rock.

“You can come out now.” She said.
//...from the stillness, shifting. From the silence, a gasp...//Fall of the Aelir Isles Vol III

Kurusu

Post by Kurusu » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:34 am

The skunk shot caught the bunny girl by complete surprise, and a heavy coughing and choking noise could be heard behind the thick, gross, yellow smoke. The girl was in tears, and was blindly swinging her axe around her. She's going to be incapacitated for a while.

Mary, not missing a beat, ran to Julius and made their escape from the room. She wasn't going to risk herself and knock the bunny girl out, knowing how a random attack can be much more difficult to predict and avoid. Still, she managed to get one verbal jab in.

"Karma!"

=====

Eventually, Julius and Mary would stop to catch their breathe after making enough distance from the room with stunned bunny girl in it. At least, Julius would have to. Mary was still more worried about the nasty gash on her wrist, and wasn't showing much sign of exhaustion. Worried, she looked at her wrist to inspect the wound...

...but there was no wound.

"What..." Mary said blankly, twisting her wrist around. No blood. Nothing. "Julius... Maybe I've found my super power...? The cut on my wrist... Disappeared." Mary said skeptically, while trying to move her finger and wrist. Her hand moved like it should. She had completely healed, as if her wrist was never cut in the first place.

"A-anyway, what's our next plan? I still need my button..." Mary decided to show her button to Julius. It's number was 47, and it's target was 63. "I really have to fight someone to get a button don't I..." She said with a sad voice. Fighting someone for their button would means she'll make them drop out of the exam. It was a mean thing to do, and she couldn't just do that to a stranger.

It was that moment that she realized, there was indeed on person she wouldn't mind being mean to.

The bunny girl.

Mary's wrist had somehow recovered, and now that she had time to think clearly, the bunny girl was a threat to not only her. The girl probably had killed dozens of people already, and more will fall victim to her unless she was stopped. Mary then looked at Julius, and said to him, "Julius... I've got a crazy idea." She started. "That girl had like 10 buttons, and we can't just let her kill other people. How about we bring the fight to her?" Although it sounded stupid, Mary was never more certain. She was clueless for most of the bizarre examination, but this was the first time that she had a clear idea of what to do. Beat the girl up, and get her buttons.

"You in with me?" Mary added. It's clear that, with, or without Julius's approval, she had already made up her mind.

ShaFlow

Post by ShaFlow » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:54 am

Geoffrey
"Damn you're so annoying!" Geoffrey gripped the snow-white hair on his head."Any normal person would have been scared out of their mind right now! But you're just so..." he paused. Turning his back to Yuuki taking a deep breath."You're just nonchalant. It pisses me off!" Turning around swiftly from the balls of his feet before stepping up to Yuuki. Getting too close for comfort possibly, his face was close to hers, noses practically touching."So what? You think you're stronger than me? You think I'm weak is that it? Huh? Is that it!?" Voice beginning to raise in volume, his teeth barred tightly.His jaw muscle visible as tension was being applied. His one eye gazing into hers with vigor.
====
Julius
Both hands were placed on top of his head, upper body stretching to open his lungs to catch air. As Mary asked her question, Julius took a moment to devise an answer. His gaze drifted to Mary before he gave a quick,"No." Yumi was a threat. One that Julius's gimmicks and tactics wouldn't work so easily the next time they encountered. There was no if. He could feel it. She was bound to return.

"Besides."With a small pause walking up to Mary, he lightly gripped her wrist holding it to his face."Next time 'this' could be the real thing?! Even if you've discovered this "power" you may think you have. It's better to play safe." After giving a small lecture, his hand freed hers. Soon placing it on her shoulders. With a small grin and a chuckle both eyes met with Mary's.

"Though I have a theory. No. A loop-hole rather that could be used to bypass the test. Wanna take a gander, sweet stuff?"

The boy awaited her answer, pulling away granting some distance. Scurrying his hands in the many pockets of his outfit before pulling out two random buttons.
====
Makai

Being there at the wrong time without any support was terrifying. Makai walked slowly and tensely from behind a rock, attempting to remain unseen. Both hands remaining closed together."Y-yes m-ma'am." That girl seemed brash compared to himself. Head hung over Makai's eyes looked over to the girl calling him out. The button was placed in the shirt pocket of his black jacket barely visible.

"I-I don't wanna fight."

A puny attempt to try and squeeze himself out. Running would probably cause her to react and pounce on him like a lion. His knees slowly wobbled as his shoulders began to bundle up. His fear was being shown blatantly.

UmbraSight

Post by UmbraSight » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:03 am

Yuuki

Yuuki remained still as the boy leaned in close to her, their noses practically touching. Her head tilted only faintly to her left as the boy finished his rant, her heart fluttering in her breast. Remnants of his voice rebounded off the tight corridor of stone, his words rendered unintelligible but the anger still present.

“Do I think I am stronger than you are?” She repeated, her gray eyes staring back at the boy’s one red eye. “I haven't really given that any thought.” She said honestly. “I didn't come looking for a fight, for whatever reason I felt compelled to go after you.”

Am uncertain smile lifted the downturned edges of her mouth. She didn't know how the boy would take her answer, but it was close enough to how she felt to be the answer she wanted in any event.

“I see no reason for us to have to fight” she finished with a shrug.

She studied the boy for a long moment before she finally rested her right hand on her hip and shook her head. How had this kid gotten past the first stage, let alone not have gotten robbed of his button yet? He was quivering like a leaf during a windstorm, and he stumbled over his words seemingly uncertain on what he should say or do. His posture was bad, and his gaze was low, like he had just found a particularly interesting rock to occupy him. Had he gotten this far on luck alone?

She didn't quite scowl at him, but her lips bowed down into a frown, her brow knit, and she worked her right shoulder with her left arm. What exactly was she supposed to do with him now then? She already had her target’s badge, and a few for insurance, so she really didn't need to take this kid’s. Yet, if she didn't, Camilla felt certain someone else would come along and snap him up. A lamb amongst wolves was never destined to last long. Finally she sighed and lifted her right arm, her hand curled into a fist. She held her arm out lengthwise her fist pointed in the direction of the boy.

“Well, you are in luck, I don't want to fight either.” She said. “I already have my target, so how about we play a game instead?” Camilla twisted her arm around so the palm of her hand was up and unfurled her fingers. In the center of her palm was a coin.

“A bet. We both take a side, if I win, the you give me your badge, and if you win you can make one request of me, sound fair?” Once more she curled her hand into a fist with the coin pinched between her index finger and thumb.

“So, sound good?”

Kurusu

Post by Kurusu » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:30 am

Mary sighed, just when she really know what she was going to do next, someone had to shot it down.

Yet, Julius wasn't totally wrong. The bunny girl was dangerous, and unpredictable. Next time they encounter each other, Mary might not leave with just a cut wrist. However, the girl's threat was more the reason for Mary to want to actually fight her. Letting her roam free might results in more and more deaths.

"I'd still say we should start fighting back. We can't let someone that dangerous be the predator, she had killed lots already I'm sure..." Mary protested, but decided that she might as well listen to what Julius had to say first. It's not a bad idea either if she could get the test done with, and then report the killing to a supervisor. "Anyway... you were saying you thought of a loop hole? Are you sure the teacher wouldn't find out?"

Mary never cheated in any exam before, and the thought of doing so made her anxious. There were many things on her anxiety-inducing list already, and now there's one more, cheating. If her parents found out... Mary couldn't even imagine the terror that would fall upon her.

Then again, there was a murderer onto Mary. The unknown maybe scary, but a knife in one's face can be much scarier at that point.

=====

Sniffle

The skunk gas knocked the bunny girl's out for a good while, but she soon recovered. Although she was largely unharmed, the gas did ruined one of her best outfit. Luckily for her, she brought a spare one-piece dress. Purely white and frilly, the girl changed into it while lamenting the fact that her best costume might be permanently smelly after the encounter.

Worse, her dear bunny had become stinky too. The cruelty of the situation made her cry quietly, and a soft sniffle could be heard around the area. "Mr. Cuddles... I'll make sure to clean you really well ok?" The girl said with a saddened, trembling voice, before putting her bunny doll back into her backpack.

The girl then slowly navigates through the caves, looking for exits. She decided to give up searching for a certain masterpiece for now... Yet, just when she was about to give up.

"I see no reason for us to have to fight."

A voice. Sonorous yet harmonic. It should have been an average, normal voice of a moody, grumpy person. It shouldn't struck any fear, yet it did. It was a contradiction. It shouldn't inspire fear, yet it did to her. Out of all the things that the bunny girl had seen until that day, she had never been scared of anything. Yet this voice made her felt it, for the second time in her life. Could this voice belongs to the owner of that pair of blue eyes, which had inspired fear for the first time in her life?

The girl followed the source of that voice, and indeed had found her answer. She had found the masterpiece she was looking for this whole time. She finally found it!

Completely ignoring Geoffrey, the bunny girl walked up to Yuuki. The bunny girl's pair of insane eyes were focused only, and only at Yuuki. With an enthralled voice, she said only one word.

"H-hi!"

I'll be the round... About!

ShaFlow

Post by ShaFlow » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:43 am

Episode Five
On the last episode of Shounen Stars, our heroes continue their journey through the Second Phase of the exam. A new set of faces have decided to face themselves including the aggressive fighter Geoffrey Sinclair. As Mary and Julius escaped the short but adrenaline filled battle against an unknown assailiant. She was dangerous and violent, taking one of Julius's secret gimmicks to temporarily incacipate her to make their getaway. Meanwhile it seems Makai had finally made his way into the heated Second Phase only to be greeted by an unknown girl. What will be in store for our heroes? Find out this episode of Shounen Stars!!

<Cue Opening Song>

Julius

"Yeah, no. We're not ready to handle her just yet. Trying to be heroes will get us killed." As embarrassing as it was, Julius had to admit he was outclassed in his current state. It would be better to get even in the future. Until then, all unnecessary threats and obstacles should be avoided. The clock was ticking and who knows how far they were to getting to the end of the cave system? There was no way of telling if they were closer or farther from where they needed to be. No way of telling how much time passed...or what was left. Standing around wasn't doing any good to the situation. Swiftly Julius scavenged for the various buttons that he managed to snag earlier, laying them about the floor taking a knee. He flipped a few over then quietly inspected their tags.

Finger rubbing his chin in a slow clockwise pattern, suddenly it struck him. With a snap he took two of the buttons then showed them to Mary."Alright, I guarantee I'm not the only one with this clever idea." The boy snickered leaving Mary without any details of what his actual plan was. But before conducting Julius cleared his throat."First, I wanna see if you can figure out what my plan was. I don't wanna feel like I'm carrying us to success, you've gotta pull some weight too ya know!" Placing both buttons in the nice line of other buttons he took a step to the side. Hands behind his back."Feel free to take your time." Julius tried to make Mary feel a bit more comfortable with a small grin.

"I'll give you a small hint: look at both sides carefully."

He had a particular interest in two of the buttons. Numbers 99 and 67 and how they could link each of the buttons together in a peculiar way.
====
Geoffrey

"Hmph, I see then." Geoffrey answered with a simple cross of his arms, under his chest. Suddenly a smirk began to develop on his face. A small but noticeable chuckle made its announcement from his vocal chords."Indeed I see now!"The white haired boy pointed to Yukki once more in an over exaggerated fashion."After my spectacular show of strength you've fallen in lov-" Suddenly Geoffrey's boast was rudely interrupted. Being pushed aside by a girl who intruded with a sudden,"H-hi!" Their contact threw Geoffrey off balance, he was only able to recover as his back fell into the stone wall.

"H-hey! Watch where the hell you're going you stupid bitch!"

Pushing himself off of the wall with his muscles, Geoffrey regained balance. Fist balled tightly and held out in front. A vein began to slowly pop out from the temple of his head. Jaw tightened, he spoke through clenched teeth."Or perhaps you'd like me to teach you some proper manners?" Face flushed with red, there was no filter or even an attempt. Jumping straight to violence and threats.
====
Makai
There was a breath of relief. She wasn't looking for a fight, so there was no real reason to be afraid. Makai's posture began to slowly straighten. Taking a moment weighing out his options. If he denied her challenge he was skeptical that she would harass him about it. If he did accept it, then there was the chance of him losing his badge, thus kicking him out of the competition. This was too much pressure! How could he ever hope to pass anything on his own if there wasn't even an ounce of confidence in his own decisions? Succumbing to inner fear. His greatest weakness. After taking a moment the boy lined his own eyes to hers. Then nodded.

"Sure. I'll take you on this bet. Though I don't know what I would request of you..."

There wasn't much he could think of other than her own badge. But it seemed as if she worked so hard to get where she was at. Just stripping that away was kind of...mean. He wasn't like that."Oh! Before we do this!" Slipping the bag off of his shoulders so that it plopped onto the floor, he rummaged through for a short moment. Before revealing what looked like an arcade coin."I think it would be fair for me to ask we use this. Just so there isn't any possible cheating involved. Not saying you're a cheater, but from what I've already experienced...you have to take some precautions."

Arm held out as the coin was placed in his open palm waiting for the girl to take a hold if she accepted.

UmbraSight

Post by UmbraSight » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:58 pm

Yuuki

“Indeed I see now!” The white haired boy said with a smirk as he made of a show of gesturing at her. “After my spectacular show of strength you've fallen in lov-"

Yuuki could feel a flush warm her cheeks as a denial reached the tip of her tongue. But before she could speak or Geoffrey could finish a figure shouldered past him knocking him off balance. Geoffrey teetered backwards onto the wall and the girl stepped forward to fill the space that he has occupied a moment ago. Yuuki blinked, it was that girl who had been holding the bunny, the one who had been staring at her while they waited for the second test to start.

“H-hi.” The girl uttered, her eyes wide and almost seemed as if she were awestruck. In the bottom of her stomach Yuuki felt a pang of dread, and in the back of her mind warning bells buzzed and clamored for her attention. Before she could settle her growing feeling of unease Geoffrey bounced off the section of wall he had been knocked back into and snarled a threat at the girl who had pushed him aside. Yuuki felt another pang of dread as her eyes flicked to an irritated Geoffrey. She raised one of her hands in an attempt to console him or at least try to stop him before he threw a punch.

“I think we got off on the wrong foot here.” Yuuki said, her voice easy and level. “How about we all get acquainted before we start throwing blows?”

Camilla

“It’s your request, ask for whatever you want. It’s up to you.” Camilla said with a carefree shrug of her shoulders. Her left eyebrow arched as the boy suddenly seemed to find his backbone. His posture straightened and her met her gaze without fumbling over his words or trying to squirm away. The boy almost seemed competent. Was he messing with her? Some ruse to make her drop her guard?

No, Camilla didn't get any vibes like that from the boy. He seemed… straightforward. So, she remained still as Makai rifled through his pack before eventually holding up a coin. She frowned as Makai asked her to use that coin instead of hers, but she shrugged quickly enough.

“If it makes you feel better about your odds, whatever.” She said, pushing her coin into her pocket before reaching out and taking the one the boy held out. It was less of a coin and more like an arcade token. She inspected it for a moment, checked both sides and judged the weight. As far as she could tell, the token hadn't been tampered with in any way.

“The game is simple. I flip the coin and you choose heads or tails. You call it right you win, you call it wrong you lose. Ready?”

With a smile, Camilla flicked her thumb, and the old token sent spinning up towards the ceiling.