The Rising [Reserved Icy]

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, Admin

DreamsandReality

Re: The Rising [Reserved Icy]

Post by DreamsandReality » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:45 pm

Crypt nodded and moved towards her "Yes, I do think that would put a damper on our relationship wouldn't it?" he commented thoughtfully. No doubt it made him curious as to what effect he would have on them if he did hate it, but of course that was a curiosity he'd much prefer not to find out. Though it may not seem like it to most, he hated few things in this world. He didn't even hate the Officials though one could argue he once did, prior to creating the Rebels. He did not hate his enemies but rather find them both intriguing and a nuisance; he did not hate the Nightwalkers but rather find them as a potential ally. He could only hate that which caused those he cared about, pain. "Oh is that so? Challenge accepted." Crypt replied with a playful smile though it faded a little when her joy seemed to deflate. He took a deep breath and stood by her, drawing her into a hug. "I'm sorry, Pyra. If I could spend all day with you I would...but work beckons me" he stated "I'll see you tonight." That was a subtle promise that he had every intentions of keeping, he could not bare to hurt her by breaking it. Besides, he enjoyed getting some sleep and thought perhaps it would do him some good to get more of it. As if on cue there was a series of knocking at the door, though not a word was spoken. Crypt closed his eyes for a moment and sighed, at least the Rebels had been patient enough.

(That it is! XD )

Kai fell silent but out of lack of having anything more to say. This wasn't something he was accustomed to, not something he knew how to handle, but he was trying his best. For the time being he shied away from the emotions that threatened to drown him, knowing this was not something that was going to be a smooth ride. In time he would have to learn to accept his emotions rather than let them fall dead and cold, for now he believed both of them needed time to wrap their heads around...this. Kai touched her arm lightly before drawing away, standing up uncertainly. "I...I should get some sleep." he commented quietly. With the lack of a meal hanging over him the best thing he could do was to sleep it off and wait for nightfall, although he found himself reluctant to leave Ellie. A part of him was afraid she would vanish, that he had chased her off. It was a thought that haunted him but there was nothing he could do.

Icy

Post by Icy » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:09 pm

"It probably would, yes." Pyra replied as she placed the pink dress back into her armoire. White would be good for today, she had plenty of time to wear all of her light colored dresses. Not that she had many. She didn't go shopping for herself very often, she didn't do much of it period. For the ball she would have to, but she thought it would be fun, once she figured out just what the ball was going to be like. So much to do, but at least it would keep her occupied. Keep her from thinking about Crypt and his working too much. "I suppose we'll see who wins..."she muttered though it didn't sound as playful. Of course she wasn't happy with him having to leave now, but she knew he had things to do. There was that man from last night, Carlisle, he was probably still waiting in Crypt's office for Crypt to speak to. About what she didn't know, she hadn't been completely there last night...but she knew Carlisle had something to do with stopping the attack. Then who knew what else he had to do, but she couldn't spend time worrying about that. "Don't forget to ask the twins...I'll be staying in the Palace today but..." Pyra shrugged, getting ready to turn away when he pulled her into a hug. There were some doubts that he really would ever spend a full day with her by choice, he was always moving around... but she didn't say a word. Not even to his promise, but she didn't even get a chance to seeing as Rebels were practically trying to knock down her door. "Bye." She said and turned away, she needed to get dressed.

[Yep! XD]

Ellie only nodded, pulling her legs up onto the couch and resting her head on her knees. She didn't think she would be getting much sleep herself, maybe she would go into the city. They were running low on bagged blood and she had a couple other things to pick up. Hopefully she didn't run into those twins, she definitely didn't want to run into that woman that supposedly helped her. If she had really mumbled about her power in front of her she didn't want to know what kind of danger she was in. Especially since Kai had told her she was a Rebel. What were the Rebels even like? From what she's heard they were willing to do anything to get on top, she didn't want to ever face them. She was so tired of Rulers, after the Medieval Ages when Alice and her Uncle ruled Rulers have done nothing but bad things...like trapping people in by a wall. There was no modesty or trust anymore. She was one to talk though wasn't she? Even after having revealed that she did feel for Kai she still didn't fully trust him, still afraid he would turn around and hurt her in some unforgivable way. Was it fair? No, but life wasn't fair and it's proved that to her time and time again.

[Tempted to have Ellie run into the Twins again soon. >_<]

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:38 am

There was another series of knocking from the pair of Rebels waiting not-so-patiently outside the door. An urgency in the sharp raps against the wood, followed by the shuffling of feet. Crypt's gaze hardened a little, shifting towards the door as if honestly expecting them to burst in. It would be a mistake they would quickly learn to regret. A short sigh escaped his lips as he turned his attention towards Pyra again, feeling a deep longing to remain here with her but work was calling. "I'll talk to the Twins..." he reassured her, watching with quite some reluctance as she turned away. She wasn't what he would call 'happy' and it upset him a little, however he had no choice but to let it go. As the Rebel Leader he had to have a clear head while working, not let the two lives interrupt the other. Crypt's deep violet gaze lingered on her for a moment longer before turning away "I'll see you later." he smiled a little though it faded as quickly as it had come. He headed towards the door, giving his hand a small wave to open it without having to make actual contact. Instinctively his face smoothed over, his expression keen but hidden as it flickered over the pair of Rebels. Without needing to say a word the pair remained silent until he left the room and shut the door quietly behind him. "We're sorry to interrupt sir, but you have a few meetings scheduled today. Starting with the Carlisle fella." One of the Rebels spoke, keeping her voice down as their leader moved away from the room.

Kai vanished in a blur, finding some darker place in the already-shadowed house to settle down for the day. He needed solitude and darkness to dwell over everything that's happened. He didn't regret anything he said to Ellie, happy to finally have gotten it off his chest, but now he was plagued with worry. The thoughts haunted him when he finally laid down; flashes of attacking Miles kept slipping into view, words he spoke to Ellie rang in his ears, the thirst mildly scratching away at his throat. He wanted all of this to make sense and despite the seemingly simplicity of it all, it was far from that. Life as a Nightwalker was simple in some ways; they were cold-hearted, monsters that really didn't care what happened to others or even themselves. Not having emotions made life easier and yet here he was, drowning himself in the strongest emotions the world had to offer. Kai curled up and squeezed his eyes shut, feeling the ache in his chest bloom into a soul-seeping warmth. Ellie...

(Okay! I think that'd be cool!)

Icy

Post by Icy » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:45 pm

Carlisle was sat quietly in a chair in the corner of Crypt's office, his clothes a bit ruffled since he had fallen asleep in here. The man told him to wait in his office for him the previous night after he stopped that man whom attacked the pink haired woman so he had done what he was told. Staying on Crypt's good side was important, he had to do everything in his power to gain that man's trust. Even if it involved sleeping in uncomfortable places on occasion. He had understood that it would take awhile so he wasn't complaining. Crypt seemed to care about that woman so he found it safe to assume that was Pyra, that girl he had been hesitant to mention. Orion may just be interested in such information, but it wasn't enough proof yet. After all Crypt seemed to care about all of his Rebels, not quite to the same extent but...he needed more. For now he waved such thoughts out of mind, studying the neat office with a curious gaze. Everyone seemed to have their own way of organizing things, some were messy whereas others kept everything in some specific order, it was interesting to him.

Ellie waited until he was gone before she stood from the couch, glancing around the room with a blank look. A lot has happened in the course of one night, she wasn't sure how to register it but she wasn't unhappy. Some tiny part of her was though she wasn't sure why exactly. Sure she hadn't been happy that he hurt someone because of her, but she had come to terms with that. Perhaps it was just her fear, that often led to her giving in to other emotions. I just need some fresh air, some day light...she thought to herself quietly. It's been awhile since she's truly gone out during the day time. The time she helped the boy she had hurt...to keep Kai from endangering himself, didn't count to her. This was a better time than ever to get what she needed done, she wasn't sure Kai would willingly let her go if he was aware of it. Not that he had any control over what she did, but he worried about her a lot she knew. A sigh escaped her lips as she listened to the air around her for any signs of movement. When she heard nothing she grabbed her keys and left for the city, locking the door tightly behind her.

[I guess now is as good a time as any. This ought to be fun. c:]

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:31 am

The two Rebels quickly went over the few things Crypt had planned for the day as they made their way through the Palace, he spoke only to greet a few Rebels along the way. The Rebels were currently in the process of switching shifts, those who worked at night were retiring for the day and the others emerged from their rooms, and as such it was a relatively quiet time. He smoothed out his outfit a little and combed his hair with his fingers, lost in thought as he approached the office door. Crypt opened the door and dismissed the two trailing Rebels with a flick of his hand, the less they knew about Carlisle for the moment, the better. His gaze flickered around the room briefly before landing on Carlisle, taking a small breath as he entered the room. "Carlisle," he greeted, pausing a few feet away. "I give you my deepest apologies for the delay and certainly for not attending to your needs. Especially after your help..." Crypt began rather simply, preferring to get straight to the point. It was highly unfit for him as a leader to have kept Carlisle waiting and for not offering him a room to rest in for the night, he had his reasons of course but as a leader he couldn't have excuses,

(Okay! I'll have them patrolling the city and what not! XD I'm excited, haven't rped them in a while. )

Airic and Nicholas had left the Palace just as the sun was beginning to rise, taking no time at all to reach the edge of the city. They wandered in, shoulder-to-shoulder, with eager expressions dancing across their faces. The Twins were known to be the Rebels that patrol the city, keeping an eye on all the ins and outs of the day events. They kept to themselves mostly, as was the way of the patrols, and merely observed. They intervened in anything they deemed unfit for the city and it's people. In all honesty, they took a lot of joy and excitement out of these patrols. The city was a fascinating place and as far as they were concerned, it was perfect in the eyes of a Rebel. The humans and vampires coincided during the day, something that was a spectacular sight to witness. Although, not all meetings between the two went well. Mostly, the mortals kept their heads down as they went about their daily life. The Rebels were merely patrolling to keep things in order, ensure the following of all laws, and keep up with the events. The Twins started off on their normal route, heading down the sidewalk that would take them past the bookstores and bakeries, the little stores that held trinkets of all sorts.

Icy

Post by Icy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:02 pm

Carlisle leaned his head against the back of the chair and closed his eyes, he was beginning to feel a little bored as well as cooped up. He didn't know what time it was, but it seemed to be early morning. There was some movement beyond the door, he wasn't sure just how much precisely, but perhaps a shift change? Rebels, although seemingly willing, couldn't work all the time. They grew tired just like everyone else he was sure. A sigh escaped his lips as he opened his pink eyes once more, glancing around before a sound caught his attention. In a flash he was up on his feet just as the door opened, smoothing the wrinkles out of his clothes though many lingered in the dark fabric. It was a nuisance, but there was nothing he could now that Crypt had arrived. He dipped his head and waved off the man's apologies, they were unnecessary given the whole situation that led them here. "No need to apologize, I had assumed it would take awhile. The woman's injuries were quite extensive..."he replied slowly, purposely calling Pyra 'the woman' since they had yet to formally meet and so he wouldn't know her name. There had been no time for introductions either seeing as she had been bleeding out. "Is she alright now?"

[Alright! XD Aha you and your twins.]

Ellie had made it to the city in no time at all although she still felt a bit slow. For the most part she had healed from her injuries, but her body was still affected. Hopefully she didn't get stuck in a tricky situation, she would be careful and wary but things could still happen. Daywalkers these days seemed to be a little more level headed, especially compared to Nightwalkers, but she's seen plenty of them snap. It didn't matter what time of day it was, one had to always be aware and cautious. So far no one was looking at her aside from a glance as they passed by, she felt fine as she moved along the sidewalk at a normal pace. Ellie still she didn't know the city all that well, but by following others she quickly found herself in what seemed to be a shopping area. Each window had something different to offer; trinkets of all sorts though she wasn't here for little trinkets. Perhaps another day, she thought briefly before entering a shop that was full of clothes. Kai seemed to wear the same thing every day, she felt a little bad and so wanted to get him a few things, hoping that he wouldn't be upset by the gesture.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:17 am

Crypt regarded Carlisle with simple curiosity, his head slightly tilted to the side. It was no doubt the man had proven himself a worthy ally, though his loyalty and honesty was yet to be tested to the extent Crypt was happy with. He inclined his head slightly in response, clasping his hands behind him. "She's doing quite well..." he answered, keeping it brief. 'Quite well' didn't seem to cover all the basis, he wasn't entirely sure how Pyra truly was. No doubt she was physically doing better but he had some concerns regarding her emotional and mental health after the attack. The news of the party seemed to brighten her mood a little but his call to work seemed to have quite the opposite effect. Can't worry about that now... he thought reluctantly, brushing it all aside. Perhaps later he'd introduce Pyra to Carlisle, seeing as though he played a large role in her survival. "Please, walk with me." Crypt invited him. "I'll give you a personal tour of the Palace grounds." It was a similar routine Crypt went through every morning, checking on the Rebels as he went. Making sure all was in order; after all, if the Palace was not in perfect working condition then how could they expect to keep the city in working condition.

(Gotta love The Twins! XD )

The Twins paused by a store, leaning back against the old brick wall. They certainly weren't excellent at the whole 'lie low' part of the job, seeing as though they had a habit of attracting attention and not acting particularly 'normal'. They behaved by their normal standards and that was the best they could offer. Nicholas leaned against his brother slightly for support, still a bit weary from the previous illness he suffered. An event that still haunted the pair, yet little could be done about it now. The important thing was, Nicholas was alive and well. Airic kept a watchful eye on the passing crowds of people, his sharp gaze flickering from one face to another. Many of the faces were familiar to him, but only by passing. They didn't interact with the citizens as often as one might think. "Busy out today huh?" Airic muttered, turning his head to cast a quick glance through the windows of the store they lingered by. Nicholas smirked a little "Always is..."

Icy

Post by Icy » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:15 pm

Carlisle relaxed his posture a little as Crypt studied him, stretching his neck. Sleeping in a chair really wasn't that comfortable, and though he was a vampire that did not mean he didn't like comfort. No matter, he would be fine. There were more important matters to take care of and it was easy to brush away his thoughts as Crypt replied to his inquiry, easily slipping back into his facade. "I'm glad to hear that, a beautiful lady shouldn't have to suffer such horrid injuries." He replied, and again he didn't 'know' who she was so he wasn't being careful with his word choice. After all he was still trying to test the waters to see how the man would react, gain more proof, but he was doing so innocently so as to not garner suspicion. Once he was officially introduced that would come to an end. His gaze moved to Crypt as he asked for him to walk with him and he dipped his head. "Of course, that would be lovely. I will admit I got lost the other day until a Rebel stumbled upon me..."he chuckled softly, running a hand over his hair. The palace grounds, he knew them like the back of his hand, it was a shame he had to pretend he didn't know them at all.

[I do not...but I do. XD]

Ellie looked through a few different racks, unsure where to start. What kinds of things did guys even like to wear? Kai was wearing a t-shirt and jeans, but would that really be enough for him? Then again for most of her existence she had worn nothing but dresses, it was after she grew up that she started to wear pants sometimes. She bit her lip as she thought about it, lifting a pair of jeans off one of the many racks in the little shop. They were black and looked nice, comfortable, but would he like them? There were plenty of other colors of jeans, but she wouldn't go overboard; maybe just a couple pairs of black and a few blue or grey. Just enough that he'd still have a couple of clean pairs when she did laundry, shirts would be a little more difficult. Some were plain, others had little designs on them, plain would probably be the safer route to take. Perhaps she could get an idea of the things he liked and come shopping again another time, if he really was going to stick around then he would need stuff. It was strange shopping for others...the last time had been when she was a child. Since then she hadn't had many opportunities, but in a way this was nice. Enjoyable even. She smiled, picking through the jeans for a few moments more before moving on to the shirts.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:41 am

"Quite so..." Crypt replied, studying Carlisle closely. The man's posture was more relaxed, seeming to warm up a little the further they talked. "I am relieved she is safe and healing now." He spoke evenly, wishing for the conversation to seem merely casual. He was uncertain if he wanted Carlisle to be aware of his personal connections to Pyra, though if he stuck around long enough the Rebels were sure to mention it. For the time being though, The Rebels would remain on guard around Carlisle. Crypt has taught them well to be wary of strangers, for it was all too easy to fall under the charm of anyone. He taught them lessons from personal experience only, such charm was how he managed to slip into the ranks of the Officials for some time before they chased him out. Crypt waved these thoughts aside and smiled pleasantly "The palace can be quite the maze..." he commented. He gave his hand a small wave and the door opened, he gestured towards the hall outside. "Please, after you." he said lightly. The morning Rebel shifts were finalized, the Palace was silent and still once more. The occasional murmur of voices or clash of laughter echoed in various directions, a glimpse of movement every now and then. The Rebels always traveled in, at the very least, pairs. Some groups were larger all depending on the relations among the Rebels and the job applied to them.

(They're just too precious not to love. XD )

The Twins alerted on a staggering vampire just across from them, stumbling his way across the street. It wasn't unheard of vampires getting drunk off the blood of a human who drank alcohol, but it certainly wasn't all that common. They remained still, casting a quick glance at one another as if sharing a thought. Silence unfolded between them, time seeming to slow down as their attention focused in on the vampire as he crossed the street. The vampire seemed to have a destination in mind as he approached the doors to a clothing shop, knocking into the door and stumbling in. The Twins cast a quick glance at each other before following after him. Unfortunately, the man was a danger to himself but mostly the other citizens. His eyes gleamed a bright red, dried blood trailed down his chin. Nicholas and Airic came up behind him, watching as the vampire scanned the store for his next meal. Simultaneously the Twins grabbed hold of his shoulders and arms firmly, pulling his hands behind his back. The vampire roared in outrage, suddenly thrashing around in attempts to wriggle free from their grasp. "Gah, such a pain." Nicholas grunted, holding firmly onto the flailing vampire. "Such a racket." Airic echoed.

Icy

Post by Icy » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:02 am

"That is indeed good to hear." Carlisle agreed with a slight nod, deciding to let the subject drop for now. He couldn't push too much after all, that would be far too suspicious he was sure. They would be sure to slaughter him if they truly knew why he was here, and he was positive that at some point the truth would come to light. When he let it be known of course. Crypt seemed like a smart enough man to figure it out, so until then he would have to keep on his toes and blend in. Luckily he was confident in his skills. Cinfidence was key after all, or so he heard. "I can definitely see how it can be considered a maze of sorts. I am confident I'll learn my way around in time." He replied, glancing over as the door opened seemingly in its own. A gift of Crypt's perhaps? Or had someone he couldn't see opened it? That seemed silly, surely he would have heard them open it at least? Crypt had waved his hand before it moved so that had to be the answer. It made him curious as to what the man's gifts were; aside from, he was assuming, telekinesis, but he couldn't just ask him. That seemed a little rude, and he wasn't sure Crypt would be so willing to tell him these things when he still so new. In silence he moved towards the door, slipping through it into the now quiet hall.

[They certainly are. c: We have quite a few precious characters. XD]

Ellie had picked a few things out and made it to the cash register, paying for it all and gathering her two bags when a huge commotion interrupted the peaceful atmosphere. Being as jumpy as she was she whirled around, her heart pounding in her chest, dropping her bags in the floor with a small squeak leaving her pale lips. A couple items spilt out, but she didn't notice as her silver eyes zeroed on the volatile vampire who was angrily thrashing about. Seeing as she wasn't looking directly at the ones who had taken ahold of him she didn't recognize them in that particular moment, caught up entirely in the...excitement of what was going on. A hundred memories flashed through her mind of monsters and glistening fangs, fangs that were usually targeting her. Sadly she's been attacked a lot over the years, the last time being a few days ago, and to think she had been inches away from possibly being attacked yet again made her shudder in discomfort. What would Kai think if he woke up and she wasn't there? She hadn't left him a note...she tried not to think about it instead focusing on trying to calm herself down. Not that it was easy in this situation, but she knew it wasn't good to let her heart rate stay out of control around a bloodthirsty vampire.